Thursday, 2012-02-23

*** niqt has quit IRC00:03
*** lilstevie has joined #mer00:04
*** tomeff has joined #mer00:07
*** gabrbedd has quit IRC00:19
*** himamura has joined #mer00:21
*** NPX has quit IRC00:22
*** alh has quit IRC00:22
*** vprints_mobile has quit IRC00:22
*** Dotti has quit IRC00:22
*** Milhouse has quit IRC00:22
*** ieatlint has quit IRC00:22
*** araujo has quit IRC00:22
*** agi has quit IRC00:22
*** sandst1 has quit IRC00:22
*** frals has quit IRC00:22
*** mihero has quit IRC00:22
*** eman` has quit IRC00:22
*** dmb_ has quit IRC00:22
*** jstaniek has quit IRC00:26
*** NPX has joined #mer00:28
*** alh has joined #mer00:28
*** vprints_mobile has joined #mer00:28
*** Dotti has joined #mer00:28
*** Milhouse has joined #mer00:28
*** ieatlint has joined #mer00:28
*** araujo has joined #mer00:28
*** agi has joined #mer00:28
*** sandst1 has joined #mer00:28
*** frals has joined #mer00:28
*** mihero has joined #mer00:28
*** eman` has joined #mer00:28
*** dmb_ has joined #mer00:28
lbtUpdated instructions here: with updated link to - feedback welcome00:32
*** dijenerate has quit IRC00:42
*** mdavey has quit IRC00:45
*** dijenerate has joined #mer00:51
*** otep has quit IRC00:51
*** otep has joined #mer00:53
*** kavurt has joined #mer00:59
*** slaine has quit IRC01:14
*** sirdancealot has joined #mer01:17
*** sonach has joined #mer01:24
*** ZiQiangHuan has joined #mer01:32
*** himamura has quit IRC01:36
*** tsdedst has quit IRC01:36
*** himamura has joined #mer01:37
*** odin_ has joined #mer01:52
*** kavurt has quit IRC01:54
*** dijenerate has quit IRC02:19
*** KaIRC has quit IRC02:29
*** dijenerate has joined #mer02:32
*** himamura has quit IRC02:37
*** himamura has joined #mer02:40
*** rolandx1 has quit IRC02:45
*** rolandx1 has joined #mer02:58
*** screwgoth has joined #mer03:34
*** screwgoth has quit IRC03:35
*** tsdedst has joined #mer03:48
*** ZiQiangHuan has quit IRC03:48
*** tsdedst_ has joined #mer04:03
*** tsdedst has quit IRC04:06
*** berndhs has joined #mer04:07
*** lynxis_ has quit IRC04:23
timophlbt: cool04:36
*** dcthang has joined #mer04:45
*** ZiQiangHuan has joined #mer04:57
*** kimitake_idle is now known as kimitake05:03
*** Jade has quit IRC05:05
*** Jade has joined #mer05:05
*** sonach has quit IRC05:07
*** sonach has joined #mer05:08
*** ZiQiangHuan has quit IRC05:18
*** sonach has quit IRC05:38
timophbtw, if we include the predefined sb2 targets to the sdk how much bigger the rootfs will be?05:44
Stskeepsgood question05:45
Stskeepsanything below 3gb is a strong proposition05:46
timophhow your weekend if we'll have a sdk status meeting or is it too short notice?05:48
Stskeepssounds like a good time, just announce it05:48
* timoph thinking about the day/time05:49
*** ZiQiangHuan has joined #mer05:51
* Stskeeps 's sense of time and space hasn't awoken yet05:51
timophI think I'll go for tomorrow 18 utc05:51
*** sonach has joined #mer05:52
Stskeepstimoph: happen to have a n950 nearby with pr1.2 beta?05:55
timophno. it's at home :/05:55
iekkumer(ry) day06:00
iekkuor morning06:00
Stskeepsmorn iekku :)06:00
iekkuunder 30h with ixonos06:00
iekkuafter that hopefully more time to spend with you guys also06:01
Stskeepsyeah.. 5 days left of my nokia contract too06:01
Stskeepsmay ze future be bright06:01
*** ZiQiangHuan has quit IRC06:02
*** ZiQiangHuan has joined #mer06:05
timophalmost -3 months for me :p06:05
*** tomeff has quit IRC06:10
*** vprints_mobile has quit IRC06:22
*** vprints_mobile has joined #mer06:22
*** aldeba has joined #mer06:25
*** sonach has quit IRC06:25
Stskeepshello aldeba06:26
