Thursday, 2012-08-09

*** FSCV has quit IRC00:01
*** Venemo has quit IRC00:07
*** himamura has joined #mer00:09
*** losinggeneration has quit IRC00:10
*** losinggeneration has joined #mer00:12
*** cristi has quit IRC00:17
*** trbs has quit IRC00:22
*** losinggeneration has quit IRC00:42
*** kimitake is now known as kimitake_idle00:42
*** losinggeneration has joined #mer00:42
*** Venemo has joined #mer00:44
*** clopez has quit IRC00:52
*** imunsie has joined #mer01:06
*** Venemo has quit IRC01:37
*** KaIRC has quit IRC01:52
*** slx has joined #mer01:55
*** swerden has quit IRC01:59
*** kimitake_idle is now known as kimitake02:16
*** springz has joined #mer02:18
*** shrikrishna has joined #mer02:26
*** shrikrishna has quit IRC02:37
*** shrikrishna has joined #mer02:49
*** springz has quit IRC03:08
*** the-gibson has quit IRC03:14
*** r-A has quit IRC03:20
*** r-A has joined #mer03:21
*** dcthang has joined #mer03:24
*** springz has joined #mer03:25
*** furikku has joined #mer03:40
*** shrikrishna has quit IRC03:41
*** mike7b4athome has quit IRC03:46
*** Dhraakellian has quit IRC03:59
*** Dhraakellian has joined #mer03:59
*** mike7b4athome has joined #mer04:01
*** Dhraakellian has quit IRC04:06
*** shrikrishna has joined #mer04:14
*** himamura has quit IRC04:25
*** himamura_ has joined #mer04:26
*** kallela has joined #mer04:34
*** the-gibson has joined #mer04:39
*** the-gibson has joined #mer04:39
*** curiosity has joined #mer04:40
*** sonach has joined #mer04:40
curiosityGood morning everybody!04:40
*** springz has quit IRC04:45
*** himamura has joined #mer04:47
*** himamura_ has quit IRC04:47
Stskeepsmorn04:48
Paimenmorning04:49
dcthangmorning04:49
*** shrikrishna has quit IRC04:50
dm8tbrmoaning04:50
*** taziff1 has joined #mer04:53
*** the-gibson has quit IRC04:53
*** taziff2 has joined #mer04:54
*** the-gibson has joined #mer04:54
*** taziff has quit IRC04:55
curiositymorning to everybody04:55
*** taziff1 has quit IRC04:57
*** merder has joined #mer05:07
*** rdqfdx has joined #mer05:13
*** shrikrishna has joined #mer05:17
*** tilgovi_ has quit IRC05:36
*** jukkaeklund has joined #mer05:38
*** Sviox has joined #mer05:40
*** taziff2 has quit IRC05:42
*** taziff has joined #mer05:42
*** shrikrishna has quit IRC05:42
*** taziff1 has joined #mer05:43
*** taziff has quit IRC05:46
*** npm has quit IRC05:48
*** mikhas has joined #mer06:00
Stskeepshttp://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fi&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kauppalehti.fi%2F5%2Fi%2Fporssi%2Ftiedotteet%2Fporssitiedote.jsp%3Fid%3D20120809000706:06
StskeepsDIGIA HAS SIGNED purchase agreement to acquire Qt software technology and BUSINESS from Nokia06:07
Paimenkind of curve ball06:09
Stskeepswell, at least it's no longer under the control of somebody who puts shit on fire06:09
Paimenyes, well I like people in Digia, but I'm bit bitter how they handled Kuopio office06:10
Paimenat least in light of this event06:10
*** pohly has joined #mer06:11
Stskeeps:nod:06:13
Stskeepsthere's never anything pretty about office closures06:13
Stskeepsi wonder if this includes the nokia offices in US too06:14
*** dcthang has quit IRC06:14
*** dcthang has joined #mer06:14
goyaNokia still existss?06:14
Paimenfrom elburg tweet: Great to have all the talents from Berlin, Sunnyvale(?) and Oslo onboard :)06:14
goyaim way out of the loop. still use my N90006:14
*** Ionakka has joined #mer06:14
Paimenso it is not sure about US06:14
StskeepsPaimen: :nod:06:14
Stskeepsjust good that it didn't go down with the ship..06:15
Paimenyes we live in exiting times indeed06:15
Stskeepshttp://85.76.240.177/digia/qt/press_release.html06:15
*** Hoolxi has joined #mer06:16
BostikI'm somewhat bitter on behalf of how they handled Lappeenranta office, and by their corporate culture where blame-shifting has been an important factor06:19
Stskeepsisn't it the usual cabal of big consultant houses, cybercom, tieto, digia, etc?06:20
jukkaeklundfacts of life, seem to be06:20
Bostikat least tieto doesn't seem to shift blame - they simply refuse to accept any06:20
PaimenBostik: :P06:22
Stskeepswell, good, now we can trust qt5 release comes out06:22
Bostika silver lining in the [mushroom] cloud06:23
PaimenBostik: always look on the bright side of life06:24
*** mikhas has quit IRC06:24
Paimenmushroom clouds are pretty and then you die06:24
BostikPaimen: I do, it's this side06:24
*** alexey_ has joined #mer06:25
Ionakka<Bostik> at least tieto doesn't seem to shift blame - they simply refuse to accept any   <--- quite funky taken into account their public track record06:27
* Stskeeps glances at libhybris06:28
dm8tbrIonakka: which are mainly driven by their operation in the public sector mine fields06:28
StskeepsBostik: i can't help but wonder if android gles drivers could technically perf better on top of glibc..06:29
BostikStskeeps: they probably would, since bionic is effectively lifted from NetBSD, and [e]glibc use some pretty hairy optimisations which *BSD avoids in name of portability and brevity06:30
Ionakkadm8tbr: mine fields?06:30
StskeepsBostik: :NOD:06:30
Stskeepser, :nod:06:30
dm8tbrIonakka: public-private business relations - esp. in IT - seem to be a recipe for bad press all around the world06:31
BostikIonakka: e-recipe, the most recent train ticketing system fiasco (the travelers still get fallout from that), etc.06:31
dm8tbrwasn't that accenture though?06:31
*** himamura_ has joined #mer06:32
SvioxHow do I get an account for the bugzilla?06:32
StskeepsSviox: http://bugs.merproject.org front page06:32
Bostikhum, was it really?06:32
dm8tbrI thought VR software was accidenture06:32
Stskeepsyeah, accenture06:32
*** shrikrishna has joined #mer06:32
PaimenBostik: you are both right06:32
Paimenit was tieto + accenture06:32
dm8tbrtieto supplied some hardware, nothing more06:33
Paimentieto handled server end with HW06:33
Ionakka<dm8tbr> Ionakka: public-private business relations - esp. in IT - seem to be a recipe for bad press all around the world   <--- quite true06:33
Bostikright, I stand corrected06:33
*** merder has quit IRC06:33
dm8tbrbtw: hardly anyone knows that tieto actually is quite active in embedded devices, and we don't screw up spectacularly there. (yes they employ me)06:34
jukkaeklunddm8tbr, indeed and same goes for many other companies06:34
dm8tbryup06:34
*** himamura has quit IRC06:35
_av500_Stskeeps: just get the Linaro memcpy and it will run 100% faster06:35
_av500_I saw it on youtube...06:35
Stskeeps_av500_: the 30fps vs 60fps fiasco?06:35
_av500_fiasco? pr win....06:35
Stskeepshehe06:35
*** M13 has joined #mer06:36
dm8tbrlast one on the topic: http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux%2Fkernel%2Fgit%2Ftorvalds%2Flinux.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=author&s=tieto.com makes me happy for one of my job titles is 'OSS evangelist'06:37
Stskeeps:nod:06:39
Bostiknow that's healthy06:39
Bostikthat was not sarcasm06:39
Stskeepsheh, and complete stall at 06-17 of linux..06:40
Stskeepser, of nokia06:40
Bostikdm8tbr: a friend as a PM at tieto, who does well; he once quipped that he wants absolutely nothing to do with the bank-infrastructure projects because they are infernally strict06:41
Bostikand so far the only major bank-related IT disaster I know about was Sampo06:41
