Tuesday, 2011-11-29

*** KaiRo_Mozilla has joined #mer00:01
*** berndhs has quit IRC00:03
*** KaIRC has quit IRC00:05
*** berndhs has joined #mer00:06
*** mlfoster has quit IRC00:09
*** shanem has quit IRC00:21
*** shanem has joined #mer00:28
*** smoku has left #mer00:36
*** pdanek1 has joined #mer00:37
*** wicket64 has quit IRC00:38
*** mghosal has joined #mer00:53
*** mghosal has quit IRC00:56
*** pdanek1 has quit IRC01:01
*** pdanek has joined #mer01:03
*** M4rtinK has quit IRC01:20
*** NIN101 has quit IRC01:55
*** KaziKluBey has joined #mer02:00
*** KaziKluBey has quit IRC02:08
*** pdanek1 has joined #mer02:11
*** pdanek has quit IRC02:12
*** tilgovi has quit IRC02:47
*** dcthang has joined #mer02:50
*** otep has quit IRC02:53
*** otep has joined #mer02:55
*** krayon has quit IRC03:03
*** pdanek has joined #mer03:08
*** pdanek1 has quit IRC03:10
*** crevetor has joined #mer03:13
*** KaiRo_Mozilla has quit IRC03:14
*** pdanek1 has joined #mer03:14
*** pdanek has quit IRC03:16
*** slaine has quit IRC03:24
dcthangmorning03:36
*** shanem has quit IRC03:40
*** shanem has joined #mer03:43
*** shanem has quit IRC03:47
berndhsmoin03:50
*** dl9pf_ has joined #mer04:03
*** dl9pf has quit IRC04:04
*** king_aoeu has quit IRC04:13
*** dcthang has quit IRC04:16
*** dcthang has joined #mer04:17
*** berndhs has left #mer04:23
*** beford has joined #mer04:23
*** pdanek has joined #mer04:25
*** pdanek1 has quit IRC04:27
*** crevetor has quit IRC04:27
*** Jucato has quit IRC04:30
*** Jucato has joined #mer04:31
*** Jucato has quit IRC04:32
*** Jucato has joined #mer04:33
*** tilgovi has joined #mer05:01
*** sebsauer__ has joined #mer05:03
*** sebsauer__ has quit IRC05:15
*** sebsauer__ has joined #mer05:16
SageStskeeps: how can I remove one of my submits from gerrit?05:22
Sageis there any way for that?05:22
*** DocScrutinizer has quit IRC05:24
*** DocScrutinizer has joined #mer05:24
*** sebsauer has joined #mer05:28
*** rdqfdx has joined #mer05:29
*** sebsauer__ has quit IRC05:29
*** Alison_Chaiken has quit IRC05:50
*** pdanek has left #mer05:51
*** beford has quit IRC06:06
iekkumorning06:09
StskeepsSage: click abandon change06:11
SageWhere is taht? :D06:18
SageStskeeps: maybe only you can see it?06:18
Stskeepshmm06:27
Stskeepssec06:27
Stskeepsnext to diff all-side-by-side in the patch set?06:29
Stskeepsscreenshot me your view?06:31
Sageah06:34
Stskeepsabandon means you give up completely, even uploading a new patchset06:34
Sageok06:34
Stskeepsone positive thing about the OBS upgrade06:37
Stskeepsbuild logs in DBC statements now show06:37
Sage\o/06:40
* Sage was really waiting for that06:40
SageI'm checking the ca-certificates package again06:41
Sagedropping the java stuff out from latest fedora so it shoudl build ok.06:43
Stskeepsok06:43
Sagewe probabl ydon't need /etc/pki/java anyway in mer atm.06:43
Stskeeps:nod:06:43
Sagehttps://build.pub.meego.com/package/show?package=ca-certificates&project=home%3Asage%3AMer%3AMW%3AShared \o/06:43
Sagemight be the package we want in mer after that is tested06:43
Sagesame as in fedora but without the java stuff06:44
*** sebsauer_ has joined #mer06:51
*** sebsauer has quit IRC06:51
*** drussell has joined #mer06:52
*** MerBot has joined #mer07:05
iekkuvgrade, congrats07:08
iekkui want a new job also :/07:08
*** dcthang has quit IRC07:08
kyb3Riekku: still at bug related work?07:08
*** rnovacek has joined #mer07:08
*** dcthang has joined #mer07:08
* timoph starts a new job on thursday07:08
iekkukyb3R, yes please07:08
*** cxl000 has quit IRC07:08
iekkukyb3R, or qa07:08
kyb3R:)07:08
Stskeepskyb3R: i just had a mental picture of iekku with a flamethrower and alien bugs running away..07:09
kyb3RI always mix the terminology :)07:13
timoph:D07:13
timophStskeeps: you pinged the other day?07:13
iekkuStskeeps, that would be SO cool! :D07:13
Stskeepstimoph: yes, i was wondering about something related to qa tools and realized it was all documented :P07:13
Stskeepstimoph: which is erm, pretty unusual in OSS07:13
timoph:)07:13
iekkuStskeeps, can I wear tank girl type of clothing :P07:13
Stskeepsiekku: i'm not allowed to imagine girls in tank girl clothing, sorry, married ;)07:13
iekkuhahaha07:13
iekkustarted to laugh here and today i'm 2 office07:13