aldebahi stskeeps06:27
Stskeepswelcome :) so what brings you here to #mer ?06:28
aldebameego-arm pointed me this way :)06:28
aldebajust got a trimslice, looking at how i can stretch it.06:28
aldebaso far it seems to be xbmc.06:28
aldebaand meego seems to be the one working so far.06:28
Stskeepsxbmc, qtmediahub etc - mer should run on trimslice just fine06:28
aldebai'm going to give it a spin this evening.06:29
Stskeepsalright, if there's any questions feel free to ask06:30
aldebathat's a helpful link06:30
Stskeepsseems to be a fairly complete hardware adaptation06:32
cxl000aldeba I have build new hardware adaptation packages based on the L4T R12 drop in
aldebawhat's up with the errors?06:36
Stskeepsaldeba: we did a changeover in build system, those errors are just temporary06:37
Stskeepscxl000: osc rebuild --failed06:37
*** jargon- has joined #mer06:40
aldebadoes the obs include the image file?06:41
Stskeeps is what you can use to build one with06:43
Stskeepslbt: no 'x86' please, 'i486' or 'i586' so we know what mer core it's based on06:43
aldebais there any ks file for the tegra?06:46
aldebai mean trimslice.06:49
*** vprints_mobile has quit IRC06:50
aldebacx1000: is the link you sent following the git repo from ?06:50
*** ZiQiangHuan has quit IRC06:50
*** ZiQiangHuan has joined #mer06:52
cxl000not git. the kernel is the 2.01 trimslice code drop. the graphics drivers are the softfp driver from nvidia's L4T R12 code drop06:52
aldebathanxs. i need to spend some time to get my head around the repo, packages and the mer website ;)06:53
cxl000I've got to go now but I'll drop a ks somewhere latter.06:54
*** cxl000 has quit IRC06:54
*** jukkaeklund has joined #mer06:57
Stskeepsjukkaeklund: happen to have a pr1.2-beta n950?07:00
Stskeepscan you dpkg -l | grep libgles2 and tell me what version number it has?07:01
Stskeepssame with | grep kernel07:02
*** AndrewX192_ is now known as AndrewX19207:03
*** tsdedst_ has quit IRC07:06
jukkaeklundsure, hold on sec..07:06
*** kurtul has joined #mer07:06
*** pohly has joined #mer07:08
jukkaeklundstskeeps, 1:1.4.285+0m707:09
*** sonach has joined #mer07:09
vgrademorning, looks like RaspberryPi day07:11
ZiQiangHuanStskeeps: Is gst-plugin-bad available in Mer's repo ?07:11
ZiQiangHuanStskeeps: I see gst-plugin-bad there, but not gst-plugin-ugly07:13
StskeepsZiQiangHuan: you can probably grab srpm from meego07:15
Stskeepsi don't think we have -bad-free07:15
ZiQiangHuanStskeeps: srpm from meego ?07:15
timophvgrade: a bit wrong link in the tweet :p07:18
Stskeepsjukkaeklund: and kernel?07:18
Stskeepsand as usual, that kernel isn't published anywhere07:19
ZiQiangHuanStskeeps: Do you mean
dm8tbranother round of 'please comply with the GPL and send us a DVD'?07:23
StskeepsZiQiangHuan: yes, for example07:23
Stskeepsdm8tbr: well, that is what the PLA does say07:24
ZiQiangHuanStskeeps: only gst-bad there, not gst-ugly07:24
StskeepsZiQiangHuan: ah, might have to package that yourself then07:24
Stskeepswe don't package that as it has patent problems07:24
Stskeepsjukkaeklund: yes, that doesn't contain it07:25
dm8tbrjukkaeklund: the people responsible for this probably sit in helsinki and not in tampere? else I could walk over to the nokia office and pick up the dvd...07:25
jukkaeklundanybody sent a request for DVD?07:26
*** mdavey has joined #mer07:26
Stskeepsthink there's people who have done that the moment the beta came out07:26
*** niqt has joined #mer07:29
* jukkaeklund tweeted..07:30
Stskeepsam taking some time to update bits and pieces on n950/n9 adaptation while i still can, so07:32