dm8tbrBostik: makes me happy I never met anyone of those. I'm a happy camper in our 'Product Engineering Solutions' as PM and OSS evangelist06:41
Bostikheh06:42
*** gabriel9|work has joined #mer06:49
StskeepsNOTE: I've temporarily made the build checker on gerrit queue requests as we need to let the builder settle down for an upgrade06:51
*** jukkaeklund has quit IRC06:53
*** sonach has quit IRC06:53
*** mikhas has joined #mer06:54
*** jonwil has quit IRC06:55
*** vilpan has joined #mer06:58
*** Pauli has joined #mer07:01
PauliGood morning07:01
Stskeepsgood morning pauli07:02
Figurenice digia bought rest of qt07:02
*** gabriel9 has joined #mer07:02
PauliI found couple issues with systemd.07:03
mjahopefully android isn't digia's sole focus07:04
Figurenjaa I doupt that it is..07:04
Figureat least I see huge potential with mer + qt507:04
Figureqtquick 2 is creat07:04
Figuregreat07:04
Figureeven with lowend devices like rasperry pi07:05
*** gabriel9|work has quit IRC07:05
*** rodrigo_golive has quit IRC07:05
mjathe commercial value in mer+qt is limited currently. fingers crossed they don't overlook it07:05
PauliStskeeps : I did add some comments in nemo bug 172.07:05
StskeepsPauli: thanks, looking07:06
Figuremja: true.07:06
Stskeepsthey say embedded, so i'm not worried07:06
Figureyeah and qt is used more and more also in cars07:07
*** scenezeta has joined #mer07:07
*** harbaum has joined #mer07:08
*** rodrigo_golive has joined #mer07:09
*** mikhas has quit IRC07:11
dcthangI hope digia will not make Qt commercial :P07:16
*** imunsie has quit IRC07:17
Paimenwell they cannot07:18
Svioxwhere are the source codes for the package manager in nemo?07:19
Figureand why would they? they already sell the lisences07:19
*** situ has joined #mer07:19
StskeepsSviox: https://gitorious.org/meego-developer-edition-for-n900/mg-package-manager/07:20
*** sonach has joined #mer07:20
*** springz has joined #mer07:21
Svioxoh.. so it's not maintained by nemo and it's bugs are not in nemo's bugzilla?07:21
dcthangok, let'see.  I hope Qt gets much better when Digia drives it07:21
*** npm has joined #mer07:23
StskeepsSviox: historical07:23
*** stefan_schmidt_w has joined #mer07:23
Svioxjust wondering because it looks horrible (no offence) and I have some years of experience from pacakge management UIs07:24
StskeepsSviox: :nod: it might need a refresh with proper components07:25
*** shrikrishna has quit IRC07:26
Svioxtoo bad no bugs on that at Nemo's bug list (which I'm supposed to be looking at :))07:30
Stskeepsinitiative is good too07:30
Stskeeps:P07:30
Stskeepsgenerally the rule in mer and nemo is: if you see something missing, file a task, or something broken, file a bug07:30
Stskeepsand it gets caught in triage07:30
Stskeepsif it's a bad direction07:30
Svioxwhat's a triage?07:31
Stskeepsit's a weekly meeting - bug triage, https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Bug_Lifecycle#Triage07:31
*** scenezeta has quit IRC07:34
*** situ has quit IRC07:36
*** lamikr has joined #mer07:38
*** calvaris has joined #mer07:39
*** lakaila has joined #mer07:45
lbtmorning all07:46
lakailagood morning folks07:46
Sagemorning all07:46
Paimenmorning07:46
Sagelbt: new spectacle worked?07:46
Sageerr...07:47
Sagenew kickstarter07:47
lbtSage: I'm using git:kickstarter-0.16~1.tar.bz2:67b4414137aadb37101b9006f96e685421bb606007:48
lbtin my _src07:48
lbt"Ignore empty url vars entries"07:48
lbtneeded the var_dict hack but then it's been cool07:49
lbtmuch simplified the sdk config07:49
lbtbut of course, now I can't build SDK due to Python-M2Crypto conflict :/07:49
Sagevar_dict hack?07:50
Sage\o/ mpc finally rebuilt, hopefully pcre gets soon done as  well.07:51
SageStskeeps: These rebuild checks take a bit longer than I expected07:51
lbthttps://gist.github.com/330213407:52
lbtyou fixed it slightly differently07:52
StskeepsSage: yess07:52
*** harha has joined #mer07:55
*** mrudulpen has joined #mer07:55
Sagelbt: well. We don't want to crash if a) user enters empty line like " -   " or b) " - a  "07:56
Sagethis checking empty and isinstance( dict)07:56
lbtsure - although I think the 'correct' style is exception handling07:56
lbtI just was showing the hack I used to get past that commit point :)07:57
lbtStskeeps: FYI I need to schedule some infra tlc time soon07:58
Stskeepslbt: ok07:58
*** mrudulpen has quit IRC08:00
lakailai have question about vim packaging: is it ok to add 500 paches to upgrade to the latest version? at least osc co was quite slow already with 177 patches.08:02
Stskeepslakaila: do they have a full tarball by chance?08:02
lakailaStskeeps: i didn't see such thing yet, but it's possible i think08:03
Bostikis it okay to create a massive patch with interdiff and apply only that? (would it be advisable, even?)08:04
lakailabut if vim doesn't get recompiled or checked out too often, then maybe it's ok to have all 629 separate patches08:05
Stskeepslakaila: if there's a full tarball that'd be preferred08:05
Stskeeps629 seperate patches is way beyond sane08:05
lakailai need to check out interdiff, that's new to me08:06
lakailawould it be ok to just create the tarball from upstream or would it cause troubles for later updates?08:07
*** norayr has joined #mer08:08
* Stskeeps looks08:08
* Stskeeps twitches08:08
Stskeepsi think interdiff is OK in this case.08:10
lakailaStskeeps: cool, i'll go trying that08:11
Stskeepsbecause that releasing method is just batshit insane08:11
*** sledges has joined #mer08:12
*** GeorgeH has quit IRC08:12
lbtwhat?08:12
Stskeepslbt: vim has 7.3 + 629 patches08:13
lbtmake a git tree, import the patches, release from that08:13
Stskeepsor that08:13
Bostikaye, that would be clean...08:13
lbtgit-pkg will do that for you08:13
lbtif I released it08:13
sledgesgood morning, finally back :)08:13
Bostik(incidentally, I do that myself)08:13
alteregoStskeeps: PowerVR Device not found\n Fatal server error: PVR2D_Init() failed08:13
Stskeepsalterego: what are you breaking again..08:14
lbtBostik: ah... sanity is good08:14
StskeepsSage: did you submit your fixes?08:14
alteregoI didn't touch it I swear!08:14
lbtlakaila: do you have that on c.obs?08:14
lbtas a 500 patch monster?08:14
alteregoStskeeps: worked when rebooted :/08:15
alteregoIf it happens again I'll do a full log.08:15
lbtStskeeps: i think this justifies ejecting vim from core and replacing it with emacs - we could probably use it instead of busybox too08:15
SageStskeeps: what fixes? :)08:15
lakailalbt: not yet, there already is 177 which made me to ask this08:15
StskeepsSage: the ones for mer-next08:16
Stskeepsinto nemo08:16
SageI have the systemd still to be done was about to do it yesterday but forgot08:17
lbtSWIG/_evp.i:12: Error: Unable to find 'openssl/opensslconf-arm.h'08:17
lbton -next08:17
Sagelbt: isn't that existing bug filename seems familiar08:18
lbtI thought it was fixed tbh08:18
*** notmart has joined #mer08:18
*** notmart has joined #mer08:18
*** pironato is now known as stepiro08:26
*** beford has quit IRC08:27
*** phaeron has quit IRC08:28
lakailaby interdiff do you mean combinediff? or did i missunderstood? squash all patches to one08:29
*** harha has quit IRC08:29
Stskeepsyes, to one08:30
Sagelbt: tagged 0.16 kickstarter08:33
lbtok08:33
