Wednesday, 2012-07-25

*** himamura has joined #mer00:07
*** ZogG_laptop has quit IRC00:22
*** NIN101 has quit IRC00:34
*** FSCV has quit IRC00:38
*** arcean_ has quit IRC00:45
*** RhymeswA has joined #mer00:48
*** himamura has quit IRC00:49
*** M4rtinK has quit IRC00:49
*** himamura has joined #mer00:52
*** swer has quit IRC00:54
*** kimitake is now known as kimitake_idle00:55
*** swer has joined #mer01:14
*** tilgovi has joined #mer01:30
*** FSCV has joined #mer01:42
*** KaIRC has quit IRC01:44
*** FSCV has quit IRC01:50
*** FSCV has joined #mer01:59
*** dijenerate has joined #mer02:31
*** FSCV has quit IRC02:31
*** FSCV has joined #mer02:35
*** FSCV has quit IRC02:40
*** FSCV has joined #mer02:46
*** jonwil has joined #mer02:47
*** kimitake_idle is now known as kimitake02:49
*** blauzahl has quit IRC02:52
*** imunsie has joined #mer02:57
*** tsdedst has quit IRC03:01
*** shrikrishna has quit IRC03:15
*** tilgovi has quit IRC03:16
iekkumorning03:18
*** blauzahl has joined #mer03:33
*** blauzahl has quit IRC03:39
*** phinaliumz has joined #mer03:51
*** jluisn has quit IRC04:01
*** gimli_ has joined #mer04:15
*** furikku has joined #mer04:21
*** bef0rd has joined #mer04:28
*** harriv has quit IRC04:32
*** hhurtta has quit IRC04:32
*** moo-_- has quit IRC04:32
*** Sage_ has quit IRC04:33
*** clopez has joined #mer04:35
*** himamura has quit IRC04:39
*** himamura has joined #mer04:40
*** himamura has quit IRC04:40
*** himamura has joined #mer04:42
kyyberimoan04:48
*** sobczyk_ has joined #mer04:49
*** sobczyk has quit IRC04:49
Stskeepsmorn05:02
Stskeepstrip0: first now05:02
*** rdqfdx has joined #mer05:03
*** hhurtta has joined #mer05:11
*** harriv has joined #mer05:11
*** Sage has joined #mer05:11
*** jstaniek has joined #mer05:13
Stskeepsmorn sage05:13
*** moo-_- has joined #mer05:14
SageStskeeps: morning05:14
StskeepsSage: so where are we at by now?05:15
Stskeepsand what can i help with?05:15
*** pdanek has joined #mer05:15
SageStskeeps: can you get N900 log for me from the last .ks I put to pastie?05:15
*** pdanek has left #mer05:16
Stskeepsif you tell me what url it was..05:19
Stskeeps(sorry, pre-coffee)05:20
iekku:)05:20
Stskeeps[17:43] <Sage_> Stskeeps: http://pastie.org/4317340 next .ks to try05:21
Stskeeps ?05:21
Sageyes05:21
Stskeepsokidokey05:22
StskeepsSage: we should consider getting nfs booting back up..05:25
Sageyes05:25
*** clopez has quit IRC05:31
*** gimli_ has quit IRC05:34
StskeepsSage: http://releases.merproject.org/~carsten/minicom.n900.5.cap05:41
Sageo_005:43
Sagemtab issue there ...05:43
Stskeepsi don't see a mtab fix in .ks at least05:44
Stskeepsso i need to fix mtab?05:46
*** niqt has joined #mer05:56
niqtmorning05:57
Stskeepsmornn iqt05:59
*** rnovacek has joined #mer06:02
*** phaeron has joined #mer06:06
SageStskeeps: it is in packages already06:06
Sageor should be at lesat06:08
* Sage rechecks06:08
timophmorning06:09
*** Siosm has joined #mer06:11
Stskeepsmorn phaeron06:12
*** ravirdv has joined #mer06:16
phaeronStskeeps: morning06:18
*** krayon has joined #mer06:21
*** himamura has quit IRC06:27
*** himamura has joined #mer06:28
*** vilpan has joined #mer06:31
dm8tbrmoaning06:32
*** himamura has quit IRC06:49
*** himamura has joined #mer06:50
*** vgrade_ has quit IRC06:55
*** gabriel9|work has joined #mer06:57
*** dcthang has joined #mer07:01
*** bugzy has joined #mer07:05
*** kimitake is now known as kimitake_idle07:07
* Sage got tired and moves everything in systemd under /usr/07:09
Stskeepsheh07:09
Stskeepscan we please get stuff working first?07:09
Stskeeps:P07:09
* Sage is confused about the current problems07:15
Sageit has to be something on kernel level07:15
Sage/opt/cross/bin/armv7hl-meego-linux-gnueabi-ld: BFD (GNU Binutils) 2.22 assertion fail elf32-arm.c:1204907:16
Sagethis was "ok" ?07:16
Stskeepsyes07:17
*** ali1234 has joined #mer07:18
*** norayr has quit IRC07:19
*** norayr has joined #mer07:21
lbtmorning07:23
Stskeepsmorn lbt07:24
*** FSCV has quit IRC07:25
*** nibbler has joined #mer07:29
*** zeq has joined #mer07:30
*** rcg has joined #mer07:30
*** markQ has joined #mer07:37
Stskeepshello markQ07:38
StskeepsSage: so, what can i do to proceed?07:39
SageStskeeps: yet another image and log.07:41
Stskeepsok07:41
Stskeepsgimme?07:41
Sagesame .ks file should do no changes there07:41
*** stefan_schmidt_w has joined #mer07:42
Stskeepshm? how about mtab fix?07:42
rcgmorning guya07:43
rcg*guys07:43
SageStskeeps: fixed in packaging https://build.pub.meego.com/package/rdiff?linkrev=base&package=util-linux&project=home%3Asage%3Abranches%3AMer%3Afake%3ACore%3Aarmv7l&rev=1007:43
StskeepsSage: OK07:44
SageI'm not fully understanding why that is needed  but fedora does that as well07:44
*** imunsie has quit IRC07:46
*** gabriel9 has joined #mer07:46
*** springz has joined #mer07:46
*** gabriel9|work has quit IRC07:49
Sageboot.mount mount process exited, code=exited status=3207:50
* Sage ponders why is that07:50
SageStskeeps: what is in /etc/fstab on the device?07:51
Stskeepsthat was what i was going to ask07:51
Sage:)07:52
*** andre__ has joined #mer07:52
Sagehttp://pastie.org/432887107:53
Stskeepslooks fine, hmm07:53
*** tanuk2 has quit IRC07:54
*** cxl000 has joined #mer08:01
StskeepsSage: btw, are the images quite small?08:04
Stskeeps~1gb ish?08:04
*** Openfree` has quit IRC08:06
*** tanuk2 has joined #mer08:07
*** Openfree` has joined #mer08:09
E-Pmorning, visiting in a chocolate factory sale is good way to start a day08:12
iekkuE-P, panda?08:12
E-Piekku: yep08:13
iekkuE-P, my parents-in-law leaves anout 1km from it, wife doesn't let me to go there :x08:13
rcgmhmmmm... chocolate.. :)08:14
E-Piekku: I understand that very well...08:14
Paimenmmm liquorice08:14
Paimenmy grandparents lives near Panda aswell08:15
E-PI bought only one pack of candy08:15
iekku5 kg?08:15
E-Pnah, only half kilo of liquorice08:16
Paimen:908:17
Stskeeps<308:17
*** alien_ has joined #mer08:17
*** yunta has joined #mer08:18
Paimenso way to bribe Stskeeps is send him liquorice08:19
Stskeepsdamn straight, though my supplies are high atm08:19
Paimen:)08:20
*** Openfree` has quit IRC08:20
E-Pheh08:22
StskeepsSage: http://releases.merproject.org/~carsten/minicom.n900.6.cap08:23
*** notmart has joined #mer08:26
*** Openfree` has joined #mer08:29
E-Pis it possible to define kernel parameters in the .ks file? trying to make the vm image with static IP address08:45
Stskeepsshould be, in the bootloader 'append' thing08:45
*** Openfree` has quit IRC08:47
*** jstaniek_ has joined #mer08:47
E-PI try that, thanks08:48
E-Pmade some preliminary coverage table https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Quality/Test_coverage08:48
*** Openfree` has joined #mer08:48
*** merder has joined #mer08:50
*** jstaniek has quit IRC08:50
*** Attie has joined #mer08:51
SageStskeeps: can you try to comment out the /boot line from the fstab and see how it goes without that?08:53
StskeepsSage: ok08:54
*** lpotter-home has quit IRC08:55
*** lpotter-home has joined #mer08:57
*** Beineri_ has quit IRC08:57
*** Beineri_ has joined #mer08:58
dcthangmce module is not fixed right? :-)09:01
E-Pyunta: would like to present the OTS replacement in tomorrow's qa meeting?09:04
