Tuesday, 2012-05-22

*** mlfoster has quit IRC00:07
*** himamura has joined #mer00:25
*** swer has joined #mer01:11
*** slx has quit IRC01:12
*** beford has quit IRC01:16
*** beford has joined #mer01:18
*** sandroandrade has quit IRC01:20
*** KaiRo_Mozilla has quit IRC01:45
*** dionet has quit IRC01:55
*** jd is now known as Jaded02:02
*** ZiQiangHuan has joined #mer02:17
*** araujo has quit IRC02:31
*** Sc0rpius has joined #mer02:34
*** araujo has joined #mer02:38
*** GeorgeH has joined #mer02:45
*** vivijim has quit IRC02:53
*** vivijim has joined #mer02:53
*** vivijim has joined #mer02:53
*** ScriptRipper has quit IRC03:22
*** himamura has quit IRC03:26
*** dcthang has joined #mer03:50
Bostikaaaaaaaaaagh, packaging just wayland is not enough; need xkbcommon too...04:14
Bostikffs!04:14
*** GeorgeH has quit IRC04:17
*** Termana has quit IRC04:18
*** Openfree` has quit IRC04:24
*** Openfree` has joined #mer04:24
*** sonach has joined #mer04:27
*** Termana has joined #mer04:27
*** Jaded is now known as Jade04:38
Bostik...grrrlll, I don't feel like building yacc to get build-deps for xkbcommon...04:42
Stskeepswe dont have xkcbcommon already?04:58
*** terietor has quit IRC04:59
*** dioz has quit IRC04:59
Bostikapparently not, I got 'unresolvable' in monitor status and that was the reason in tooltip05:00
Bostikah well, qtwayland at least can be built without xkbcommon05:00
*** dioz has joined #mer05:00
E-PMorning05:01
*** terietor has joined #mer05:01
timophmorn05:01
E-Ptimoph: how is Diablo 3 going?05:02
timophpretty well :)05:02
timophlvl 4005:03
E-Pnice :)05:03
Sc0rpiusI didn't know there was a Diablo 305:03
timophwas released last week05:04
Sc0rpiusthat's why.05:04
Sc0rpiushow much for the digital copy?05:04
timoph59e if you buy it from battlenet05:04
timophretailers are a bit cheaper05:05
Sc0rpiushmm :/05:05
timophit has drm that requires internet connection all the time while playing. internet connection breaks, game stops05:07
E-Pstarter edition should come in a month, you can try the D3 for free then05:08
Stskeeps'05:09
Stskeeps'first one is free' ;)05:09
timophyep. afaik it's the same thing the beta was05:09
E-PStskeeps: yes :)05:09
timophexactly. contains the first part of act I05:09
timophand has a low level cap05:09
E-Pthe same thing with kindle, try samples for free and usually you "have" to buy the rest05:10
timophyep05:10
Sc0rpiusI wonder if people here is running some kind of Mer in an N900?05:10
Sc0rpiusand I also wonder if U-Boot and Backupmenu can live together.05:10
StskeepsBostik: heh, seems you're right, no libxkbcommon05:11
timophthat is called Nemo mobile :)05:11
Sc0rpiusyeah so I heard05:11
timophhttp://repository.maemo.org/meego/Nemo/0.20120517.1.NEMO.2012-05-21.1/images/nemo-handset-armv7hl-n900/05:11
StskeepsBostik: http://build.meego.com/package/files?package=libxkbcommon&project=devel%3Awayland .. byacc should be in mer05:11
* timoph is just downloading it05:12
BostikStskeeps: oh, there's worse - qtplatformsupport (from qtbase) does not provide libQtPlatformSupport.so so qtwayland linking fails :)05:12
Bostikthis is somewhat interesting...05:13
Sc0rpiusyeah but I still need a Class 10 microSD of more than 4GB05:14
* timoph is having problems with screen focus (forgot glasses home)05:14
Sc0rpiusand I still need to know if installing U-Boot will crash Backupmenu or something05:14
StskeepsSc0rpius: class6 or more is ok05:14
StskeepsSc0rpius: you can also load u-boot through flasher05:14
Stskeepswhich is less destructive05:14
Sc0rpiushmm05:15
StskeepsBostik: well, you probably also need wayland support in mesa05:16
Stskeepsthence the base layers first :)05:16
*** gimli has quit IRC05:17
Bostikaye, 'tis a pain in the arse05:17
*** gimli has joined #mer05:18
iekkumorning05:18
Bostikplease at least tell me we have mesa with wayland support already available05:19
Bostikalthough 'pkgconfig(wayland-egl)' seems to be missing...05:20
StskeepsBostik: wayland 0.85 first, then i'd enable it :)05:22
Stskeepsthen the qtwayland stuff comes after05:22
Bostikcoming up05:22
Stskeeps:nod:05:22
Bostikhttps://build.pub.meego.com/package/show?package=wayland&project=home%3Abostik%3AQt5a105:22
Bostikfirst variant which actually builds05:23
BostikI'll do the weston (wayland-demos) only sometime later when that has been properly vetted05:23
Stskeepsi'll try to find time to merge rest of alpha1 during today as well05:23
Bostiksome of the packaging is still bit of a mess in there but I'll try to find time to clean it up before alpha2 gets tagged05:25
Stskeeps:nod:05:25
Sleepy_Coderlbt: Oh yes, I was going to ask you about pics from SF -- as soon as I got home I had the undying need to photoshop Sage's face onto barnyard animals :D05:29
* Stskeeps blinks and steps backwards quietly05:29
Sleepy_CoderJust be thankful you weren't in our pics :p05:29
iekkusounds interesting05:34
*** beford has quit IRC05:36
Sleepy_Coderlbt: I can think of various ways to break what I gave you :o  Not sure if it would be better to require that if a .sbrules exists, it must define all the rules, not overlay the standard ones.  In the 2nd link I gave to you I showed how you would go about modifying the existing rules, where you must *avoid* creating new tables from scratch but work with the tables already there :>  That's the biggest invitation for problems..  It05:36
Sleepy_Coderwould make me feel better if it were required that the user maybe copy an example ruleset to their ~/.sbrules so they know entirely where each rule is defined and where else it is referenced -- otherwise what I gave you should work. >.>05:36