*** MerBot has quit IRC07:13
*** MerBot has joined #mer07:13
timoph*started*07:13
kyb3RStskeeps: :)07:16
kyb3Rthis is some basics07:16
* w00t yawns07:16
w00tmoin all07:16
Stskeepsmoi07:16
timophkyb3R: at NF today?07:17
kyb3Rtimoph: at the moment and for the rest of the day07:17
timophI think I'll head there to kill time07:17
kyb3Rlunch time around noon :)07:18
timoph:)07:18
*** ssirkia has joined #mer07:18
*** dcthang has quit IRC07:20
*** ssirkia has quit IRC07:22
timophhmmh. googling for mer on n810 finds a bit old news :)07:25
Stskeepsyeah..07:25
Stskeepssec07:25
Stskeepshttp://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptation/N8x007:26
timophthanks07:26
Stskeepswe're not terribly high in google results just yet07:26
timophalso found a finnish review of n810 that says it's the travellers dream device while searching07:28
Stskeepsit is still, somewhat07:28
timophyep07:29
*** veskuh has joined #mer07:31
timophI was thinking of doing a n8x0 tetris so that one device == one block07:31
timophdunno if I can find enough n8x0s though07:32
*** xruxa has joined #mer07:49
*** phaeron has joined #mer07:55
*** tarantism has quit IRC07:56
SageStskeeps: was there a known reason why armv7l repository is a bit slower than others?07:57
SageStskeeps: in obs it seems to take minutes it to recalculate state and others are fine in 10s or so07:58
Stskeepsarmv7el has three different ports in it07:58
Stskeepswhile i486/i586 only has two07:58
Stskeepsso it will take more load than those07:59
Sagebut there is still only one arch in repository08:01
*** ali1234 has quit IRC08:02
Stskeepsyeah, but scheduler works linearly, so some things may be queued up elsewhere08:03
SageI'm still not convinced as it is always the armv7l repo and not arvm7hl or armv6l08:05
Stskeepshmm08:05
Stskeepsthe other side of it is that we can switch to solvstate, which is faster08:05
*** sebsauer__ has joined #mer08:06
*** sebsauer_ has quit IRC08:07
*** dcthang has joined #mer08:14
*** virtuald has quit IRC08:15
*** cxl000 has joined #mer08:27
*** kiviluoto has joined #mer08:28
*** kiviluoto_ has quit IRC08:28
*** lamikr has joined #mer08:31
*** elfio has joined #mer08:36
elfiohello there08:37
Stskeepshey :) so what brings you here?08:38
elfiohi!08:39
elfioi would like know something else about mer08:39
Stskeepsask away :)08:39
elfioI didn't found any news about him08:40
elfioand I would like to know the state of develop or something08:40
Stskeepsyeah, our homepage is a bit lackluster, hang on08:40
elfioI want mer in my phone :p08:40
Stskeepshttp://www.mail-archive.com/mer-general@lists.merproject.org/08:40
Stskeepshttp://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Main_Page08:40
Stskeepshttp://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/News08:41
Stskeepsthat should be a good start08:41
elfioI knew about the wiki08:41
elfiobut not about the mail list08:42
elfio:p08:42
Stskeeps:nod: it's a bit hidden away08:42
Stskeepshttp://review.merproject.org/ , All->Merged is also quite nice to show progress08:42
*** bergie has joined #mer08:42
Stskeepsremember Mer's just a core, for more shiny things like UIs, you'd follow plasma active, Nemo, etc08:43
elfiohave you got a twitter or identi.ca account or something like that?08:43
elfioah08:43
elfiook08:43
Stskeepsnah.. but follow twitter.com/stskeeps and twitter.com/vgrade and other people08:44
elfionice!08:44
*** mdavey has quit IRC08:46
Stskeepshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxQLIjcYAMU is one of my favourite videos as of late08:46
elfioand what about tizen?08:46
elfiodo you share the core with them?08:46
Stskeepsthey haven't published any code yet, architecture08:46
Stskeepsso it's a bit hard to tell if we are08:46
Stskeepsbut honestly, if we all work together in upstream projects like connman, ofono, gcc, glibc.. then we do share a lot08:47
Stskeepswe're hoping to eventually have the tizen app story (html5+WAC) also supported in mer, but with a qt runtime08:48
*** drussell has quit IRC08:48
Stskeepsso, are you a user or a hacker?08:49
elfioi wish have a linux mobile one day...08:49
elfio:)08:49
elfiothe videos looks good08:50
elfiowith future08:50
elfiomy english is not very good :p08:50
Stskeepsit's fine, i've seen worse08:51