*** phaeron has quit IRC09:04
*** jstaniek_ is now known as jstaniek09:07
sledgesvgrade2, I'm aiming to go to to CELF's ELCE in Barcelona; now that I saw automotive summit is in Warwickshire, I'll try talking to my boss about it as well :)09:09
*** M4rtinK has joined #mer09:12
*** alien_ has quit IRC09:16
*** totte has joined #mer09:21
SageStskeeps: tested the fstab thing yet?09:25
*** trbs has joined #mer09:29
totteIf I want to test Mer/Nemo, is a Nokia N9 handset the best choice? I haven't been able to find the N9xx models for sale.09:30
*** alien_ has joined #mer09:30
Stskeepstotte, n9 is good but i09:31
Stskeepsneeds a warranty break message which is permanent09:31
*** jonwil_ has joined #mer09:33
mikhastotte, no used n900 on ebay or such?09:34
*** arcean has joined #mer09:34
mikhasthat's much cheaper than n909:34
totteWell, that's a shame. Are there any other options available though? I need a new phone and would like it if I was able to tinker with C++ and Qt on it.09:34
*** jonwil has quit IRC09:34
*** jonwil_ is now known as jonwil09:34
tottemikhas: Well, I guess... I'm not a fan of buying used handsets though. You know, for, uh, sanitary reasons. :)09:36
mikhassymbian phones do run Qt, no? *snicker*09:37
*** shadeslayer has quit IRC09:45
*** shadeslayer has joined #mer09:46
sledgesstill could find N9 (bidding is at £200 now, or buy it now: £~263 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNLOCKED-NEW-OEM-Nokia-N9-OEM-16GB-Black-Smartphone-Devices-Now-/280918634440?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item41680e2fc8#ht_8751wt_1076 )09:49
sledgestotte, ^09:50
*** norayr has quit IRC09:58
StskeepsSage: http://releases.merproject.org/~carsten/minicom.n900.7.cap10:19
Stskeepswhatthefuc10:19
Stskeepsl10:19
Stskeepsk10:20
yuntaE-P: sure, but keep in mind it's far from completion10:20
StskeepsE-P: we have a mirror of testdata.meego.com10:21
E-Pyunta: it would be mainly for getting an overview what you are planning to do10:23
yuntaok10:24
E-PStskeeps: is it somewhere where people can access?10:24
Stskeepshttp://testdata.meego.com/ is still up, too10:24
E-Pheh, good :)10:25
Stskeepsinsane amounts of test data there, fwiw10:26
SageStskeeps: ?10:26
StskeepsSage: look at dump10:27
Stskeepsit gets to console login10:28
Stskeepswhy doesn't /boot work? :o10:28
Stskeepslbt: where did we put the testdata mirror again, which phost?10:28
*** springz has quit IRC10:32
SageStskeeps: oh, so now you can connect to the device?10:33
Sagevia serial10:33
Stskeepsi can probably log in10:34
*** mike7b4 has quit IRC10:39
*** KaIRC has joined #mer10:39
*** lbt is now known as lbt_away10:46
lbt_awayStskeeps: popping out - will look later10:46
lbt_awayif that's on meego infra I can setup rsync10:47
SageStskeeps: let me know if login works10:47
Sagethat is definite improvement if the login works. Also check if usb networking works :)10:47
Stskeepslbt_away: ok10:48
Sleepy_Coderhttp://xibornol.audiogoshop.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=6333&offer_id=B005HA4W7K  hmm, wonder if its legit.10:48
*** springz has joined #mer10:50
StskeepsSage: i don't have a usb cable...10:51
Stskeeps:P10:51
Stskeepsor port10:51
*** andre__ has quit IRC10:51
StskeepsSage: OK, something is for sure wrong10:52
StskeepsSage: i can log in, but no modules loaded10:52
*** mike7b4 has joined #mer10:55
StskeepsSage: modprobe omaplfb returns '1'10:56
*** tanty has joined #mer10:56
*** phaeron has joined #mer10:57
Stskeepsin $?10:57
SageStskeeps: eh... I'll try myself :)10:59
Sagesoon11:00
Stskeepsyes11:00
Stskeepslooks like modprobe is totally screwed11:00
*** ZogG_laptop has joined #mer11:03
*** saay has joined #mer11:04
StskeepsSage: depmod -a does the right thing11:04
Stskeepsand now i can modprobe11:06
Stskeepswhat the heck is going on :)11:06
Sage...11:13
Sagehmmp11:14
*** ZogG_laptop has quit IRC11:15
*** jluisn has joined #mer11:18
*** dcthang has quit IRC11:24
*** ZogG_laptop has joined #mer11:27
*** mike7b4 has quit IRC11:28
*** tanty has quit IRC11:30
kyyberithis might be a stupid question, but how could I identify low hanging fruits from bug database? Ofc that's relative, what is low hanging fruit for some might be a 'blocker' for other.11:32
*** mdfe_ has joined #mer11:33
kyyberireason for question is to get list of easy tasks for new contributors11:33
kyyberiand avoid taking some ground shaking bug first11:34
*** niqt has quit IRC11:35
*** shrikrishna has joined #mer11:35
*** springz has quit IRC11:36
*** zeq has quit IRC11:38
*** himamura_ has joined #mer11:39
*** phaeron has quit IRC11:40
Stskeepswe've considered a keyword for this11:41
*** himamura has quit IRC11:42
kyyberiStskeeps: sounds like a good idea11:42
*** himamura_ has quit IRC11:42
*** louisdk has joined #mer11:47
*** mike7b4 has joined #mer11:50
*** Eismann has joined #mer11:51
*** phaeron has joined #mer11:52
*** ZogG_laptop has quit IRC11:55
*** norayr has joined #mer11:57
*** jluisn_ has joined #mer11:59
*** jluisn has quit IRC12:00
*** sroedal_ is now known as sroedal12:01
*** ZogG_laptop has joined #mer12:01
tottesledges: Sorry, was AFK, thanks for the link - will check it out. :)12:04
*** zeq has joined #mer12:04
E-PI am running nemo vm image in kvm + vnc, after the boot I just get black screen12:10
E-PI have tried in the qemu console sendkey ctrl-alt-f1 but nothing happens12:10
*** zeq has joined #mer12:11
chouchounehello12:11
Stskeepshey o/12:12
*** niqt has joined #mer12:13
*** alien_ has quit IRC12:13
chouchounehey Stskeeps , how are you ?12:13
Stskeepsi'm good12:13
chouchouneany decision on my perl packages ticket ? ;)12:13
chouchounehttps://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=34312:14
Stskeepsgive me package names and i'll handle them now12:15
Stskeepssource package, that is12:15
Sagedoes it really need all of those new deps?12:15
StskeepsSage: they split it up12:15
Stskeepslike libxcb was12:15
chouchouneSage: yes12:15
Sageah, ok12:16
chouchouneStskeeps: mmmhhh, isn't it what's written in the ticket ?12:16
chouchouneor what do you mean by "source package"12:17
Stskeepsthe names of the .spec files :)12:17
chouchouneok, that's it then12:17
*** mikhas has quit IRC12:17
chouchouneI've used the naming from other perl packages in Mer to wrote the comments12:18
Stskeepsok12:18
* Stskeeps loks12:18
Stskeepsperl-Digest-HMAC | perl-Encode-Locale | perl-File-Listing | perl-HTML-Parser | perl-HTTP-Cookies | perl-HTTP-Daemon | perl-HTTP-Date | perl-HTTP-Message | perl-HTTP-Negociate | perl-LWP-MediaTypes | perl-NTLM | perl-Net-HTTP | perl-URI | perl-WWW-RobotRules | perl-libwww-perl ?12:18
chouchouneDigest-HMAC and NTLM not needed12:20
chouchouneI've built them on COBS but they're not needed12:20
*** blaroche_ has joined #mer12:21
Stskeepsperl-HTTP-Negociate12:21
chouchouneperl-Encode-Locale perl-File-Listing perl-HTTP-Cookies perl-HTTP-Daemon12:21
chouchouneperl-HTTP-Date perl-HTTP-Message perl-HTTP-Negotiate perl-LWP-MediaTypes12:21
Stskeepsit's really called that?12:21
chouchouneperl-Net-HTTP12:21
chouchouneperl-WWW-RobotRules12:21
Stskeepsok, adding12:21
chouchouneStskeeps: HTTP-Negociate yes12:22
StskeepsNegotiate you mean12:22
StskeepsOK, added them to git12:23
Stskeepshave fun12:23
chouchouneStskeeps: I don't have a Negociate, I have a HTTP::Negociate12:24