Sleepy_Coderthough it'd be even cooler if you defined the path to your own complete ruleset with something in the env like export SBRULES='/path/to/sbrules.lua'05:37
Sleepy_CoderNot sure what is the most "correct" way to pass around configs for scratchbox :>05:38
Bostikright, xkbcommon-devel appears to work (qtwayland build does not complain about *that* item)05:40
Sc0rpiusI think I can load Mer using Bootmenu and not U-Boot05:44
StskeepsSc0rpius: nah, bootmenu isn't supported05:44
Stskeepsyou use u-boot, simple as that05:44
Sc0rpius:(05:44
Sc0rpiusbut I use Backupmenu which uses Bootmenu, and I don't think I can have both05:45
Stskeepsthe rest of the mixes end up in bad problems05:45
StskeepsSc0rpius: just flasher -l -k u-boot.bin -b and you'll be fine05:45
Stskeepsand it'll one-time load uboot05:45
Sc0rpiusfrom the device?05:45
Stskeepsno, from a pc to the device05:45
*** jukkaeklund has joined #mer05:45
Sc0rpiusok05:45
Stskeepshuomenta jukka :)05:45
Sc0rpiusthe device has the flasher executable, dunno why.05:46
Stskeepsyeah, but not for kernel loading05:46
Sc0rpiusthat's why I was thinking it was weird05:46
Sc0rpiusanyway I was asking because there's this: http://wiki.maemo.org/Mer/Documentation/Bootmenu05:47
Stskeepsthat's ancient05:47
Stskeepsignore most things on /Mer/05:47
Stskeepswe're on wiki.merproject.org now05:47
Sc0rpiusdo you guys also use scratchbox for development?05:50
*** pohly has joined #mer05:52
Stskeepssb2, not sb105:54
Stskeepsand mostly we use OBS05:54
ZiQiangHuanStskeeps: when I use mic to create image, how can I know what rpm package I have installed? I just use log info, but not the detail info05:57
StskeepsZiQiangHuan: there's a parameter that records packages to a .packages file05:57
Stskeepscan't recall the parameter right now05:57
ZiQiangHuanStskeeps: --record-pkgs=RECORD_PKGS?05:58
Stskeepsyes05:59
Stskeeps--record-pkgs=packages05:59
Bostiktesting an update for qtbase packaging06:00
StskeepsBostik: just noticed qtdeclarative submission didn't actually break in compile or dependency testing.. so re-testing it06:01
Stskeepsno wonder i couldnt find out it's missing deps06:01
BostikStskeeps: qt5-qtplatformsupport-devel did not contain /usr/lib/libQtPlatformSupport.a and (oddly enough), rpmlint never complained about installed-but-unpackaged files; according to build log the file *IS* placed in libdir though06:02
Stskeepsodd06:02
Stskeepsperhaps you need %define keep_static 106:03
Stskeepsor however it was06:03
Stskeepsso it doesn't remove static libs06:03
Bostikwe'll see soon06:03
Sleepy_Coderdamn... it isn't breaking, continue testing until it breaks. >8D06:03
Bostikperhaps static libs aren't considered real files unless they have been explicitly listed in %files ?06:03
Stskeepsnah, it's more that unless we explicitly tell it to, it will be removing *.a where it can find it06:04
Stskeepssec06:04
Stskeepsbecause static libs are normally really bad news in a packaging setting06:04
Bostikaye06:05
Stskeeps %define keepstatic 106:05
Stskeepsin top of spec06:05
*** jukkaeklund_ has joined #mer06:18
*** jukkaeklund has quit IRC06:21
*** niqt has joined #mer06:27
*** tommis has quit IRC06:33
Bostikah, now it looks better06:35
Bostikqtwayland fails to link due to missing wayland-egl and nothing else, so the platformsupport-devel change was obviously correct06:35
BostikI'll toss the updates to :Qt5:Devel when all the builds are done06:36
Bostikfeel free to pick xkbcommon and wayland packages to proper mer-projects :)06:37
Stskeeps:nod: will do06:43
Stskeepsjust getting qtdeclarative in first06:43
*** InformatiQ has joined #mer06:50
*** rcg1 has joined #mer06:50
*** ssirkia has quit IRC06:51
*** dcthang has quit IRC07:01
*** dcthang has joined #mer07:02
*** vilpan has joined #mer07:05
*** himamura has joined #mer07:05
*** eocanha has joined #mer07:08
*** harbaum has joined #mer07:08
*** InformatiQ has quit IRC07:09
*** eocanha has quit IRC07:09
*** eocanha has joined #mer07:10
harbaumhas anyone received his nokia provided rasp pi yet?07:21
harbaumthey claim to have sold nearly 200.000 pieces by now.07:21
Stskeepsnop, i think they're possibly backlogged07:21
Stskeepsi got one from RS online in 7 days though07:21
Stskeepswhich was outside qtonpi07:22
harbaumah ... so much for "one of the first batch is reserved for you"07:22
ZiQiangHuanStskeeps: I create a new image with my qtmobility, but qtmediahub cannot boot up anymore. this is the .xsession-erros http://pastie.org/3948637, any idea for this?07:22
*** ssirkia has joined #mer07:22
harbaumnot that i urgently need one. but that's not the most clever pr i've seen07:22
Stskeepsharbaum: yeah..07:23
Stskeepsharbaum: though i think that it's bad to complain about gifts, personally - frankly i think a lot of assumptions the r-pi foundation had went totally out the window07:23
harbaumyeah, i am really not complaining also for the reason you mention. Still it's not clever ...07:24
Stskeepsi don't think the qtonpi people are terribly happy about the situation either :)07:24
harbaumi'd think so07:25
harbaumi wuld think that quim is quite annoyed07:25
harbaumbtw: i should check quims blog ... i wonder what he's doing these days07:26
Stskeepsqt-project and a fair bit of it07:26
sroedalharbaum: I think they got mixed messages from the r-pi guys, but yeah, like Stskeeps says, can't really blame them either07:27
sroedalharbaum: you can follow him on twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/quimgil :)07:29
harbaumi am too old for twitter :-)07:29
Stskeepsand simple business.. 250 r-pi's vs big distributors cashing in 200.000 pieces..07:29