vgradetimoph, thanks, not awake yet07:32
jukkaeklundstskeeps, good07:33
*** leinir has quit IRC07:34
*** mdavey has quit IRC07:37
*** drussell has joined #mer07:42
*** Clark008 has quit IRC07:44
*** cxl000 has joined #mer07:47
*** Clark008 has joined #mer07:49
*** sonach has quit IRC07:49
*** sonach has joined #mer07:52
*** leinir has joined #mer07:53
*** InformatiQ has joined #mer07:55
*** gimli has quit IRC07:55
*** marquiz_ has joined #mer07:56
*** norayr has joined #mer07:59
*** himamura has quit IRC08:03
*** marquiz_ has quit IRC08:15
*** harbaum has joined #mer08:15
*** jukkaeklund_ has joined #mer08:17
*** jstaniek_QFridge has joined #mer08:17
lbttimoph: 18:00 on a friday is OK for me if it's .fi time but I'm out later in the evening08:18
lbtStskeeps: that's easy - change core to atom/x86 :D08:18
Stskeepslbt: feel free to send patches08:18
Stskeepsand good morning08:19
lbtgood morning08:19
* Stskeeps is on his second cup f coffee08:19
lbtI really liked your idea of using names - so I thought I'd try it out08:19
*** jukkaeklund has quit IRC08:20
lbtgiven the confusion on arches I'm wondering if we should just start somewhere.... ?08:20
Stskeepskeep them in style with what image names are usually made08:20
Stskeepsie, mer-RPMARCH-08:21
*** drussell has quit IRC08:22
lbtOK - but you get to explain to every 64bit AMD user why they should download the i486 SDK and not the i58608:22
Stskeepsshortly there'll only be the i486 sdk08:22
Stskeepsie, from next next release08:22
Stskeepsas i switch default cross compilers to be built with _i486 instead of _i58608:23
*** lpotter has joined #mer08:23
timophlbt: I wouldn't mind moving it to 18:00 .fi time (16 utc) if someone doesn't strongly disagree with it08:24
Stskeepsi don't mind, it might e better for me too08:24
* timoph sends another mail08:24
Sage_Stskeeps: I think we should add "Mer Compiling Tool" pkg group as well similar to build-essential meta package in ubuntu08:30
Stskeepsor at least something corresponding to obs's build base08:31
Sage_lbt: I mean packages like "gcc make gcc-c++"08:32
lbtI'm arranging the sdk/image production to allow modular build up - I'd like to provide a minimal rootfs (as well as fat ones) where you can "zypper in Mer OBS development" or somtehing08:33
lbtand Sage_ yes, that's totally on the list08:33
Stskeepslbt: how do you feel about aggregates in Mer:Tools btw..?08:33
lbtStskeeps: for what reason?08:34
Stskeepslbt: i can't see any better way  to get cross compilers into the SDK08:34
Sage_lbt: so something to;a=tree;f=patterns;h=3617c948d38835558c3f87cc89d84ba6680bfa79;hb=HEAD08:34
Stskeepsas they're within the arm* repos exclusively, on i586 scheduler side08:34
Stskeepsthough i guess we can in release process seperate them out..08:34
lbtStskeeps: as long as it's documented I'm fine with it08:35
lbtI also don't mind adding another repo08:35
Stskeepsanother repo might be cleanr, yeah08:35
lbtrepos are (within reason) an implementation detail that most dev users shouldn't see08:35
lbtand even if they do - it may give more flexibility08:35
lbtSage_: yes please -  I wanted to link the groupings in my link with the ones in yours08:36
lbtbut I don't fully get patterns yet - as in I think they're made at release?08:37
lbtwhich may make them tricky to use whilst iterating the sdk?08:37
lbtnb ... has anyone tried the sdk?08:38
Stskeepsdoing it atm08:39
lbtI ran through the instructions last night and it seemed OK08:39
Sage_lbt: I'll do some initla thing for compiling tools, we just need to decide the name :)08:39