Stskeepsmmkay12:24
SageStskeeps: depmod, modprobe, lsmod and rmmod works on x86 fine btw12:24
chouchounemmmhhh, that's what you said, actually ;)12:24
StskeepsSage: wtf12:24
chouchounesorry12:24
StskeepsSage: different way of generating depmod?12:24
chouchouneStskeeps: http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/GAAS/HTTP-Negotiate-6.01/Changes12:25
chouchoune"The HTTP::Negotiate module used to be bundled with the libwww-perl distribution."12:25
Stskeepsok12:25
Stskeepsanyway12:25
chouchounethat was also inside libwww-perl12:25
SageStskeeps: rpm -qf `which depmod`12:25
Stskeepsgit repos are up now12:25
Sageis it from kmod?12:25
chouchounethanks12:25
StskeepsSage: moment12:25
*** ZogG_laptop has quit IRC12:26
E-Phmm.. I have tried to use 'skipx' and removed the xconfig option in the ks file, but still getting black screen12:32
StskeepsE-P: show me .ks12:32
*** ZogG_laptop has joined #mer12:33
*** jonwil has quit IRC12:34
E-PStskeeps: http://pastie.org/432985512:34
*** jonwil has joined #mer12:34
rcghow to comment passages in .yaml files?12:34
StskeepsE-P: try to check .xsession-errors ?12:35
E-PI cannot access to the vm at all12:35
PaimenE-P: how about with ssh?12:36
rcgalright, # should do12:36
Paimenfor example add bridged network adapter12:36
*** NIN101 has joined #mer12:37
E-PPaimen: I wanted to test the ssh connection, but i cannot setup the  ip or the interface at the moment12:39
Paimenwell I just bridged it to use wlan and it got ip from DHCP12:40
E-Pok, have to try that next12:41
Paimenbecause I couldn't enter console either it shows nemo ux fine, but couldn't show console nor xterm12:41
*** louisdk has quit IRC12:43
E-PI am running the kvm in a server (virtual) and it doesn't support kvm extensions, might also cause some problems12:43
*** lizardo has joined #mer12:48
tanuk2Stskeeps: FYI, I got pulseaudio 2.1 packaged and running on N900.12:50
Stskeepstanuk2: congratulations :)12:51
Stskeepstanuk2: when do i buy you beer? :)12:51
*** niqt has quit IRC12:52
E-Pah, got the SSH to work. Just using kvm's -net user,hostfwd=tcp::5555-:22 parameter12:52
tanuk2Stskeeps: Heh, I don't know :) Are you coming to the Devaamo/Jolla event that is held in Tampere in a month or so?12:53
Stskeepstanuk2: doubt it, but maybe earlier12:53
jonwiltanuk2: which PA version are we using now?  Is 2.1 the latest PA version? And do the Nokia binary blobs still work with this new PA version?12:53
tanuk2Stskeeps: Only the IHF is working, though.12:53
tanuk2jonwil: No, they're not compatible.12:54
Stskeepstanuk2: yeah, figures12:54
tanuk2jonwil: And yes, 2.1 is the newest version.12:54
jonwilok12:54
jonwilso whats the point of doing this then if the nokia blobs are incompatible12:54
jonwilis the point to replace the nokia blobs with something open? To simply ignore the nokia blobs?12:54
Stskeepsjonwil: point is to see what challenges practically are12:55
Stskeepsother devices may need a higher PA, too12:55
tanuk2jonwil: I'd like to work towards a completely open solution.12:55
*** rcg has quit IRC12:57
jonwilI think the biggest problem with an open solution is that no-one outside of Nokia knows just what those blobs actually DO :P12:58
tanuk2jonwil: The closed bits are mostly signal processing algorithms. Echo cancellation and stuff. There are open source implementations.13:00
*** zeq has quit IRC13:00
jonwilthere is also speaker protection AFAIK13:00
tanuk2I don't know how good the open source algorithms are, though, but they should be better than nothing.13:01
jonwilthe real trick is knowing which algorithms are there so we know which implementations we need to plug in13:01
jonwilor is there enough information in the open bits of PA to figure that out?13:01
tanuk2Yes.13:01
tanuk2jonwil: The speaker protection stuff is harder, because at least I don't know what the algorithm exactly does.13:02
tanuk2My plan is to ignore the speaker protection for now.13:02
jonwilok, if there is enough information in the open bits to know what the closed bits are doing (at least in broad terms) that's great13:03
E-PStskeeps: http://pastie.org/4329990 , xsession-errors from the vm13:04
*** ZogG_laptop has quit IRC13:04
StskeepsE-P: hmmm13:04
Stskeepsphaeron: ?13:04
phaeronStskeeps: ?13:04
Stskeepsphaeron: if you saw that kind of problem before13:04
E-Pphaeron: what kvm parameters are you using?13:05
phaeronwrong opengl installed ? you need the llvm one13:05
phaeronE-P: nothing special13:05
Sagetanuk2: \o/13:05
jonwilits great to see pulseaudio being replaced :)13:06
E-Pphaeron: can you show your ks file?13:06
jonwilsomeone is working on replacing n900-BME too13:06
jonwilwith kernel drivers13:06
Sagetanuk2: you should update speexdsp as well btw13:06
tanuk2Sage: Ok.13:06
phaeronE-P: nemo i586 ks can work too13:06
phaeronlet me see if there's a difference13:07
Sagetanuk2: to 1.2rc1 as it seems to be on required list on pulseaudio website13:07
Sagetanuk2: also the BuildRequires: lines should have >= version for the packages that there is known requirement.13:07
phaeronE-P: sage said sometimes installing two gl providers overwrite each other13:08
jonwilif bme and pulse are replaced and I get off my ass and do some wl1251-cal-bin and sysinfod-rx51 replacement, we should be even closer to a totally open system on the N900 :)13:08
E-Pphaeron: do you use nemo i586 vm ks ?13:09
phaeronmostly yes , I am looking for any changes13:09
phaeronmost important are : xorg-x11-drv-synaptics xorg-x11-drv-vesa xorg-x11-server-Xorg-setuid mesa-llvmpipe-libGLESv2 kernel-adaptation-pc xorg-x11-drv-mtev13:10
E-Pok13:10
Stskeepsoh yes13:11
Stskeepssetuid for sure13:11
jonwilis https://build.pub.meego.com/project/show?project=CE%3AAdaptation%3AN900 still the latest place to find all the n900 mer/meego closed bins?13:11
Stskeepsyes13:12
Stskeepsand N9xx-common13:12
jonwilok13:12
jonwilgreat13:12
jonwiltrying to see just how far from "totally open" we really are :)13:12
jonwilof course we can never be "totally open" unless a miracle occurs and someone writes open-source SGX drivers :P13:14
Stskeepsor somebody ports llvmpipe13:14
*** zeq has joined #mer13:17
jonwiloh and GPS is a problem too :(13:17
*** Vortiago has quit IRC13:18
*** Vortiago has joined #mer13:19
StskeepsSage: [root@localhost ~]# rpm -qf /usr/sbin/depmod13:22
Stskeepskmod-9-1.1.armv7hl13:22
*** yunta has quit IRC13:23
SageStskeeps: ok, so I wonder what is wrong there as it seems to work on x8613:23
Stskeepsbad kernel packaging?13:23
Stskeepsit works after depmod -a, though13:23
Stskeepswell, works-ish13:25
Stskeepssoemthing still blows up, somewhere13:25
*** rodrigo_golive has joined #mer13:27
*** Ian-- has joined #mer13:28
*** Ian--- has quit IRC13:29
*** shrikrishna has quit IRC13:35
*** gabrbedd has joined #mer13:36
jonwilAnyone happen to know what pulseaudio-modules-nokia-parameters and pulseaudio-module-noika-audiots is for?13:40
*** clopez has joined #mer13:52
*** dijenerate has quit IRC13:54
*** himamura has joined #mer13:55
*** FSCV has joined #mer13:56
*** DocScrutinizer05 has quit IRC14:00
*** DocScrutinizer05 has joined #mer14:00
*** DocScrutinizer has quit IRC14:00
*** DocScrutinizer has joined #mer14:00
sledgesgood luck totte :)14:01
