Tuesday, 2012-07-10

*** thetet has quit IRC00:00
*** FSCV has quit IRC00:02
*** ericc has joined #mer00:02
*** otep has quit IRC00:04
*** boklm has joined #mer00:05
*** ericc has quit IRC00:06
*** ZogG_laptop has quit IRC00:08
*** ericc has joined #mer00:10
*** ZogG_laptop has joined #mer00:17
*** peavey has quit IRC00:21
*** terietor has quit IRC00:23
*** terietor has joined #mer00:23
*** kyyberi has quit IRC00:24
*** kyyberi has joined #mer00:24
*** otep has joined #mer00:32
*** arcean_ has quit IRC00:41
*** sonach has joined #mer00:43
*** KaiRo_Mozilla has joined #mer00:50
*** KaIRC has quit IRC00:54
*** peavey has joined #mer00:54
*** imunsie has joined #mer00:59
*** imunsie has quit IRC01:05
*** imunsie has joined #mer01:07
*** arcol has quit IRC01:07
*** Aurium has quit IRC01:07
*** shrikrishna has quit IRC01:08
*** clopez has quit IRC01:09
*** sledges has quit IRC01:09
*** kimitake is now known as kimitake_idle01:11
*** vgrade has quit IRC01:17
*** sonach has quit IRC01:21
*** swer has quit IRC01:21
*** himamura_ has quit IRC01:21
*** swerden has joined #mer01:22
*** vgrade2 has joined #mer01:22
*** sonach_ has joined #mer01:22
*** sonach_ is now known as sonach01:23
*** beford has joined #mer01:25
*** ZogG_laptop has quit IRC01:33
*** imunsie has quit IRC01:51
*** imunsie has joined #mer01:52
*** phaeron has quit IRC01:56
*** sledges has joined #mer01:56
*** sledges has joined #mer01:56
*** AstroAk has quit IRC01:58
*** shrikrishna has joined #mer02:01
*** KaiRo_Mozilla has quit IRC02:02
*** Forty-3 has quit IRC02:13
*** eman has quit IRC02:25
*** eman has joined #mer02:25
*** RhymeswA has joined #mer02:32
*** Openfree` has quit IRC02:34
*** Openfree` has joined #mer02:48
*** eman has quit IRC02:51
*** eman has joined #mer02:51
*** shrikrishna has quit IRC02:55
*** himamura has joined #mer02:59
*** himamura has quit IRC03:04
*** imunsie has quit IRC03:11
*** imunsie has joined #mer03:14
*** kimitake_idle is now known as kimitake03:15
*** taziff1 has joined #mer03:16
*** [JT] has quit IRC03:17
*** taziff has quit IRC03:18
*** himamura has joined #mer03:26
*** sonach has quit IRC03:27
*** Openfree` has quit IRC03:29
*** himamura has quit IRC03:30
*** sonach has joined #mer03:31
*** Khaled has joined #mer03:38
*** himamura has joined #mer03:38
*** himamura has quit IRC03:43
*** himamura has joined #mer03:47
*** Openfree` has joined #mer03:48
*** Khaled has quit IRC03:48
*** himamura has quit IRC03:51
*** himamura has joined #mer03:54
*** himamura has quit IRC03:58
*** himamura has joined #mer03:59
*** himamura has quit IRC04:02
*** taziff has joined #mer04:10
*** himamura has joined #mer04:11
*** taziff1 has quit IRC04:12
*** tsdedst has quit IRC04:18
sonachStskeeps: morning! When I do 'osc build' under Mer-sdk, it reports error: http://pastie.org/422966204:25
sonachplease do me a favor when you have time :)04:25
*** rdqfdx has joined #mer04:26
sonachStskeeps: and the MerDS:Core:armv7l is Version 20120517,04:27
*** taziff has quit IRC04:33
*** taziff has joined #mer04:34
*** xnt14 has quit IRC04:38
*** berndhs has joined #mer04:39
*** ericc has quit IRC04:40
*** alexxy has quit IRC04:46
*** alexxy has joined #mer04:48
*** xnt14 has joined #mer04:52
*** berndhs has left #mer04:52
Stskeepssonach: try with --clean too05:02
*** imunsie has quit IRC05:04
*** beford has quit IRC05:06
*** imunsie has joined #mer05:06
*** denism has joined #mer05:18
Stskeepssonach: maybe you have to clean our your local obs client cache05:19
Stskeepsmorning denism :)05:19
*** kenya888_ has joined #mer05:19
*** eman has quit IRC05:19
Stskeepshi kenya888_ :)05:19
*** eman has joined #mer05:19
kenya888_Stskeeps: hi:)05:20
*** jstaniek has joined #mer05:20
Stskeepskenya888_: welcome :] so what brings you here to #mer ?05:20
kenya888_Stskeeps: from #jollamobile topic msessge by you. I'm happy to hear maemo/meego is alive :)05:23
Stskeepskenya888_: cool :) if you have any questions about Mer Core, or would like to know how to contribute, feel free to ask at any time, else feel free to hang out :)05:24
Stskeepsand yeah, it seems to have struck a nice chord in the market05:24
*** eman has quit IRC05:24
*** eman has joined #mer05:24
*** furikku has joined #mer05:27
*** rcg has joined #mer05:30
*** phaeron has joined #mer05:34
*** rcg has quit IRC05:35
kenya888_Stskeeps: Thanks :) I'd like to find something to contribute for mer:)05:35
*** imunsie has quit IRC05:37
Stskeepskenya888_: sure, http://bit.ly/L9v3nR has some nice low prio ones to start out with05:38
*** imunsie has joined #mer05:39
sonachStskeeps: 'osc build --no-verify standard armv7el --clean', the same error :(05:39
*** Siosm has joined #mer05:40
phaeronStskeeps: did you test anymore ?05:43
Stskeepsphaeron: no, i collapsed in bed05:44
kenya888_Stskeeps: thanks, i'll try:)05:45
phaeronStskeeps: ok :)05:45
Stskeepssonach: find the path to your obs cache and clean it out05:46
*** Siosm has quit IRC05:49
*** arcol has joined #mer05:49
sonachStskeeps: where is the obs cache? or how to find the path?05:52
Stskeepssonach: check your .oscrc05:53
sonachStskeeps: after  'rm /var/tmp/osbuild-packagecache', the same error...05:55
Stskeepssonach: rm -rf /var/tmp/osbuild-packagecache/*05:56
sonachStskeeps: the same error...05:56
*** kenya888_ has quit IRC05:57
Stskeepssonach: hmmm05:57
Stskeepssonach: moment, let me wake up properly :)05:59
sonachStskeeps: ok, thank you very much :)05:59
Stskeeps(MerDS:Core:armv7l) rpm-                 100% |=================================|  467 B    00:0006:00
Stskeepslooks really broken06:00
*** arcol has quit IRC06:00
Stskeepsi think you may need to re-rsync and verify that package .rpm06:00
Stskeepsyes rsync it again06:00
Stskeepsthe particular version06:00
Stskeepsor something06:00
sonachStskeeps: in MerDS, do 'make update'? or how to re-rsync this package?06:01
Stskeepssonach: ah, version is 0517, hmm06:01
sonachyes, not 0614,06:02
sonachStskeeps: My MerDS version is 0517, and I download 0614 from releases.merproject.com to my /srv/obs/repos,06:02
Stskeepssonach: go into obs-repos/Core:armv7l/Core_armv7l/armv7el/06:04
Stskeepsremove rpm.rpm and wget http://releases.merproject.org/obs-repos/Core:armv7l:0.20120517.1/Core_armv7l/armv7el/rpm.rpm06:04
*** phinaliumz has joined #mer06:05
Stskeepshello phinaliumz06:05
sonachStskeeps: after that, the same error ...06:07
Stskeepssonach: hmmm06:08
Stskeepssonach: can you show me contents of rpm.rpm ?06:08
phinaliumzgood morning / suitable timezone reference Stskeeps06:10
Stskeepsphaeron: hehe, UGT is in practice here :)06:10
Stskeepsphinaliumz: hehe, UGT is in practice here :)06:10
Stskeepsphinaliumz: so what brings you here to #mer ?06:11
*** kenya888 has joined #mer06:11
phinaliumzStskeeps: :)06:12
sonachStskeeps: http://pastie.org/423000706:12
phinaliumzStskeeps: I'm just curious, I saw a reference to #mer in Jolla tweets06:12
Stskeepsphinaliumz: sure :) Jolla uses mer as their OS core, for specific jolla discussion, #jollamobile, but if you have questions on Mer, or would like to know how to contribute, feel free to ask at any time, else feel free to hang out :)06:13
Stskeepssonach: that06:14
Stskeeps's the rpm from obs cache?06:14
sonachStskeeps: from /srv/mer/mds/release-tools/obs-repos/Core:armv7l:latest/Core_armv7l/armv7el06:14
phinaliumzStskeeps: thanks, I will want to learn how to contribute in later time, when I have finished the projects currently taking all my time, meanwhile I'm just planning to hang out in here :)06:14
sonachStskeeps: on MerDS VM,06:14
Stskeepsphinaliumz: then feel welcome to do so :)06:15
Stskeepssonach: hmm06:15
Stskeepsthat's curious06:15
phinaliumzthanks :)06:15
Stskeepssonach: can you try in obs cache then?06:15
sonachStskeeps: you mean '/var/tmp/osbuild-packagecache/MerDS:Core:armv7l/Core_armv7l/armv7l'? nothing there,06:16
Stskeepssonach: hmmmm06:16
sonachStskeeps: go out for a moment :P06:16
Stskeepssonach: prefix your osc build call with -d06:17
*** niqt has joined #mer06:19
*** ericc has joined #mer06:20
*** pohly has joined #mer06:22
*** shrikrishna has joined #mer06:25
Stskeepsgood morning shrikrishna, pohly06:25
shrikrishnagood morning Stskeeps , how do you do?06:26
Stskeepsshrikrishna: fine thank you, got a day ahead of me testing out our new copy-whole-project OBS functionality06:26
*** tilgovi has quit IRC06:34
*** ssirkia has joined #mer06:34
*** phaeron has quit IRC06:41
*** kenya888_ has joined #mer06:41
sonachStskeeps: when do 'osc build -d xxx', slightly different from before: http://pastie.org/423013206:44
Stskeepssonach: ah, osc -d build06:45
Stskeepsnot osc build -d06:45
*** kenya888 has quit IRC06:45
sonachStskeeps: http://pastie.org/423013806:45
Stskeepssonach: ok, wget http://linux-7ayq.site/repositories/MerDS:/Core:/armv7l/Core_armv7l/armv7l/rpm-
Stskeepsand show me contents of that06:46
Stskeepsthat looks weird, by the way06:46
*** kenya888_ has quit IRC06:46
sonachStskeeps: very strange: http://pastie.org/423014506:48
sonachConnecting to linux-7ayq.site||:80... failed: Connection refused.  but 188.142 is my backend,06:48
Stskeepssonach: that's very strange indeed06:49
sonachStskeeps: why do you specify 'http://linux-7ayq.site/repositories/MerDS:/Core:/armv7l/Core_armv7l/armv7l/rpm-'?06:51
*** harbaum has joined #mer06:52
sonachStskeeps: and what VM will host 'repositories/MerDS:/Core:/armv7l/Core_armv7l/armv7l/rpm-' when it is normal?06:52
*** kenya888 has joined #mer06:53
Stskeepssonach: i am a bit confused on why your MerDS packages are on repository anyway06:53
sonachStskeeps: by the way, the building of WebUI is fine ...06:53
Stskeepsthat's even more strange06:53
Stskeepsjust a moment..06:53
Stskeepssonach: add --download-api-only to osc build06:55
*** gabriel9|work has joined #mer06:58
sonachStskeeps: it looks fine this time,06:59
sonachstill building....06:59
Stskeepssonach: ok06:59
*** kenya888_ has joined #mer06:59
*** daevis has quit IRC07:00
sonachStskeeps: build success,07:00
Stskeepsso something is screwy on your repositories side07:01
sonachStskeeps: what do you mean by 'on your repositories side'?07:01
sonachwhat VM?07:01
Stskeeps what is hosting /repositories/ perhaps07:02
sonachStskeeps: but in my opinion, nothing is hosting '/repositories/'...07:02
Stskeepssomething weird is going on, at least :)07:03
*** kenya888 has quit IRC07:03
sonachwill MerDS 'make update' help a bit?07:03
Stskeepsnot sure07:04
Stskeepscan you file this behaviour to bugs.*?07:04
Stskeepsit might be a problem on our side07:04
sonachand what is '--download-api-only' meaning? I don't find it under 'osc build --help'?07:05
Stskeepsit isn't documented07:05
Stskeepsit means, don't try to look on http repositories07:05
Stskeepsjust ask the sere07:05
sonachStskeeps: so what is the difference?07:05
Stskeepssonach: means it only asks the OBS API, and not the repositories that we use for image creation07:06
*** vilpan has joined #mer07:07
sonachStskeeps: but for image creation, the repos address should be specified, for example, why will the 'osc build' will look on the repos for image creation?07:07
sonachStskeeps: I mean, when i create image, i will specify the repos for image creation in the ks file,07:08
Stskeepssonach: because osc thinks that it may be more bandwidth efficient to grab a package from repository07:10