*** yunta has joined #mer08:37
*** himamura_ has quit IRC08:41
Stskeepshttp://www.digia.com/en/Blogs/Qt-blog/Tuukka-Turunen/Dates/2012/8/Digia-extends-commitment-to-acquire-Qt-from-Nokia/08:42
Bostik"Oops! Seems like something went wrong here..."08:43
Stskeepstheir site is a bit overloaded08:44
Bostikyeah, but that error message feels a bit ironic given the context08:44
Jucatohttp://www.digia.com/en/Home/Company/News/Digia-to-acquire-Qt-from-Nokia/ (it's randomly up and down)08:46
lakailainteresting!08:47
Stskeepsgood news, anyway08:47
Stskeepsthe qt-blog one08:47
PaimenI have always liked Tuukka08:47
Paimenand if he is driving Qt R&D it is good news08:48
stefan_schmidt_wWow: "a maximum of 125 Qt people from Nokia will transfer to Digia, "08:49
stefan_schmidt_w125 is all you need for qt08:49
Stskeepshow many work on EFL?08:49
Stskeepsout of curiousity08:49
stefan_schmidt_wStskeeps: hard to tell08:50
stefan_schmidt_wStskeeps: you mean the libs only, no apps, right?08:50
Stskeepsyeah08:50
stefan_schmidt_wFor Samsung I would estimate 20-30. Hard to tell, don't have hard numbers.08:51
Stskeepsok08:51
stefan_schmidt_wBut I always got the impression that Nokia and former Trolltech had >300 engineers working on qt08:51
stefan_schmidt_wOr even more08:51
Stskeepswell08:51
Stskeepshard to tell qt vs qt usage08:51
stefan_schmidt_wAm I wrong with that?08:52
stefan_schmidt_wsame for efl08:52
stefan_schmidt_wdon't count in all contractors and other companies08:52
Stskeeps:nod:08:52
Jucatostefan_schmidt_w: thiago said only the developer teams. and the press statement specifically mentions Oslo and Berlin only08:53
stefan_schmidt_wAnyway, the good thing is that at least its clear now where qt will be developed further08:53
stefan_schmidt_wJucato: Both together are only 125?08:53
stefan_schmidt_wJucato: I was thinking Oslo being big. Berlin not that much.08:54
stefan_schmidt_wAnyway, I never had much to do with qt. Only know people that worked on it for Nokia and Trolltech.08:54
Jucatoyeah, according to him.08:54
stefan_schmidt_wThe number just stand out to be to small to me in the statement08:55
stefan_schmidt_wJucato: interesting08:55
stefan_schmidt_wAustralia got closed down?08:55
lpotteryes08:55
BostikBerlin was what, ~40 guys?08:55
Stskeepsyeah, brisbane office got shut down. hopefully good companies will grab the talents08:55
stefan_schmidt_wlpotter: ah, first hand experience I see. :( Still in australia?08:55
lpotterall the mobile Qt development was in brissie08:56
lpotteryes. kinda tied down here now08:56
stefan_schmidt_wlpotter: ok :/08:56
*** situ has joined #mer08:56
*** himamura has joined #mer08:56
Stskeepslpotter: just out of curiousity, what do you define as mobile?08:58
stefan_schmidt_wStskeeps: qtmobility?08:58
Jucatoand the ones that started there (QtMultimedia, QtLocation, etc.)08:58
lpotterdeclarative mainly, sensors09:00
*** tg has joined #mer09:01
*** norayr has quit IRC09:03
*** situ has quit IRC09:03
*** mdfe_ has joined #mer09:04
*** situ has joined #mer09:04
*** situ_ has joined #mer09:06
*** situ has quit IRC09:06
*** situ_ has quit IRC09:06
*** situ_ has joined #mer09:07
*** chouchoune_nas has quit IRC09:07
*** juriikon has joined #mer09:12
*** situ_ has quit IRC09:12
*** alexey_ has quit IRC09:12
*** Attie has joined #mer09:14
*** Hoolxi has quit IRC09:17
*** asdfafew has joined #mer09:20
*** jukkaeklund has joined #mer09:22
*** wubudubudubudu has quit IRC09:22
*** juriikon has quit IRC09:27
*** sonach has left #mer09:28
*** harha has joined #mer09:30
*** Pauli has quit IRC09:32
*** M4rtinK has joined #mer09:33
*** Hoolxi has joined #mer09:34
*** phaeron has joined #mer09:39
*** ScriptRipper has quit IRC09:45
*** ScriptRipper has joined #mer09:49
*** alexxy[home] is now known as alexxy09:53
lbtrepomd-pattern-builder.py seems broken wrt --groupsxml09:54
lbtit produces <patterns> and xsl/comps.xsl doesn't transform it :(09:55
*** sasikala has joined #mer09:57
*** himamura has quit IRC09:58
*** himamura_ has joined #mer09:58
Stskeepshello sasikala :)10:00
SageStskeeps: http://review.merproject.org/#change,74910:00
sasikalaStskeeps :  Hello10:00
*** clopez has joined #mer10:00
sasikalai have sent a request for bugzilla account creation10:01
SageStskeeps: tested on n950 that systemd thing and it works so no kernel dependency increase in there ;)10:01
Stskeepssasikala: welcome to #mer :) if you have any questions on Mer or on how to contribute, feel free to ask at any time10:01
*** norayr has joined #mer10:01
sasikalaThanks. I have done the functional testing in my experience for N9. So, can i know is there anything that i can contribute now?10:03
sasikalaAlso, i haven't received any mail regarding the bugzilla creation10:04
Stskeepssasikala: checked spam folder as a start?10:05
sasikalaSorry not getting you :-)10:05
curiositysasikala: nice to meet testing people!10:06
Stskeepsif you checked the spam folder of your email account for the mail :)10:06
sasikalaYep...No spam :-)10:06
Stskeepsok, can you mention the first four letters of the email you registered with? we'll check logs10:07
sasikalasasi10:07
Stskeepsk10:08
Jucatoout of curiosity, has anyone ported Mer to the N810? (if that's possible at all)10:09
Stskeepsjucato, http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptation/N8x010:10
JucatoStskeeps: thanks!10:10
Jucato(been gone so long, so out of touch with what's happening :)10:11
*** pohly has quit IRC10:11
*** VDVsx has joined #mer10:12
lbtpython-urlgrabber needs python-M2Crypto, mic needs python-m2crypto, Core provides m2crypto ...10:13
lbtoh joy10:13
iekkulbt, :)10:13
*** situ has joined #mer10:14
sasikalaCuriosity : Thanks...feeling the same :-)10:14
lbtand Core is the 'broken' one - and of course takes a week to fix10:14
lbtand that's if I drop everything and start fixing it now10:14
lbt;(10:14
iekkulbt, uh oh :/10:15
iekkulbt, can someone help you?10:15
lbtwell, the 'right' solution is to fix Core10:16
*** ScriptRipper has quit IRC10:16
lbtand then require the -next release for the next SDK10:17
lbtbut it becomes a dependency chain - lets see what core kicks up10:17
Sagelbt: python-m2crypto seems the proper name to me10:17
lbtSage: I agree - although suses uses python-M2Crypto for PyPy compatibility - so I accepted that10:18
*** andre__ has joined #mer10:20
*** andre__ has quit IRC10:20
*** andre__ has joined #mer10:20
lbtSage: line 8  https://build.pub.meego.com/package/view_file?file=python-M2Crypto.changes&package=python-M2Crypto&project=Mer%3ATools%3ATesting&rev=c3073e8285cdcc71896c7ae81e8ff32f10:20
SageI don't like caps in package names :)10:20
lbtnot a huge fan but have bigger worries :)10:21
lbtalso I can't just push that up to core since it won't build for arm due to openssl arm bug10:21
lbtaaargh10:21
lbtphaeron: could you help out here or are you loaded?10:23
StskeepsSage: i'm not merging a new systemd release this release10:23
lbtphew10:24
SageStskeeps: ok10:24
Stskeepsi'd like to get it out on this side of christmas10:24
*** VDVsx has quit IRC10:24
lbtStskeeps: how come https://build.pub.meego.com/package/show?package=python-M2Crypto&project=Mer%3ATools%3ATesting fails for arm on openssl .h issue?10:25
lbthttps://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=19110:25
SageStskeeps: well it isn't a bit update but fairenough.10:25