lbtI'd like a few more tasks on the wiki08:39
lbtSage_: well, I'm doing that in the sdk anyway....08:40
lbtso shall we do it there first?08:40
Sage_lbt: I think we should have it in core anyway as users (like me) want at times to compile on their Mer device as well08:41
lbtyeah, not disagreeing08:41
Sage_that group can't include any sdk tools just the ones in core though but that should be ok on sdk pov as well08:41
lbtso my task for today is to make compilation work in sdk - and that means making those groups etc08:42
lbtso trying to avoid duplicating work08:42
*** sonach has left #mer08:43
lbtis it blocking you?08:43
Sage_lbt: not really. Installed each package by hand08:43
lbtand am I right about groups only applying via the full (pre)release process?08:43
Sage_lbt: What do you mean with that?08:44
Sage_groups are provided with the repository08:44
Sage_as they might change between releases08:44
lbtso.... I edit the yaml08:45
lbtthen run mic08:45
Sage_ <-08:45
lbtdoes it use new groups08:45
Sage_the .yaml gets exported as .xml with the release and then mic and zypper can use those08:45
lbtright, so "no"08:45
lbtnot until the next release08:45
Sage_well you can do your own repository that contains groups and use those before new release08:46
lbtso iterating the SDK to see if the groups are right .... slow process ;)08:46
Sage_groups can be in separete repository than packages08:46
lbthacking in the .ks until it's all OK, then making groups....08:46
lbtah - that's interesting08:46
Sage_so nothing prevents testing groups against any release08:46
lbtOK - I'll try that at some point too then08:47
*** dazo_afk is now known as dazo08:49
*** simon___ has joined #mer08:51
Stskeepshello simon___08:51
*** simon___ has left #mer08:51
*** norayr has quit IRC08:52
*** jukkaeklund_ has quit IRC08:53
*** Ofpo has quit IRC09:01
*** Alison_Chaiken has quit IRC09:01
*** Openfree` has quit IRC09:01
*** notmart has joined #mer09:05
*** notmart has joined #mer09:05
*** Ofpo has joined #mer09:11
*** Openfree` has joined #mer09:11
*** norayr has joined #mer09:11
*** mdfe_ has joined #mer09:13
Stskeepsmoin mdfe_09:13
mdfe_good morning :)09:14
vgrademdfe_ morning, I'm back home now and catching up on 3 days IRC backlog. I also saw some new PA images , thanks09:15
*** sonach has joined #mer09:16
mdfe_vgrade: good morning, yes we updated testing project yesterday09:16
mdfe_lbt: good morning, do you have time to take a short look on a strange issue?09:18
lbtmdfe_: for you....09:18
mdfe_no idea why it breaks, and only mer next on arm is effected09:18
Stskeepsdoes it happen with rebuild too?09:19
mdfe_I tried yesterday twice, but try again09:19
Stskeepsit -might- be a sb2 bug in first case09:20
*** slaine has joined #mer09:20
Stskeepser, worst09:20
mdfe_any idea what '<name>.rpm has no hdrmd5' mean?09:20
Stskeepsive seen it once before but just dismissed it as a fluke09:20
mdfe_has it to do with rpmlint?09:23
*** trbs has joined #mer09:23
Stskeepsyes, but other rpm things would complain too09:23
lbttoo big to calculate?09:24
*** lpotter has quit IRC09:25
*** lpotter has joined #mer09:27
*** tpn has joined #mer09:27
Stskeepshow big are those things?09:28
*** mdavey has joined #mer09:29
*** sonach has left #mer09:29
vgrade748MB tgz in package09:30
vgradesry tare09:30
vgradesry tar09:30
slaineHowdy folks09:31
Stskeepslbt: nitpick.. can we somehow do a different PS1/PS2 in target?09:31
Stskeepsin chroot09:31
Stskeeps[mer-sdk] kind of thing09:31
lbtyeah - I noticed that09:31
*** drussell has joined #mer09:31
vgradeslaine, hi09:31