Stskeepspriorities change07:29
sroedalnow, the vivaldi has been a bit delayed as well :/07:30
harbaumsure07:30
sroedalhope I get it before qtcs at least07:30
harbaumand in the end that's what we want: if such a device has a massive break through, then all the projects on top also benefit07:30
Stskeepssroedal: i can bring two r-pi's if need be, provided it's after 12 on the first day ;)07:30
Stskeepsif you need to demo something07:30
sroedalStskeeps: I meant the vivaldi :)07:30
Stskeepsah07:30
Stskeepsi don't have one of those ;)07:31
sroedalI was lucky enough to get a r-pi prototype to do some eglfs / wayland hacking07:31
*** himamura_ has joined #mer07:33
Stskeepswe should really do a llvmpipe-on-framebuffer-with-wayland version of qtonpi runnable in virtualbox07:34
Stskeepsthat could make some people's development easier07:34
Stskeepsor just eglfs07:35
sroedalqtwayland abstracts the buffer sharing mechanism, so llvmpipe with wayland-egl should work quite fine07:35
Stskeeps:nod:07:36
*** shadeslayer has quit IRC07:36
*** himamura has quit IRC07:37
*** shadeslayer has joined #mer07:37
*** maour has joined #mer07:40
*** drussell has quit IRC07:44
*** slaine has joined #mer07:45
*** maour has quit IRC07:46
slainemorning guys07:46
*** maour has joined #mer07:46
Stskeepsmorn slaine o/07:49
slaineNice to see Falcon9 lift off07:51
Stskeepshm?07:52
*** ssirkia has left #mer07:53
*** Jade has quit IRC07:54
*** ssirkia1 has joined #mer07:54
slaineSpaceX launch was postponed the other day 'til just a few mins ago07:54
Stskeepsahcool07:55
slainetraveling at 3 km/sec07:55
*** drussell has joined #mer07:56
Sagelbt: is it possible to run X application from sdk?07:56
Stskeepsit is07:57
Sagehttp://pastie.org/3948744 ?07:57
Stskeepsused to work for me07:58
Stskeepsxhost + ?07:58
Sage?07:58
Stskeepsat least i had testrunner working in there07:58
*** enc0de has joined #mer08:00
Sagehttp://pastie.org/394875108:00
*** notmart has joined #mer08:01
*** notmart has joined #mer08:01
*** clopez has joined #mer08:02
slaineDo I need to download a new version of the SDK or should the zypper ref/dup cycle always work ? Getting a dependency error with mic and Python08:03
Stskeepszypper ref/up should really work08:04
Stskeepsyou may need to change to /latest/ in mer link though08:04
Stskeepsask lbt when he's on08:04
slainek, cheers08:04
*** maour has quit IRC08:08
*** mdfe_ has joined #mer08:09
Stskeepsvictory08:09
*** mdfe_ has left #mer08:10
*** mdfe_ has joined #mer08:10
*** toscalix has joined #mer08:11
*** M4rtinK has joined #mer08:11
*** himamura_ has quit IRC08:19
*** himamura has joined #mer08:20
SageStskeeps: http://pastie.org/3948807 python update issue?08:21
Stskeepsyes, that's what i think08:21
Stskeepscan you file a bug please?08:21
Stskeepsnot fatal08:21
Sagesure08:22
Sageagainst python or rpmlint?08:22
*** himamura has quit IRC08:22
Stskeepsrpmlint-mini i think08:22
Stskeepshttp://releases.merproject.org/~carsten/sb2-b1-obs-victory.txt is what i meant by victory earlier btw08:22
*** jukkaeklund_ has quit IRC08:22
*** jukkaeklund has joined #mer08:25
Stskeepsproper cross compilation environment setup with sb2, b1's cross patches and obs08:25
X-FadeStskeeps: Did you notice that it does the vm setup twice?08:25
StskeepsX-Fade: hehe :)08:25
StskeepsX-Fade: it sets up X86 side preinstalls, then ARM side preinstalls, then X86 side installs, then ARM side installs08:26
X-FadeAh :)08:26
Stskeepsand yes, i noticed the fact it makes armv7el rpms08:27
Stskeepsbut that's besides the point08:27
Stskeeps:P08:27
X-Fade:)08:27
Stskeepsit means you can without black magic set up the x86 side with x86 packages, with ease08:27
X-FadeI noticed that for .debs the build script actually does the vm setup twice.08:27
X-FadeSo that is why I got triggered about that.08:27
Stskeeps:nod:08:28
Stskeepsit isn't very clear what it sets up and when, agreed08:28
X-Fade"sb2-init: Creating Debian build system settings for this target" :P08:29
Stskeepsyeah..08:29
X-FadeBut it looks good. And the time at the bottom is promising ;)08:30
Stskeepsthis is even the unoptimized sb2 build08:31
*** smoku has joined #mer08:33
*** gimli has quit IRC08:38
*** himamura has joined #mer08:40
*** rcg1 has quit IRC08:40
*** rcg1 has joined #mer08:42
*** phdeswer has quit IRC08:44
*** jukkaeklund_ has joined #mer08:44
*** jukkaeklund has quit IRC08:47
*** InformatiQ has joined #mer08:49
*** jukkaeklund_ has quit IRC08:50
*** Attie has joined #mer09:02
*** InformatiQ has quit IRC09:02
Stskeepssroedal: since you might run into that on the slogan thread, llvmpipe does not actually work on ARM it seems09:05
sroedalStskeeps: right, not yet, I believe there are proprietary software GL implementations you can buy if necessary though09:06
Stskeeps:nod: though not on all chipsets09:06
sroedaland really, just get OpenGL acceleration if you want QML 2 :)09:06
Stskeepsit was one of the things i ran into by accident at some point09:06
Stskeepsllvmpipe probably works on mips though :P09:06
Stskeepswhich is a bizarre situation09:06
Stskeepsok, back to hacking obs..09:07
*** ssirkia1 has quit IRC09:17
*** jonnor has quit IRC09:21
*** arc_mat has joined #mer09:21
*** vgrade100 has joined #mer09:27
*** ssirkia has joined #mer09:28
*** cxl000 has joined #mer09:28
*** jonnor has joined #mer09:33
*** simh_ has quit IRC09:34
*** sonach has quit IRC09:37
*** simh_ has joined #mer09:39
*** vgrade100 has quit IRC09:42
lbtSage: what tools did you want in SDK ?09:43
lbtslaine: ping re SDK update09:43
slainelbt, yup09:44
lbtso I think the existing SDKs use http://releases.merproject.org/releases/latest/09:44