Stskeepswhich is typically mirrors07:10
*** nj3ma has joined #mer07:11
sonachStskeeps: so if osc grab packages from repos successfully, it will not grab them from OBS API, right/07:12
Stskeepssonach: correct07:12
sonachStskeeps: OK, so it will not affect our work too much :) i will file this to bugzilla,07:13
sonachStskeeps: and thank you very much for your time :)07:13
*** ericc has quit IRC07:15
lbtmorning all07:20
Stskeepsmorn lbt07:20
lbthey sonach07:21
lbtI wrote up our discussion recently07:21
Jeffrey04 /join #N907:21
lbtI'll send you a copy to confirm it's OK and then put it on the site after you make any changes you need to07:22
*** saya has joined #mer07:23
Stskeepsgood morning saya07:24
sayaGood morning :)07:25
*** yunta has joined #mer07:27
*** mikhas has joined #mer07:30
*** notmart has joined #mer07:31
*** notmart has joined #mer07:31
*** kimitake is now known as kimitake_idle07:32
*** imunsie has quit IRC07:35
*** eebrah has joined #mer07:36
Stskeepslbt: success in copyproject and change link07:37
lbtStskeeps: good stuff07:38
lbtI'll look at helping clean up the patch later07:39
lbtI want to finish the N900 minimal Mer first07:39
lbtso at the moment I'm on SW rendering07:40
Stskeepswhy? :P07:40
Stskeepsshow me .ks07:40
lbtwell, I thought due to that Xorg missing driver07:40
Stskeepsthat's just a silly thing about GLX07:40
Stskeepsdri is actually provided by the xorg driver07:40
lbtlet me boot it07:41
*** slaine has joined #mer07:42
slainemorning all07:44
Stskeepsmorn slaine07:44
*** smoku has joined #mer07:48
lbtStskeeps: http://pastie.org/423032807:48
lbtStskeeps: fyi ... the problem is that the QML shaders are not appearing - I get a moving pink rectangle07:48
Stskeepslbt: check .xsession-errors07:49
w00tlbt: sounds like a feature to me.. :-P07:49
w00tthe world needs more pink07:49
*** phaeron has joined #mer07:49
lbtw00t: :P07:50
Stskeepsphaeron: success in copyproject and change link07:50
lbtStskeeps: ah ... I was only focused on GLES not working - yep it's an error in .xsession07:51
*** ZiQiangHuan has joined #mer07:51
lbtw00t: too ^^07:51
lbtthat runs fine on the ExoPC07:51
Stskeepslbt: shaders are not always working sanely cross platform07:52
*** phaeron has quit IRC07:52
Stskeepsi'm not kidding07:52
lbtI know ...07:53
lbtthat's what makes it worse ... but yeah, it makes sense , it's passing through to underlying HW/SW implementations07:53
w00tsroedal: ^, maybe you have a suggestion?07:53
*** phaeron has joined #mer07:54
*** stefan_schmidt_w has joined #mer07:55
*** ravirdv has joined #mer07:58
Stskeepsmorn stefan_schmidt_w, ravirdv :)07:58
ravirdvmorning! :)07:59
stefan_schmidt_whi folks08:00
w00tah.. he's afk08:01
* w00t forgot08:01
sonachlbt: ok, so you will send the draft to my email?08:09
*** Attie has joined #mer08:19
*** wmarone has quit IRC08:21
*** wmarone has joined #mer08:32
*** kenya888_ has left #mer08:34
*** FSCV has joined #mer08:36
*** FSCV has quit IRC08:36
*** FSCV has joined #mer08:37
*** dcthang has joined #mer08:44
*** thetet has joined #mer08:56
Stskeepsmorn alterego08:59
anidelmorning chaps09:04
*** jonnor has joined #mer09:06
anidelthanks :)09:19
*** FSCV has quit IRC09:19
*** Kiranos_ is now known as 17SABK5WT09:22
*** 17SABK5WT is now known as Kiranos09:22
alteregoStill contemplating sending an angry tweet to Tizen about my name being removed from the dialer source.09:24
alteregoNot just mine, they've even removed the AUTHORS file09:24
leinirwell, that's pretty much illegal - surely they don't want /that/ particular problem :P09:25
alteregoWell, I've been wondering that if they change my contributions by n%, does that mean that it's more theirs than mine.09:26
X-Fadealterego: Did you verify that your code is still in there?09:29
*** arcean has joined #mer09:29
X-FadeHmm that is bad.09:29
alteregoThough you could argue that some of the files where they've replaced the header are based on my design, but have been quite heavily modified09:30
anidelwhich file is that?09:30
sledgeshow about tweeting at #tizen ?09:30
alteregoanidel: all the Qml files09:30
alteregoExcept maybe 2 or 3 of them.09:30
anideland, sorry, which package is it?09:32
w00talterego: where are you looking? http://meego.gitorious.org/meego-handset-ux/meego-handset-dialer/blobs/master/AUTHORS seems to contain you09:32
anideljust out of curiosity09:32
w00tas does all of the QML files I looked at09:33
alteregow00t: it's the source rpm in the Tizen download area.09:33
alteregoI don't think that project has been touched in ages.09:33
w00tno, it hasn't, i didn't know they kept the dialer at all09:33
*** decibyte has quit IRC09:33
w00t(not that I've been paying attention to tizen)09:34
alteregow00t: it's used in Tizen IVI, which is still largely MeeGo based.09:34
anidelhere? https://review.tizen.org/git/?p=profile/ivi/hfdialer.git;a=tree09:35
alteregoThat's it09:35
*** Attie has quit IRC09:35
alteregopick a random Qml file, all but three of those I wronte.09:36
*** Attie has joined #mer09:36
anidelthey now state Intel (C)09:37
anidelmaybe they asked it to Intel ?09:37
*** sonach has left #mer09:38
alteregoWell, someone mentioned yesterday that maybe they thought I was contracting for them, in which case it would be Intel IP. But I never was09:39
*** decibyte has joined #mer09:39
alteregobasysKom even tried to get a contract with them on my behalf, but they employed some other contractors for the new version. Which made me give up on the project late last year.09:39
anidelit all depends on who actually made the change. Intel or Samsung.09:40
alteregoNot samsung, this'll be Intel, as Samsung aren't doing the IVI stuff I don't think.09:40
w00talterego: i'd just send an email to e.g. dawn or shane - they'll know who to bump to fix it09:41
slaineWasn't there something early on where you had to give up copyright to anything you submitted ?09:41
alteregoslaine: that's the Qt project :P09:41
w00tQt does not require copyright assignment09:41
slaineWas the same for Moblin and MeeGo initially, though I thought MeeGo changed that09:41
alteregoThere was no disclaimer for MeeGo merge requests09:41
w00t(it requires copyright *license*, but you maintain ownership of your work)09:42
alteregoNot when I did it.09:42
Stskeepsalterego, file a big and as copyright owner request corrective action09:43
Stskeepsthat's simple and easy09:43
Stskeepsattach git commit shas09:43
*** dcthang has quit IRC09:45
alteregoThey have 2 revisions in the tizen git for that project.09:46
Stskeepsbut in original dialer09:46
Stskeepsproving your ownership09:46
alteregoI'll do it at some point.09:47
*** shrikrishna has quit IRC09:49
*** CissWit has joined #mer09:53
*** clopez has joined #mer09:54
*** dilinger has joined #mer09:54
mikhasalterego, sucks, kind-of09:56
*** dilinger has left #mer09:57
Stskeepshey CissWit09:57
StskeepsCissWit: welcome :) so what brings you here to #mer ?10:00
CissWitwas looking at jolla announcements, and wondering what was going on there too :)10:01
*** ZogG_laptop has joined #mer10:03
StskeepsCissWit: sure :) Jolla discussions are mostly in #jollamobile, but if you'd like to ask anything about Mer Core, or learn how to contribute, feel free to ask at any time, else feel free to hang out :)10:04
timophwild and geeky things happen here10:05
CissWitStskeeps: yes i know. I joined there too.10:05
Stskeepscool :)10:06
*** shrikrishna has joined #mer10:08
mikhasalterego, regarding copyright: they can *add* theirs, but never remove yours, unless you agreed to it10:08
alteregomikhas: yeah, that's what I thought10:09
mikhasalterego, what's the orignal license?10:09
mikhasdid you use AFL?10:09
mikhasalterego, the amount of rewrites to a certain file are irrelevant10:10
mikhasit would have to be a new file, in that case it would only carry their copyright10:10
mikhasmoving files around does not count as creating new files10:10
mikhasalterego, just ask some of the friendlier guys at Intel to clear up that issue10:11
mikhasan angry tweet will probably not get you the result you want10:11
alteregoThat's why I've not done the angry tweet :)10:12
alteregoIt was the Apache License, yes.10:12
lbta bug creates a public record with a polite start which may be the best approach10:13
*** jstaniek has quit IRC10:15
*** supreet has joined #mer10:15
*** M4rtinK has joined #mer10:16
*** arcean has quit IRC10:25
* alterego wonders why there isn't a QHash::values() -> QList10:29
alteregoApparently there is ..10:29
alteregoI thought there was.10:30
*** j_h has quit IRC10:31
*** denism has quit IRC10:32
*** supreet has left #mer10:32
anidelwow, is this true? http://www.slashgear.com/nokia-gifts-meego-patents-to-jolla-startup-10237812/10:41
anidelsorry, this is probably not the right place10:41
Stskeepsanidel: bad translation of finnish article10:41
lbtanidel: #jollamobile10:41
lbtdidn't see you there so just checking10:43
anidelI am not, I'm only in here10:43
Stskeepslbt: mer release management meeting in 15?10:45
* alterego watches as new dialer code takes shape.10:45
phaeronself replicating code ? :D10:45
alteregoYup, I'm growing it from a vat of bits and bytes.10:45
*** KaIRC has joined #mer10:46
ukaswhat are you making the dialer with?10:46
alteregoErm, qt creator?10:46
*** eman has quit IRC10:46
*** eman has joined #mer10:47
lbtStskeeps: yes10:47
ukasalterego: pure qml?10:47
alteregoukas: no only the UI is QML10:47
lbtanidel: ping10:50
anidellbt: ack10:50
lbtdo you have a timescale for wanting to get going on N900?10:50
lbtI'm almost done on a getting started - needs a little TLC10:50
lbtbut it'd help to prio things to understand10:51
anidelI was planning to play a few hours with it tomorrow10:51
lbtOK - you're my main customer for that10:51
lbtjust seeing some issues in the QML shader which I want to solve to show that GLES is working10:52
lbtI have ExoPC almost done10:52
lbtand N950 should be easy too10:52
lbtmain issue is getting an ssh session post boot - you need to find the IP address10:52
lbtit uses wifi automatically10:53
anidelonce I get to know what to do , I will put Mer on a N900, N950, probably my ExoPC, and a old Dell laptop10:53
anidelno prob10:53
lbtyeah - then the next really useful one is virtualbox10:53
lbtthis gives me a range of HAs for QA testing too10:54
timophbtw, does the vbox image behave any better nowadays with osx?11:03
Stskeepshow did it misbehave before?11:03
timophno terminal input + the fan went nuts11:03
*** tsdedst has joined #mer11:04
*** taziff has quit IRC11:04
timophwell. actually might be the easiest for me just to try :)11:04
*** taziff has joined #mer11:04
* timoph grabs the image11:05
*** ZiQiangHuan has quit IRC11:05
Sage_Stskeeps: I have ruby packages from opensuse with copypac (minor changes to build requirements bu nothing major). And now when building a gem it fails: https://build.pub.meego.com/package/live_build_log?arch=i586&package=rubygem-nokogiri&project=home%3Asage%3Amer%3Aruby&repository=Mer_Core_i48611:06
Sage_Stskeeps: it doesn't fail on opensuse with same packages11:06
Sage_also got impression from #obs channel that this patch is responsible of that https://build.pub.meego.com/package/view_file?file=rubygems-1.5.0_buildroot.patch&package=ruby19&project=home%3Asage%3Amer%3Aruby&rev=a19e1348706de702c88ce8b06ceb14b311:07