lbtactually - how come no-one else is hitting openssl issues with it?10:26
Stskeepsnobody is using the headers i guess10:26
*** VDVsx has joined #mer10:26
lbtkinda surprising?10:27
Stskeepsnot really. i think the openssl license issue has messed up a lot of things10:27
*** pohly has joined #mer10:30
*** jukkaeklund has quit IRC10:30
*** himamura has joined #mer10:30
lbtok - in Core I'll add a Provides/Obsoletes forpython-m2crypto and python-M2Crypto to  m2crypto... then when we rename it we'll do it the other way round10:30
*** ScriptRipper has joined #mer10:30
*** himamura has quit IRC10:30
phaeronlbt: sorry wasn't looking here , was swearing at spectacle10:31
* lbt is thinking we should drop spectacle and insist on certain markup in Mer .spec files10:32
lbtor at least drop the yaml10:32
*** himamura_ has quit IRC10:33
Stskeepsgit-pkg, versions first, then we can look at spectacle10:33
Stskeeps:P10:33
lbtyeah10:33
Sagehttps://build.pub.meego.com/project/packages?project=CE%3AUtils <- is there something that should be pushed to Mer?10:34
SageI'm pondering of pushing those to ce:mw:shared and ce:apps projects and removing ce:utils10:34
lbtsome feel more like Tools10:34
Sagetrue, but we don't have tools repo in nemo atm. by default10:35
lbtiotop, screen for sure10:35
lbtwant to ?10:35
lbtit is becoming saner ... slowly10:35
lbtand it is at least releases now10:35
*** lizardo has joined #mer10:36
SageI think that would be good to have mer tools in nemo by default10:36
Sagece:mw:shared: fuse, libutempter, utfs.10:37
Sagece:apps: lynx, mad-developer, mesa-demos, glew10:38
Sagemer:tools: iotop, screen, wget10:38
Sagesounds sane?10:38
lbtutfs is in Tools atm - broken though due to no fuse10:38
*** drussell has joined #mer10:38
lbtI could see sshfs and hence fuse being tools too10:38
lbttbh I see Tools as a mix of CE:apps and CE:shared10:39
*** dcthang has quit IRC10:39
lbtfor things that are unlikely to go on shipped devices10:39
lbtI see CE:shared and CE:apps for non-core stuff that goes on device10:40
lbt(and that is used by multiple vendors)10:40
SageCE:Apps contains all the UX apps as well in the future10:40
lbtyes10:40
StskeepsSage: i wonder a bit why qemu-usermode isn't getting evaluated..10:43
SageStskeeps: I though you didn't kick it :)10:44
Stskeepsi thought i did10:44
*** situ has quit IRC10:44
Sagewell I didn't see anything happening so I though you didn't :)10:45
phaerondo we sill need madde ?10:46
Stskeepsyess.. well10:46
Stskeepsthe story isn't clear.10:46
Stskeepswhy?10:46
phaeronlbt: fixed for opensuse 12.1 .. checking others10:46
phaeronStskeeps: I recall Aard said it breaks things if you use it10:47
lbtphaeron: ty10:47
AardI said what?10:47
phaeronAard: madde breaks stuff10:47
Aardah, yes10:48
Stskeepsin which sense?10:48
Aardand I had a look at it, and decided throwing it away, and doing stuff it does from scratch is probably the best idea10:48
AardStskeeps: it changes uid/gid of /home/nemo10:48
Stskeepswell, you aren't exactly joe regular developer, though10:48
AardStskeeps: don't get me wrong, I want some developer mode thingy, but I don't thing madde is a sane base for doing that10:49
Stskeepsbut yes, /home/nemo changing is screwed10:49
StskeepsAard: better ideas how we support windows and mac welcome10:49
Stskeepsand yes, i agree, some parts are utterly screwed in it10:49
AardStskeeps: not sure yet. it's all a bit fuzzy, when I looked at it it was with the main goal to fix the uid changing, but then I started drinking10:50
Stskeeps:nod:10:52
phaeronlbt: so this mic won't run on opensuse 11.4 anymore11:00
phaeronlbt: it's marked to require python-zypp 0.5.9.1 and in opensuse 11.4 only python-zypp 0.5.9 is there :)11:00
*** VDVsx has quit IRC11:05
*** springz has quit IRC11:08
*** VDVsx has joined #mer11:11
*** KaIRC has joined #mer11:14
*** fk_lx has joined #mer11:16
*** rsadhu has joined #mer11:17
rsadhubest source code merging tool in ubuntu(linux), Suggestions please?11:17
*** M13 has quit IRC11:17
*** chouchoune_nas has joined #mer11:18
Paimenrsadhu: I use meld11:18
rsadhuthanks , other than that .11:19
phaeronlbt: or we can just kludge it11:21
rsadhubasically i want to apply some patch on source code11:21
lbtphaeron: sounds good to me11:22
phaeronlbt: this zypp version is specified by you ? or by upstream ?11:23
lbtrsadhu: emacs and ediff11:23
lbtupstream11:23
phaeronlbt: where , can't find the upstream spec11:23
phaeronfound11:24
lbt:)11:24
rsadhuok11:24
phaeronlbt: http://gitweb.merproject.org/gitweb?p=mer-tools/mic.git;a=blob;f=distfiles/mic.spec;h=b2be4c130ca5b085b6f8283748899432797a1c6b;hb=839ee65f58db5b9445fec0b343dea6ce3ee6f44e#l5611:24
phaeronreaahhly11:24
*** Jucato_ has joined #mer11:24
*** Jucato has quit IRC11:24
*** Jucato_ is now known as Jucato11:25
lbtphaeron: almost certainly "whatever built" and not "api introduced by"11:25
*** trbs has joined #mer11:26
phaeronlbt: was looking for some sane reason like "api" or fix , but apparently just random11:26
phaeronlatest version in 12.1 is 0.5.10-2.6.111:27
*** drussell has quit IRC11:28
phaeronlbt: can spectacle do if macros like that ?11:28
lbtno11:28
phaerongrr11:28
phaeronso first it breaks the files section and now it can't do that11:28
lbtyeah - this is where it loses big time11:28
lbtit's designed for a single distro11:28
phaeronlbt: apparently tizen is also randomly copying from upstreams :D11:29
phaeronlbt: ok if we want to share the mic package between mer tools and mint we need to drop spectacle11:30
lbtwell, kinda11:31
lbtgit-pkg supports discrete packaging for Tools and MINT11:31
lbtso I can carry on using it :)11:31
phaeronok I'll fix for opensuse in mint and you can do that11:31
lbtand MINT can have git-managed spec for it11:32
lbtyeah - so you don't need to worry about Tools11:32
lbtbut we share a common git tree for code and patches11:32
*** drussell has joined #mer11:36
* lbt tries to remember how many levels deep he was down the rabbithole11:37
lbtgoing back is the hardest part11:38
phaeronlbt: what did you ask for help with11:38
lbtI need to resolve the mess around m2crypto11:39
lbtI sent a patch to core to provide python-{M2C,m2c}rypto11:39
lbtI'm adding a Prefer: python-M2Crypto to Tools11:40
lbtI'm removing m2crypto from the SDK ks11:40
lbtI need to have it build against arm with ssl11:40
w00tlbt: ooi, have you looked into gbs?11:41
phaeronw00t: yes we did , not useful11:41
w00tlol, that bad? :)11:42
phaeronlet's just say  ... never mind11:42
*** calvaris has quit IRC11:44
*** sivang has joined #mer11:48
sivangre all11:48
*** VDVsx has quit IRC11:50
*** jingzhe has joined #mer11:50
*** dashavoo has joined #mer11:51
Stskeepshello jingzhe, dashavoo11:51
dashavoohello11:52
dashavoo:)11:52
Stskeepsdashavoo: welcome to #mer :) if you have any questions on Mer or on how to contribute, feel free to ask at any time11:52
jingzhehello, everybody11:52
jingzhesure11:52
Stskeepsand to jingzhe too11:52
dashavooThanks - I'll probably lurk a lot and not really chime in, but nice to know questions are welcome if I've got them11:54
Stskeepssure, lurking is fine too :)11:54
lakailaare git commit messages or changelog texts being processed for "Fixes MER#nnn" or something11:54
lbtyes11:55
* sivang is going to put a summerized page on wiki for creating latest image and running in KVM.11:55