*** ZogG_laptop has joined #mer14:01
*** imunsie has joined #mer14:05
*** mikhas has joined #mer14:07
*** ScriptRipper has joined #mer14:14
*** ScriptRipper has quit IRC14:16
*** ScriptRipper has joined #mer14:16
*** blaroche_ has quit IRC14:19
*** ravirdv has quit IRC14:20
*** Hoolxi has joined #mer14:21
*** jukkar has joined #mer14:22
*** ZogG_laptop has quit IRC14:23
*** ZogG_laptop has joined #mer14:25
Stskeepshello jukkar :)14:29
*** Ian--- has joined #mer14:30
*** Ian-- has quit IRC14:31
* Stskeeps pokes depmod with a stick14:33
*** ZogG_laptop has quit IRC14:34
*** ZogG_laptop has joined #mer14:36
*** zeq has quit IRC14:43
*** ZogG_laptop has quit IRC14:45
*** situ has joined #mer14:46
*** dijenerate has joined #mer14:46
tanukjonwil: pulseaudio-modules-nokia-parameters is a module for managing algorithm parameter sets for different audio use cases.14:50
tanukjonwil: audiots is for interfacing with the algorithm tuning tool14:50
*** phinaliumz has quit IRC14:56
*** tanty has joined #mer14:56
*** zeq has joined #mer14:56
*** donza has quit IRC14:57
jonwilok, makes sense14:57
jonwilif you know what you need to do to replace the bits of those 2 that actually matter, that's good :)14:58
jonwilnow if I could just find the apparently-required-by-LGPL sources for https://build.pub.meego.com/package/files?package=gst-nokia-camera&project=CE%3AAdaptation%3AN9xx-common I would be happy :P14:59
*** mikhas has quit IRC14:59
*** elninja has quit IRC14:59
jonwilsome parts appear to be LGPL at least...14:59
Stskeepslgpl doesn't require dependent parts to be open, afaik?15:00
Stskeeps:P15:00
*** mikhas has joined #mer15:00
jonwilno but evidence is that parts of libgstmcsrc.so, libgstsubdevcam.so, ligbstv4l2newcam.so and libgstcamera-0.10 may be LGPL. libomap3camd doesn't seem to be lgpl though15:02
jonwilI am not a GPL guru so I dont know for sure, I am just going on what it looks like15:02
Stskeepsi -think- those are open source, just a custom build15:03
Stskeepsit should very well be there, though15:04
jonwilyes there should be buildable source code visible alongside the binaries15:05
Stskeepsjonwil: do me a favour and mail me about that, i'll see what i can dig up15:07
Stskeepsjonwil: i was responsible for maintaining the hw adaptation so it seems strange to me i would have let anything license problematic through15:07
jonwilmy guess is the source is in a repo somewhere15:08
jonwilbut which isnt linked to that page15:08
*** gabriel9 has quit IRC15:09
Stskeepseither way, this might be entirely academic, too.. :P15:09
jonwilwhats your email address?15:09
Stskeepscarsten@merproject.org15:09
Stskeepsthe chances are that nokia might own entire copyright of that15:09
Stskeepsbut i'm fairly sure that they are actually just 'custom builds'..15:09
*** otep has quit IRC15:10
situStskeeps: I need to check out spectacle component of "mint" what's the address for branching ?15:10
jonwilthere are strings in those blobs that imply they are LGPL though15:10
situI tried osc branch Mer.MDS:mint:i486 spectacle15:10
jonwilmy guess is they are LGPL and the source is out there somewhere but just not on that page15:11
Stskeepssitu: i think Mer:Tools or Mer:Tools:Testing15:11
Stskeepsjonwil: i concur15:11
*** otep has joined #mer15:12
jonwilemail sent.15:12
Stskeepsthanks15:12
jonwilaha, I have an idea. Lets look in the binaries and see if they contain filenames of any source files and if so, plug those files into Google.15:12
*** elninja has joined #mer15:13
*** Hoolxi has quit IRC15:15
jonwilBINGO.15:15
Stskeepsfound it?15:16
jonwilyes, going to send an email15:16
situStskeeps: is there any list of these addresses ?15:17
jonwilok, let me see if this tree compiles or not.15:17
Stskeepssitu: MINT usually means that's it's either Project:MINT or Mer:Tools*15:17
Stskeepssitu: please add that to Contribution page somewhere15:17
*** dijenerate has quit IRC15:17
*** lbt_away is now known as lbt15:19
*** otep has quit IRC15:20
*** dijenerate has joined #mer15:20
*** vivijim has quit IRC15:21
*** vivijim has joined #mer15:21
*** vivijim has joined #mer15:21
*** tsdedst has joined #mer15:22
*** dijenerate has quit IRC15:22
*** dijenerate has joined #mer15:23
situStskeeps: How should I delete a branch from server ?15:25
Stskeepssitu: just remove the project15:25
lbtsitu: you working on Tools stuff?15:25
lbtI can help you with that15:25
situTrying to fix a small bug.15:25
*** phaeron has quit IRC15:26
lbtnp - spectacle is in git so the process here is different to Mer:Core15:26
*** rcg has joined #mer15:26
lbtfirst we need to track down what git repo we're using .... it will move to mer's git 'RSN'15:26
*** rcg has quit IRC15:27
lbthttps://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Category:Spectacle15:27
situlbt: 2 minutes please.15:27
*** vivijim has joined #mer15:28
*** vivijim has joined #mer15:28
*** Estel_ has quit IRC15:28
*** jluisn_ has quit IRC15:30
situlbt: back15:31
situI have a branch on server for Spectacle, but when I try to check out it's empty.15:33
*** imunsie has quit IRC15:36
*** dijenerate has quit IRC15:36
situStskeeps: I am getting this error "branch target package already exists: home:siteshwar:branches:Mer.MDS:Tools:i486/spectacle"15:38
Stskeepssitu: ok, try to remove spectacle package in that project and see what happens15:38
Stskeepsyou shouldn't need to branch from Mer.MDS:Tools anyway15:38
Stskeepsjust Mer:Tools15:38
lbtinteresting ... does Mer.MDS:Tools even exist?15:38
situIt does exist.15:39
Stskeepsit shouldn't :)15:39
w00tbugtime!15:40
situIs this command fine "osc branch Mer:Tools:i486 spectacle" ?15:40
Stskeepsyou shouldn't need :i48615:40
Stskeepsjust Mer:Tools, or Mer:Tools:Testing :)15:40
*** Estel_ has joined #mer15:41
*** blauzahl has joined #mer15:41
lbtTesting please15:41
situThanks!15:41
lbt*sigh* I need to fix the Tools process15:41
* lbt buries head in sand and goes back to current task15:42
*** rnovacek has quit IRC15:42
*** RhymeswA has quit IRC15:53
jonwilstskeeps: you got mail15:54
Stskeepsjonwil: -dev can't be published15:58
*** Venemo_N9 has joined #mer16:01
*** mikhas has quit IRC16:03
jonwilok in that case you guys need to separate out the bits that need libomap3cam-dev (which I am guessing contains TI code and that's why it cant be published) and the bits that dont16:06
jonwiland make sure the bits that contain code Nokia didn't write end up in the bits that dont16:06
*** norayr is now known as noch16:07
Stskeepswell, theoretically i'm no longer responsible, but i'm fairly sure the code that uses libomap3cam is oss, just -dev header isn't16:07
jonwilif its oss but 100% nokia, its all good, if its oss but contains code Nokia didn't write then nokia needs to fix that as LGPL requires (AFAIK) that code must be compilable16:08
jonwilbut my guess is that the bit in question is 100% nokia16:08
Stskeeps:nod:16:09
Stskeepseither way, i have to go out now, i'll look into what's up with this16:09
jonwilok, thanks16:09
nochSince you are talking about cameras, today I have noticed that Fcam is the default camera API in Harmattan.16:11
Stskeepsreally?16:11
nochminute, I'll give you a link16:11
nochhttp://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/library/html/fcam/main.html16:12
Stskeepswell16:12