*** cxl000 has joined #mer11:09
StskeepsSage_: hmm11:09
*** vinsci has joined #mer11:11
phaeronSage_: did you apply that patch to mer rubygems package ?11:13
timophyep. the terminal doesn't work. gives a black screen11:13
*** arcean has joined #mer11:13
Stskeepstimoph: that's compositor issue11:14
Stskeepshappens on pc to11:14
alteregoNow for the hard bits :/11:15
*** affa has joined #mer11:16
Stskeepshello affa :)11:16
*** shrikrishna has quit IRC11:18
*** himamura has quit IRC11:18
timophdamn. pan to task switcher is hard to do with a mouse pointer11:20
timophStskeeps: everything else than the terminal seems to work though11:21
timophand the system-ui top menu11:23
*** lynxis has joined #mer11:31
Sage_phaeron: yes the ruby I have in home:sage:mer:ruby is copypac from opensuse and has the patch11:33
phaeronSage_: +    add_option(:"Install/Update", '--build-root DIR'11:38
phaeronSage_: maybe you need to add --build-root option11:38
phaeronchecking the build log to see11:38
Sage_phaeron: well, the thing is that I did copypac for all of the packages so if that is needed it should be already in there or opensuse builds shoudl fail as well, right?11:39
*** mikhas has quit IRC11:40
alteregoWhoops, I seem to inadvertantly added support for multi-sim and multi-modems. Have that Tizen :P11:47
*** luketheduke has quit IRC11:48
*** luketheduke has joined #mer11:48
*** Arro has joined #mer11:57
Stskeepshello Arro :)11:57
StskeepsArro: welcome :) so what brings you here to #mer ?11:59
ArroJust read a newsflash on the revival of Meego, based on Mer. Just interested to find more information12:00
lbtseen www.merproject.org ?12:00
StskeepsArro: sure :) for Jolla specific discussion, #jollamobile exists, else if you'd like to know more about Mer, or how to contribute, feel free to ask at any time :) else feel free to hang out and learn/watch/etc12:00
*** shrikrishna has joined #mer12:01
*** slaine has quit IRC12:01
ArroYes, I meant the Jolla discussion. Think this might be a good initiative12:01
ArroWill check #jollamobile as well, thanks!12:01
phaeronSage_: it's weird that only one file has that issue12:05
phaeronthe rest are installed correctly12:05
*** Arro has quit IRC12:06
*** nj3ma has quit IRC12:09
*** nj3ma has joined #mer12:10
*** pirut has joined #mer12:19
Stskeepsmorn pirut :)12:20
iekkudevils :)12:21
*** ovasyura has joined #mer12:23
pirutHey !12:23
Stskeepshello ovasyura :)12:23
*** denism has joined #mer12:24
*** blaroche_ has joined #mer12:24
Stskeepsovasyura: welcome :) so what brings you here to Mer? :)12:24
ovasyuraThank you. I want to jpoin to Jolla and next generation of MeeGo12:26
ovasyuraBut don't know how it is better to do.12:26
Stskeepsovasyura: sure :) Jolla discussion goes on in #jollamobile, but we develop the Core they use, here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask at any time, or would like to know  how to contribute to Mer -- else just feel free to hang out and get to learn more :)12:26
ovasyuraWhat way?12:26
*** thierry_troll has joined #mer12:26
Stskeepshello thierry_troll :)12:27
Stskeepsovasyura: it really depends on where you'd like to contribute :)12:27
Stskeepsthierry_troll: welcome :) so what brings you here to #mer ?12:28
thierry_trollI just saw a post on osnews12:28
Stskeepsooh. i haven't read that one12:28
thierry_trollAs I used to work for Trolltech/Nokia in Oslo, I'm still interested by everything around it12:28
thierry_trollwell it is not directly a post about mer but about Jolla using mer12:28
Stskeepsthierry_troll: sure :) #jollamobile exists for specific Jolla discussion, we develop the core here specifically, so if you have any questions about it, or would like to know how to contribute, feel free to ask at any time :) - else feel free to hang out and watch, learn, etc12:29
thierry_trolldo you guys have contributions from Qt directly or are you building on top of it?12:30
Stskeepsthierry_troll: we're using the output of qt project, qt project has a decent community and there's no need for us to do independent qt patches12:30
Stskeepsthierry_troll: in that sense we're more integrators, but when we find issues, we report upstream and submit patches12:31
thierry_trollmakes sense12:31
Stskeepsas we're pretty much typical mobile linux, x11, wayland, etc12:31
thierry_trollI do that too now that I'm not there any more12:31
timophyep. every linux distribution is basically a integration project12:31
Stskeepsi've personally been happy to see the qt project grow into a proper open project recently12:31
timophdevelopment gets contributed upstream12:31
Stskeepsconsidering many other companies' attempts at open source projects, it went pretty well12:32
Stskeepsthierry_troll: so what area did you work with, if you can say?12:33
thierry_trollI can say12:33
thierry_trollI worked with the "old style" widgets, item views, toolbars, mainwindows12:34
thierry_trollI was also in charge of the animation framework12:34
Stskeepscool - i saw amazing things done with animation framework in the past12:34
thierry_trolland later was in charge of the team developing the QtQuick components12:34
timophheh. I packaged the initial version of the animation framework for fremantle :)12:34
Stskeepsthierry_troll: many of us here are previously from meego.com and harmattan, so we're not total amateurs doing this stuff :)12:35
thierry_trollI never said anything like that ;)12:36
Stskeepsyeah, just stating :)12:36
Stskeepssometimes it's dangerous to give professionals too much free time by laying them off ;)12:36
Stskeepsqtquick components - as in qt-components, or qtquick itself?12:36
ovasyuraStskeeps: I don't know exactly about contribution.  I worked on different Qt issues for Harmattan and MeeGo including speech recognition using Sphinx  engine.12:36
Stskeepsovasyura: speech recognition sounds quite interesting - I know that at least in the past, many IVI solutions used that12:37
ovasyuraAnd no w searching new possibility to continue in MeeGo based development.12:37
Stskeepson core level, we have https://bugs.merproject.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&emailassigned_to1=1&order=Importance&bug_severity=task&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=TRIAGEDUPSTREAM&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=not-taken&emailtype1=substring listing available tasks for taking12:37
*** thetet has quit IRC12:38
Stskeepssome good in order to learn how to contribute in a good way12:38
*** phaeron has quit IRC12:39
*** yunta has quit IRC12:39
*** phaeron has joined #mer12:40
ovasyuraYes. IVI solutions in MeeGo used Sphinx. I created first draft Qt library and QML plugins to use this feature in any Qt or QML applications.  But unfortunately it was not interested after dropping MeeGo by Nokia.12:41
Stskeepssounds quite interesting :)12:42
Stskeepsone thing i hope people will do with Mer, is not just look at handset, tablet, etc, but also try UIs out of the ordinary12:42
thierry_trollStskeeps: qt-components12:43
Stskeepsthierry_troll: cool - i'm a fan :)12:43
leiniryou and many others, good stuff going on there :)12:44
*** slaine has joined #mer12:45
phaeronSage_: looking at the ruby gem12:49
*** FSCV has joined #mer12:52
ZogG_laptopStskeeps, what is the minimum install of mer?13:02
ZogG_laptopi mean the size13:02
StskeepsZogG_laptop: hmm, moment13:03
StskeepsZogG_laptop: 98mb, 33mb compressed13:03
Stskeepsthat's bootable, FWIW13:04
*** yunta has joined #mer13:05
StskeepsZogG_laptop: 131 mb with mesa llvmpipe, 160 with connman, ofono, wpa_supplicant, bluez on top, compressed 54mb13:08
ZogG_laptopStskeeps, wait, i'm searching for some device, wondered if it's possible to have sort of mer there.13:08
ZogG_laptopStskeeps, btw on site i search i see that Nokia gave some patents of Meego to Jolla, is it true? and do they talk about harmattan or meego itself as meego afaik opensource13:09
StskeepsZogG_laptop: no, mistranslation13:09
ZogG_laptopthought so =)13:11
smokuZogG_laptop: https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations13:11
smokuZogG_laptop: also https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Community_Workspace#Device_Adaptations13:12
lbtand http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Getting_Started is getting there13:13
ZogG_laptopsmoku, Stskeeps i think the problem here is size - http://www.picotux.com/13:13
StskeepsZogG_laptop: we don't support ARM7 sory13:14
ZogG_laptoplbt, smoku i read it yeasterday actually partly, but my knowledge is limited =(13:14
*** RhymeswA has quit IRC13:16
* smoku is running Mer on standard-issue Intel i5 laptop as primary OS with no problems lately ;-)13:16
Stskeepssmoku: with what UI on top13:16
smokuso finding a hardware to run Mer on is not that difficult ;-)13:16
smokuStskeeps: Mutter13:17
Stskeepssmoku: alright13:17
Stskeepssmoku: btw, should we find a new time for homebrew?13:17
smokuStskeeps: definitely13:17
Stskeepsi have my birthday this weekend, but after that..13:17
Stskeeps(keeping a quiet one)13:18
smokuStskeeps: nevertheless, I will bring a crate to SmartDevCon ;-)13:18
Stskeepshehe :)13:18
ZogG_laptopStskeeps, i'll quote you on comments of the news that it's mistranslation, is it ok with you?13:18
*** thetet has joined #mer13:19
StskeepsZogG_laptop: there's a comment by a nokia's communications guy saying same thing13:19
ZogG_laptopok, but it would be ok to quote you too?13:19
ZogG_laptopor you prefer not to?13:19
Stskeepsno quote from me, just refer to https://twitter.com/markdurrant13:20
ZogG_laptopas well i want to tell people if they interested they can read (mer wiki) and i want to mention #jollamobile and #mer channels on freenode.13:20
*** niqt has quit IRC13:22
*** vgrade has joined #mer13:25
*** Estel_ has quit IRC13:25
Stskeepshey vgrade13:25
*** gabrbedd has joined #mer13:25
*** vgrade2 has quit IRC13:27
*** francois__ has joined #mer13:28
ZogG_laptopStskeeps, i metioned twitter link to tweet that says it's misstranslation and said if anyone want to help, may join #mer (i posted getting started link), and i said as well people are welcome on #mer #jolla and #jollamobile. It's one of the IT sites (though lately it's more yellow press, but there are a lot of guru there and linux guru as well). So i hope it would recruite some new people. I may also make post there about getting invol13:28
ZogG_laptopved in mer/jolla if you think it can help =P13:28
Stskeepshello francois__ :)13:29
francois__I'm new to Mer and currently browsing the wiki :-) Especially the page on SB2...13:30
francois__it seems the obs is currently down?13:30
Stskeepsfrancois__: yess, that's something we're investigating13:31
Stskeepsit's not down in backend13:31
Stskeepsfrontend just stalls :)13:31
Stskeepslet me just kick it13:31
francois__ok :)13:31
Stskeepsit's not normally this unreliable, but you know with murphy's law13:32
Stskeepsfrancois__: so what are you interested in about the SB2 stuff/13:32
francois__I think I've heard about it already, yes ;)13:32
francois__well actually I've been working with MeeGo for a year now13:33
francois__as part of my job13:33
Stskeepscool :)13:33
francois__and I would like to standardize somehow our ways of working13:34
Stskeepsi worked on the stuff to integrate SB2 into OBS, it made for a much cleaner solution13:34