lbtwhich is a symlink to the latest repos09:44
slaineI'll check mine09:45
lbtso update will always get you .... latest :)09:45
lbtthis is simple but can be confusing09:45
lbtalso Tools doesn't do releases yet :/09:45
lbtso you're permanently pointed at ':Testing' which is ... suboptimal ... given we randomly throw code there to do test builds09:46
lbtI'm working on redeploying all that at the moment09:46
lbtbut it's sunny ....09:46
slainelbt, yeah, mer-tools-testing-i486.repo  is the only one not pointing to latest09:47
lbtso zypper ref/up should work09:48
Sagelbt: well, I'm building those in one of my branches atm.09:49
Sagelbt: see https://build.pub.meego.com/project/packages?project=home%3Asage%3Abranches%3AMer%3ATools%3ATesting09:50
Sagemissing a lot though but a start which isn't tested yet either :)09:50
lbtOK - and anything else?09:51
lbtI fixed git (removed rsync dep)09:51
E-Plet's have a topic in the next QA meeting about QA tools and OBS: where the tools should be located and do we support other platforms09:52
Stskeepsyeah, makes sense09:52
Sagenot really need to test those and see how it goes.09:52
SageE-P: when is the next meeting btw?09:52
E-Pnext Thursday at 12 UTC09:53
Sage24th?09:53
E-Pyes09:53
Sageok09:53
* Stskeeps will be at driver lessons sadly09:54
Bostikhappy honking09:55
SageStskeeps: try what the instructor says when you type to IRC at the same time than driving? ;)09:55
StskeepsSage: one of my instructors was translating what to say on android's google translate app..09:55
Stskeeps:P09:55
Sage:D09:56
lbtSage: kickstarter ?09:56
Sagelbt: well that to SDK would be nice, however we need to sync the patches. I'm not sure if Stskeeps has some patches and if that branch contains the patches I have09:57
lbtno, that's in there09:57
Sagehmmp... maybe should ask a commit right to that git tree as well...09:57
lbtit's "mer-kickstarter"09:57
Sageoh09:57
Sagewhere is that tree?09:57
SageI'm using sages-kickstarter ;)09:58
lbt*g*09:58
lbt"osc copypac from project:home:stskeeps:tools package:mer-kickstarter revision:6"09:58
lbthttps://build.pub.meego.com/package/files?package=mer-kickstarter&project=Mer%3ATools%3ATesting09:59
lbtjust random code... :D09:59
Sagewhere is the upstream git tree for that? :)09:59
lbtdunno yet - that's why I'm doing this...09:59
lbtthe spec says :    URL:        http://www.merproject.org10:00
lbt:/10:00
*** alexxy has quit IRC10:01
Stskeepslbt: http://releases.merproject.org/~carsten/sb2-b1-obs-victory.txt10:09
*** alexxy has joined #mer10:13
lbt...10:14
Stskeepsdo you need explanation?10:15
lbtreading10:15
lbtsb2 cross build of binutils10:18
Stskeepsyes10:18
lbtsb2 prep as part of the init?10:19
Stskeepsand the x86 parts and arm parts are set up in a proper way10:19
Stskeepsie, x86 rpms, not a huge blob10:19
lbtso rpm preinstall and then chrooted rpm into sb2 root ?10:19
*** KaIRC has joined #mer10:19
Stskeepsrpm preinstall for both x86 and arm, start up vm, configure x86 side, initialize sb2 for arm target, install arm packages10:20
Stskeepsdo build in arm target with sb210:20
lbtsuggestion ... ammend the "[20/32] preinstalling readline..." to "[20/32] [sb2] preinstalling readline..."10:20
Stskeepsor simply [target]10:20
lbtyeah10:21
*** arcean has joined #mer10:21
* Stskeeps adds todo10:21
Stskeepsthis was b1 stuff, so10:21
lbtit's a tad confusing as to what's going where10:21
lbtalso some "phase 3 : target preparation" echo :)10:21
lbtnice though :)10:22
Stskeepsit was really simple on top of the transparent cross compile stuff10:22
lbthehe ... I wish the copyprj had been :)10:23
lbtOK ... gotta go to doctors ... bbiab10:23
Stskeepsseeya10:23
SageE-P: much experience about qttas?10:25
E-PSage: some10:25
Sageok, so if I start qttas-server on device and then qttas_ui it should show something and connect right?10:26
E-Pyes, and try the load plugins, it should find something too10:26
Sageui starts fine but the server just doesn't do anything10:26
Sageit stops silently after starting10:27
E-Phmm.. the server tries to create logs to /logs/testability10:27
Sagenemo       509  0.2  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    04:25   0:00 [qttasserver] <defunct>10:27
E-P(at least on the desktops)10:27
Sage/logs/testability to the root?10:27
E-Pyep :)10:27
Sagehmmp10:28
Sageah, one thing that I need to add to the packaging :)10:29
E-Pdo you get any logs from the server?10:30
Sagenow when the dir is there I get there some logs yes :)10:31
Sagejust a sec10:31
Sagehttp://pastie.org/394921010:31
E-Pdo you have anything else running in that port?10:33
Sageno http://pastie.org/394921710:35
SageE-P: any ideas?10:37
E-PFrom QLocalSocket: On Unix if the server crashes without closing listen will fail with AddressInUseError.10:38
E-PIIRC the server creates the file to /tmp/qttas*10:38
E-Ptry to remove the file and start the server again10:38
Sagethere is no /tmp/qt* files10:38
E-Pjust a sec, I will check something10:41
E-Pis it in the /var/tmp/?10:42
Sageno10:43
Stskeeps /run ?10:44
Sageah10:44
Sagehere /var/tmp/qttasserver_pipe10:44
E-Panything new in the logs when you start the server again?10:45
Sageyey now it runs10:46
E-Pgreat10:47
Sageand ui works as well10:47
Sagenice10:47
Sageand also this is now the 1.5.3 version I update the package10:47
E-Pgreat10:47
E-Ptry some qt application can use the tdriver plugin10:48
Sagenow time to try the tddriver on sdk10:48
E-Pusing ruby scripts or tdriver_visualizer?10:49
Sagelets see :)10:49
Sageruby scripts seem to work :)10:51
Sagehttp://pastie.org/3949281 <- moves the lock on the lockscreen10:52