Stskeepsjust remember mer isn't only handsets, we hope to see people do everything from tablets to interactive busstops with it08:55
elfioit would be awesome08:55
elfioi hate nokia a bit08:56
elfiofor left out meego08:56
*** slaine has joined #mer08:56
Stskeepsmeego had it's own share of problems, but at least it made us able to have a solid base to build Mer on08:56
elfiothe N9 was wonderful... haha08:57
elfiowhere do you test the core?08:58
elfion900?08:58
Stskeepsa lot of different places08:58
elfioor a virtual machine08:58
Stskeepswe don't have hardware adaptations and UIs in the mer core, so we let people who actually are customers of the core help test things08:58
Stskeepsso we signal when something needs to be tested, and they'll feed back08:58
Stskeepsso we test on N900, N950, N9, beagleboard, exopc, ideapad, etc08:59
Stskeepstegra2 tablets, raspberry pi ...08:59
Stskeepsetc08:59
elfioI admire you and your work09:00
*** seezer has quit IRC09:00
elfioI hope the core grow up and become a good core09:00
elfioto use everywhere09:00
elfio:)09:00
elfioI have to go09:01
elfioGood luck!09:01
elfio:)09:01
Stskeepssee you09:01
*** elfio has quit IRC09:01
*** seezer has joined #mer09:02
*** jonnor_work has joined #mer09:09
*** sebsauer has joined #mer09:10
*** sebsauer__ has quit IRC09:11
*** jukkaeklund has joined #mer09:15
lbtmorning all09:15
jukkaeklundhi09:16
Stskeepsmorn lbt, jukka09:16
jukkaeklundhiho09:16
iekkuhe is alive!09:18
* slaine yawns and stretches09:18
slaineman I need a coffee09:19
iekku:D09:19
slainetime to kick off a sync of fakeobs09:20
jukkaeklundwho is alive, not me..09:20
slainehmmm, did the fakeobs urls change while I was off ?09:21
Stskeepsslaine: yeah, we've been moving around a bit and putting things in their final place09:22
Stskeepsslaine: git remote add gerrit http://review.merproject.org/p/mer/release-tools09:23
Stskeepsgit pull gerrit master09:23
*** notmart has joined #mer09:23
*** notmart has joined #mer09:23
*** drussell has joined #mer09:23
timophStskeeps: about the tools docs. Might make sense to move things related to them to somewhere else from meego wiki09:23
Stskeeps:nod:09:24
slaineStskeeps: cheers, only changes seem to be to createrelease.sh09:24
*** ssirkia has joined #mer09:24
Stskeepsslaine: hmm, nothing in Makefile with releases.merproject.org etc?09:25
slainethat was based on the git pull output09:25
Stskeepsjust verify monster.tspre.org isn't mentioned anywhere ;)09:25
slainek09:25
Stskeepsmight have to re-clone Core09:26
*** M4rtinK has joined #mer09:26
slainerunning make atm09:26
* lbt keeps an eye out for alterego....09:27
*** smoku has joined #mer09:29
*** iss has joined #mer09:30
*** slx has joined #mer09:30
Sagehmmp09:31
*** swerden has quit IRC09:34
*** jvd_ has quit IRC09:39
*** mdavey has joined #mer09:40
*** mgrover_ has joined #mer09:46
*** jukkaeklund has quit IRC09:55
*** zabomber has quit IRC09:57
*** jukkaeklund has joined #mer09:58
mgrover_anybody ever tried nemo on the N9?09:59
jukkaeklundyes09:59
jukkaeklundworks great09:59
mgrover_great thank you10:01
mgrover_ill be trying that soon if i win this bid10:01
*** jukkaeklund has quit IRC10:05
*** veskuh has quit IRC10:06
*** zabomber has joined #mer10:06
*** mdavey_ has joined #mer10:07
*** sebsauer_ has joined #mer10:08
*** sebsauer has quit IRC10:09
*** mdavey has quit IRC10:10
*** mdavey_ is now known as mdavey10:10
*** jvd_ has joined #mer10:19
*** jukkaeklund has joined #mer10:24
*** lizardo has joined #mer10:30
*** dcthang has quit IRC10:34
*** dcthang has joined #mer10:34
*** javiF has joined #mer10:36
*** mdavey has quit IRC10:36
Stskeepsa nice junior job: https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1510:37
Stskeeps(Bug 15 - Switch from libjpeg to libjpeg-turbo)10:37
*** KaziKluBey has joined #mer10:47
slainethink I'm gonna end up a coffee fiend today10:52
* slaine goes and gets another one10:53
w00tStskeeps: https://github.com/special/qjpeg-turbo is also worth investigation10:54
Stskeeps:nod:10:54
*** M4rtinK has quit IRC10:55
SageStskeeps: Am I counted as junior?10:57
StskeepsSage: dunno, if you have spare time ;)10:57
jukkaeklund:)10:58
dcthangMaybe senior can't solve a junior's problem :P10:59
* Sage ponders if he should upgrade from f15->f16 or just reinstall the f16.10:59
* Sage is hopin that the USB behaviour would improve with the update.11:00