francois__yes I've read several threads about it13:34
francois__it looks really promising13:34
Stskeepswell, meego as a project is dead, but i think we're a worthy successor here :)13:34
*** merder has joined #mer13:34
phaeronSage_: so I found a workaround but I am still trying to understand why it breaks13:35
phaeronit really looks like something weird with mer's bash or grep or something13:35
Stskeepsphaeron: perhaps gplv3 issue?13:35
Stskeepsfrancois__: if you don't mind me asking, what category of device types are you using meego within?13:35
francois__set top boxes :)13:36
Stskeeps:nod: we also have other people working with mer and STBs here, though in china13:36
Stskeepspart of the problem on for example intel, is that their HW adaptation for CE4100 or something, isn't exactly public13:36
francois__I know...13:37
Stskeepsfrancois__: we also have a development project with minimal footprint mer, useful for STBs13:38
Stskeepswith systemd, busybox, etc13:38
phaeronStskeeps: hmm ?13:38
Stskeepsphaeron: we aren't exactly on a modern coreutils/grep/etc13:38
phaeronrunning the commands in the script doesn't produce output --> correct. during the build it behaves differently13:39
phaerondigging more deeply13:39
francois__Stskeeps: thanks for kicking the server :)13:39
Stskeepsfrancois__: no problem, it's a bit hard to see it in practice, but look at Core:armv7l13:39
Stskeepsit is very transparent build13:39
Stskeepsno modifications to packages, it's like a very fast arm builder machine13:40
francois__My goal is to build all our packages for our various platforms using the same core sources13:40
Stskeepsmakes sense13:40
francois__so I'll probably be testing sb2 for x86/arm/sh4 and mips :)13:41
Stskeepscould you believe we do mer on a 300eur/month infra budget, for ARMv6, ARMv7 softfp/hardfp, Atom, generic X86, MIPS32?13:41
Stskeepswith QA build checks and such13:41
ZogG_laptopit is cheap isn't it? but do people using it donate or support you?13:42
Stskeepswe have 6-7 of approximately these: http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex513:42
StskeepsZogG_laptop: i pitch in like half myself, it's not a very heavy cost13:43
*** taziff has quit IRC13:43
ZogG_laptopStskeeps, it just seems unfair, while some people contribute power and moneu in OSS just to make it better, and there are people who use it for free just for profit =)13:44
StskeepsZogG_laptop: such is open source - in Mer, we're a co-operative, if you're using us, we expect you to pitch back in, but we can't force you13:44
Stskeepsit just means we're happier sharing a common resource when you do :)13:44
ZogG_laptopStskeeps, is there way to make free user/paid corporate thing? =) than you can use those money maybe to upgrade or something13:44
StskeepsZogG_laptop: the sometimes awful truth is that it's actually the users who are the heavy loaders on infra ;)13:45
ZogG_laptopStskeeps, i do donations as much as i can, but mostly for things i do use, involved in. For now i'm lurking around and learning, so i hope be more involved in Mer and than could donate, but the goal is to donate with improving it and not only money =P13:47
StskeepsZogG_laptop: :nod:13:47
Stskeepsand that's a contribution in itself too13:47
Sage_phaeron: what is the workaround if I may ask?13:48
*** DocScrutinizer has quit IRC13:49
*** DocScrutinizer has joined #mer13:49
ZogG_laptopyes, i believe that if i use something and i want it to be better i need to give something back. 1) it would show that work is appriciated and give motivations to devs 2) it just literally helps to make product better and make it faster as HR do cost money, servers do cost money and so on. And if people would never contribute (if it is server/hosting/code/money/testing/bug reports/patches) there would be no Linux today =)13:50
phaeronSage_: export QA_SKIP_BUILD_ROOT="yes" in the %install section13:51
*** DocScrutinizer05 has quit IRC13:52
*** DocScrutinizer05 has joined #mer13:52
Sage_phaeron: ah, so it skips the test that fails?13:54
lbtphaeron: Stskeeps have you done about 17 obs projcopy tests today13:56
*** Eismann has quit IRC13:56
lbtand possibly used delayedapi ?13:56
Stskeepslbt: not used delayedapi13:56
*** Eismann has joined #mer13:56
lbtfe has a load of orphaned :    Rails: /srv/www/obs/api13:57
Stskeepsmaybe that's why13:57
Stskeepsit times out for me on client side13:57
lbtyeah - so delayedapi avoids the timeout but is poor for CI due to async13:57
Stskeepslbt: i just restarted stuff ~30 mins ago13:57
Stskeepsand no copyprj after that13:57
phaeronlbt: didn't touch ci13:58
lbtrestart apache13:58
phaeronSage_: yes13:58
*** jstaniek has joined #mer13:58
lbtOk - these processes are 2:15hrs hold13:58
Stskeepsthat's not good is it13:59
Stskeepscan you look at passenger config?13:59
lbtso that looks like the resource leak13:59
lbtyeah, was actually doing that - it's sane13:59
lbtmem use is v.v.high13:59
phaeronSage_: and the results do not contain rpm_build_root which confirms that the script is misbehaving13:59
phaeronlbt: when were the jobs created in the db ?13:59
phaeronthey could be old tests13:59
phaeronfrom Stskeeps13:59
lbtah, nice .. pid is in logs14:00
lbt[INFO |#32758] Completed in 16ms (View: 0, DB: 2) | 200 [http://api-ci/source/home:Admin:eval-sb2/sb2-tools-armv7l/sb2-tools-armv7l.spec?rev=178533bc9dbe62ab68ab4d44059106ac]14:00
lbtis the last msg of a hung api14:00
Stskeepsthat sounds recent14:01
Stskeepsas francois__ was looking at it14:01
Sage_phaeron: I did grep in the buildroot while building and I found the dir there14:02
lbtcan I stop fe for a moment ?14:03
francois__Stskeeps: Oh and btw I can't access the Core:armv7l rpm repository: looks like the server name is wrong: http://obs:82/Core:/armv7l/Core_armv7l14:04
Stskeepsfrancois__: yeah, they're on http://repo.ci.merproject.org/repos/14:04
lbtyes, the Passenger stuff is not cleaning up at all well14:04
Sage_btw, what is fe?14:04
Stskeepsor repositories, i forget14:04
StskeepsSage_: mer CI14:04
Stskeepsfrancois__: webui-ci is our 'not so much for humans' OBS :)14:04
Sage_why not call it mer CI ? :D14:04
lbtSage_: frontend ... apache/webui/api14:04
Sage_ah... frontend = fe14:05
Stskeepsfrancois__: so not everything is configured to be human friendly14:05
francois__Stskeeps: no probelm!14:05
phaeronSage_: what do you mean you did grep14:06
phaeronSage_: all the files in the buildroot do not contain the buildroot repeated in their path14:06
Sage_phaeron: build the package locally when it failed went to the buildroot and checked if I can find it14:06
phaeronSage_: yes it is there, but the files installed there do not have the buildroot repeated in their path14:07
lbthmm - OK the Rails: apps are reparented to 1 in normal operation14:08
lbtbut there should only be 2 each webui/api14:08
Sage_phaeron: so where does that disappear in the middle?14:08
phaeronSage_: the check wants to make sure the rpm does not contain files that will be installed to <build_root>/usr/bin/bla14:09
phaeronetc ..14:09
Stskeepsphaeron: or refers to it14:09
phaeronhmm I didn't see the check for refers14:09
phaeronlet me check14:09
lbthttp://www.rubyenterpriseedition.com/ mmm ?14:09
Stskeepslbt: i don't want anything i can't read the source of14:10
Stskeepsthat does include perl14:10
alteregoNow to do some testing of my new dialer management code.14:10
lbtit's OSS14:10
lbtbut aimed at servers...14:11
Sage_phaeron: even with your export I get rubygem-nokogiri.i586: E: file-contains-buildroot (Badness: 10000) /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/nokogiri-1.5.5/lib/nokogiri/nokogiri.so14:12
Sage_from rpmlint14:12
Sage_phaeron: we building the same stuff? :)14:12
phaeronyes but it skips that test. just now I saw the check you mentioned14:13
phaeronhowever strings on the so file doesn't show that string !14:13
Sage_well, maybe it is obfuscated somehow ;)14:14
phaeronand grep obfuscates it how ?14:14
Sage_%{S:0} <- what that extends to?14:18
Sage_%gem_install %{S:0}14:19
Sage_if it is only one value the --build-root isn't actually called ever: http://pastie.org/423189014:19
*** ravirdv has quit IRC14:20
Sage_err... nm.14:20
Sage_ge no gt14:20
Sage_but still what that extends to ?14:20
Sage_source0 ?14:21
*** lynxis has quit IRC14:26
phaeronyeah I think so14:28
phaeronSage_: the --build-root is called in the make step14:28
*** tsdedst has quit IRC14:29
Sage_vgrade: please don't reply to old messages in ML about new meetings. :D14:31
Sage_vgrade: the latest community OBS replacement meeting can't be found here: http://www.mail-archive.com/mer-general@lists.merproject.org/ but is linked to very old thread :D14:32
Sage_second page and there14:32
*** zeq has joined #mer14:37
*** goku12 has joined #mer14:38
*** yunta has quit IRC14:41
*** goku12 has quit IRC14:44
*** eman has quit IRC14:47
*** eman has joined #mer14:47
*** shrikrishna has quit IRC14:51
*** sirdancealot4 has joined #mer14:56
*** goku12 has joined #mer14:59
*** eebrah has quit IRC15:02
*** thetet has quit IRC15:02
*** himamura has joined #mer15:03
* alterego starts working on audio & visual notifications15:03
*** Eismann_ has joined #mer15:03
*** Eismann has quit IRC15:04
*** eebrah has joined #mer15:04
*** phinaliumz has quit IRC15:04
*** eebrah is now known as Guest5519015:05
*** harbaum has quit IRC15:06
*** himamura_ has joined #mer15:06
*** ssirkia has quit IRC15:07
*** shrikrishna has joined #mer15:08
*** vgrade_ has joined #mer15:09
*** himamura has quit IRC15:09
*** goku12 has quit IRC15:09
*** Guest55190 is now known as ibrah15:10
vgrade_OBS Meeting in #mer-meeting in 45 mins. http://www.mail-archive.com/mer-general@lists.merproject.org/msg00596.html15:12
* Stskeeps will join15:13
*** phaeron has quit IRC15:16
*** goku12 has joined #mer15:25
*** slaine has quit IRC15:30
*** Jeffrey04 has left #mer15:31
*** affa has quit IRC15:32
*** ibrah has quit IRC15:35
*** gabriel9|work has quit IRC15:45
*** dudedude has joined #mer15:47
*** zanoni has joined #mer15:52
*** NIN101 has joined #mer15:52
francois__Stskeeps: looks the server is down again :(15:53
Stskeepsfrancois__: yeah we're debugging the server stalls15:53
Stskeepshello dudedude and zanoni15:53
francois__Ok... Guess I'll try again tomorrow then :-)15:54
lbtshould be OK now15:54
Stskeepsfrancois__: yep, any questions on sb2 obs solution i'll gladly answer15:54
francois__thanks a lot15:55
francois__I just compiled acl from Core:armv7l and looking around the chroot abnd /target to get a grasp at how things are working together! Really cool!15:56
Stskeepszanoni: welcome :) so what brings you to #mer?15:56
*** smoku has quit IRC15:57
*** Anssi138 has quit IRC15:59
*** phaeron has joined #mer16:01
*** ovasyura has quit IRC16:02
*** arc_mat has joined #mer16:03
zanoniStskeeps, the news about jolla :P I'm googling about the project and found that i's based on mer, is that correct?16:03
Stskeepszanoni: yup16:03
*** mikhas has joined #mer16:04
lbtzanoni: have you seen www.merproject.org page .. some backhistory on there16:04
Stskeepszanoni: #jollamobile is good for specific jolla discussion, but for anything Mer related, feel free to ask in here at any time, or on how to contribute, etc :) else feel free to hang out and watch/learn16:05