lakailaok, what's the exact syntax?11:55
sivangI'm looking for the 3rd time for instructions how to run KVM from kvm's docs to enable net, hda etc11:55
sivangbetter put it on the wiki11:55
lbtsivang: OK - treat it as a hardware adapation11:56
sivang(I couldn't find anything simialr, but if someone knows please let me know)11:56
sivanglbt: right, as I'm gonna "teach" it the nemomobile way11:56
lbtI use libvirt but may be able to help11:56
* dm8tbr uses virt-manager, which uses libvirt11:57
sivanglbt: well, the bare bones version will enable anybody to use it without RedHat's libvirt but maybe is wiser to walk through the libvirt way?11:57
sivangperhaps it is not abvailable anywhere?11:57
dm8tbrfor me it was as simple as drop the image in location, assign it to a machine, start11:57
lbtyeah libvirt is widely available and reasonably sane11:57
sivangokay, just as I was forced to use WebStorm for NodeJS dev in dayjob, I'll try to follow the easier way :)11:58
StskeepsREMINDER: Mer QA meeting in 3 minutes ( phaeron is chairing?)11:58
* sivang pokes ubuntu11:58
dm8tbrubuntu has virt-manager11:58
sivangI'll be on and off intermittently due to lack of time and doing 1B things in the middle, but I'll try to follow11:58
sivang(day job, that is)11:58
lbthttps://gist.github.com/330360811:59
sivanglbt: cool, thanks, but I can probably also create one through the UI if it exists already?12:00
lbtyeah12:01
sivanglbt, dm8tbr : what's the name of the product by RedHat btw? I want to install the top level pkg in Ubuntu12:01
sivangvirt?12:01
sivangkvm-virt?12:01
lbtlibvirt12:01
sivanglbt: but that's just the interface, they are supposed to have a UX today no?12:01
sivanglike the API12:01
dm8tbrsivang: virt-manager12:02
dm8tbrjust like I already said12:02
sivangdm8tbr: ah okay :) did not apt-cache search that, thanks!12:02
dm8tbrI've ran earlier nemo vm images with it in kvm mode12:03
dm8tbrtotally painless12:03
Stskeepsphaeron: i'll start the meeting then12:03
sivangdm8tbr: what is KVM mode? what are other modes that are available? (I just used kvm from the command line o'school to run the images that Stskeeps created ever since Mer revived ;))12:03
dm8tbrqemu12:03
sivangso qemu as non hardware depedant hypervisor and kvm as is?12:04
dm8tbrthat's the two I'm aware of12:04
dm8tbrI'd recommend to read libvirt and virtual-manager webpages12:04
sivangerr, sorry - kvm is with a kernel module and qemu I think used to not require it.12:04
dm8tbrthey have very detailed documentation12:04
sivangdm8tbr: will do, thanks.12:04
dm8tbryou can run qemu-kvm or qemu AFAICT12:05
*** andre__ has quit IRC12:05
dm8tbrbtw: the cli command of libvirt is 'virsh'12:05
lbtand the /etc config is /etc/libvirt12:06
lbtjust for consistency12:06
dm8tbralso you can use virsh and virt-manager in parallel. they don't interfere12:07
curiosityStskeeps: how to join meeting?12:08
Stskeepscuriosity: /join #mer-meeting12:08
ae139Stskeeps: webgl translator for windows version of ff/chrome  http://code.google.com/p/angleproject/12:09
Stskeepsthanks12:09
*** drussell has quit IRC12:16
*** rsadhu has quit IRC12:16
*** andre__ has joined #mer12:17
*** vgradetab has joined #mer12:20
*** sasikala has quit IRC12:20
*** gabrbedd has joined #mer12:27
*** jstaniek has joined #mer12:32
*** rsadhu has joined #mer12:33
*** vgradetab has quit IRC12:33
*** sivang has quit IRC12:41
*** jluisn has joined #mer12:42
*** otep has quit IRC12:44
*** drussell has joined #mer12:45
*** nsuffys has joined #mer12:50
*** VDVsx has joined #mer12:51
*** pirut has joined #mer12:52
*** otep has joined #mer12:55
curiosityStskeeps: you mentioned virtual image in meeting12:55
Stskeepsyes12:55
Stskeepsfor non-SSSE3 devices12:55
curiosityStskeeps: possible to get one?12:55
Stskeepshttp://releases.merproject.org/~carsten/nemo-handset-i586-vm-0.20120614.1.NEMO.2012-08-05.2-sda.raw.bz212:56
curiositythanks!12:56
Stskeepsbunzip2, install virtualbox, VBoxManage convertfromraw file.raw file.vdi --format vdi12:56
Stskeepsand add as first virtual harddisk in a virtual machine according to nemo instructiosn12:56
dm8tbrbut it says 586? isn't that SSSE3? I thought the naming convention was 486 for non-ssse313:02
curiosityi48613:02
Stskeepsdm8tbr: ignore that13:03
curiosityin a meeting13:03
Stskeepsit's just bad naming from my side13:03
curiosityok13:03
Stskeepsit's -actually- i48613:03
curiosityjep13:03
dm8tbrah :)13:03
*** fk_lx has left #mer13:06
*** alexey_ has joined #mer13:11
*** joppuyo has joined #mer13:14
lbtholy crap an SDK image \o/13:17
* lbt ships it and goes for brandy13:18
Stskeepsyay brandy13:19
*** X-Fade has quit IRC13:19
*** X-Fade has joined #mer13:19
*** FSCV has joined #mer13:22
*** merder has joined #mer13:22
bigbluehatthis is the year of the OS ;) http://afaikblog.wordpress.com/2012/08/07/gnome-os/13:23
Stskeepsyeah..13:23
Stskeepsthey should just base on Mer13:23
Stskeeps:P13:23
*** juriikon has joined #mer13:28
*** mrudulpen has joined #mer13:29
* VDVsx is still waiting for emacsOS :P13:29
Stskeepsi'm sure that Aard would be making it when he can13:30
*** mdfe_ has quit IRC13:30
AardStskeeps: I had a nice devel-environment sitting on top of meego, but now with mer I'd have to maintain more packages than I can right now13:30
*** mdfe_ has joined #mer13:32
*** nsuffys has quit IRC13:38
*** chouchoune_nas has quit IRC13:41
*** chouchoune_nas has joined #mer13:44
*** mdfe_ has quit IRC13:44
*** jonwil has joined #mer13:46
*** jukkaeklund has joined #mer13:47
*** alexey_ has quit IRC13:47
*** mdfe_ has joined #mer13:48
*** merder has quit IRC13:51
*** fk_lx has joined #mer13:57
*** merder has joined #mer13:58
*** jukkaeklund_ has joined #mer14:04
*** beford has joined #mer14:05
*** jukkaeklund has quit IRC14:08
*** mrudulpen has quit IRC14:09
*** stefan_schmidt_w has quit IRC14:09
*** jukkaeklund_ has quit IRC14:11
*** Openfree has joined #mer14:11
*** fk_lx has left #mer14:14
*** DocScrutinizer has quit IRC14:15
*** DocScrutinizer has joined #mer14:15
*** DocScrutinizer05 has quit IRC14:15
*** DocScrutinizer05 has joined #mer14:15
*** stefan_schmidt_w has joined #mer14:19
*** blauzahl has quit IRC14:21
*** juriikon has quit IRC14:23
*** jukkaeklund has joined #mer14:29
*** jukkaeklund has quit IRC14:29
*** rsadhu has quit IRC14:36
*** jonwil has quit IRC14:43
*** mrudulpen has joined #mer14:45
*** mrudulpen has quit IRC14:47
*** situ has joined #mer14:50
Stskeepswb situ14:50
situHi, what's up ?14:50
situSaw the good news today.14:51
Stskeepsnot much.. waiting for my obs to go to a halt so we can do upgrades14:51
Stskeepslbt: where did we have a obs with proper packages?14:51
lbtyou mean Devel ?14:52
*** mrudulpen has joined #mer14:52
*** gabriel9 has quit IRC14:53
Stskeepsyeah14:53
Stskeepsi need ones with phaeron's patches14:53
lbtOK, the one in Mer:OBS:Testing:Devel is based on a branch called mer-pending14:54
*** Kiranos has left #mer14:55
Stskeepsok, and how would i ideally switch to those?14:55
lbtso you're not thinking of putting them into production are you?14:56
lbthttps://github.com/Merproject/open-build-service/tree/mer-pending14:56
lbtfyi14:56
Stskeepsi am, because of mer CI being only place we can truly do this on and get copyprj into use14:56
lbtto get them into production they should really be tested, then promoted to master, tagged and released14:56