*** NIN101 has joined #mer11:04
*** dijenerate has joined #mer11:05
Stskeepslbt: could you op merbot in #mer-meeting ?11:10
lbttrying... /op MerBot #mer-meeting11:10
lbt?11:10
Stskeepsmsg chanserv op11:11
StskeepsANNOUNCE: Nemo steering group meeting in #mer-meeting now (timezones suck)11:13
*** sebsauer_ has quit IRC11:15
*** sebsauer_ has joined #mer11:15
*** mgrover_ has quit IRC11:15
*** sebsauer_ has quit IRC11:19
*** xmlich02 has joined #mer11:22
*** sandroandrade has joined #mer11:27
*** dcthang has quit IRC11:29
*** mdavey has joined #mer11:35
*** drussell has quit IRC11:49
Jucato(oh didn't know there was a steering group already. nice one!)11:50
jukkaeklund:)11:51
jukkaeklundfor nemo, yes11:51
Jucatooh right right ... I needs moar coffee to read  properly >.<11:52
Stskeepswe should kickstart mer governance soon though11:52
*** pdanek has joined #mer11:56
*** pdanek has left #mer11:56
*** jukkaeklund has quit IRC12:03
*** KaIRC has joined #mer12:10
Sagephaeron: http://pastie.org/293830412:16
Sagephaeron: ah, http:// missing ;)12:17
Sageeh12:18
*** bergie has quit IRC12:18
Sagephaeron: fixed bootstrap ;)12:18
phaeronlol12:19
Sagephaeron: there are couple of things missing in mer core but enabling boostrap building is just a oneliner12:19
phaeronSage: ok we have a mic build in the MINT repos. do an SR towards that and then I'll upgrade the one on the imager vm12:20
phaeronthen we can test it later12:20
Sagehttps://meego.gitorious.org/meego-developer-tools/image-creator/blobs/master/mic/utils/bootstrap.py#line50812:20
Sagethat line prevents the bootstrap being created12:20
Sagehowever, these packages might be a problem later on creating images12:21
Sagephaeron: http://pastie.org/293832512:21
phaeronSage: wasn't there a workaround where it linked the host mic2 into the bootstrap ?12:21
Sagephaeron: that is still used, but is still wants to install the mic from the repo as well ;)12:22
phaeronSage: can we maybe force non bootstrap mode12:22
phaeronah arm12:22
Sageyes, arm we can't :)12:23
phaeronyeah I remembered12:23
Sagehowever, if you check those packages that in the last pastie12:23
Sagethe ones missing are mainly used on x8512:23
Sagex8612:23
Sagelike, syslinux, btrfs, genisoimage etc.12:23
phaeronSage: only wget makes sense12:24
Sagephaeron: urlgrapper?12:24
phaeronwasn't there some hardcoded usage ? or was that fixed ?12:24
phaeronpython-zypp ?12:25
Sagehttp://pastie.org/293834212:25
Sage:P12:25
phaeronuse yum ?12:25
Sagewell then yum package should get that dep12:25
Sagewe should not drag it explicitly12:25
Sagebut need to test that a bit more and check if any of those are actually needed12:26
phaeronpython-zypp is used to to talk to zypper , but you use yum right ?12:26
Sageyes, well... we should use zypp but there are problems thus using yum :/12:27
phaeronlast I checked python-zypp has problems with groups and my question on the mailing list was never answered12:28
Sagepython-zypp has many problems :/12:28
SageI got some mail of one maintainer or something saying that it was being merged to some other package or something12:28
phaeronthen yum it is for now12:30
Sagelibzypp-binding = python-zypp?12:30
phaeronyeah src and bin12:31
phaeronhttps://build.opensuse.org/package/binaries?package=libzypp-bindings&project=openSUSE%3A11.4&repository=standard12:31
*** tomeff has joined #mer12:33
Stskeepswe should probably use -binding instead then12:33
*** lizardo has quit IRC12:34
SageStskeeps: python-zypp and the libzypp-bindings are the same things from the looks of it.12:35
Stskeepsok12:35
Sagewe should just update the packages12:36
Sagephaeron: what is a bit odd is that mic boostrap doesn't install yum to the bootstrap.12:42
Sagephaeron: or, hmm.. might be a mic2 dep and thus it is not there12:42
Sageyup, mic2 depends on yum12:48
Sageand many other things12:48
SageName:       mic12:49
SageSummary:    image creator for Linux distributions12:49
Sage:D12:49
Sagevs12:50
SageName:       mic212:50
SageSummary:    Tools for building images for MeeGo12:50
phaeronI think we should look into kiwi :D12:51
*** lizardo has joined #mer12:53
*** drussell has joined #mer12:53
Sagehmmp... they have really cleaned it up quite a bit12:54
*** lamikr has quit IRC12:55
* lbt mumbles something about "told you so"12:59