Venemo_N9jonwil, what's going on?16:12
Stskeepsit's 'a part', rather16:12
Stskeepsbut if it's OSS and doesn't use libomap3camd..16:13
nochalso I've read about it at Camera 2.0 page16:13
Stskeepscheck for source availability?16:14
nochFCam is now also available on the Nokia N9 as part of the Meego/Harmattan 1.2 operating system update16:14
nochhttp://graphics.stanford.edu/projects/camera-2.0/16:14
nochI would like to see Frankencamera in nemomobile (:16:16
Stskeepswe considered the same thing fwiw16:17
Stskeepsgive it a shot?16:18
nochyou mean, did I try to use the API?16:19
nochno, just read about it today.16:19
nochI guess one need to try to compile fcam drivers with nemo kernel first16:20
nochagainst the nemo kernel16:20
nochand only then try to compile fcamera16:20
Stskeepsit should be possible16:22
Stskeepson n9 it should be == harmattan kernel16:22
*** ZogG_laptop has joined #mer16:22
nochI have only n900 with nemo running.16:25
jonwilok, fcam is in harmattan nokia-binaries sdk repo                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          ...16:26
jonwil...16:26
nochok, if I try to compile the drivers under nemo I'll let you know16:26
jonwilwhich is perfectly ok being that its BSD licensed16:26
nochnice16:26
jonwilmy guess is that on harmattan fcam either includes directly or talks to whatever harmattan library does the job of the omap3cam stuff16:27
jonwilwhatever exactly that is...16:27
jonwilI am guessing its to do with all the special stuff to make the camera work better, the stuff TI doesn't want its competitors to be able to use :)16:28
jonwilnot that I care so much about camera, my interest is in replacing the bluetooth and WiFi CAL daemons :P16:29
jonwilas replacing those lets you throw away some non-standard kernel interfaces and do things the Right Way(tm)16:30
nochah16:30
nochok, I care about the camera (:16:30
Stskeepsfcam drivers are usually oss16:31
Stskeepssee if you can find it16:31
jonwilthe kernel drivers will be oss16:31
jonwilbut the fcam userland bits are in harmattan nokia-binaries repo16:31
jonwilwhich implies they aren't oss16:31
nochhm16:31
*** rcg has joined #mer16:32
*** gimli has joined #mer16:32
dm8tbrif the camera is using the other IP cores like e.g. the C6xx DSP then it's going to be lot's of sekrit sauce16:32
nochwhat about this: http://fcam.garage.maemo.org/download.html ?16:32
jonwilthats for the N90016:33
nochdo you think they will compile with the nemo kernel?16:34
nochI use n90016:34
*** w00t_nemo has joined #mer16:36
*** w00t_nemo has quit IRC16:37
*** w00t_nemo has joined #mer16:37
*** noch has quit IRC16:38
*** ZogG_laptop has quit IRC16:42
*** ZogG_laptop has joined #mer16:44
*** ZogG_laptop has quit IRC16:50
jonwilregarding the OMAP DSP, it looks like TI have published the ARM side code for talking to it as LGPL16:50
jonwilwith the DSP-side code being closed from what I can tell16:51
*** ZogG_laptop has joined #mer16:52
*** Venemo_N9 has quit IRC16:52
*** slaine has quit IRC16:55
*** shrikrishna has joined #mer17:00
*** ZogG_lap1op has joined #mer17:00
dm8tbrjonwil: the arm code is in the kernel and there are at least 3 or 4 different implementations17:01
*** Venemo has joined #mer17:02
*** ZogG_laptop has quit IRC17:02
jonwilI refer to libomxil-ti0 and Libomxil-ti-components which are arm-side17:02
jonwiland seem to be open in some places17:03
Stskeepsthat's openmax isn't it17:04
*** situ has quit IRC17:05
jonwilyes17:06
*** shrikrishna has quit IRC17:09
jonwillibbridge2 is also open aparently17:10
*** situ has joined #mer17:12
*** situ has quit IRC17:12
*** situ has joined #mer17:13
*** GeneralAntilles has quit IRC17:15
situlbt: Could you help me setup git repository for spectacle ?17:21
Stskeepsfor spectacle you have to use obs commands, not mer git17:23
*** mdfe_ has quit IRC17:23
Stskeepsoscsubmitreq17:23
Stskeepsosc submitreq17:23
situAny links ?17:23
Stskeepsjust add --help to that17:24
situso intead of git push I will use osc submitreq to submit changes to gerrit ?17:24
*** jonwil has quit IRC17:25
*** ZogG_lap1op has quit IRC17:25
*** w00t_nemo has quit IRC17:26
*** Attie has quit IRC17:27
*** goku12 has joined #mer17:28
*** cristi has joined #mer17:29
*** dijenerate has joined #mer17:30
lbtsitu: back now17:31
lbthttps://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Category:Spectacle17:31
lbtshows the upstream git repo17:32
vgrade2sledges, let me know if you decide to go17:32
lbtvgrade2: hey17:32
lbtsorry I missed the meeting - not in my diary17:32
lbtnb - very happy to meet up wrt IVI at any point17:32
situStskeeps told me that I have to use osc submitreq.17:33
lbtwell, that's true17:33
lbtbut since this is a git-controlled source tree then it's better to put it in the real git17:33
situI just have a small patch I can do it through osc.17:35
lbtOK17:35
*** CosmoHill has joined #mer17:36
*** GeneralAntilles has joined #mer17:38
*** gabrbedd has quit IRC17:38
*** vilpan has quit IRC17:40
*** Venemo_N950 has joined #mer17:42
*** dijenerate has quit IRC17:43
*** vivijim has quit IRC17:43
*** phaeron has joined #mer17:43
*** vivijim has joined #mer17:44
*** vivijim has quit IRC17:44
*** vivijim has joined #mer17:44
*** dijenerate has joined #mer17:44
*** gabrbedd has joined #mer17:48
*** Venemo_N950 has quit IRC17:49
*** Oipo has joined #mer17:49
*** blaroche_ has joined #mer17:50
vgrade2lbt, hi17:52
Stskeepshello Oipo :)17:52
situwhere can I find errors for package builds in build webui ?17:53
OipoHey hey.17:53
*** phaeron has quit IRC17:53
lbthey Oipo17:53
vgrade2lbt, there may be some interest from mer people in a meetup at the linux automotive summit in Sept17:53
lbtsitu: click on 'failed'17:53
lbtvgrade2: yes17:53
situIt doesn't show any specifiec error.17:53
StskeepsOipo: welcome to #mer, if you have any questions at any time, feel free to ask, else feel free to hang out17:53
lbtsitu: it should show a build log17:53
*** shrikrishna has joined #mer17:54
OipoThanks. I'll be sure to ask if anything arises. For now, I guess I'll just lurk :)17:54
*** smoku has quit IRC17:54
iekkuwelcome Oipo17:54
OipoOh, hello.17:54
lbtsitu: link to the failing project in webui ?17:55
OipoI see a lot of people i had contact with hang out here, haha.17:55
situIt shows now.17:55
lbtsitu: good :)17:55
iekku:)17:55
lbtOipo: so what's your background?17:55
OipoHmm. In general? I started studying Computer Science but after a year I decided that I prefer more low-level software. So I switched to Electrical Engineering. Did a few projects internationally and have a few open source projects I helped setup.17:56
vgrade2lbt, https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/automotive-linux-summit/ if you're interesed17:56
situlbt: I have some strange errors https://build.pub.meego.com/package/live_build_log?arch=armv8el&package=spectacle&project=home%3Asiteshwar%3Abranches%3AMer%3ATools&repository=Mer_Core_armv7hl17:57
*** Laventus has joined #mer17:57
*** Oipo has quit IRC17:57
*** Laventus is now known as Oipo17:57
OipoApparently installing VirtualBox resets your network? Odd.17:57
wmaronetemporarily17:58
lbtvgrade2: hmmm ... Jim's giving a keynote...17:58
*** zeq has quit IRC17:58
Stskeepslbt, ouch17:58
lbtStskeeps: ah, ask w00t about the coffee cups....17:58