lbtso if we assume that "they install" is enough, I tested them :)14:57
*** mrudulpen has quit IRC14:57
lbttagged 'em 2.3.1-mer314:57
*** rsadhu has joined #mer14:57
Stskeepsk14:57
Stskeepsand a release repo ideally?14:58
*** calvaris has joined #mer14:58
lbtyep, give me a min14:59
*** rettichschnidi has quit IRC15:00
*** crevetor has joined #mer15:02
crevetorHello15:02
Stskeepsheya15:03
lbtStskeeps: SR545515:07
*** rettichschnidi has joined #mer15:08
* Stskeeps reviews15:09
Stskeepslbt: looks OK15:09
*** situ has quit IRC15:09
Stskeepsi assume i need to do something with rake or something to upgrade15:09
lbtno, approve that - wait 2min for a build and I make a release15:10
lbtthen zypper up15:10
*** situ has joined #mer15:10
Stskeepsi don't have rights to approve that15:10
lbt*mutter(15:10
Stskeepsyou know, don't let the architect nearby the important things, the dilbert principle, etc15:10
Stskeeps(The Dilbert principle refers to a 1990s satirical observation by Dilbert cartoonist Scott Adams stating that companies tend to systematically promote their least-competent employees to management (generally middle management), in order to limit the amount of damage they are capable of doing.)15:11
* lbt has the mug15:11
crevetorMight be of interest to some of you, I finally got around to cleaning the Mer Touchpad kernel repo, https://gitorious.org/mertp/kernel-clean15:11
lbtand I'm now convinced you sometimes run a bot when you should be working15:12
lbttum-te-tum15:13
Stskeepscrevetor: cool, i'm using a hp tenderloin android kernel atm15:14
crevetorNext up : creating a clean mer image for the touchpad15:14
crevetorStskeeps: is it a 2.6.35 ?15:15
Stskeepsyes i think so15:15
Stskeepsi intentionally went for gingerbread15:15
*** situ has quit IRC15:15
Stskeepsbut of course it's a vastly different environment15:15
Stskeepsfbcon isn't working properly, etc15:15
lbtStskeeps: OK, release done15:15
*** himamura has joined #mer15:15
Stskeepslbt: URL?15:16
lbthttp://repo.pub.meego.com/releases/Mer-OBS/15:16
lbtah, need to do Mer-OBS.repo manually15:16
crevetorStskeeps: this kernel works pretty decently. It has some issues that need fixing (e.g. in the boot sequence it "sleeps" for like 10/20 seconds for no apparent reason)15:17
crevetorbut fbcon works15:17
Stskeeps:nod:15:17
*** harbaum has quit IRC15:17
*** stefan_schmidt_w has quit IRC15:17
*** stefan_schmidt_w has joined #mer15:17
Stskeepsmy longer term goal is doing a bit of hybrid mer + wayland with android kernel + wakelocks usage thing15:17
*** Hoolxi has quit IRC15:18
Stskeepsand android gpu drivers/etc15:18
lbtphaeron: ^^ done a new OBS release FWIW15:18
lbtFYI even15:18
phaeronyes15:18
*** shrikrishna has joined #mer15:19
Stskeepslbt: thank you15:20
crevetorI think once I have a clean mer image for the touchpad I'll try out freedreno15:21
lbtStskeeps: should be straightforward - phaeron may need to comment on rake15:21
Stskeepsphaeron: rake comment?15:21
phaerontry it15:21
phaeronbut backup db first15:21
lbtI am worried about migration support for us phaeron15:21
Stskeepshow do you backup db?15:22
Stskeeps:P15:22
* Stskeeps ducks15:22
* lbt grins and wanders off15:22
* phaeron headdesk15:22
Stskeepsmysqldump?15:22
phaeronStskeeps: yes15:22
Stskeepsk15:22
phaeronI hope you have proper backups :)15:22
Stskeepswe have git >:15:23
*** stefan_schmidt_w has quit IRC15:23
*** mrudulpen has joined #mer15:25
*** fk_lx has joined #mer15:26
*** calvaris has quit IRC15:28
*** calvaris has joined #mer15:28
*** rsadhu has quit IRC15:36
crevetorStskeeps: where can I find the exact gcc flags used when obs builds armv7hl binaries ?15:38
*** jluisn has quit IRC15:39
*** jluisn has joined #mer15:39
Stskeepscrevetor: practically it's -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=vfpv3-d16 -march=armv7-a15:42
*** situ has joined #mer15:42
Stskeepswith no thumb15:42
crevetorok15:42
mrudulpenStskeeps: is it possible to see information about this submit https://build.pub.meego.com/request/show/394915:43
Stskeepsmrudulpen: looks like it was already accepted long ago15:44
Stskeepsor superseded rather15:44
Stskeepswith https://build.pub.meego.com/request/show/395915:44
mrudulpenStskeeps: ok15:47
crevetorStskeeps: is there a reason why we don't use mfpu=neon ?15:48
mrudulpenStskeeps: ok figured out :)15:48
*** pirut has quit IRC15:49
Stskeepscrevetor: yes, tegra2 for example15:49
Stskeepsvfpv3-d16 is also the baseline for commonly agreed armhf, too15:49
Stskeepsin practice most NEON routines are activated with AUXV checks anyway15:50
crevetorStskeeps: ok, what are AUXV checks ?15:51
Stskeepshttp://articles.manugarg.com/aboutelfauxiliaryvectors.html15:52
crevetorthanks15:55
*** rodrigo_golive has quit IRC15:55
*** rodrigo_golive has joined #mer15:55
*** Openfree has quit IRC15:58
*** NIN101 has joined #mer16:01
*** Rajesh has joined #mer16:02
*** lamikr_ has joined #mer16:02
*** Rajesh is now known as Guest3807016:02
*** lamikr has quit IRC16:04
*** pohly has quit IRC16:05
*** Ionakka has quit IRC16:23
*** gimli has joined #mer16:24
*** rsadhu has joined #mer16:28
*** vilpan has quit IRC16:30
*** Oipo has joined #mer16:35
Stskeepsgood evening Oipo16:37
OipoHello.16:37
*** mdfe_ has quit IRC16:43
curiosityhello16:49
curiosityand good evening16:52
*** blauzahl has joined #mer16:55
*** CosmoHill has joined #mer17:04
*** calvaris has quit IRC17:05
*** totte has joined #mer17:07
*** CosmoHill is now known as Cosmo|Bike17:07
zzatsI'm a bit confused when it comes to mer image building with mic17:12
zzatsI'm following the creation for beginners guide strictly, using mer-core-i586.ks17:13
zzatswhen creating the rootfs image, I'm meeting an error 'please specify a workable bootstrap env'17:14
Stskeepsuse the platform sdk instructions instead17:15
Stskeepsand give me that url17:15
*** curiosity has quit IRC17:15
Stskeepsso we can weed out bad docs17:15
phaeronlbt: https://build.pub.meego.com/request/show/546217:15
mrudulpendoes anyone know if there is seperate application like sms app that captures notification about calls or is it the notifications in systemui that takes care of it?17:16
zzatshttps://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Image_Creation_For_Beginners -- this doc seemed the most platform specific :)17:16
Stskeepsmrudulpen: better question for #nemomobile :)17:16
Stskeepszzats: Platform_SDK is better17:16
mrudulpenStskeeps: ok17:16
*** situ has quit IRC17:21
*** situ has joined #mer17:22
*** situ has quit IRC17:23
*** curiosity has joined #mer17:23
curiosityand welcome back17:23
*** Guest38070 has quit IRC17:24
*** Attie has quit IRC17:30
*** AstroAK has joined #mer17:30
zzatsif i want to build a package for several archs, should i perform the repository declaration in the obs project xml?17:31
*** shrikrishna has quit IRC17:35
*** shrikrishna has joined #mer17:35
*** lamikr_ has quit IRC17:38
*** lamikr has joined #mer17:38
Stskeepsyes, project meta17:46
*** Eismann has quit IRC17:49
*** Eismann has joined #mer17:50
zzatsrrroger.17:51
lbtphaeron: when the files rename there is no diff :(17:51
* phaeron wut can I do17:52
Stskeepszzats: see topic17:52
lbtphaeron: just wondering why is the version number in the filename?17:53
phaeronwhich filename ...17:53