*** maour has quit IRC13:00
*** gabrbedd has joined #mer13:03
*** lamikr has joined #mer13:12
*** ssirkia has left #mer13:24
*** raignarok has joined #mer13:26
*** lynxis has joined #mer13:32
*** arc_mat|tp has quit IRC13:33
*** sebsauer_ has joined #mer13:36
*** bergie has joined #mer13:40
*** slaine has quit IRC13:45
*** virtuald has joined #mer13:46
*** javiF has quit IRC13:49
*** M4rtinK has joined #mer13:52
*** rnovacek has quit IRC13:55
*** sebsauer__ has joined #mer13:56
*** sebsauer_ has quit IRC13:57
*** jargon- has quit IRC14:09
*** jargon- has joined #mer14:10
*** crevetor has joined #mer14:27
*** keithzg has quit IRC14:30
*** jbos has quit IRC14:30
*** ShadowJK has quit IRC14:30
*** mja- has quit IRC14:30
*** X-Fade has quit IRC14:30
*** odin_ has quit IRC14:30
*** berndhs has joined #mer14:32
*** keithzg has joined #mer14:36
*** jbos has joined #mer14:36
*** ShadowJK has joined #mer14:36
*** mja- has joined #mer14:36
*** X-Fade has joined #mer14:36
*** odin_ has joined #mer14:36
*** tilgovi has quit IRC14:40
*** lynxis has quit IRC14:43
*** iss has quit IRC14:44
*** dijenerate has quit IRC14:45
*** sandroandrade has quit IRC14:51
*** javiF has joined #mer14:53
*** maour has joined #mer14:54
*** akira_tsukamoto has left #mer14:54
*** lbt has quit IRC14:58
*** lbt has joined #mer14:58
*** lbt has quit IRC14:58
*** lbt has joined #mer14:58
phaeronlbt: about what ?14:59
*** antoniojasr has joined #mer15:00
*** sebsauer__ has quit IRC15:05
*** jargon- has quit IRC15:12
*** sandroandrade has joined #mer15:19
*** M4rtinK has quit IRC15:22
*** vgrade has quit IRC15:30
*** vgrade has joined #mer15:30
Stskeepslbt: looks like agilebrowser guy is updating the documentation15:32
lbtyeah - this morning15:34
Stskeepsi should really do a run of agilebrowser on mer at some point..15:34
lbtI kinda downgraded the priortity given there's not even a redistribution license15:35
lbtand I'm really dubious about "hey, download and run this exe from a wiki"15:36
lbt"as root"15:36
Stskeeps:nod:15:36
Stskeepsi don't think it's an exe, it's a jar, and i don't think it requires root15:36
Stskeepsbut yeah, same evil ;)15:36
Stskeepshttp://www.symlab.org/wiki/index.php/AgileBrowser15:37
*** xruxa has quit IRC15:37
lbtyeah - it could have been a different one - I installed AB and I think there was another tool that I skipped15:38
lbt"longer-term plan is to contribute the code as a proper Foundation tool package"  ... I forget whether Symbian is OSS or not nowadays15:39
Stskeepsit's well, dead15:39
Stskeeps:P15:39
* Stskeeps checks something15:40
lbtso's meego :)15:40
lbthe seems to be a bit of a necropheliac when it comes to OSes15:40
*** harbaum has joined #mer15:41
Stskeepsanyway.. what other alternatives do we have?15:42
lbthttp://thejit.org/15:42
lbtwhich approximates to "nothing"15:42
Stskeepsokay, anything involving qt..15:43
Stskeepsi wonder if we could simply export this into qt15:44
Stskeepser, qml15:44
lbtI worry that it's more shine than substance15:45
Stskeepswell, think about it.. dependancy graph exported into qml15:47
*** mlfoster has joined #mer15:48
Stskeepsah, he's on twitter15:49
* Stskeeps sends a mesage15:49
lbtyep - you'd get the visual of it but not much interogation15:54
Stskeepstrue15:55
*** harbaum has quit IRC15:58
*** lamikr has quit IRC16:00
*** ajit has joined #mer16:05
ajithi16:05
*** ajit has quit IRC16:06
*** crevetor has quit IRC16:13
*** raignarok has quit IRC16:25
*** crevetor has joined #mer16:26
*** crevetor has left #mer16:27
*** Jucato has quit IRC16:35
lbtdoing a mount --bind into the wrong place in an obs build hurts16:36
Stskeepsindeed16:37
Stskeepsdon't say it was on CI16:37
Stskeeps:P16:37
*** king_aoeu has joined #mer16:37
Stskeepslbt: http://pastie.org/pastes/2939429/text16:40
Stskeepslittle fuzzy on 'prerelease' as you already see that in proposed changes16:41
lbtnah .. here16:41
*** paulsherwood has quit IRC16:41
*** jonnor_work has quit IRC16:42
lbt"update the Core"  ??16:43
Stskeepsokay, as in, update packages.xml16:43
*** aoeuaoeu has joined #mer16:43
Stskeepscore == mer/project-core16:44
lbtwhat OBS projects exist here16:44
lbtand how do they relate to ongoing builds by BOSS in CI16:44
Stskeepsright, perhaps it'd be good to scheme that out better16:44