zanonilbt, yup, reading it right now16:05
*** kimitake_idle is now known as kimitake16:06
zanoniStskeeps, tks, I'm interested in the mer project. Are you guys looking for developers?16:08
Stskeepszanoni: of course :) we're a open source, openly governed project16:08
zanoniStskeeps, :) So I'll read the contribution guidelines16:09
Stskeepszanoni: get http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Platform_SDK first, and then https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Contribution_in_detail and then see what tasks are available or bugs to be fixed in bugzilla :)16:10
zanoniStskeeps, ok tks :)16:10
*** ali1234 has quit IRC16:11
lbtzanoni: what's your area16:14
Stskeepszanoni: always happy to see indt people around, you people have done some serious cool stuff in mobile linux through the times16:14
zanonilbt, Qt mobile application16:14
zanonilbt, currently workink on a qtquick game engine (well, "framework")16:15
lbtOK, good16:16
*** thierry_troll has quit IRC16:16
lbtyou may be interested in getting a minimal Mer running on various devices to act as a test bed then16:17
zanonilbt, yup16:18
zanonilbt, going to lunch now, we talk more later :)16:19
Stskeepsenjoy :)16:19
lbtwe'll be here16:20
*** saya has quit IRC16:22
*** stefan_schmidt_w has quit IRC16:22
*** Attie has quit IRC16:24
*** rettichschnidi has joined #mer16:25
shrikrishnaapple's crown jewel is not really iPhone or iPad, it's this - http://rww.to/Ne3ERi16:26
shrikrishnait's a tragedy they are using it even now :-/16:27
*** merder has quit IRC16:32
*** niqt has joined #mer16:37
*** lpotter has quit IRC16:37
*** vilpan has quit IRC16:42
*** niqt has quit IRC16:44
*** ali1234 has joined #mer16:47
*** gimli has joined #mer16:48
*** merder has joined #mer16:55
*** andre__ has joined #mer16:56
*** andre__ has joined #mer16:56
*** anidel_home has joined #mer17:05
anidel_homelbt: ping17:06
vgrade_OBS Meeting http://mer.bfst.de/meetings/mer-meeting/2012/mer-meeting.2012-07-10-16.00.html17:06
lbtanidel_home: pong17:06
anidel_home:) got something for me?17:06
lbtnearly - had in my head tomorrow :)17:07
lbtjust running some tests - can share them though17:07
anidel_homeyou *had* it your head *tomorrow* ??? and then? came back in time? :p17:07
*** vgrade_ has left #mer17:08
lbtI have so many times in my head ... it's very confusing, especially yesterday17:08
lbthaving a monday in your head on a friday is the worst17:09
anidel_homeit is indeed...17:09
lbtlet me syntax check this ks17:09
lbtI've not tested it yet :)17:14
lbtsuggee=bz2 mmm17:15
anidel_home:) no prob. Will play with it asap17:15
*** pohly has quit IRC17:17
anidel_homeso you need u-boot installed on the device, right?17:19
*** iluminator105 has joined #mer17:19
anidel_home'cause we're going to boot from the microsd17:19
lbtyes, that's right17:20
*** alexxy has quit IRC17:22
anidel_homegrabbing a microsd17:22
lbtyou need to monitor your dhcp/wifi to see the IP unless you have dyndns17:23
anidel_homeI will check my router's clients and figure out the IP it assigned to the device17:26
lbtyeah - we could do something in QML17:26
lbtburning now ...17:27
*** iluminator105 has quit IRC17:27
*** alexxy[home] has joined #mer17:28
anidel_homeI remember I had a 2Gb lying around...17:29
*** merder has quit IRC17:29
anidel_homeoh well will use camera's 8Gb one17:29
Stskeepsjust remember it razes the entire sd usually17:30
Stskeepsso don't remove your firstborn's pictueres ;)17:30
anidel_homeeheh I know what it does :) copying pictures as we chat17:30
lbtI have a firstborn -   eek!!!17:30
anidel_homemoreover there's no risk for that. Don't have any firstborn :p just mistborn!!17:30
KypeliThis sure is a noob question, so please bear with me; I am trying to find some overview docs of Mer to understand what it is now and what the roadmap might be.17:31
KypeliAnd what would be the best place to see the current packages in Mer core?17:31
lbtKypeli: sure17:31
lbthave you seen the www.merproject.org page?17:31
anidel_homeoh right, home laptop, need to follow Platform SDK first again.17:31
KypeliYeah. And I've tried to browse the wiki as well to find info.17:31
*** CosmoHill has joined #mer17:31
StskeepsKypeli: https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Architecture is work in progress, and roadmap.. some of it is really in the tasks we do17:31
KypeliThere's a lot of it - that's the problem :)17:31
lbtOK ... and http://gitweb.merproject.org/gitweb/17:32
lbtKypeli: yes, there is17:32
KypeliStskeeps: Thanks! But that's up to date right now?17:32
StskeepsKypeli: that's quite up to date, no big changes - the overall picture, of mer, is simply a core that serves to run qt well17:32
KypeliOk, thanks. I'll start from here.17:33
Stskeepswell, qt/qml and html5, that is17:33
lbtKypeli: the most accurate data comes from looking at our day-to-day systems17:33
Stskeepsit's sometimes hard to make a concrete roadmap when you don't have a corporate overreaching goal :P17:33
Stskeepsand teams and budgets17:33
Kypelilbt: Ok :) Takes some time to form a coherent picture.17:33
Stskeepsbut we'd like to move towards lower footprint, improve systems around mer, improve QA17:33
Stskeepsease of use for productization17:33
KypeliStskeeps: Good goals!17:33
lbtKypeli: *nod*17:33
lbtKypeli: don't forget, Mer is more than just code17:34
lbtwe offer a lot of supporting systems and processes17:34
KypeliStskeeps: So who's making the "decisions" on if some new package is needed / which packages to update? Anyone can do it via bug reports and then decided in weekly meetings?17:34
Kypelilbt: Sure.17:34
StskeepsKypeli: basically - governance wise we have architect (me), technical leads and maintainers17:34
Kypelilbt: So basically, the best way to get involved and understand Mer is to just jump in? :)17:34
Stskeepswe don't really have a per-package maintainer as everybody can pitch in everywhere17:35
Stskeepsand we're big on review17:35
lbtI was just helping anidel_home setup a minimal mer on an n90017:35
lbtso having a device to play on is a good start17:35
lbtthat introduces you to SDK, image building17:35
StskeepsKypeli: the central places is release meeting, bug triage and advisory board meeting17:35
lbtthen the OBS and submitting fixed17:35
*** jonnor has quit IRC17:35
KypeliI have an N900... somewhere :) But would VMWare Player be ok too for the sake of speed?17:36
StskeepsKypeli: some people get 60fps in virtual17:36
lbtit will be soon ... but I've not written those docs yet17:36
KypeliAh ok, Virtual Box. That's ok too :)17:36
Stskeepsas that's where vendors and contributors work together on what's needed.. and the goal with Mer is each time we release, we release stable17:36
Stskeepsie, continous integration, etc17:36
KypeliThe only way to do it, IMHO17:36
Stskeepsand because we're only ~340 packages, we can actually have hope of ever QA'ing it17:37
KypeliAll meetings are on #mer-meeting? Not specific channels for per discussion?17:37
Stskeepshttps://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Process is the process we're working to set up17:37
Kypeli340 is quite managable.17:37
Stskeepspart of the goal is also to distribute out QA effort to vendors, so they report back on every single change proposed17:38
Stskeepsusually automated17:38
Stskeepsso an approver can assess if this will cause red lights in some vendor17:38
*** lizardo has joined #mer17:39
KypeliHow automated is the QA already? For all packages already or we're getting there? This info is also on Gerrit or..?17:39
Kypeli...err, I should just read the Process wiki first17:39
Stskeepsnot good enough. we currently build test and to some degree smoke test images, with UIs and HW on top17:39
lbtwell, there's design and there's reality17:39
KypeliYep :)17:39
Stskeepsbut we're actively working to make it better17:39
lbtwe use a very flexible automation system17:40
Stskeepsjust some parts tend to take time :)17:40
lbtand some roadblocks are bigger than they seem17:40
lbtso Kypeli what's your background/interest ?17:40
KypeliWell - I built on the N9 for 2.5 years.17:40
KypeliBefore that was briefly involved in Maemo in other parts as well.17:41
KypeliI should basically know everything about the Contacts app on the N9 ;)17:41
KypeliBut I have a strong Linux background in general, but never found the right open source project to work with. Mer seems to fit that pretty well17:42
*** lpotter has joined #mer17:42
iekkuwelcome :)17:42
Stskeepsone other feature of mer.. we're difficult to kill17:42
lbtsounds familiar actually17:42
KypeliThanks :)17:42
*** merder has joined #mer17:42
Stskeepsthe core is reproducable on own OBS'es with ease17:42
Stskeepsa local copy of the git trees will make sure you can continue it17:43
Stskeepsit seems like a useful feature after feb1117:43
KypeliI'll give myself time to let all this sink. Mer, as any big SW effort, has many moving parts.17:43
KypeliBut I alrady installed the SDK and I'll take it from there.17:43
KypeliExpect many more silly questions ;)17:44
Stskeepsstart out small and work your way up - and don't be scared when Sage -117:44
Stskeeps's your contributiosn17:44
lbtanidel_home: so that image demos a reboot loop quite nicely :/17:44
Stskeepshe means well :)17:44
KypeliWell, I know Sage from my work before he joined Jolla - he's nice :)17:44
lbtsame Sage?17:44
anidel_homelbt : ah! :)17:46
Stskeepslbt: just to let you know, i'm doing a 'grabtag' to avoid us moving to MDS2 yet on be17:47
*** neplul has joined #mer17:47
*** shanxS has joined #mer17:47
lbtStskeeps: OK17:48
Stskeepslbt: what it does is simple, it updates packages-git/, re-runs the mappings cache, and checks out the parameter (tag) in obs-projects/Core:tag, from packages-git/mer/project-core17:48
Stskeepslbt: and adds Core:tag:<all the archs> to the mappings.xml17:48
Stskeepshello neplul :)17:48
Stskeepsand welcome back shanxS17:48
lbtOK, makes sense17:48
shanxShey Stskeeps17:48
shanxShow is it going ?17:48
anidel_homeif the N900 fails to boot on its own the Maemo PR1.3, is there any log I can check ?17:49
StskeepsshanxS: quite good, thanks17:49
anidel_homeI usually have to boot mine 2-3 times before actually having Maemo starting up17:49
Stskeepsanidel_home: sounds like low battery17:49
lbtOK ... putting food on to cook before hitting this image again17:50
anidel_homestskeeps: nope, it's fully charged.17:50
Stskeepsanidel_home: hmm17:50
anidel_homeand it seems it wants the keyboard open. I'm in RD mode and no kenerl-power. Wanted to check if there's some long somewhere17:51
Stskeepsanidel_home: hmm, rd mode is usually good to disable17:52
Stskeepsit has not that many practical implications on n90017:52
Stskeepsand it changes bootup procedure a bit17:52
anidel_homeit's been in R&D mode since I got it :D17:52
Stskeepslbt: the idea is that to iterate, i tag in project core (or for a given change), push tags, grabtag, then ask a copyproject to happen from older tag project, change <link> in target project to point to new fakeobs Core:tag. i do this first for i486, then i link up rest of architectures against this i486 copy17:52
anidel_homemay be I can try removing it...bear in mind this is a proto, so it can be something else, but it never showed this behavior until recently17:53