*** norayr has joined #mer17:58
w00tlbt: he was a bit confused when I showed him a photo of one :-P17:59
Stskeepslbt, i've seen jim's travel around norway17:59
lbtw00t: you didn't!!17:59
w00thehehe17:59
*** shrikrishna has quit IRC17:59
*** nsuffys has joined #mer17:59
lbtsitu: "error: File /home/abuild/rpmbuild/SOURCES/spectacle-0.25.tar.gz: No such file or directory" ... and see https://build.pub.meego.com/package/files?package=spectacle&project=home%3Asiteshwar%3Abranches%3AMer%3ATools18:00
vgrade2lbt, and Matt Jones18:00
lbtvgrade2: I'll wear my T-shirt18:00
Stskeepsi prefer matt, he presents well18:00
vgrade2Sage, Stskeeps, are modules in /lib/modules or /usr/lib/modules18:01
lbthe does indeed18:01
OipoHas this channel been this densly populated for a while now?18:01
Stskeepsvgrade2: /lib18:01
lbtOipo: yes18:01
StskeepsOipo: we averaged 180 before jolla news, now 23018:02
Sage...18:02
lbtsitu: also clean up old tarballs18:02
vgrade2Sage, Stskeeps, http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=11391&p=12637118:02
situthis file was automatically created.18:02
OipoAh, interesting.18:02
lbtand you should probably be adding a patch since this isn't an upstream tag18:02
situYeah.18:02
Sagevgrade2: wtf :D18:02
lbtvgrade2: so ... how do I get invited on the cheap?18:03
*** Venemo has quit IRC18:04
vgrade2do you know anyone who works for one of the sponsors18:05
*** FSCV has quit IRC18:06
* lbt looks pointedly at vgrade218:06
OipoIs Mer multi-arch? Like, is it better to use a 32 bit environment? Does Mer fully support 64 bit?18:06
lbtmight do18:06
Sagevgrade2: that should't be like that in our system we have still /lib dir valid.18:06
lbtOipo: no 64 bit18:06
Sagevgrade2: but have to test :)18:06
vgrade2Sage, ok, np18:06
*** Venemo_N9 has joined #mer18:06
*** FSCV has joined #mer18:06
OipoNoted.18:06
lbtOipo: with our targets we don't really need it18:06
Sagevgrade2: thx for pointing it out18:06
OipoHmm. Though I assume that with the 64bit arm processors coming out sometime soon, that somewhere in the future support for such architectures is desired?18:07
*** Venemo has joined #mer18:07
vgrade2lbt, I'll see what the situation is re getting invites from JLR18:07
lbtvgrade2: ty ... I thought for a moment I wasn't being subtle enough :D18:07
*** Vilsepi has quit IRC18:07
lbtOipo: yep - that'll probably be what drives it18:08
lbthmm18:08
lbtI wonder where qemu is on aarch6418:08
vgrade2Sage, I've been following with interest the upgrade.  The vivaldi has issues which may be old kernel/systemd interactions18:09
*** FSCV_ has joined #mer18:09
vgrade2lbt, any aarch64 hw out yet18:10
*** dijenerate has quit IRC18:10
lbtI wouldn't know18:10
OipoLast I knew, not yet.18:10
*** Vilsepi has joined #mer18:11
*** dijenerate has joined #mer18:11
vgrade2only within arm I guess, http://lwn.net/Articles/505682/18:12
*** FSCV has quit IRC18:12
Oipovgrade2, http://www.arm.com/about/newsroom/arm-discloses-technical-details-of-the-next-version-of-the-arm-architecture.php18:13
OipoThe announced it end of last year. It'll take a while probably before any arm's end up being released.18:13
lbtAlso ... http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-arm@lists.debian.org/msg13742.html18:14
Sagevgrade2: well, we are having some regresion on our N900 and N950 devices after we went to new systemd. Never really occured to me that it can be such problem18:14
lbtdebconf summary for aarch6418:14
SageStskeeps: that would also related to the errors you said you got18:14
OipoLate 2013 sounds reasonable.18:14
lbt"There's no support in qemu yet"18:15
vgrade2Sage, but killer is it works on x8618:15
Sagevgrade2: well x86 work yes, but it might be related to kernel modules x86 has more stuff buildin18:16
vgrade2Sage, unless modules are not used18:16
vgrade2:)18:16
vgrade2things changed in the last kmod upgrade18:17
* Sage just upgraded kmod :P18:17
Sageto version 918:17
* Sage will debug this more when he gets back to home18:19
*** Venemo_N9 has quit IRC18:27
*** situ_ has joined #mer18:28
situ_Where does the request go when I issue "osc submitreq" ?18:29
lbtto the maintainers of the place you branched from18:29
situ_How can I see my request ?18:30
lbthttps://build.pub.meego.com/request/show/530418:30
lbtand you branched from Tools, not Testing :/18:30
*** situ has quit IRC18:31
*** jukkar has quit IRC18:31
situ_So ?18:31
lbt[25/07/2012 16:41] <lbt> Testing please18:32
situ_Should I resend the request ?18:32
lbtSage: have you tagged 0.25 of spectacle?18:33
*** Behold has quit IRC18:37
*** BeholdMyGlory has joined #mer18:37
situ_lbt: Should I recreate my request from Testing branch ?18:39
lbtsitu_: I think I'd rather see it as a commit in upstream git and then pull a tagged version from there18:40
*** goku12 has quit IRC18:40
lbtsince it's a 'native' package18:40
*** ZogG_laptop has joined #mer18:40
situ_Allright, should I move to next bug ?18:41
lbtThen when it's there, get sage to tag it and resubmit to Testing18:41
lbtno, this would be useful18:41
lbtI'm going to be working on SDK release pretty soon18:41
lbtfood now ... bbiab18:42
lbtsitu - otherwise that looks good - note there's a mer bug that you should reference in your git commit18:43
situ_I will do that in future commits.18:43
lbthttps://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42318:43
Stskeepshttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-1898040318:43
*** __kozak__|work has joined #mer18:43
Stskeepshello __kozak__|work :)18:44
situ_lbt: BTW I still didn't understand if I have to anything else with that fix.18:44
__kozak__|workStskeeps: hey! looong time! dont know if you remember me!!!!18:44
vgrade2Stskeeps, can't believe that one. No head count on plane even.18:45
lbtsitu_: yes, please do it through git18:45
Sagelbt: I though I already tagged 0.25 and submitted it to somewhere18:45
Stskeepssitu_: git of spectacle itself, not entirely sure where that is though18:45
Sagelbt: also I recall you accepting it a long time aog18:45
lbtSage: possibly Testing ...18:45
situ_:-S18:45
Stskeeps__kozak__|work: maaybe ;) feel free to refresh my memory18:45
situ_Well that was really confusing.18:46
situ_It's tagged here : https://meego.gitorious.org/meego-developer-tools/spectacle18:46
__kozak__|workStskeeps: well... was testing mer during beagle days18:46
Sagesitu_: yes18:46
Stskeeps__kozak__|work: ah right :)18:46
Stskeeps__kozak__|work: well, mer is back and cooler now ;)18:46
lbtSage: it's not in Tools:Testing18:46
lbtit may be in MINT...18:47
situ_Ok, I will clone it and patch again.18:47
Sagelbt: https://build.pub.meego.com/package/files?package=spectacle&project=Project%3AMINT%3ATesting18:47
lbthttps://build.pub.meego.com/package/files?package=spectacle&project=Mer%3ATools%3ATesting18:47
Stskeepssitu_: i think you just identified a weird issue in our setup, congratulations :)18:47
Sagelbt: you told me that MINT:Testing is ok :D18:47
lbtTools is for SDK, MINT is for suse/boss18:47
lbtnah, phaeron told you that18:47
situ_Wow :-S18:48
iekkuStskeeps, maybe we need a bug for that?18:48
Sagelbt: you said that you will copypac it from there18:48
lbtyeah, but that's wrong too18:48