lbtthe problem is that it mounts home .... so same .profile etc09:32
lbtI'm going to break the script up btw09:32
lbtto prepare_sdk and enter_sdk09:32
Stskeepslbt: also, install qemu-usermode-static09:32
lbtso we can have multiple shells too09:32
mdfe_but why does it work for i586?09:33
lbtah yes :)09:33
Stskeepsmdfe_: good question09:33
Stskeepsmdfe_: could i ask you to file a bug on this for the prerelease so we remember?09:33
mdfe_I will do09:33
Stskeepsthank you09:33
*** DocScrutinizer has joined #mer09:37
Stskeepslbt: carsten@ideapad:~$ ls -al /tmp09:37
Stskeepstotal 809:37
Stskeepsdrwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Feb 23 09:36 .09:37
Stskeepsdr-xr-xr-x 21 root root 4096 Feb 23 09:30 ..09:37
lbtnot sticky?09:39
*** Doc_No_ACTA_zer has quit IRC09:39
slaineI'd a nice few days off, but it looks like you've all been very busy09:39
Stskeepsslaine: yeah.. getting somewhere finally09:41
*** smoku has joined #mer09:48
*** kurtul has quit IRC09:48
lbtjust left SDK and found loads of mic droppings in the mount table09:48
lbthave they never heard of 'catch' ?09:49
*** himamura has joined #mer09:51
lbt-> coffee09:52
*** jukkaeklund_ has joined #mer10:03
*** mdavey has quit IRC10:04
*** mdavey has joined #mer10:05
*** csslayer has joined #mer10:09
*** niqt has quit IRC10:19
*** vandenoever has joined #mer10:26
*** ScriptRipper has joined #mer10:28
*** ScriptRipper has joined #mer10:29
* Stskeeps plays with sb2-as-sdk10:29
*** afiestas has quit IRC10:34
Stskeepslbt: timoph:
lbtleave it alone ...10:36
Stskeepsthat's inside your sdk fwiw10:36
lbtis mds2 finished?10:36
Stskeepsno, i'm showing you this so it's possible for you to do something with it10:37
Stskeepsi needed to verify something anyway10:37
* lbt knows a sidetrack when he sees one10:37
*** jukkaeklund_ has quit IRC10:39
lbtso how did sb2 get in there?10:39
lbtmer-core-armv7l-base.ks ?10:39
Stskeepstake a random mer image, add it as a SB2 target, install qt development headers, run qmake in target, install glibc devel headers, compile sample .c file in target and run it10:40
Stskeepssb2 got installed alongside but you're not using 0.110:40
lbtOK - I see what you've done10:42
Stskeepsso i added 0.1 repos to SDK and updated to it's glibc and scratchbox2 install10:42
lbtsb2-init and then sb2 <cmd>10:42
Stskeepsyes, add it as a sb2 target10:43
* Stskeeps waits for pastie10:43
lbtthat sb2 is executing on host10:43
lbtnot in sdk10:43
*** kimitake is now known as kimitake_idle10:43
*** afiestas has joined #mer10:43
Stskeepslet's not confuse things here..10:43
Stskeepssb2 is in sdk10:43
Stskeepsi don't touch my / from my laptop10:43
lbtso that's a nested sdk ?10:44
Stskeepsit's easier to think of that part as a cross compile framework, calling it10:44
Stskeeps'sb2-as-sdk' is bad10:44
Stskeepsas i just did10:44
lbtOK - so .... sb2 -t armv7l-mer -m obs-rpm-build bash10:44
Stskeepsright, that tells it to use the armv7l-mer target we initialised, use mode obs-rpm-build, and execute 'bash'10:44
lbtthen I'm in an sb2 dev-env10:45
lbtmake, gcc, etc10:45
lbtwhat I was uncertain about is where / would take me10:45
Stskeeps shows how i got cross compilers, which makes you understand why i was talking about aggregates earlier10:45
Stskeeps(see 'armv7l-port')10:46
*** lizardo has joined #mer10:47
lbtError <creator>: Command 'qemu-arm-static' is not available10:47
lbtis that why you asked earlier?10:47
Stskeepsabout the x86 vs atom, or what do you mean10:48
Stskeepsbasically sdk doesn't build against 0.1 so scratchbox2/qemu-arm-static/qemu-arm [dynamic] etc aren't in there10:48