Stskeepsah, no ideas on protos17:53
Stskeepsthey have really bizarre behaviour at times :)17:53
anidel_homeit never showed for years...so I guess is not it. This particular one has always behaved consistently. Anyway...fine :)17:54
shanxSnow that Platform SDK download is complete.. it looks like next thing I need is a Linux box to start my adventure...17:54
shanxSmmm.. whare can I find Linux machine at 12 in night ..?17:54
StskeepsshanxS: virtual machine17:55
shanxSahh.. dumb me... :P17:55
*** jmk_ has joined #mer17:57
*** neplul has quit IRC17:58
jmk_so many new names, so few old ones :P17:59
*** ZogG_laptop has quit IRC18:02
Stskeepswelcome jmk :)18:02
*** merder has quit IRC18:02
Stskeepsgood to see you here too18:03
jmk_thnx :). nice to be back actually18:03
*** ZogG_laptop has joined #mer18:03
jmk_kinda seriously appreciate what you guys are up to, my hats off to you :-)18:04
Stskeepsthanks - it's a bit insane to some degree, but i think we're doing good stuff here :)18:04
Stskeepsand not just for jolla, but also for other companies wanting to do devices18:05
jmk_have to admit did not follow you guys properly before, you forked off from meego.com ?18:05
Stskeepsyeah, meego 1.318:05
jmk_oh noes ;)18:05
Stskeepsi spent a couple of weeks sizing it down, making it easy to rebuild on a low budget (300eur/month) -- low QA footprint, etc18:05
jmk_just kidding. you did strip platform security, did you ;) ?18:05
StskeepsMSSF never really made it into meego.com18:06
Stskeepskind of interested in what the tizen people are doing though, in this area18:06
jmk_yeah aegis no, but the new stuff yes18:06
jmk_I know actually since I'm following that 'really close'18:06
Stskeepsmer's open for security experimentation as well18:07
jmk_and struggle is not that small but if you are without all that then you should be fine I guess..18:07
jmk_I think we did quite decently in M project since I think we managed to bother people least with it18:08
Stskeepsyeah.. my own personal belief is that we're going towards a future where devices are very promiscious, taking apps from here and there and where user privacy is key as well18:08
Stskeepsso in that case, yes, damnit, i want something to really product my data18:08
Stskeepser, protect18:08
*** BeholdMyGlory has quit IRC18:09
jmk_meego.com/tizen stuff is ultra heavy for this purpose, stay away from it ;)18:09
jmk_they have 30 people doing that18:09
Stskeepsyeah, i think some of them might be in here too :)18:09
*** eebrah has joined #mer18:09
Stskeepsi think pirut's doing some stuff18:10
jmk_brian :-)18:10
*** alexxy[home] is now known as alexxy18:10
*** lpotter has quit IRC18:11
jmk_ok, granted he is18:11
*** Behold has joined #mer18:11
jmk_so he should for sure know18:11
anidel_homelbt: getting started has a slight error: --compress-disk-imag should be --compress-disk-image I guess18:11
Stskeepsat the same time, we do also have challenges in distribution security to consider18:11
jmk_did you see what we did in M project?18:12
Stskeepsi was amazed to find a bunch of CVE's in meego as well18:12
*** lpotter has joined #mer18:12
Stskeepsno, i didn't get into that, or can talk about in public if i did :)18:12
*** eebrah has quit IRC18:12
Stskeepsprobably better i don't know much :)18:12
Stskeepsbut we've started work on automating CVE checking in the distro as well18:13
jmk_actually we had grants for open sourcing all that18:13
Stskeepsreally cleaning up the metadata, etc18:13
jmk_and were DOING that, just TWO DAYS late :-)18:13
Stskeepsah :)18:13
Stskeepswell, then i'm all ears :)18:13
jmk_seriously, whole thing would have gone OSS had the announcement been 2 days later :-)18:13
Stskeepspersonally i think the whole qml thing, or for that matter html5, puts another light on security as well18:14
Stskeepsbut i'm not really a security export, even though i did pass cryptography quite well ;)18:14
jmk_anyway, we had the permissions.* stuff from suse for all filesystem permissions; filesystem capabilities in use (via similar config file than those permissions) and then just run things with proper users18:14
jmk_does not get any easier than that18:14
Stskeepssounds quite nice indeed18:15
jmk_yeah I think it cannot be done much easier than that....18:15
*** wicket64 has joined #mer18:16
jmk_just requires filesystem that supports xattrs and the security namespace in it18:16
Stskeepsyeah, not difficult if using ext418:16
iekkuuh, i must be tired i read all the time jmk_'s nick as a jmke (band)18:17
jmk_kinda android, but just bit better in the sense that we had fs caps as well18:17
Stskeepseither way, mer's open for experimentation, contributions, whatever people want to do with it18:17
Stskeepswe run a bit with the principle that we expect people to sometimes semi-fork it and do what's needed with it, as well, running their own builds18:18
jmk_you have instructions how to generate an image?18:18
Stskeepssure, grab Mer Platform SDK, http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Platform_SDK , https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Contribution_in_detail , and file bugs at bugs.merproject.org when things don't work as they should18:19
Stskeepswe're very into getting told our stuff doesn't work and admit our faults - so we can get them fixed :)18:19
jmk_I could give that a spin how that works out. only annoyance is that meego.com stuff may not reside all where suse has it, but it would not have to be perfect on first run :P18:19
jmk_that's one of the reason we were pushing for suse since we were lazy re-writing full policy...18:20
*** AstroAK has joined #mer18:20
jmk_copy-paste is much more fun in this sense :P18:20
Stskeepsyup, takes less time18:20
StskeepsMer platform SDK is basically a 'useful chroot', but makes sure you have access to /home ec18:20
Stskeepswe avoid the differences between distros that way18:20
Stskeepsif you get error in image creation, just ln -s /proc/mounts /etc/mtab - there's something odd about the current SDK release, there's a 0 byte mtab :)18:21
StskeepsAstroAK: welcome back :)18:22
jmk_which OBS server are you using?18:22
*** biv has joined #mer18:22
Stskeepswe have our own OBS, but modified with the SB2-OBS functionality and a few useful patches18:22
Stskeepswe're actively trying to upstream those though18:22
StskeepsSB2 one took a detour, as you might know, to be rebased on b1-systems's solution18:23
Stskeepshello biv :)18:23
Stskeepsjmk_: we also provide scripts to easily deploy our OBS to a opensuse target18:23
Stskeepsbiv: welcome :) so what brings you here to #mer ?18:23
Stskeepsjmk_: and right now we're doing some OBS patches to easily do full-copy projects, change underlying sources, etc, for easy continous integration18:24
Stskeepsso we can truly do proper distribution releasing18:24
jmk_full-copy projects?18:24
jmk_obs wasn't really for that ever, we had huge issues with it18:25
Stskeepsit has it's problems, and i personally only use OBS as a builder these days18:25
Sage_Stskeeps: why you always scare people about my reviews? ;)18:25
jmk_patch one line in libc and whole thing wobbles for days recovering ending up with random results :P18:25
Stskeepsyeah, well, long story short: Mer is described in git, pointing to git sha's with packages in them. this project git has tags/release numbers. when we build Mer, we do it with basis in a certain project-core revision. project-core allows us to do stuff like "take version X.Y.Z, patch this and this, produce a new OBS project"18:26
Stskeepserr, project-core=project-copy18:26
Stskeepsso we can go in and see how new reality looks after a change was merged with ease18:27
KypeliSage_: You are the only honest one? ;)18:27
Stskeepsin Mer, we spent a lot of time working to reduce rebuild loops as well, and some patches to OBS to avoid it rebuilding -everything- in situations it really didn't have to.18:27
bivI read about your project and it very interesting for me, but I'm very new to C++ and Qt, I used gtk+, whether your project is to support gtk+?18:27
Stskeepsbiv: there's a project that uses Mer, called Cordia, which has GNOME and GTK+ on top of Mer18:27
Stskeepsbiv: gtk+ may or may not exist on some Mer-based devices as it's not part of Mer18:28
StskeepsSage_: some people might have primary school complexes about getting red points18:28
jmk_you have (gasp!) fastinit still?18:28
Sage_Kypeli: hehe, well I think I'm the one with the mean eye of perfection ;)18:28
bivI see, thank you18:28
Stskeepsjmk_: naah, systemd18:28
Stskeepsjmk_: we have uxlaunch, which will be replaced with systemd user sessions18:29
Stskeeps(by the good work done in tizen ivi for this)18:29
jmk_ok, so you have Aukes stuff I believe18:29
*** lpotter has quit IRC18:30
Stskeepsjmk_: did you see our mer wayland demo?18:30
*** biv has quit IRC18:30
Stskeepsjmk_: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V83mChc-hQE - ignore the lag, it's an interaction with fbcon and cursor blink, but that's mer, qt5 (some late snapshot), qml compositor, llvmpipe, and a busybox setup instead of coreutils etc18:32
Stskeepson virtualbox/x8618:32
jmk_I disagreed with Auke/Arjan back in the day about systemd as I did not think it was ready for it at the time. maybe it is these days.18:32
Stskeepswhat i like about systemd is that it genuinely seems to have a community18:33
jmk_lets see18:33
jmk_yes thats goos18:33
jmk_good. and, it actually accepts contributions.18:33
jmk_only thing these days seems to be is that it is growing even too fast18:34
jmk_would like my init Just Work (tm)18:34
Stskeepsthe udevd merge was a bit weird :)18:34
jmk_it will become everything and the kitchen sink18:35
jmk_but, all good, as long as quality can be kept up18:36
Stskeepsmy own personal experience, that so far, it has - it has even gotten much faster at booting18:36
jmk_anyway, there are no real alternatives to it anymore, so I guess that settles it18:36
chouchoune"Contribution" page in the wiki is funny ... going directly from clone to push ;)18:36
AstroAK@ Stskeeps Thanks! hope all is well.18:37
Stskeepschouchoune: 1) clone 2) ??? 3) profit!18:37
*** lpotter has joined #mer18:37
chouchouneStskeeps: like no test inbetween18:37
Stskeepschouchoune: that actually deserves a bit of a bug :)18:37
chouchounewould be good to point at the testing guidelines18:37
Stskeepschouchoune: at the same time, it's unrealistic to expect a developer can run all system tests locally18:37
chouchouneyep, later, I'm focused on my first package right now18:38
Stskeepscool, let me knwo how it goes18:38
mikhasat one of our bbq's, lennart made fun of me when the topic of testing came up :-(18:38
mikhasI think he's a testing atheist18:38
chouchouneStskeeps: building with COBS right now18:38
Stskeepsjmk, i think i'll go offline for a bit - if you have any questions at any time about Mer or contribution or whatever, feel free to ask, else free to hang out :)18:39
Stskeepsthanks for the talk18:39
lbtStskeeps: l8r then18:40
lbthey anidel_home ... back now18:40
anidel_homehey lbt18:40
anidel_homewas playing with mic...it gives me an error stating it can't create an ext4 fs on /dev/loop10118:41
jmk_stskeeps, ack18:41
Stskeepsanidel_home: ln -s /proc/mounts /etc/mtab18:41
Stskeepser, sudo that18:41