phaeronlbt: changes file ?17:53
lbtimager.changes has been deleted?17:54
phaeronhmm .. replaced by the debian changes :/17:54
lbtimg_0.63.3-2_source.changes is new, replaces img_0.63.3-1_source.changes17:55
phaeronyes and the .changes file disappeared17:55
phaerondamn17:55
lbtsame for build17:55
lbtOK - so is it a bad SR?17:55
phaeronthose are debian files17:55
lbtnp :)17:55
lbtjust looked odd17:56
*** fk_lx has quit IRC18:01
phaeronlbt: 546418:01
*** shrikrishna has quit IRC18:03
*** gimli has quit IRC18:03
*** shrikrishna has joined #mer18:04
*** AstroAK has quit IRC18:05
*** situ has joined #mer18:06
lbtphaeron: ok18:13
lbtfood first18:13
*** himamura has quit IRC18:16
*** phaeron has quit IRC18:16
*** rubdos has joined #mer18:23
*** pohly has joined #mer18:27
*** fk_lx has joined #mer18:29
*** kallela has quit IRC18:31
*** Cosmo|Bike is now known as CosmoHill18:33
*** Eismann has quit IRC18:36
*** Eismann has joined #mer18:36
curiosityGood night to everybody!18:40
CosmoHillbye bye18:41
*** curiosity has quit IRC18:42
*** tilgovi has joined #mer18:46
*** pdz- is now known as pdz18:48
*** tilgovi_ has joined #mer18:51
*** notmart has quit IRC18:51
*** tilgovi has quit IRC18:52
*** rsadhu has quit IRC18:54
*** tilgovi_ has quit IRC18:55
*** pohly has quit IRC18:58
* Stskeeps takes down ci fe19:03
*** sivang has joined #mer19:06
sivangre all19:06
Stskeepslbt: wb19:07
Stskeepser,19:07
Stskeepswb sivang19:07
sivanghey Stskeeps :)19:07
lbtphew, I wondered where I'd gone19:07
sivanglbt: lol19:07
sivanggot my n950 here, going to finally burn an image to the device (/me keen to check mer#https://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=379 )19:08
Stskeepslbt: http://pastie.org/444133019:10
*** khetzal has joined #mer19:10
*** mrudulpen has quit IRC19:11
Stskeepsdo we, fwiw, test upgrade path?19:11
*** rsadhu has joined #mer19:11
*** taziff has joined #mer19:12
lbtno, my process just tests installs..... at the moment19:13
Stskeepsk19:13
*** taziff2 has joined #mer19:14
Stskeepsi can't find AddPackageColumnToFlagsTable in the patch at least19:14
lbtthat actually doesn't make sense19:14
lbtthe whole migrate thing should be automatic - but need to check with islam19:14
*** taziff1 has quit IRC19:14
lbtno islam ...19:15
Stskeepsyeah, i think he's sleeping19:15
Stskeepswhich is ok19:16
*** taziff has quit IRC19:17
*** taziff has joined #mer19:20
lbtno but... there is an AddFlagsPackageColumn in a file called src/api/db/migrate/20120722192000_add_package_column_to_flags_table.rb19:22
Stskeepsyeah19:22
Stskeepsthat's what was a bit awkawad19:22
Stskeepsawkward19:22
lbtgoogling rake migration19:23
*** taziff2 has quit IRC19:23
lbtor even rails19:23
lbt". The name of the migration class (CamelCased version) should match the latter part of the file name. "19:24
lbthttp://guides.rubyonrails.org/migrations.html19:24
lbttsk tsk19:25
lbt"if you do feel the need to change the file name then you have to update the name of the class inside or Rails will complain about a missing class."19:25
Stskeeps..19:25
lbtOK .. so should be easy to fix19:25
lbtmake the class AddPackageColumnToFlagsTable19:26
Stskeepsi've taken backups fwiw19:26
Stskeeps:P19:26
lbtthankyou for playing, have a nice day :D19:26
sivanglol19:26
lbtStskeeps: migrations are sane+safe (well in python/django they are) so rerun is usually OK19:27
*** clopez has quit IRC19:28
Stskeeps:noD:19:28
lbtoops... on meego fe ... no wonder the migration isn't there19:28
Stskeepshmm?19:29
lbtI was just logging in to keep an eye on my poor servers19:30
Stskeepsok, that worked19:30
lbtgood19:30
lbtI'll fix git19:30
* sivang -> bbl19:33
lbtStskeeps: yell if there's anything else19:33
* Stskeeps tries to hide the mushroom cloud behind him19:33
*** clopez has joined #mer19:33
lbt"lalalalalala"19:35
*** beford has quit IRC19:46
Stskeepslbt: (yell) http://pastie.org/444406619:49
*** merder has quit IRC19:49
*** jotik has quit IRC19:49
Stskeepsbasically shows when logging in as user on webui19:50
*** rsadhu has quit IRC19:52
*** phaeron has joined #mer19:54
Stskeepsevening phaeron19:54
* Stskeeps tries to hide the mushroom cloud behind him19:54
phaeronwhat happened! :D19:55
phaeronsomething was nuked?19:55
Stskeepsphaeron: well, first off, there's a tiny error in the migrate script, http://mer.bfst.de/logs/%23mer/%23mer.2012-08-09.log.html#t2012-08-09T19:10:15 - easily fixable though19:56
Stskeepssecond might be my fault, but if you have any hints:19:56
*** VDVsx has quit IRC19:57
Stskeepshttp://pastie.org/444406619:57
Stskeepsthat'd be cool19:57
phaeronweird error19:58
phaeronhmm I though I matched the migration name ..19:58
Stskeepsyeah, it comes from http://fe-vlan10.in.merproject.org/source/home:Admin/_meta19:58
lbtphaeron: fixed in git now fyi19:59
phaeronlbt: thanks19:59
phaeronI wasn't sleeping I was eating then going  home19:59
phaeronStskeeps: that's api , right ?19:59
Stskeepsyes19:59
phaeronhmm works here20:00
Stskeepsi've done migrate on both api and webui20:00
*** rubdos has quit IRC20:03
Stskeepsphaeron: feel free to log into fe and see logs for yourself, too20:03
phaeroncan you  "describe flags;" in mysqladmin on apidb20:03
Stskeepsyes, can do20:03
phaeronok need to figure out ssh hoops too :D20:03
Stskeepshttp://pastie.org/444493820:05
phaeronthe migration doesn't seem to be applied20:05
phaeronthere is no "package" column20:05
phaeronor field20:05
*** fk_lx has quit IRC20:05
Stskeepshttp://pastie.org/444502620:06
*** jotik has joined #mer20:07
phaeronStskeeps: rake db:migrate VERSION=2012072219200020:08
* Sage ponders what happened here http://pastie.org/444526420:09
Stskeepshttp://pastie.org/444530920:09
StskeepsSage: the xorg signal 6 error?20:09
Stskeepsah, 1120:10
phaeronStskeeps: ok describe again ?20:10
phaeronnew column ?20:10
Stskeepshttp://pastie.org/444541320:11
phaeronhmm it thinks it was applied already I guess20:11
* Sage kicks mer wiki20:11
Stskeepsphaeron: change timestamp of migrate file, hope for best..?20:12
Sageany change we could move wiki to another host that isn't so occupied? :)20:12
phaeronStskeeps: hmm that's  one way :) but maybe try RAILS_ENV="production" rake db:migrate:redo VERSION=2012072219200020:13
*** NIN101 has quit IRC20:14
phaeronit could error but hopefully will apply20:14
Stskeepsphaeron: http://pastie.org/444564720:14
phaerondamn :)20:15
Stskeepsany other tables it should touch?20:15
phaeronStskeeps: no20:15
Stskeepsok20:15
phaeronStskeeps: try down instead of redo20:15
Stskeepshttp://pastie.org/444566120:17
* phaeron runs out of keyworkds20:18
phaeronI'll try to ssh in20:18
Stskeepswjk20:19
Stskeepsk20:19
SageJan 01 02:00:35 localhost modprobe[197]: ERROR: could not insert 'omaplfb': Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)20:24
Sagewtf20:24
phaeronlbt: ssh from zathras ?20:25
lbt?20:25
phaeronhow to get to fe20:25
lbtyes20:25
StskeepsSage: what device is that..20:25
Sagen95020:27
Sagemanually loaded and it is ok20:27
Sagehmmp... racecondition20:27
Sagemaybe20:27
Stskeepsphaeron: zathras, ssh fe20:28
phaeronyes in already20:28
Stskeepsok20:28
* Stskeeps takes hands off keyboard then20:28
lbtthere's a migrations table iirc20:28
lbtdelete the key from that20:29
lbtthen rerun migrate20:29
lbtI've had to futz migrations in the past20:29