Stskeepsand yes10:48
Stskeepsinstalling that is useful for mic10:48
*** KaIRC has joined #mer10:49
Stskeepselse it can't do arm images10:50
lbtyep - just added it to the yaml for sdk10:50
lbtsudo zypper ar armv7l-port  for cross-armv7l-gcc/binutils10:52
Stskeepsi'd like to give them a /cross/ dir instead of packages/10:52
Stskeepswhich can be safely added to sdk10:53
lbtthat would make more sense10:53
lbtkeep the rope short10:53
Stskeepsanyway, just showing what can be done with it and some challenges encountered/how to solve them/etc10:54
lbtI'll replicate and put into sdk yaml10:54
lbtand note some todos10:54
Stskeepsit is quite powerful proposition -- here, make an image, here's how to install packages into it, here's how to build software10:54
Stskeepsall with cross compiler and fast tools10:54
Stskeepszypper, rpm, gcc, bash are x8610:54
Stskeepspackages=development headers10:56
*** drussell has quit IRC11:04
*** andre__ has joined #mer11:04
*** andre__ has joined #mer11:04
Sage_Stskeeps: there is unzip in mer but no zip?11:06
StskeepsSage_: woops?11:06
Sage_or is it hidden in some other package11:06
*** drussell has joined #mer11:06
Stskeepsno, you're right11:06
Sage_ok, well would be nice to have :)11:06
Stskeepstask bug please11:07
Stskeepswhere were we on gdb?11:07
Stskeepsoh, submitted11:07
Sage_yes it is in gerrit already11:08
Stskeepsgdb -- i'd actually like libunwind11:08
Sage_Stskeeps: well that could be task to add that.11:09
Stskeepsor not, hmm11:10
* Stskeeps glances11:10
Sage_I can do the packaging for zip if you want if you do repo for me.11:10
Stskeepsmake sure to update the sw11:11
Stskeepsthink there's some CVE's on it11:11
Sage_I'm always checking upstream when pushing patches :)11:12
*** tpn has quit IRC11:12
*** jluisn has joined #mer11:14
*** KaIRC has quit IRC11:14
*** jluisn has quit IRC11:14
*** jluisn has joined #mer11:17
*** KaIRC has joined #mer11:17
Sage_wow, zip and unzip haven't updated in a "while" :)11:17
Sage_nice and stable software :)11:17
Sage_zip in 2008 and unzip in 200911:18
lbtwhere are they used?11:23
Stskeepsunzip is used in toolchain side11:23
lbtvague thoughts about handling file attributes11:24
*** kavurt has joined #mer11:27
lbtahma: Bostik .... I'd like to announce a planning meeting for gettng Qt5 into Mer core - when's good for you? I'm thinking early next week? mon/tue11:30
Bostiklbt: moment11:31
lbtthinking Monday 13:30 UTC which is post-bug triage and pre RE meeting on Tuesday11:32
Bostikmonday, after 11:30 EET (9:30 UTC ?) would be good11:32
Bostikwhich is a match; ahma, good for you?11:32
lbtOK - we can do monday morning11:32
Stskeeps9:30 UTC works for me too11:33
Bostikany time starting from 9:30 UTC on monday is good for me; at that point I should have both hands available :)11:34
lbtOK ... sending11:35
Stskeepslet's check ahma is good with it first?11:35
lbtyeah - just noticed that was Bostik twice :)11:36
* lbt wants a "put this in drafts and send it in 30mins unless you re-edit it" option11:37
Bostikemail with dead man's switch11:38
dcthanggood news if Qt5 can be taken into Mer11:44
Stskeepslet's see how we can do it the best11:44
*** KaiRo_Mozilla has joined #mer11:45
*** KaIRC has quit IRC11:48
*** InformatiQ has quit IRC11:49
*** makdere has joined #mer11:53
Stskeepshello makdere11:55
makderehello Stskeeps11:55
Stskeepswelcome - so what brings you here to #mer ? :)11:55
makderei was wondering around, and heard about mer project, read a little about from the project site11:56