*** himamura_ has joined #mer10:52
Sagecoudn't get the visualizer to start yet though10:52
Sagecan't connect to X server.10:53
E-Pthat is already a big step if the ruby scripts are working10:54
Sagejust would need to package the stuff. it is just manually hacked on my sdk atm.10:54
*** himamura has quit IRC10:55
E-Pany idea how is maintaining the tdriver now days?10:55
Sageno10:56
Sagetouched first time this thing yesterday :D10:56
Stskeepswho wrote it first?10:56
E-PNokia has maintained it for long time, but I don't know if they are still doing that10:56
Stskeepsok10:57
E-Pbut at least the upstream project is active10:57
hhurttais there any recommended software configurations for building images? I've been trying to follow http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Nemo/Creating_Releases in order to build images for N950. The builder script fails miserably with nemo-handset-armv7hl-n950 giving crapload of qemu segfaults10:57
Stskeepshhurtta: are you using Mer Platform SDK?10:57
hhurttabeen no10:58
Stskeepsok, then you should10:58
hhurttai think i had even worse results there but i'll give it another try10:58
Stskeepshttp://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Platform_SDK10:58
Stskeepsfrom there on we can debug easier10:58
Sagehhurtta: those qemu segfaults are because of qemu otherwise your process is probably ok. I had the same problem with my opensuse and then moved to mer sdk and it just works :)10:59
* Sage thanks lbt again for his work on the sdk..10:59
*** himamura_ has quit IRC10:59
*** toscalix has quit IRC10:59
*** himamura has joined #mer11:00
*** dcthang has quit IRC11:01
*** jonnor has quit IRC11:01
SageE-P: currently the testability-driver-host is a huge hack as it uses gem to install stuff which in general can't be uninstalled as those files are not in the package.11:02
SageI wonder if all of those are actually needed atm. or not11:02
*** vgrade100 has joined #mer11:02
*** dionet has joined #mer11:02
E-PSage: I don't know ruby so well, but I think there should be some nicer way of doing packaking than using gem11:03
Stskeepshhurtta: let me know the moment you hit qemu errors in sdk, it simply shouldn't happen(TM)11:04
E-Plike gem --install /path/11:04
lbtback11:05
Stskeepswb11:05
*** vgrade100 has quit IRC11:05
hhurttaStskeeps: mmkay :)11:05
lbtrelease mgmt meeting?11:05
Stskeepslbt: sure11:05
lbtnot got much myself but :)11:06
Stskeepsjust good to sync11:06
E-PSage: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Ruby#RubyGems11:06
lbtSage: :)11:06
StskeepsREMINDER: Release management meeting in #mer-meeting NOW11:07
Stskeepslbt, you'll chair?11:07
E-PSage: and the Tdriver driver has debian package configurations, maybe they will help11:08
SageE-P: ok, so what I should do is just cut all deps and package gems as I need them11:08
*** zhxt has joined #mer11:09
Stskeepshello zhxt :)11:10
zhxthi, Stskeeps11:10
Stskeepswelcome :) so what brings you here to #mer ?11:11
*** GeneralAntilles has quit IRC11:11
E-PSage: http://gitorious.org/tdriver/driver/blobs/master/rubygem-testability-driver.spec11:11
zhxtI just come here to see what's going on   :)11:11
Stskeepszhxt: sure :) if you have any questions, you can ask them at any time, else feel free to hang out :)11:12
zhxtyes,  Thanks a lot!11:13
Stskeepswhat do you hope to use Mer for, if i may ask?11:14
*** InformatiQ has joined #mer11:14
zhxtI have no idea. I'm just very interested in Meego before.11:15
slaineStskeeps: http://www.tizenexperts.com/2012/05/htc-planning-tizen-based-devices-2012-release/11:15
zhxtSo, some time i'm coming to see what is happening about Meego/Mer :)11:15
Stskeepszhxt: sure :)11:16
Stskeepsslaine: yeah, i didn't see any htc engineers around11:16
Stskeepsusually a bad sign11:16
lbtmdfe_: slaine: you tracking the release mgmt meeting ... eg notes on api breaks and schedules11:16
*** jluisn has joined #mer11:17
slainenope11:18
slaineI'll catch the logs11:18
*** jonnor has joined #mer11:21
SageE-P: this will be er... fun11:22
Sleepy_CoderSage: cool ruby example :o11:23
SageSleepy_Coder: not done by me.11:24
Sagebut thx ;)11:24
Sleepy_Coderthat's the problem with open-source development, not enough people willing to take the credit of others ;)11:25
* w00t is happy to take any unallocated credit11:26
Sleepy_Coderyou only get buttplugs.11:26
E-PSage: always, same with the python :)11:26
Sleepy_Coderw00t: maybe I should say, taking unallocated credit is good, because a credit leak would also be bad :o11:27
SageE-P: what confuses me is that those .spec files talk about the .gem file that is not in the git tree11:39
Sageto me it seems that .gem files are binaries compile from source X and in meego they used straig .gem files and didn't compile those11:40
*** DocScrutinizer has quit IRC11:42
*** DocScrutinizer has joined #mer11:42
E-Pyes, gems are ruby's own package format and the gem --install creates them from the source11:43
lbteek11:43
lbtgems11:43
E-PSage: hmm.. sorry, the gem --install tries to install from the gem file11:44
Sleepy_Codergems, eggs, rocks, pickles, modules, ..11:44
lbtrpms?11:45
Stskeepsdebs, don't forget debs11:45
Stskeeps:P11:45
E-PSage: rake is ruby's make http://gitorious.org/tdriver/driver/blobs/master/update11:45
Sleepy_Coder:]11:46
*** himamura_ has joined #mer11:48
*** himamura_ has quit IRC11:48
*** himamura has quit IRC11:51
*** GeneralAntilles has joined #mer11:53
mdfe_lbt: hi, what is about notes on api breaks and schedules?11:59
lbtmdfe_: connman api changes in upcoming mer-next11:59
mdfe_in current mer next?12:00