*** crevetor has joined #mer16:44
lbta release is a release from the Mer Release System - ie a published OBS repo with corresponding sha1s  from git for pkgs16:45
lbtset of published repos16:45
Stskeepsright, definitions could be good16:46
*** king_aoeu has quit IRC16:47
lbtPickup is essentially a snapshot then?16:48
*** javiF has quit IRC16:49
Stskeepsso, in core i have a 'pickupchanges' thing in Makefile .. what it does is that it checks what is latest commit in each of the packages (ie, merged changes) and updates the sha in packages.xml to correspond to the new commit16:50
Stskeepseffectively bringing the package to a new version16:50
Bostikthat approach sounds... familiar16:51
lbtwhy the rebuild ?16:53
Stskeepswell, rebuild or localdep, either one, but the idea is to make sure we're not entering crap into master16:54
*** andre__ has quit IRC16:54
lbtdidn't BOSS do that already ?16:54
lbton a per-package commit-by-commit basis16:54
Stskeepsyes, but there can be evil interactions16:55
Stskeepstwo independent changes can conflict, so we need to stop them there16:55
lbtjust wondering why we don't just pause BOSS, wait for quiet, validate clean and cp -a16:55
*** smoku has quit IRC16:55
lbtand is the answer to improve the acceptance process rather than work around it in the release?16:56
*** toscalix has joined #mer16:59
*** jbos has quit IRC17:03
*** jbos has joined #mer17:03
*** maour_ has joined #mer17:06
*** maour has quit IRC17:08
*** paulsherwood has joined #mer17:09
*** crevetor has left #mer17:10
Stskeepsyeah, took a walk and you're right, we need a more efficient procedure17:11
*** maour__ has joined #mer17:12
*** maour_ has quit IRC17:12
*** drussell has quit IRC17:16
*** xruxa has joined #mer17:16
*** slx is now known as swerden17:27
*** dijenerate has joined #mer17:27
lbtI will add.... (and not just to be difficult!) .... what happens when a vendor needs a fix? ie they hit something in pre-release that impacts release.17:29
Stskeeps:nod:17:29
lbtit suggests to me that a pickup is nominally a branch point17:29
lbt'master' carries on but somehow we need to cherry pick (or exclude) from master17:30
Stskeepsso, let's say we have a OBS repo that corresponds always to master, and one that is sketch area17:31
lbtsketch.... == release-candidate?17:31
Stskeepswell, think trunk:testing17:32
Stskeepsa pickup of changes17:33
Stskeepsie, can we move this into master17:33
Stskeepsand then a release is some tag eventually of master17:33
lbtI think releases would logically come from a mini-stabilishing-branch17:34
Stskeepsmm17:34
lbtwell17:34
lbtI think that's what your pastie describes17:34
lbt"Release consists of the prerelease with eventual fixes and pulled out changes"17:34
Stskeeps:nod:17:35
lbtwhich is sane17:35
lbtit even permits continuation of an arbitrary 'release' as a stable release17:35
lbtif someone wants to17:35
*** drussell has joined #mer17:38
*** bergie has quit IRC17:43
*** xruxa has quit IRC17:44
*** javiF has joined #mer17:53
* Stskeeps ponders how to model that sanely18:00
lbta text file containing sha1s ? many files? a git submodule tree18:08
*** shanem has joined #mer18:17
*** smoku has joined #mer18:20
Stskeepsone of my ideas is that we somehow can provide ability to +1 / -1 for vendors in gerrit, but that might be difficult18:20
*** smoku has left #mer18:21
*** smoku has joined #mer18:21
*** smoku has left #mer18:22
*** smoku has joined #mer18:22
*** toscalix has quit IRC18:31
*** toscalix has joined #mer18:31
*** lynxis has joined #mer18:33
*** raignarok has joined #mer18:35
*** NIN102 has joined #mer18:35
Stskeepslbt: yeah, something's behaving really weird in VM's18:36
*** NIN101 has quit IRC18:36
*** leinir has joined #mer18:36
lbthorrid isn't it18:36
lbtseems to be related to openvpn load - but it's in the VM I think as even ssh tunnels exhibit it18:37
vgradeStskeeps, there was a pdf of OBS devel process created for training at nokia, I can't find it.18:37
vgradeStskeeps, any idea where it is, I seem to recall on wiki18:37
Stskeepsvgrade: i think we have two..18:37
Stskeepsi know of a set lbt and co has done, another was the training material we brought CE people up to speed with18:38
vgradethe second one I was looking for18:38
Stskeepssec18:38