__kozak__|workStskeeps: yes I know ... but I am kind of moving backwards.... got an N810 last week..... and was thinking of having mer on it18:48
lbtpackaging for Mer != Suse18:48
Sagelbt:  osc copypac from project:Project:MINT:Testing package:spectacle revision:618:48
Sagelbt: https://build.pub.meego.com/package/revisions?package=spectacle&project=Mer%3ATools%3ATesting18:48
Sage:)18:48
Stskeeps__kozak__|work: yeah.. we don't have very good upstream kernel on there, but we do have a armv6 port of 'new' mer18:48
__kozak__|workStskeeps: ah I see.... I can help you with omap2 stuff ..... but not sure if N810 is up for Mer18:49
Stskeeps__kozak__|work: https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptation/N8x018:50
__kozak__|workStskeeps: will be back after lunch18:50
Stskeepsenjoy18:50
lbtSage: fwiw I had fixing this crap as part of the next SDK release - but that's been delayed due to BOSS and quickbuild18:50
Stskeepssitu_: don't worry, the issues newcomers run into is stuff we ourselves went blind for, it's a common thing and good to identify these kind of things :)18:50
situ_Well.. I think I would rather wait and see this issue getting fixed before sending my patch again.18:50
lbtsitu_: if it gets into git it'll be used18:51
situ_I will try to send the fix tomorrow.18:51
Stskeepslbt: so what's the issue, we should send it to spectacle git?18:51
Sagelbt: that is ok. Just wanted to point out that it went like this before and I asked you that would it be ok this time as well AFAIK :)18:51
lbtto be honest when you said you wanted to submitreq and I said OK I shoulda said "no" :)18:51
Sage:P18:51
lbtSage: yep - the problem is that it's not the right solution ... just hacks each time18:51
* Sage get out of the train.18:52
Sage*gets18:52
lbtStskeeps: yes we should be sending to git18:52
lbtStskeeps: in a week or so I should have tooling to support packaging in git trivially too18:52
*** jluisn has joined #mer18:52
lbtuntil that's in place we've been working around the issues18:53
lbtand it hasn't helped to have MINT and Tools have the same package and no coordination18:53
lbtcf build in Tools and Core18:53
Stskeepssitu_: i think you can go on to next bug if you'd like, just note the blocker you ran into18:54
situ_I will, thanks!18:55
*** arcean_ has joined #mer18:55
Stskeepsin practice, it should be tried to upstream within the upstream project if possible, if they can release releases immediately, include their release, else add a patch against the current version in packaging18:56
Stskeepsthat way it's easier to maintain a package over time18:56
*** gimli has quit IRC18:57
*** bef0rd has quit IRC18:58
*** arcean has quit IRC18:58
* situ_ will try to find next bug in Mer core only18:58
Sagelbt: lets build and use MINT in Mer SDK ;)19:02
Stskeepsit does make things easier19:02
rcgping http://review.merproject.org/#change,63619:03
Stskeepsyes, my bad19:03
* Stskeeps goes find the code to kick the build19:04
*** gimli has joined #mer19:09
*** smoku_ has joined #mer19:12
*** smoku_ is now known as smoku19:12
*** furikku has quit IRC19:14
*** tilgovi has joined #mer19:17
*** ZogG_laptop has quit IRC19:19
*** ZogG_laptop has joined #mer19:19
*** blaroche_ has quit IRC19:20
*** CosmoHill has quit IRC19:24
*** smoku has left #mer19:26
OipoHmm. The bugs listed in the mail on the mer project don't really contain any device driver like bugs. Am I correct in that the only bugs listed are ones related to the core libraries of MeeGo such as X11 and Qt?19:28
rcgah, Stskeeps was that you who triggered "Mer Automation Single Build Checker"?19:29
Stskeepsrcg: yes19:29
rcgStskeeps: great, thanks :)19:29
StskeepsOipo: Mer is special in some ways, it doesn't contain hardware adaptations as their release schedules are typically much different than that of the core19:30
rcgi assume it helps on getting the change into mer? xD19:30
StskeepsOipo: so they're 'outside' the project, for example, Nemo project contains X86/Nokia N900/N9/N950 adaptations19:30
*** Dhraakellian has quit IRC19:30
OipoStskeeps, Ah, right. So in Nemo I might find some bugs listed that are about more hardware related issues?19:31
Stskeepsrcg: yes19:31
StskeepsOipo: aye19:32
OipoThanks.19:32
Stskeepsgenerally the stuff you deal with, software wise, is same tools in Mer and Nemo, and Mer-using products19:33
*** gimli has quit IRC19:35
rcgStskeeps: so what's the next step to get the change into mer?19:35
Stskeepsrcg: wait for this to finish, i merge, pick it up into a release19:36
OipoHmm? You mean that one would generally use the same tools as in Mer as one does in Nemo? Or do you mean that both have a shared set of tools developed separately?19:36
rcgStskeeps: i see, thanks :)19:36
StskeepsOipo: generally similar tools19:36
Stskeepsthere is a bit of difference how you submit changes from Mer vs Nemo, but that's about it19:37
StskeepsNemo is a handset user interface, basically19:38
*** dijenerate has quit IRC19:39
OipoHmm. I do find it a bit odd that the UI and the firmware/device drivers are listed in the same project :P But oh well.19:42
StskeepsOipo: you're not the first one, but that's simply historical :)19:43
Stskeepsthey're seperate OBS projects19:43
OipoOBS -> ?19:43
StskeepsOBS is a kinda build farm software19:44
Stskeepstry navigating around on https://build.pub.meego.com19:44
KaIRCStskeeps: looks like romaxa is really working on getting Firefox OS to run on a more normal Linux base like Harmattan or Mer - at least from what he's saying in Mozilla's #b2g channel19:44
KaIRCjust FYI19:44
OipoAlright.19:44
StskeepsKaIRC: good, looking forward to seeing it one day on Jolla OS :)19:44
lbthttps://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Category:About too19:44
*** dijenerate has joined #mer19:44
KaIRCStskeeps: well, he's of course targeting a veriant where not even Qt is present, as it's not needed for B2G19:45
*** tilgovi has quit IRC19:45
StskeepsKaIRC: sure19:45
Stskeepsqt can help abstract crazy stuff like wayland, but yes19:45
KaIRCStskeeps: well, Gecko has its own abstraction stuff anyhow19:46
*** nsuffys has quit IRC19:48
*** dijenerate has quit IRC19:50
alteregoStskeeps: how hard would it be to have some kind of option in the .ks files to pull in all -devel packages for all the installed packages?19:52
alteregoStskeeps: that you could do with an env variable, or something19:52
Stskeepsalterego: i think, not hard19:52
Stskeepsbut it gets complex19:52
alteregoHow so?19:52
Stskeepswell, on occasion, some -devel headers clash19:53
alteregoHmm19:53
*** Aurium has quit IRC19:55
*** gabrbedd has quit IRC19:55
*** markQ has quit IRC19:57
*** DocScrutinizer05 has quit IRC19:57
*** pironato has quit IRC19:58
Stskeepsalterego: we also have to be careful about scratchboxisms19:58
*** Vilsepi has quit IRC19:58
Stskeepsie, assuming in packaging a certain package is there installed19:58
alteregohmm, yeah19:58
*** Vilsepi has joined #mer19:58
*** situ_ has quit IRC19:59
*** DocScrutinizer06 has joined #mer19:59
*** DocScrutinizer06 has quit IRC19:59
*** DocScrutinizer06 has joined #mer19:59
*** situ has joined #mer20:00
*** stepiro has joined #mer20:00
*** stepiro has joined #mer20:00
*** situ_ has joined #mer20:05
*** situ has quit IRC20:05
__kozak__|workStskeeps: ping20:08
Stskeeps__kozak__|work: pong, about to head to sleep though20:08