lbtwe'll mention it in release notes but it's also the kind of thing we discuss in release mgmt12:00
lbtnot todays12:00
lbtright now next=core12:00
mdfe_ok12:00
Stskeepshttp://mer.bfst.de/meetings/mer-meeting/2012/mer-meeting.2012-05-22-11.07.html12:01
*** toscalix has joined #mer12:01
lbtiirc though PA doesn't use connman ?12:01
* lbt goes back to work ... via lunch12:03
* Stskeeps goes prep for driving lessons12:03
SageStskeeps: driving to the lesson? ;)12:07
*** dionet has quit IRC12:08
*** u1106-office has joined #mer12:12
alteregoSage: it's golf, he needs to practise his driving :P12:12
*** szymon has joined #mer12:14
Sagealterego: hi there :)12:14
szymonhi guys:) question to SPEC/RPM - Release Tag in build.pub.meego.com: how can I force Release Tag in build process? it is increased automatically, is there a way to avoid this?12:16
alteregoSage: hey :)12:16
Stskeepsszymon: you don't really touch Release tag, it's used in a different manner in OBS12:18
StskeepsRelease tag gets transformed into <CHECK IN COUNT>.<REBUILD COUNT>12:18
szymonStskeeps: hmm, reason why i need this is:12:19
szymonStskeeps: I build my kernel module yestarday against kernel-adaptation-pc x86 but the version of image kernel is 3.0.0-1.12 and my local 3.0.0-11.1 already. So when installing it goes to the wrong directory and does not get loaded.12:20
Stskeepsszymon: if kernel-adaptation-pc is a linkpac or branch this really shouldn't happen..12:21
szymonStskeeps: i branched the kernel-adaptation-pc, in my package it says: This package links to the package kernel-adaptation-pc of....12:23
szymonStskeeps: so I guess it is ok.12:23
szymonhmm.12:23
Stskeepsszymon: by those version numbers it should be picking 3.0.0-11.1 in your images12:23
szymonStskeeps: that is exactly the problem it picks up 11.1 and not 1.12.12:23
szymonwhich is the version of kernel of the latest images.12:24
Stskeepsah..12:24
Stskeepsyour version on OBS is 1.12 ?12:24
szymonStskeeps: the other way around. Official version is 1.12 and my branched version with the patch you gave me yestarday is 11.1 already and increasing when I build it.12:25
StskeepsSage: regarding driving to lesson, no, but i thought GTA and Need For Speed would be good practice12:25
Stskeeps;012:25
Sage;)12:26
Stskeepsszymon: yes, so it should take your version in branch12:26
szymonStskeeps: and that is exactely the problem :( afterwards when installing the kernel module it installs it not into /lib/modues/1.12 but /lib/modules/11.1 directory.12:26
Stskeepsszymon: wtf12:27
Stskeeps:P12:27
Stskeepsshow me your OBS project?12:27
szymon:P12:27
szymonStskeeps: again slowly:12:27
szymonmy project is:12:28
szymonhome:simonbolek:branches:CE:Adaptation:x86-generic12:28
szymonthere is kernel-adaptation-pc package.12:28
Stskeepsok, wasn't 100% sure if it was you ;)12:28
szymonStskeeps; yes my simon nickname is always taken and i do not like those ____12:29
Stskeepsyeah12:30
szymonStskeeps: so in this package I applied in SPEC file the patch you gave me directly and built the package. BUT this package gets a new Release tag.12:31
StskeepsOK, so, upon a image creation, it should pick up your kernel-adaptation-pc 3.0.0-11.1 and your aci-controller-driver which will put into /lib/modules/11.112:31
Stskeeps3.0.0-11.1-adaptation-pc specifically12:31
szymonStskeeps: ok, this is the only way I guess.12:32
Stskeepswell, that's how it will go logically12:32
szymonStskeeps: my dumb thinking was I can stay with the release version 1.1212:32
* lbt watches Release: problem....12:32
Stskeepsit'll pick the highest version, and aci-controller-driver is built against 11.112:32
szymonStskeeps: yes ok, I just have to watch for other kernel patches from this time on.12:34
Stskeepsyes, just put them in your own copy of kernel-adaptation-pc12:34
szymonStskeep: thank you again12:36
Stskeepsnp12:36
Stskeepshow's the demo preperations going?12:36
szymonStskeeps: going well, this was the milestone i brought to show it with the controller, so after work today I deploy the controller and daemons to read its messages and test with the application.12:38
Stskeepsszymon: good :)12:38
szymonStskeeps:  yo, another long night ;)12:39
*** clopez has quit IRC12:43
*** zhxt has quit IRC12:49
StskeepsSage: integrating openssl..12:57
*** InformatiQ has quit IRC12:59
*** clopez has joined #mer12:59
* Stskeeps heads out13:04
*** sonach has joined #mer13:11
*** szymon has quit IRC13:27
*** sonach has quit IRC13:28
mdfe_lbt: sorry for maybe silly questions, but I really wonder about a diff between build numbers of architectures13:30
mdfe_I have the strange feeling that rebuilds for arm get skipped13:31
mdfe_lbt: if you take a look on following URLs you will see a diff between build numbers13:32
mdfe_https://build.pub.meego.com/package/binaries?package=calligra&project=Project%3AKDE%3ADevel&repository=CE_UX_PlasmaActive_armv7l13:32
mdfe_https://build.pub.meego.com/package/binaries?package=calligra&project=Project%3AKDE%3ADevel&repository=CE_UX_PlasmaActive_i58613:32
mdfe_I updated a dependency, then the build status for arm target get on 'blocked'13:34
mdfe_after five minutes the status told me the build status 'succeeded'13:35
mdfe_but the arm build takes normaly about 50 minutes13:35
*** notmart has quit IRC13:37
mdfe_I have a really bad feeling about this13:37
*** gabrbedd has joined #mer13:39
*** notmart has joined #mer13:39
*** himamura has joined #mer13:40
lbtmdfe_: I'll take a look13:41
lbtwhat dependency did you update?13:41
mdfe_okular13:42
lbtmmm13:42
lbt%ifarch %{ix86}13:43
lbtBuildRequires:  okular-devel13:43
mdfe_arg13:43
lbt%endif13:43