phaeronlbt: I already checked and the migration is not recorded there20:30
phaeronthat one I mean20:30
lbtodd20:30
Sageah, ti-omap3-sgx should have After=systemd-remount-fs.service20:32
phaeronfixed20:32
phaeronlbt: self.up and self.down20:33
phaeronStskeeps: try now20:33
lbt?20:33
Stskeepsphaeron: much better20:33
phaeronlbt: in the migration file def up should be def self.up20:33
Stskeepswhat went wrong?20:33
lbtah20:34
phaeronand def down should be self.down20:34
lbtgotcha20:34
Stskeepsok20:34
Stskeepsphaeron: thank you20:34
Stskeepsi was getting worried i'd have to pull a http://dilbert.com/fast/2012-08-03/20:34
phaeronwelcome20:34
phaeron;D20:34
phaeronactiver records things takes the DRY principle a bit further :D20:35
phaerondefining objects and their methods / attributes from the db schema20:36
*** clopez has quit IRC20:36
*** Sviox has quit IRC20:42
*** furikku has quit IRC20:45
* phaeron thinks it's a bit odd to pour unboiled water for tea20:54
sivangphaeron: not if you want to cool it off a bit :)20:56
phaeron:D20:57
sivangphaeron: I seriously do it all the time, as I like tea very much and the troublesome hectic work culture in where I am does not allow me to wait for it to cool off ;)20:59
*** lizardo has quit IRC20:59
phaeronwell in my case I didn't pour boiling water first , I just forgot to boil it21:00
sivangphaeron: ah, that happens to me as well :-p21:00
phaeronsivang: what work culture doesn't allow 5 minutes timeout21:00
* phaeron has been spoiled I guess21:01
sivangphaeron: well, no just normal. I'll tell you in private ;)21:01
*** Oipo has quit IRC21:04
phaeronlbt: my request still not handled ?21:05
phaeronlots of requests are pending btw21:05
*** shrikrishna has quit IRC21:05
*** fk_lx has joined #mer21:07
lbtif it's a minor build fix then why is img_0.63.3.orig.tar.gz/src/img_web/templates/app/ops.html changing?21:08
* phaeron looks21:08
lbtalso LDAP21:08
lbtUSE_SEARCH21:09
phaeronseems some piled up bugfixes got pushed as well21:09
lbtwant to note them in the .changes?21:09
sivanghmm, mic create seems to ignore CTRL-C21:09
sivangintentional?21:09
sivangI just decided that a reubild calls for the freshest .ks file21:09
lbtsivang I tend to use "kill kvm running mic" whilst yelling "die you f*cker"21:10
lbtWFM21:10
sivangLOL21:10
sivanglbt: does it detach from the terminal are just bypassing ?21:10
sivang(e.g. from control, as it still outpus)21:10
lbtI think so - it also may be due to use of sudo21:11
lbtso user signal sent to process which is now root21:11
sivangyes21:11
lbtI suspect that mostly21:11
phaeronI think it is better not to die immediately and leave stale loop mounts and stuff21:12
sivangthat is the reason, I just confirmed, sudo'd thingo spawns it so the child does not have control21:12
sivangphaeron: agreed, but a graceful process might be better for those with lack of time on their hands ;)21:12
phaeronah well mic is "special"21:12
phaeronit works in mysterious ways21:12
sivangyes, I've realized that already21:15
* sivang killed parent process and rebuilds21:15
lbtdecline 546421:16
* phaeron throws a fit21:17
phaeronlbt: anything else beside the version number ?21:18
lbtyou asked for a review :)21:18
lbt"imager changelog doesn't mention LDAP changes or a couple of other bugfixes; pykickstart looks good; mic looks good"21:18
phaeronok21:18
* phaeron breaks out the usb disk21:18
* lbt goes back to event notifier21:20
*** clopez has joined #mer21:23
* Sage ponders if we should drop /proc /sys /dev/* from /etc/fstab21:24
sivangphaeron: would that be proper to create an image for the n950? mic -d create fs nemo.ks -o . --pkgmgr=yum --arch armv7hl --compress-disk-image=tar.bz221:25
* lbt understands why Sage enjoys rejecting SRs - oh, the power!21:25
lbtsorry nm :)21:25
* lbt also is guilty of rejecting for undocumented reasons :/21:25
phaeronsivang: looks ok21:26
sivanglbt: lol, aboslute power corrupts you :)21:26
sivangphaeron: k, thanks21:26
sivangphaeron: I'd be able to dd straight from the .gz then21:26
phaeronit's a circle , he rejects my request so I reject his21:26
lbtsivang: I have a long way to go befor reaching Sage's level of depravity and cackling....21:26
sivang(though piping with tar -gz)21:26
sivanghah21:26
phaeronsivang: not dd , tar -xzf21:27
sivangphaeron: ah, right wops21:27
*** jluisn has quit IRC21:27
Sagelbt: ? :)21:27
sivangright, so network is slow, going to rest a bit , be back later.21:27
sivanghmm, but before-21:29
sivanghttp://pastebin.com/q6WQjpHA is the 'can't get's normal with the freshest .ks file and SDK that has been zypper ref; zypper update 'd ?21:29
sivangit goes on, and I guess it finished download as it is installing now.21:29
phaeronsivang: it's only about keys21:34
* sivang teaches the eyes21:35
*** Ian--- has joined #mer21:35
*** khetzal has quit IRC21:36
*** Eismann has quit IRC21:36
*** Eismann has joined #mer21:36
*** Ian-- has quit IRC21:37
*** jluisn has joined #mer21:37
*** jluisn has quit IRC21:38
sivangyay, image done21:39
phaeronlbt: https://build.pub.meego.com/package/rdiff?opackage=imager&oproject=Project%3AMINT%3ATesting&package=imager&project=home%3Aiamer%3Abranches%3AProject%3AMINT%3ATesting&rev=621:41
phaeronlbt: no SR , just diff to check first :)21:41
lbtah, clever - you renamed the tarball so I can't check the code ;)21:42
* sivang -> bbl21:42
lbtchangelog looks good though21:43
phaeronlbt: no I bumped the minor version so new tarball :)21:43
lbtyeah - that's a real problem wrt code review21:44
phaeronlbt: you can diff the tags in git if you have a checkout21:46
phaeronlbt: but it's the same code diff as before21:46
lbtI have no issue with this review per se - it's the process/mechanism I don't like21:46
*** rdqfdx has quit IRC21:47
phaerongit based code branch / clone reviews are better , but I am alone :D21:49
lbtno, you're not21:49
lbtI'm thinking we should do git reviews of code in gerrit/reviewboard and then reviews of the packaging/functionality in OBS - possibly linking from OBS -> reviewboard21:51
phaeronthat's what the std-process does already21:55
phaeronyes I am alone21:55
phaeronso SR ?21:55
lbtyep21:58
phaeronlbt: 547322:02
*** situ has quit IRC22:02
*** rettichs1hnidi has joined #mer22:03
*** rettichschnidi has quit IRC22:03
*** situ has joined #mer22:03
*** rodrigo_golive has quit IRC22:04
*** CosmoHill has quit IRC22:05
*** situ has quit IRC22:08
*** chouchoune has quit IRC22:12
*** chouchoune has joined #mer22:14
*** gabrbedd has quit IRC22:19
*** beford has joined #mer22:22
*** Aurium has joined #mer22:23
*** crevetor_ has joined #mer22:29
crevetor_Stskeeps: there ?22:29
*** M4rtinK has quit IRC22:38
*** M4rtinK has joined #mer22:42
*** crevetor_ has quit IRC22:44
*** jstaniek has quit IRC22:51
*** fk_lx has quit IRC22:57
*** lakaila has quit IRC23:04
*** tilgovi has joined #mer23:14
*** ScriptRipper has quit IRC23:28
*** ScriptRipper has joined #mer23:33
*** trbs has quit IRC23:37
*** phaeron has quit IRC23:39
*** tilgovi has quit IRC23:39
*** FSCV has quit IRC23:40
*** ScriptRipper has quit IRC23:46
*** imunsie has joined #mer23:50
*** ScriptRipper has joined #mer23:50
*** gabrbedd has joined #mer23:58
*** jonwil has joined #mer23:58

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.11.0 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!