__kozak__|workStskeeps: aah okay.... have a good night then...... I just wanted to let you know that I am back .... on mer  :) ... and can help you with omap2/3/4 and...... so on20:09
Stskeepsalright :) i see you're with TI now, i can't recall if you were back then too20:09
__kozak__|work:D .... no was not ... still am not fully... :)20:10
Stskeepshehe, okay :) feel free to hang out, if there's any questions on mer, feel free to ask at any time :)20:10
Stskeepsbbl sleep20:10
__kozak__|workokay... cool20:11
*** gabrbedd has joined #mer20:11
*** cristi has quit IRC20:15
*** blaroche has quit IRC20:24
*** NIN101 has quit IRC20:24
*** situ_ has quit IRC20:42
*** Estel_ has quit IRC20:45
*** Estel_ has joined #mer20:45
*** CosmoHill has joined #mer20:46
OipoBed time. 'night.20:55
CosmoHillnight night20:56
*** Oipo has quit IRC20:56
*** situ_ has joined #mer20:59
*** InformatiQ has joined #mer20:59
*** InformatiQ has left #mer21:00
*** lizardo has quit IRC21:01
*** trip0 has quit IRC21:04
*** trip0 has joined #mer21:04
*** smoku has joined #mer21:11
*** rdqfdx has quit IRC21:24
*** jluisn has quit IRC21:28
*** phaeron has joined #mer21:29
*** smoku has quit IRC21:35
*** smoku has joined #mer21:39
smokulooks like there's something wrong with XOrg in Mer:Next - it dies with SIG 6 on i68621:43
lbtsmoku: can you log a bug21:45
lbtwhat device etv21:45
lbtc21:45
lbtI'll check up on ExoPC tomorrow21:45
smokulbt: is logging it as vague as above fine?21:47
smokui reverted now to latest Mer as I had unusable system21:48
lbtNeeds device, and which HA you're using in the .ks .... log output would be nice21:48
lbtOK21:48
*** Venemo_N950 has joined #mer21:49
*** notmart has quit IRC21:54
smokulbt: is MER#482 fine?21:54
smokuother funny thing - 'zypper up' on Mer:Next system today removed udev21:55
smokui needed to regenerate rootfs from scratch ;-)21:55
smokuand hit the crashing XOrg issue21:55
lbteek21:56
lbtso ... zypper up on Mer:Next from old Mer:stable?21:56
lbtor Mer:Next to newer Mer:Next21:57
smokurepo --name=mer-core --baseurl=http://releases.merproject.org/releases/next/builds/i586/packages/21:57
lbtthe latter is not something we really worry about21:57
smokuMer:Next updated ~week ago to today's Mer:Next21:58
lbtyeah - that's not really something we can manage21:58
*** Dhraakellian has joined #mer21:58
lbtWhat should work is Mer:latest to Mer:next21:58
lbt(since Mer:next will become the new Mer:latest and should support updates)21:59
*** stimut has joined #mer21:59
lbtOTOH if we screw up a Mer:next and change it then all bets are off21:59
smoku+122:01
smokuthe image based on current mer:next builds fine22:01
lbtgood22:01
lbtnb there's a minimal mer too22:01
lbthttps://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Getting_Started22:01
lbtmay be good to use as a coarse bisection to identify Mer/HA issues22:02
lbtif it is then please let me know and we'll add that as an objective for it22:02
*** Ian--- has quit IRC22:03
smokuI would try it, but I don't have spare space on hdd anymore to try yet another image :/22:03
lbtOK - keep it in mind22:04
smokuBTW, do we have a wiki page explaining how to bring up connman networking using simple-agent?22:04
lbtnot simple-agent no22:04
smokuit's quite easy, though not obvious22:04
lbtI do it via config in .ks22:04
smokuyes. that's why I'm asking22:05
smokuI could writ it - where to put it?22:05
*** blaroche has joined #mer22:05
lbthmm22:05
*** Ian-- has joined #mer22:06
lbthttps://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Minimal/Networking maybe ?22:07
lbtMinimal could be about 'fairly pure Mer'22:07
lbtMinimal/X Minimal/Wayland Minimal/Systemd .... yep, that'd be useful22:07
*** rodrigo_golive has quit IRC22:08
smokudoh.... wiki does not accept my user/pass :/22:09
lbtsee banner at top of page?22:09
*** Ian--- has joined #mer22:10
smokuof course22:10
*** himamura has quit IRC22:10
smokuI even tried relogin on bmo to make sure I remember my password22:11
*** Ian-- has quit IRC22:11
CosmoHillcyas22:11
*** CosmoHill has quit IRC22:12
*** stimut has left #mer22:14
*** chouchoune_nas has quit IRC22:14
situ_Good night all!22:15
*** situ_ has quit IRC22:15
*** rcg has quit IRC22:22
*** Venemo_N950 has quit IRC22:25
*** merder has quit IRC22:27
*** chouchoune_nas has joined #mer22:29
lbtsmoku: https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Minimal22:29
smokulooks good22:31
smokubut "You do not have permission to edit this page"22:31
lbtyou logged in?22:32
smokuno. wiki does not accept my user/pass.22:33
lbtdo you have a mer bugzilla account ?22:33
smokuyes.22:33
lbtyou mst22:33
lbtso that should have a username?22:33
lbtnot email22:34
lbtuse that and your mer bz pword22:34
smokuYour real name (optional, but encouraged)?22:35
smokuthis one?22:35
lbtno22:35
*** gabrbedd has quit IRC22:35
smokuso where do I find my bugzilla username?22:36
*** zzats has quit IRC22:36
*** zzats has joined #mer22:36
lbtlooking22:36
lbtwhat's your bz email ?22:37
lbtgot it22:37
lbtgrumble... need to write ldap search22:38
totteThat's odd. Went looking for my username on bz but it isn't displayed anywhere. Only my e-mail is shown.22:39
lbtyeah - I should fix that somehow22:40
lbttotte: log a bug ?22:40
totteNo big deal, I merely found it curious.22:40
lbtit'd be good to fix - probably not too hard either22:41
totteI'm new to bz though, got to make myself acquainted with it before I submit anything. :)22:41
lbtgive this a go - it's a sensible bug22:42
lbtsee if you can find where to file it22:42
lbtverify here first22:42
lbtsmoku: ..... jakub22:44
*** Venemo has quit IRC22:44
smokulbt: nope22:44
smokumy name is nowhere near jakub ;-)22:44
smokuare you looking for tomek@xiaoka.com ?22:45
lbtyes :)22:45
lbtwrong one?22:45
smokuright one22:45
smokubut jakub??!22:45
smokuwell... it accepted my password.  but I don't want to appear as Jakub ;-)22:47
totteSubmitted to Infra/Bugzilla.22:47
lbttotte: sounds right22:47
lbtsmoku: I can change that - I'm not sure what's happened there though22:47
smokuplease change it to Smoku22:49
smokuIIRC this is the username I had on Wiki22:49
lbtyes ... when you registered on bz is there any chance you used that name?22:50
lbtif not then I need to spend some time looking for either hacking or a bug in bz/ldap22:50
lbtnote that this is nothing to do with wiki22:50
smokulbt: zero chance22:50
lbtdamn22:51
lbt*sigh*22:51
*** norayr has quit IRC22:56
smokulbt: https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Minimal/Networking23:03
lbtah, yes, that... :)23:04
lbtgood stuff though - ty23:04
smokuit took me _a while_ to figure it out, so it's worth sharing to save others time23:05
*** taziff has joined #mer23:09
*** taziff1 has quit IRC23:11
lbtsmoku: I like the attitude :D23:11
lbtright ... enough for one day ...23:12
lbtnight all23:12
*** Hoolxi has joined #mer23:13
*** tanty has quit IRC23:16
*** dijenerate has joined #mer23:26
*** Siosm has joined #mer23:35
*** Siosm has quit IRC23:40
*** jstaniek has quit IRC23:42
*** Hoolxi has quit IRC23:49
*** otep has joined #mer23:55

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.11.0 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!