mdfe_I see13:43
mdfe_ m)13:43
lbt:)13:43
mdfe_sorry my fault13:43
lbtalways worth a sanity check13:43
mdfe_:)13:44
*** eocanha has quit IRC13:57
*** eocanha has joined #mer14:02
*** damiano has joined #mer14:03
damianohello14:03
lbthey damiano14:04
damianoI'm trying to install a meego image on HP Touchpad14:06
dm8tbrwhat sort of image?14:06
dm8tbrwhat is your goal?14:06
damianomy goal?14:07
damianoI'd like to have an usable meego/maemo/cordia... on the touchpad14:07
damianoanyone could help me?14:08
dm8tbrok... so you're trying Mer + Cordia?14:08
damianoI tried a meego image for N90014:09
damianoI followed this guide http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptation/Touchpad14:10
damianokernel loads but X doesn't start14:11
damiano:-(14:11
*** phaeron has joined #mer14:11
damianoI don't know how to go on14:12
damianomaybe image for n900 is not good at the purpose14:14
*** eocanha has left #mer14:14
smokudid you take a look at Xorg.log?  maybe it tells you what is wrong14:15
damianono, I should try to mount image in webos and look...14:17
damianodo you think I used appropriate image?14:18
*** wmarone has joined #mer14:18
*** wmarone_ has quit IRC14:18
*** phaeron has quit IRC14:18
*** ZiQiangHuan has quit IRC14:19
smokuis touchpad OMAP3 based?14:20
damianoit's qualcomm snapdragon14:22
smokuso n900 image is not a good idea14:22
smokuit uses OMAP3 specific drivers14:22
damianoi read the log14:24
*** mlfoster has joined #mer14:25
damianoit tries to load fbdev...14:25
damianofbdev is ok14:26
damianono...14:26
smokunope14:27
smokuit's omap's fbdev ;-)14:27
damianook error is "(EE) FBDEV(0): Unable to open overlay /dev/fb0/gfx"14:28
damianodid you give a look at the tutorial?14:30
damianoif X fails why It doesn't give me a shell?14:36
damianois there anybody that could help me please?14:37
dm8tbrshell would need a kernel with fb-console14:45
dm8tbrit could bind a shell to a uart though. does the device have UART? alternatively on an OTG port14:45
damianonone14:45
*** jluisn has quit IRC14:46
damianoit should have got fb-console...14:46
damianoin any case I want to understand X error14:47
dm8tbrthen make sure init binds a getty to it14:47
dm8tbrthat could ofc interfere with the x-server...14:47
damiano(EE) FBDEV(0): Unable to open overlay /dev/fb0/gfx14:48
damianowhat does it means? I don't know what gfx overlay is14:49
damianoand if it is necessary14:49
*** beford has joined #mer14:51
damianoI try to access with novaterm14:53
*** niqt has quit IRC14:58
damianohttp://pastebin.com/tXNLuK5315:02
damianoX.org.0.log15:02
*** harbaum has quit IRC15:03
*** paulsherwood has quit IRC15:11
*** Hexxeh has quit IRC15:11
*** bigbluehat has quit IRC15:11
*** Aurium has joined #mer15:12
damianowhere is xorg.conf?15:19
damiano:-(15:23
*** damiano has quit IRC15:23
*** maour has joined #mer15:24
*** paulsherwood has joined #mer15:25
*** slaine has quit IRC15:25
*** Hexxeh has joined #mer15:25
*** maour has quit IRC15:28
*** bigbluehat has joined #mer15:29
*** M4rtinK has quit IRC15:38
*** toscalix has quit IRC15:42
*** jonwil has joined #mer15:43
*** jonwil has quit IRC15:46
*** KaiRo_Mozilla has joined #mer15:56
*** toscalix has joined #mer15:57
*** KaIRC has quit IRC15:59
*** InformatiQ has joined #mer16:00
*** enc0de has quit IRC16:02
*** NIN101 has joined #mer16:09
*** InformatiQ has quit IRC16:24
*** sledges has quit IRC16:25
*** arcean has quit IRC16:31
*** maour has joined #mer16:42
*** Alison_Chaiken has joined #mer16:48
*** wubudubudubudu has quit IRC16:54
*** phaeron has joined #mer16:59
*** toscalix has quit IRC16:59
* Stskeeps returns17:10
befordhola17:11
Stskeepsm0017:11
*** phdeswer has joined #mer17:12
*** arcean has joined #mer17:13
*** rcg1 has quit IRC17:19
*** vilpan has quit IRC17:22
*** wubudubudubudu has joined #mer17:24
Sagehttps://build.pub.meego.com/package/live_build_log?arch=i586&package=rubygem-nokogiri&project=home%3Asage%3Abranches%3AMer%3ATools%3ATesting&repository=Mer_Core_i58617:26
* Sage ponders what is wrong there..17:26
*** Alison_Chaiken has quit IRC17:29
*** dionet has joined #mer17:30
E-PSage: http://adam.younglogic.com/2010/05/found-buildroot-in-installed-files-aborting/17:33
E-P"Since this is a ruby binary RPM, the correct thing to do is to move the gem install into the %build stage and then copy it into ${BUILDROOT}."17:34
*** Alison_Chaiken has joined #mer17:35
*** mdfe_ has quit IRC17:36
*** smoku has quit IRC17:37
*** u1106-office has left #mer17:40
SageE-P: hmmp... thx17:41
Sageah, I have faced this also before, just didn't recall it :)17:43
*** jluisn has joined #mer17:44
E-Pdid that work?17:44
*** sirdancealot has quit IRC17:47
*** sirdancealot has joined #mer17:47
*** trbs has joined #mer17:54
*** rcg1 has joined #mer17:56
*** phdeswer_ has joined #mer18:06
*** csdb has quit IRC18:17
*** InformatiQ has joined #mer18:17
*** csdb has joined #mer18:17
*** harbaum has joined #mer18:19
*** M4rtinK has joined #mer18:20
*** clopez has quit IRC18:30
*** BeholdMyGlory has joined #mer18:52
*** smoku has joined #mer18:54
*** Behold has quit IRC18:55
*** harbaum is now known as dg5lat19:03
*** Behold has joined #mer19:04
*** beford has quit IRC19:07
*** BeholdMyGlory has quit IRC19:07
*** dg5lat is now known as harbaum19:13
*** araujo has quit IRC19:14
*** beford has joined #mer19:20
*** araujo has joined #mer19:22
*** araujo has joined #mer19:22
*** pohly has quit IRC19:25
*** tommis has joined #mer19:31
*** decibyte_ is now known as decibyte19:32
StskeepsQuery to everybody: how many years do you expect to have your TV, living room table, fridge, mobile phone, wardrobe (clothes) after buying it?19:33