vgradeit was a pdf18:38
Stskeepshttp://wiki.meego.com/images/Meegokickoff.pdf ?18:39
*** toscalix has quit IRC18:40
Stskeepshttp://en.opensuse.org/images/d/df/Obs-cheat-sheet.pdf also looks useful18:41
Stskeeps(thanks javier)18:41
vgradeStskeeps, thats the one, thanks. Its for a Plasma dev who was asking18:41
javieryw :)18:41
Stskeepslbt: the training material for OBS classes, was that ever public?18:42
*** drussell has quit IRC18:42
lbtit was intended to be - you'd have to ask phaeron now18:42
Stskeepsok18:42
phaeronno it isn't, but it could be opened if it is still useful / not outdate18:42
phaeron*d18:42
Stskeepsmm, i could take a look at some point i guess to assess that18:44
phaeronStskeeps: did you look into imager ? any comments ?18:44
Stskeepsphaeron: i haven't gotten that far just yet sadly, stuck on release process right now :)18:45
phaeronok18:45
lbtI was going to suggest using some of Stefan's HW for an IMG deployment18:45
*** smoku has left #mer18:45
Stskeepsyeah, a likely target18:46
*** smoku has joined #mer18:47
Stskeepsphaeron: my intent is basically to wire it into the gerrit process18:47
Stskeepsie, the one running in BOSS18:47
*** smoku has left #mer18:48
phaeronsounds cool18:48
*** smoku has joined #mer18:48
Stskeepslbt: it's not possible to do a obs bs_admin --clone-repository through OBS API is it?18:49
lbtnot afaik18:49
lbtssh18:49
phaeronor wrap it in a participant18:50
phaeronmm18:51
phaeronobs_admin participant18:51
Stskeepsso, maybe you can help brainstorm: the description of Mer's Core:ARCH OBS projects are in one git tree. Two types of changes usually go in: adjustments to packages.xml and changes to prjconf(s)18:51
phaeronbut would need some auth18:51
*** jjmarin has joined #mer18:52
Stskeepswe need to have a weekly release process going18:52
Stskeepsand pre-releases and fixing some things/pulling out some changes18:52
Stskeepschanges are typically changing which SHA1/commit a package consists of, in a packages.xml18:52
Stskeepsideally we need to be able to gather input from the vendor community on if a prerelease is good or bad18:53
*** gabrbedd has quit IRC18:53
*** jjmarin has quit IRC18:54
*** lynxis has quit IRC18:56
*** javiF has quit IRC19:02
phaerondo you really expect such fast feedback from vendors ?19:04
Stskeepsi'm hoping to make tools to give preliminary results19:04
Stskeepsie, deltas in failures, etc19:04
Stskeepskeep in mind there's no 'internal' projects in mer like UIs or hardware adaptations19:05
Stskeepsso there's two levels of subscription19:05
Stskeepsright away, or after 48 hours if the first tiers didn't vote it down19:05
phaeronusing bugzilla for example you can count bugs against a certain pre-release19:06
phaeronor are you thinking more lightweight like vote count19:06
Stskeepsgenerally just to gain feedback before pressing the release button19:06
Stskeepsif a prerelease gives us a lot of red results, something is up19:06
*** sandroandrade has quit IRC19:07
Stskeepsand we need to dive into why it happens19:07
phaeronthen maybe a simple thumbs up / down page attached to a repo that keeps count ..19:08
*** berndhs_950 has quit IRC19:08
phaeronif we expect vendors to automate the release importing , then some script can report back "red" (failed test for example) to that page using some api19:10
phaeronand vendors should be automating things as we all know :D19:10
Stskeepsyeah19:11
*** pdanek has joined #mer19:12
*** sandroandrade has joined #mer19:12
Stskeepsthe idea is to make fakeobs more intelligent and configureable19:13
*** trbs has joined #mer19:16
*** harbaum has joined #mer19:17
berndhsyes and get a better name for it19:18
*** tarantism has joined #mer19:19
berndhsfakeobs provides a real service, it shouldn't have this degrading name :)19:20
smokuobs-git ?19:21
*** maour__ is now known as maour19:34
*** mlfoster has quit IRC19:35
*** mlfoster has joined #mer19:37
*** harbaum has quit IRC19:42
*** paulsherwood has quit IRC19:48
*** phaeron has quit IRC19:49
Stskeepsberndhs: mer delivery system19:50
*** mdavey has quit IRC19:53
berndhsyes that sounds better20:01
*** gabrbedd has joined #mer20:08
*** maour has quit IRC20:25
*** maour_ has joined #mer20:25
*** phaeron has joined #mer20:25
*** raignarok has quit IRC20:27
*** antoniojasr has quit IRC20:29
*** tarantism has quit IRC20:30
smokuhow do I resolve?20:34