Stskeepsin sdk18:41
anidel_homeyeah of course...didn't know i had to do that, or I missed it from wiki?18:42
lbtit's a bug18:42
jmk_stskeeps, thats a bug ;)18:42
jmk_proc/self/mounts ;)18:42
anidel_homecool I found a bug :p18:42
lbtsadly you just tripped over it18:42
*** Behold has quit IRC18:43
jmk_stskeeps, can you see what the 'self' does :-) ?18:43
*** BeholdMyGlory has joined #mer18:43
jmk_(points you to the current mountspace; they can vary between tasks)18:43
Stskeeps /proc/mounts for me is mounts -> self/mounts anyway18:44
Stskeepsbut you're right18:44
lbtit's been like that for a few years now18:44
anidel_homeweren't you going offline? :p18:44
lbtI did some digging18:44
*** KeyserSoze_ has joined #mer18:44
lbthe is offline ... that's the bot now .. see the latency is lower18:45
jmk_containers are annoying18:45
lbtjmk_: and useful18:45
jmk_yeah, for small gang of people. for most, they are a hindrance.18:45
anidel_homemic's retrieving packages...it'll cache them right? right?18:46
lbtjmk_: the problem is linking through the shells18:46
*** KeyserSoze has quit IRC18:46
lbtanidel_home: yes - see SDK page for more info18:46
*** KeyserSoze_ is now known as KeyserSoze18:46
lbtjmk_: suggestions for better solutions welcome18:46
*** thopiekar has joined #mer18:46
jmk_besides, the Best Parts of containers are not even implemented yet I presume (uid, cap etc)18:46
lbtcorrect, I plan to do 'something better' one day18:47
lbtwe looked at lxe18:47
lbtbut also systemd18:47
jmk_and I don't think there are even ways to do things like capability namespaces properly....18:47
lbtchroot is universal-ish18:47
lbtno - but this is to provide SDK, not a full simulator18:47
lbtso "good enough" is the goal18:48
jmk_for that they are already ok18:48
lbtmy main worry on the SDK is the bind mount18:48
jmk_but kinda annoying that if you give a cap in your container, it is granted towards the whole system...18:48
lbtI'd like a way to prevent an rm recursing through one18:48
jmk_been there done that18:49
lbtyes, agreed18:49
lbtseen the SDK warnings ? :D18:49
jmk_I guess you don't have read-only root yet :) ?18:49
*** shanxS has quit IRC18:50
jmk_we did that with huge load of bind-mounts. RO root was more or less mandatory since  there was no integrity protection anywhere18:50
anidel_homelbt; using your minimal ks (I won't burn it), it gives errors when intalling wireless-tools: can't stat ply-image, no perl found18:50
lbtnah .. but we have the /usr merge I think18:50
jmk_one huge flat usr?18:51
lbtanidel_home: odd, mic ran here18:51
lbtjmk the /usr/bin /bin thing18:52
jmk_yeah that18:52
anidel_home /bin/mv: cannot stat `/usr/bin/ply-image': No such file or directory18:52
*** Bostik has quit IRC18:53
anidel_homeand also complaining about missing wlan.config and setting files, but I guess as a result of a perl script not executing18:53
lbtanidel_home: yeah ....18:53
lbtOK .. lessee18:53
* lbt notes ... must run code before releasing it18:53
anidel_homethe ply-image is a no issue, as I see it'll be empty anyway 'cat > ... << EOF'18:54
lbtbut no perl....18:54
lbtno it's an EOF cat18:55
lbtit makes that silly wrapper script18:55
anidel_homeah right, yeah sorry18:55
anidel_homeso it'll miss ply-image-real18:55
anidel_homewhere does that file come from?18:56
lbtI wanted to get plymouth-lite installed18:56
anidel_homeit's commented out18:57
lbtbut it's in a deep part of Nemo - so it's commented out18:57
lbtthis is the joy of architectural layering meets real-life18:57
anidel_homeso where it actually is ?18:57
anidel_homeyou said Nemo, but in the minimal ks ?18:58
*** goku12 has quit IRC18:58
lbtyeah - Nemo did all the hardware adaptation for the N90018:58
lbtideally that would be a clean set18:58
lbtbut it's not18:58
lbtwe can remove it for now18:58
*** Frye has joined #mer18:59
anidel_homeremove the ply script fix?18:59
lbtyeah... the whole # Hack -> chmod18:59
lbtnow I thought I had perl at that point ... obviously not18:59
anidel_homeok, also forgot to modify the WiFi stuff18:59
lbtI'm moving the perl into the %post --nochroot19:00
lbtperl -pi -e 's/^HOSTNAME=.*/HOSTNAME=localhost.localdomain/; ' $INSTALL_ROOT/etc/sysconfig/network19:00
lbtI'll check on that later19:01
lbtjmk_: have you setup Mer on any devices yet?19:01
phaeronmaybe cgroups + containers19:03
lbtphaeron: that's how systemd will do it i think19:03
phaeronsystemd only uses cgroups19:04
anidel_homeok now it's missing the wlan.config and setting files19:05
* lbt looks19:05
anidel_homewhere do I find those scripts it's running?19:05
jmk_lbt, not yet. just got here an hour ago :-)19:05
lbtjmk_: plenty of time!19:06
lbtphaeron: http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/ContainerInterface19:06
lbtanidel_home: yeah, I see19:06
jmk_have been on vacation as it was seriously needed :P19:06
lbtanidel_home: ah, I think connman makes /var/lib/connman19:07
anidel_homeat runtime?19:07
lbtwhich ... hmm19:07
phaeronlbt: cool so it supports containers now ? I remember  when running systemd in a container took down the system :D19:07
lbtit really shouldn't be doing that19:07
anidel_homeso where's that script and what it's doing with those files?19:07
lbtwell, those files are manipulated by connman-test I think19:08
anidel_homeI see19:08
lbtjmk_: well, dig your N900 out ....19:09
lbtup-arrow return ...19:09
anidel_homeI think it's more part of wireless-tools ?19:10
lbtwell, mer minimal is .... minimal19:11
lbtso our wifi tools are shell scripts at best19:11
lbtanidel_home: on the exopc I used the connman-test scripts to automate wifi setup19:13
lbtjust to emulate dbus stuff in systemd19:13
lbtthis is a touch easier19:13
anidel_homebe right back...need to do something around the house first :) and maybe prepare some food19:14
lbtI'll just verify and pastie this ks19:14
*** furikku has quit IRC19:15
vgradeSage_, will fix the ml links next time, thanks for the pointer19:15
vgradeStskeeps, sorry I missed your ping earlier.19:16
Sage_vgrade: hehe, it is ok. I found eventually, but for others would be easier to find if latest is on the last page.19:16
*** tikitikii has joined #mer19:16
*** merder has joined #mer19:17
*** thetet has joined #mer19:19
*** thopiekar has quit IRC19:19
Stskeepsok, damn screen keyboard.19:22
iekkuStskeeps, do you have cat?19:22
Stskeepsno, slow lock screen19:23
jmk_lbt, ok have one somewhere. will try for sure soon, now Z. ->19:24
*** tikitikii has quit IRC19:27
*** clopez has quit IRC19:28
*** denism has quit IRC19:30
*** rcg1 has joined #mer19:38
[ol]Stskeeps: Hi! Do you have time to look at the problem with registring in Gerrit?19:51
lbtwhat's the issue?19:52
Stskeeps[ol], only saw it 500ed in log too,no specficis19:52
Stskeepslbt, feel free to help debug19:53
[ol]lbt: I get this when I try to register using my OpenID:19:53
[ol]HTTP ERROR: 50019:53
[ol]Problem accessing /OpenID. Reason:19:53
[ol]    Server Error19:54
*** GeneralAntilles has left #mer19:54
*** GeneralAntilles has joined #mer19:54
*** dudedude has quit IRC19:54
* lbt can think of a sensible solution....19:54
lbtinvolves ldap19:55
*** FSCV has quit IRC19:55
*** FSCV has joined #mer19:56
*** virtuald has quit IRC19:58
rcg1[ol]: which open id did you use19:58
rcg1for me only my google account worked19:58
lbtmyopenid here19:59
rcg1do you happen to have a facebook account to give that a shot?19:59
[ol]Not the latest version, but I've been able to successfully authenticate on livejournal.com and meego.com19:59
*** clopez has joined #mer19:59
[ol]rcg1: No. I value my privacy.20:00
rcg1well, i, e.g., tried my wordpress account openid to register with gerrit which apperently did not work20:00
lbt*cough* LDAP20:00
rcg1[ol]: you are aware that registering a google account does not inflict your privacy?20:00
rcg1only issue arises once you are going to use it extensively20:01
[ol]I have Google account, but I'd prefer to use my own OpenID server.20:01
lbtStskeeps: can gerrit enable LDAP and openid?20:01
rcg1[ol]: right :)20:01
rcg1would have preferred a different solution too as my google account was literally covered under a pile of dust20:02
Stskeepslbt, openid should work20:02
Stskeepsldap is different as it's all encompassing, ie no other auth20:02
lbthttps://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/repo-discuss/1nB7r5BKOWc  yep20:03
lbtI think we should be moving gerrit to LDAP btw ...20:03
Stskeepsmm, i thought same20:04
anidel_homesigh i think I totally bricked a proto N900 :/20:04
Stskeepsneed good way to transition though20:04
anidel_homeI still have my own proto though :) no worries lbt20:04
lbtStskeeps: nod ... not on the fly :)20:04
lbtanidel_home: check /var/lib/connman/settings has an 's' on the end in your .ks20:05
[ol]Can the problem be caused by my HTTPS server's certificate which is signed by CAcert?20:05
anidel_homeit does not20:05
lbtadd one20:06
anidel_hometmp/ks-script-x4Bpwl: line 52: /var/lib/connman/wlan.config: No such file or directory20:06
anidel_hometmp/ks-script-x4Bpwl: line 70: /var/lib/connman/setting: No such file or directory/bin/mv: cannot stat `/usr/bin/ply-image': No such file or directory20:06
lbtanidel_home: OK .. let me pastie again20:06
anidel_homeadd one? where? that script is created on the spot , where do I find it?20:06
anidel_homeah found where20:07
Stskeeps[ol]: possibly20:08
[ol]Stskeeps: Can you verify that?20:09
Stskeeps[ol], need to be at my laptop, in 20 mins or so20:09
anidel_homeah you also added mkdir /var/lib/connman20:09
[ol]Stskeeps: No problem, I'm not in hurry. I'll be here for several hours more.20:10
*** notmart has quit IRC20:16
anidel_homeno more errors when Running scripts...20:16
*** lbt has quit IRC20:16
chouchouneStskeeps: here ?20:17
chouchoune(or anyone, btw ;))20:18
chouchounewhat's "ARCHSCHEDULER" /20:19
chouchounenever mind20:19
chouchouneI know20:19
*** lbt has joined #mer20:24
Stskeeps[ol]: please try to log in20:36
[ol]Stskeeps: Just a moment...20:38
*** situ has joined #mer20:39
[ol]Stskeeps: The same problem.20:39
Stskeeps[ol]: http://pastie.org/423365920:39
Stskeeps[ol]: i think that means 'i don't like self-signed'20:42
chouchouneis someone able to see if I messed up with my openID identities ?20:42
[ol]Stskeeps: Looks like a known issue.20:42
[ol]1. http://code.google.com/p/openid4java/issues/detail?id=16920:42
chouchouneyes, had an issue with self signed yesterday too20:42
[ol]2. http://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/wordpresscom-openid-endpoint-does-not-sign-sreg-attributes20:42
lbt[ol]: IMHO we should move to LDAP ASAP ... please log a bug on this20:43
[ol]Stskeeps: My HTTPS server's certificate is not self-signed.20:43
Stskeeps[ol]: well, ok, cacert?20:43
*** situ_ has joined #mer20:43
*** situ has quit IRC20:43
lbtMy other thought was to implement Kerberos.... anyone?20:43
chouchounecacert is not included by default usually, so it may be like "unsecure"20:44
[ol]lbt: Kerberos is easy. I have Kerberos on my server.20:44
Stskeeps[ol]: i have to head to bed now, but please file a bug on this particular issue20:45
lbt[ol]: I never got kerberos and LDAP and NFSv4 working20:45
Stskeepssolution is ultimately to get switched to ldap and do common auth with rest of infra20:45
lbtStskeeps: +120:45