Sleepy_CoderTV -> 6 years, living room table -> forever, fridge -> 15 years, mobile phone -> 3 years (honest), clothes -> 5 years19:34
Sleepy_Coderawkward honesty: I have clothes from highschool I bought 8 years ago that I still wear. Because I don't grow at all :(19:35
*** harbaum has quit IRC19:36
*** harbaum has joined #mer19:38
Stskeepsget a wife, it helps trim the population19:39
Stskeeps:P19:39
Stskeepsof tshirts19:39
*** InformatiQ has quit IRC19:40
*** tommis has quit IRC19:41
ali1234i replace things when they break or wear out19:44
ali1234if they wear out in under 5 years i get annoyed19:45
ali1234also i've never bought a TV, table, fridge, or mobile phone19:46
BostikI still have and use my 4y old e71, but when I need to replace I honestly don't expect the new models with touchscreens to last much longer than 2 years19:50
Bostikother numbers from sleepy are pretty much in range, perhaps TV is something like 5y and clothes generally see no more than 3-4y of use (some isolated exceptions go longer, such as *very good* shoes)19:52
Bostikand I don't think I even own socks older than ~18 months :)19:52
jarkko^I haven't owned a TV after 2k719:52
jarkko^when they switched to digital network in Finland..19:53
jarkko^TV is fairly obsolote device19:54
*** arcean has quit IRC19:55
*** jonnor has quit IRC20:00
*** mlfoster_ has joined #mer20:02
*** mlfoster has quit IRC20:04
*** mlfoster_ is now known as mlfoster20:04
*** maour has quit IRC20:04
*** maour has joined #mer20:05
*** tsdedst has joined #mer20:06
*** araujo has quit IRC20:07
* Sage just found out about "RpmLintIgnore" feature of spectacle and is loving it.20:10
*** phaeron has quit IRC20:11
Sagehttp://pastie.org/395185320:11
Sagechanged .yaml and rest was done by spectacle20:11
*** tommis has joined #mer20:11
*** talavis has quit IRC20:14
*** talavis has joined #mer20:15
*** jstaniek has joined #mer20:17
*** tommis has quit IRC20:20
*** clopez has joined #mer20:23
*** araujo has joined #mer20:27
*** niqt has joined #mer20:38
*** jonnor has joined #mer20:38
*** harbaum has quit IRC20:45
*** notmart has quit IRC20:51
Sleepy_CoderStskeeps: maybe I'll get a smartphone to call 'wifely'21:04
*** Facefox has quit IRC21:05
*** mlfoster_ has joined #mer21:05
Sleepy_CoderHer name will be Siri, and I'll call her wifely out of affection.21:05
* Sleepy_Coder hides21:05
*** mlfoster has quit IRC21:08
*** mlfoster_ is now known as mlfoster21:08
*** jluisn has quit IRC21:09
Sagehmmp21:09
Sagesomething wrong with my nokogiri gem packaging: http://pastie.org/395213521:09
lbtSage: I'm pushing code to :Tools from Testing - any issues with spectacle?21:11
*** NIN101 has quit IRC21:12
Sagelbt: well haven't noted myself but it is just me :)21:13
lbtwell, all the SDKs are tied to :Testing anyhow ... so everyone will get it on update :/21:14
lbtbtw did I share my cmp_src osc plugin?21:14
lbtproduces this: https://gist.github.com/277167021:15
Sageanyone happen to have fedora 17 installed and running?21:19
lbtnope21:19
SageI really don't understand enough about ruby to see what file is in wrong place atm. :/21:20
Sage/usr/share/rubygems/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `require': cannot load such file -- nokogiri/nokogiri (LoadError)21:20
Sagedoes that mean nokogiri dir which contains nokogiri file or some nokogiri.so file+21:20
lbtI'm extremely dubious about 'supporting' ruby btw... https://build.pub.meego.com/project/monitor?project=home%3Albt%3Arails21:25
lbtI'm very seriously tempted to abandon any concept of packaging for it21:26
Sageoh, come on... why you have named rubygem-* packages ruby-* :D21:26
lbtthey're all for debian21:27
lbtso debian packaging standards21:27
Sageoh21:27
lbtthe point is similar though21:27
lbtruby has got bundler21:27
lbtit may be a more sane approach21:27
Sageok, enough for today. Time to sleep21:28
lbtpackaging the ruby gems sucked a lot of dev time for boss21:28
Sagewell it still does :)21:28
lbtso I'm just wondering if we should review how we handle ruby solutions  :)21:28
lbtsuse has a nice ruby packaging tool though21:29
Sagewell we need to package those because using just gem to install the gems isn't good solution as one can't really uninstall/install them then properly21:29
lbtgem2rpm21:29
lbtyeah, actually it works well21:30
Sageuh, there is multiple websites for it and faced an very old one and didn't consider it as an option as it was like 5 years old21:31
lbtthe suse one is fine21:31
lbtit's what we use for boss stuff21:31
* Sage zzZZZZzzZzZZ21:31
lbtping me when you get back into it and I'll pastie some of the scripts :)21:31
*** FireFly has quit IRC21:37
*** FireFly has joined #mer21:37
*** trbs has quit IRC21:38
*** tommis has joined #mer21:43
*** maour has quit IRC21:48
*** tommis has quit IRC21:52
*** Facefox has joined #mer22:00
*** gabrbedd has quit IRC22:09
*** mlfoster has quit IRC22:12
*** rcg1 has quit IRC22:16
*** smoku has left #mer22:17
*** Aurium has quit IRC22:18
*** himamura has quit IRC22:19
*** Termana|rdlBNC has joined #mer22:19
*** ali1234 has quit IRC22:20
*** Termana|rdlBNC has quit IRC22:21
*** cxl000 has quit IRC22:30
*** mlfoster has joined #mer22:34
*** M4rtinK has quit IRC22:34
*** jstaniek has quit IRC22:36
*** ali1234 has joined #mer22:36
*** niqt has quit IRC22:40
*** tmzt_ has quit IRC23:27
*** tmzt has joined #mer23:31
*** Basstard` has joined #mer23:36
*** crazyusb has joined #mer23:42
*** mlfoster has quit IRC23:54

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.9.2 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!