smokuhave choice for pkgconfig(egl): mesa-libEGL-devel pvr-omap4-libEGL-devel, have choice for pkgconfig(glesv1_cm): mesa-libGLESv1-devel pvr-omap4-libGLESv1-devel20:34
StskeepsPrefer:20:36
Stskeepsand keep hardware adaptations and UI seperate for your own sanity's sake20:36
Stskeepsyou should only build against the mesa GLES/EGL headers anyway20:36
smokuI build against Mer:fake:Core:armv7l/Core_armv7l + Project:KDE:Mer_Extras/Mer_Extras_armv7l20:38
smokuI didn't expect Mer_Extras to bring conflicts20:38
*** arc_mat|tp has joined #mer20:39
*** raignarok has joined #mer20:41
*** mdavey has joined #mer20:42
*** lynxis has joined #mer20:44
smokuStskeeps: are you sure "Prefer:" is valid?  I can't find it in documentation20:45
smokualso spectacle does not like it20:45
smokuthere is BuildConflicts: though20:47
smokui will try that20:47
smokunope :/20:50
Sagesmoku: you need to have that prefer in project conf20:51
Sagesmoku: it is not spectacle/rpm/spec thing20:51
Sageosc meta prjconf project20:51
smokuoh20:51
smokuthx20:52
Sagenp20:53
*** phaeron has quit IRC20:57
*** lynxis has quit IRC20:58
*** notmart has quit IRC21:02
*** lizardo has quit IRC21:09
*** leinir has quit IRC21:13
*** niqt has joined #mer21:14
*** djszapi has joined #mer21:16
*** djszapi has left #mer21:17
*** tilgovi has joined #mer21:24
*** tilgovi has joined #mer21:24
*** gabrbedd has quit IRC21:33
*** arc_mat|tp has quit IRC21:39
*** arc_mat|tp has joined #mer21:44
*** lynxis has joined #mer21:47
*** M4rtinK has joined #mer21:48
*** phaeron has joined #mer21:50
*** gabrbedd has joined #mer21:50
*** trbs has quit IRC21:56
*** KaziKluBey has quit IRC21:57
*** lbt_lenovo has joined #mer21:58
*** maour_ is now known as maour21:59
*** pdanek has left #mer22:14
*** sge has quit IRC22:15
*** sge has joined #mer22:17
*** dijenerate has quit IRC22:17
*** dijenerate has joined #mer22:21
*** lynxis has quit IRC22:25
*** sandroandrade has quit IRC22:28
*** lynxis has joined #mer22:33
*** mlfoster has quit IRC22:36
*** zumbi has joined #mer22:39
*** lynxis has quit IRC22:43
*** gabrbedd has quit IRC22:49
*** mlfoster has joined #mer22:50
*** rdqfdx has quit IRC22:51
vgradelbt, cobs down for me atm22:57
lbtlooking22:58
*** phaeron has quit IRC22:59
*** raignarok has quit IRC22:59
vgradeok, have a status page now, but very slow, looks very busy23:01
*** mingwandroid has joined #mer23:02
*** gabrbedd has joined #mer23:02
vgradeworkers maxed since 16:0023:02
mingwandroidhey23:03
vgradeevening23:05
lbtyeah - looks like we "just" have a big queue - I guess rzr is doing a build23:05
vgradelbt, ok, thanks,23:06
*** arc_mat|tp has quit IRC23:08
mingwandroidvgrade: I tried to boot my vega with where I left off (PA running), but it didn't play ball.. not sure what's going on there.23:09
lbtvgrade: https://build.pub.meego.com/project/monitor?project=home%3Arzr%3Aharmattan23:10
vgradelbt, yikes23:11
lbtand those are non cross- builds .. so *sloooow*23:12
vgradelbt, looking forward to the new infra23:13
lbtit's not going to be as powerful as c.obs ... probably not by a long way - but it's more dedicated to Mer/Nemo23:14
vgradewhat have we got so far?23:14
vgradefor Mer/Nemo OBS23:15
lbt3x  4core 24Gb machines23:15
*** wicket64 has joined #mer23:15
lbtvs 16x 16 core 64Gb machines in c.obs23:15
lbtwell, that includes wiki/bz etc too - but we have to run them on the 3x23:16
vgradethe hetzner ones23:16
lbtyes23:16
lbtI need to mail stefan too23:16
vgradebut cobs was not fully utilised23:18
lbtno23:19
vgradewell not until these harmatten builds :)23:19
lbtit goes through spikes23:19
lbtas you'd expect23:19
lbtI'm being asked "what do you need"23:19
lbtand it's hard to answer23:20
vgradedoes obs do any scheduling of small jobs vs bid harmatten style rebuilds23:20
vgradebig23:20
vgradelbt, from swerden23:20
lbtyes23:20
vgradewould EC2 help with the spikes?23:21
lbtnot easily23:23
lbtwe need nested virtualisation for that23:23
*** M4rtinK has quit IRC23:35
*** gabrbedd has quit IRC23:42
*** niqt has quit IRC23:44
*** vgrade has quit IRC23:48
*** vgrade has joined #mer23:51

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.9.2 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!