[ol]Stskeeps: The problem seems to be not with my server's certificate, but with the way my OpenID server presents SReg attributes. I'll take a look today.20:45
chouchounewhen I try to push I get a "email address does not match your user account"20:45
Stskeepschouchoune: check your git log, or add more emails in gerrit20:45
chouchouneStskeeps: my email looks fine20:46
Stskeepsin the log, and make sure gerrit has same understanding20:46
chouchounecommitter email address arnaud@delcasse.fr20:46
chouchouneand it's my email in gerrit20:47
chouchouneat least, it appears in "Identities"20:47
chouchouneand in Profile20:47
Stskeepschouchoune: and git log shows correct author20:48
chouchouneah no20:49
chouchouneok, thanks20:49
Stskeepscommit --amend20:49
*** situ_ has quit IRC20:52
*** Eismann_ has quit IRC20:52
chouchouneStskeeps: no, must filter-branch I think20:52
lbtyay ... puddle lives20:53
Stskeepsbbl sleep20:53
*** situ_ has joined #mer20:53
chouchounegood night20:54
*** situ has joined #mer20:56
*** situ has quit IRC20:58
*** situ_ has quit IRC20:58
*** situ has joined #mer20:59
*** blaroche_ has quit IRC21:01
*** andre__ has quit IRC21:06
*** NIN101 has quit IRC21:06
*** situ has quit IRC21:06
*** situ has joined #mer21:06
*** AstroAK has quit IRC21:16
*** situ has quit IRC21:16
lbtanidel_home: it works now21:19
*** KeyserSoze_ has joined #mer21:20
*** KeyserSoze has quit IRC21:21
*** KeyserSoze_ is now known as KeyserSoze21:21
*** Frye has quit IRC21:24
*** wubudubudubudu has quit IRC21:25
*** wubudubudubudu has joined #mer21:26
*** rcg1 has quit IRC21:28
*** merder has quit IRC21:29
anidel_homelbt back21:33
anidel_homewhich ks ? latest you gave me? https://gist.github.com/308480721:33
lbtlet me verify21:35
lbtrefresh as it changed21:37
anidel_homerefreshed, what did you change?21:37
anidel_homeI'll diff21:37
lbtit has a diff on the page21:38
anidel_homewell a part from my WiFi AP name/pw nothing21:38
lbtI though it did21:38
anidel_homemaybe you gave me latest one already and haven't made changes since.21:39
lbtcould be21:39
lbtsed -e's/<WPA2 passphrase>/MyWPAPhrase/;s/<SSID NAME>/MySSID/;s/localhost.localdomain/MYHOST/;' minimal-n900.ks > minimal-n900.ks-phrased21:39
anidel_homelatest you mkdir'd /var/lib/connman , postponed perl stuff and fixed settings file name21:39
*** gimli has quit IRC21:39
lbtsounds right21:39
*** thierry_troll has joined #mer21:39
lbtI also pushed my local changes to the not-a-ux package to c.obs21:40
anidel_homeMYHOST is just a name I should choose?21:40
lbtI just did zypper up here and it worked21:40
lbtit dyndns it here21:40
lbtI use puddle21:40
lbtmini-mer :)21:41
lbtit has a deliberate bug in it :)21:41
lbtthe screen size is wrong21:41
anidel_homen900-mer here:) will dyndns later21:41
lbtso you need to copy the package, edit, build and rebuild the image using your package21:41
anidel_homewhy's deliberate?21:41
lbtit's based on exopc21:42
anidel_homeoh ok..so hang on, which package?21:42
anidel_homethe mer-not-a-ux?21:42
*** Ian-- has joined #mer21:42
lbt"Use your own UX code + repos" section, yes21:42
anidel_homenot clear what should I do there...21:43
anidel_homewhat does osc do?21:43
lbtkinda like saying "what does git do"21:44
lbtosc is the command line tool to use the OBS21:44
anidel_homeah I see21:44
lbtit manages upload/downloading source and doing builds21:45
lbtalso metadata control21:45
anidel_homethe : stands for /21:45
lbtI think they regret that design decision :)21:45
anidel_homeeheh and home/lbt/Mer/UX21:45
anidel_homeUX is your own path?21:45
anidel_homei called it /home/anidel/Mer/N900 so I should user :Mer:N90021:46
anidel_home s/user/use21:46
lbtwhere's that?21:46
lbtah right21:46
anidel_homewell not 'called' it, it's where my ks is and thus the raw files and etc21:46
lbtthat says : osc copypac home:lbt:Mer:UX mer-not-a-ux home:$USER21:47
lbtit means copy from the home:lbt:Mer:UX project21:47
lbtthe mer-not-a-ux package21:47
lbtto ... somewhere21:47
lbthome:anidel:Mer:N900 is fine21:47
anidel_homecopypac, right!21:47
lbtyou'll need to make that subproject21:48
lbtand I've not finished the docs there21:48
lbtneed to replicate the repo setup too21:48
anidel_homeright, the osc account21:49
anidel_homeI need to put the meego one21:49
anidel_home[https://api.pub.meego.com] ?21:49
anidel_home2. Contact David21:53
anidel_home:) I confirm I want an account: anidel21:53
*** thierry_troll has quit IRC21:53
alteregoSo now Jolla are planning to release two phones .. Cooooool21:53
anidel_homeah reallty?21:53
alteregoI bet the one that isn't the mainstream device has a keyboard.21:54
alteregoAnd the mass market one doesn't.21:54
*** thierry_troll has joined #mer21:54
lbtanidel_home: done. .... have fun21:54
alteregoEither that or they plan on a developer seeding programme of some kind.21:54
*** thierry_troll has quit IRC21:54
alteregoGet a hacker device out quick for people like us, then distribute the mass market device once the UX and everything is up to scratch.21:54
alteregoanidel_home: http://t.co/VJZajU9j21:55
alteregoBut who knows how reliable these sources are ;)21:55
*** nj3ma has quit IRC21:55
lbtWell, the article is quoting and then speculating21:57
anidel_homeshall I add my own repo then... ok22:00
*** rdqfdx has quit IRC22:00
lbtdid you get it booting using mine?22:02
lbtjust so we're starting from a known position22:02
anidel_homeshouldn't I use my own UX code?22:02
*** cyrlap has joined #mer22:02
anidel_homeno haven't tried burning yours yet22:02
lbteventually... patience grasshopper22:03
anidel_homeah I thought it was a necessary step :)22:03
*** cyrlap has quit IRC22:04
lbtOK, we'll have to clarify that22:04
anidel_homeburning my microsd22:05
*** zeq has quit IRC22:05
anidel_homeI think it stems from the fact that I am new to OBS22:06
lbtyeah, I should note that too22:07
anidel_homehow big is the actual raw file? (not the bzipped one)?22:16
anidel_homeI think it's specified in the ks file right?22:16
*** thierry_troll has joined #mer22:17
anidel_homemmm my firefox is all b&w now...22:17
*** CosmoHill has quit IRC22:18
*** Jagoo has left #mer22:18
anidel_homeI think it's a bug in Unity...22:19
lbtanidel_home: yes, it's in the .ks22:19
lbtyou sure it's not logging you out22:20
lbtand desaturating the screen :)22:20
anidel_homethe dd blocked something and the firefox process got stuck, the window manager noticed it wasn't responding and to highlight that to the user, greys the window out. It came back, but the window remained b&W :)22:20
anidel_homeno, it's ff only22:20
anidel_homeI remember when I used to play with hdparm and no matter what I was doing on the HD other processes wouldn't be that much affected22:21
anidel_homethe moment of truth22:23
anidel_homestarting up22:24
anidel_homeI see the Mer bg and a pink rectangle moving around22:24
anidel_homethat is correct?22:27
lbtthe rectangle is due to a bug in the shader code22:27
anidel_homeI don't think it got an IP address though...22:27
anidel_homeI tried to ssh/ping all the IPs that my router gave22:28
anidel_homedamn wrong SSID22:28
anidel_homemissed a capital letter22:28
anidel_homesigh need re-burning22:29
anidel_hometo shutdown, just keep pressing the power button?22:29
lbtthis is where an N950 is better - you can mount+hack the rootfs22:31
lbtbut you must remember all your changes :/22:31
anidel_homeI can mount the microsd22:31
lbtmay be quicker22:31
*** thetet has quit IRC22:31
lbtmmm ... that crashed the shader completely !22:33
anidel_homeok fixed, let's retry22:33
anidel_homeyai! n900-mer appeared :D22:33
anidel_homeso what user/pw shall I use?22:34
lbt(in the .ks fwiw)22:34
*** gabrbedd has quit IRC22:34
lbtok .. fixed one issue22:34
anidel_homegreat, I am in22:34
anidel_homedmesg shows an oops22:35
anidel_homepart / --size 3600 --ondisk mmcblk0p --fstype=ext422:35
anidel_home WARNING: at arch/arm/mach-omap2/pm34xx.c:300 prcm_interrupt_handler+0xb4/0x108()22:35
anidel_home[   69.314849] prcm: WARNING: PRCM indicated MPU wakeup but no wakeup sources are marked22:36
lbtI don't get that22:36
anidel_homeneed to be quick22:37
anidel_homeas otherwise this will take over: [  171.650878] pvr: qmlscene: IOCTL 70 failed (13)22:37
anidel_homeso if I want to start a shell instead of a mer-not-a-ux22:38
lbtwell, that requires a getty etc22:39
anidel_homeright...anyway...will reboot and copy the dmesg22:39
lbtyou tell systemd to use that as the target22:39
anidel_homemmm didn't happen this time22:40
anidel_homepossibly something that happened the first time i started it after Maemo? shouldn't be22:41
lbtjoys of this kind of hacking22:41
anidel_hometomorrow will figure out how to tell MEr to start what I want.22:42
anidel_homemeaning how to tell systemd to start my script/app22:43
lbtgrep the mer channel logs for getty22:43
anidel_homeit'll be enough to have an xterm runnig as well :D this is X running?22:43
anidel_homeso it should be easy to start an xterm instead of the Qt5 app, anyway..22:44
anidel_homecool :)22:44
lbtyes it will be22:44
anidel_homemy new N950 has been shipped today from Tampere and it's in Germany already22:45
lbtheh ... maybe you can write the next set of docs?22:45
anidel_homewhich one ? for N950?22:46
anidel_homewill do..22:46
anidel_homeso what's the name of this Qt app running?22:46
*** beford has joined #mer22:49
*** beford has quit IRC22:49
*** beford has joined #mer22:49
lbtrun from minmer.sh in the /usr/share/xsession/default22:49
anidel_homewhy I don't see it in the ps output22:49
lbtps -ef22:50
lbtrunning as mer user22:51
anidel_homewell as root I should see it22:51
lbtI meant minimer is running as mer user22:51
lbtI have  /usr/bin/qmlscene qml/main.qml22:52
anidel_homeunderstood, but the process should be visible from root with ps -xa22:52
anidel_homeoh saw it now22:52
anidel_homemissed the -a :D22:53
anidel_homeok time to go sleep now22:58
lbtmmm? what22:58
anidel_homebtw, with zypper I can install packages right?22:58
lbtoh, yeah22:58
* lbt decides sleep is good too22:59
lbtand that he doesn't grok shaders22:59
anidel_homeno xterm?22:59
*** lizardo has quit IRC23:00
lbtyour mission, should you choose to accept it....23:00
lbtyou can probably copy Xterm into your home UX project - I don't think it has any deps outside of Mer Core23:00
anidel_homeno I mean no xterm as a package to install23:01
lbtno, it's not in any of the repos you have23:01
anidel_homeah there...okay, fine23:01
lbtyou can add Nemo repos23:01
lbtand it's in one of them23:01
anidel_homeno it was just for fun...not now anyway23:01
lbtor better, you copypac from Nemo and make it part of your UX23:01
lbtthis is all about prototyping and keeping it small/producty23:02
anidel_homeokay...see you tomorrow23:04
anidel_homeand thanks for guiding23:04
*** csdb has quit IRC23:09
*** arcean has quit IRC23:17
*** imunsie has joined #mer23:17
*** mikhas has quit IRC23:18
*** arcean_ has joined #mer23:18
*** Ian--- has joined #mer23:19
*** csdb has joined #mer23:19
*** Ian-- has quit IRC23:20
*** anidel_home has quit IRC23:21
*** jstaniek has quit IRC23:30
*** Ian-- has joined #mer23:35
*** Ian--- has quit IRC23:36
*** Daviey has quit IRC23:54
*** Daviey has joined #mer23:55

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.9.2 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!