*** ZiQiangHuan has quit IRC11:56
makdereand then came along here, just to watch what is going on11:57
Stskeepsalright, got any questions we could help answer?11:57
makderethanks a lot, not for now, just curiosity :) i will bother you if i have any ;)11:58
Stskeepsalright, feel free to hang around :)11:58
Sage_lbt: shouldn't there be a --numeric-owner also in sdk guide when extracting the rootfs? ?12:03
Stskeepsthere should indeed be12:04
Stskeepsand -p12:04
*** dcthang has quit IRC12:06
Sage_added those to guide12:07
*** ZiQiangHuan has joined #mer12:09
*** makdere has quit IRC12:13
Sage_lbt, timoph: the exit from mer-sdk-chroot doesn't umount automatically on my f15 (it it alraedy noted in wiki page) just FYI.12:14
lbtwhat happens?12:16
*** ZiQiangHuan has quit IRC12:18
lbthmmm - do you start any bg processes in .profile .... like ssh-agent?12:19
*** eocanha has joined #mer12:19
lbtor .bashrc12:19
Sage_no .profile and only alias things in .bashrc12:20
*** InformatiQ has joined #mer12:20
Stskeepslbt: i had /proc/../usb mounted in my chroot at some point12:21
*** ZiQiangHuan has joined #mer12:21
lbtyeah - I'm definitely splitting the script into 2 parts12:21
lbtone will be "u/mount stuff" and the other "enter"12:21
lbtbut Sage_ *something* is stopping that from umounting12:22
lbtie has an open file on it12:23
lbtcan you lsof/fuser it12:23
lbtoh, I see it was OK at the end of the pastie12:24
Sage_lbt: hmmp12:24
lbtdon't tell me... it's OK now :)12:25
Sage_lbt: what to be exact if I do it for the mountdir from outside I get well a lot of stuff as my whole desktop is using things in my home12:25
lbtgood point12:26
Sage_and yes it is ok now :D12:26
lbtwell, at least it noticed and warned you12:26
*** sonach has joined #mer12:26
Sage_now it works without any problems :P12:26
lbtI think splitting will make this *much* less of an issue12:26
eocanhaStskeeps: how can I test that MDS is properly installed? What URL should I try, so that I can get contents and make sure it's working properly?12:26
*** himamura has quit IRC12:27
Stskeepseocanha: curl http://yourip:8001/public/source/Core:i58612:27
Stskeepsthat's a good start12:27
Stskeepsdoes it show xml?12:28
Stskeepsyourip being changed into your ip, right? :)12:29
eocanhalinks says "error reading from source", and Chrome says "server closed connection without sending any data"12:29
eocanhayes, yes12:29
Stskeepsalright, that's a start12:29
Stskeepsdid you python 8001 or python tools/ 8001 ?12:29
eocanhaI'm testing it with links in the same server where MDS is running.12:30
*** csslayer has quit IRC12:30
eocanha /usr/bin/python /mer/release-tools/tools/ 800112:30
Stskeepsso, your current working directory needs to be in /mer/release-tools12:30
eocanhadoes it need some kind of write permissions?12:31
Stskeepsno, but it does need to have current working directory == /mer/release-tools12:31
eocanhaok, I'll check that12:31
sonacheocanha: I have note this on the wiki of the working directory...12:32
sonacheocanha: because I encounter the same error:)12:32
*** csslayer_ has joined #mer12:32
*** ScriptRipper has quit IRC12:32
eocanhaI think that the current dir is fine, cause I launch it from a script like this:12:33
eocanhacd /mer/release-tools12:33
eocanha/usr/bin/sudo -u obsrun -s "/usr/bin/python /mer/release-tools/tools/ 8001"12:33
Stskeepsdoes /mer/release-tools/obs-projects/Core/i586 exist?12:34
eocanhaand I've changed the /usr/bin/python command line to /usr/bin/sh and the shell appears in /mer/release-tools, so the current dir is being respected12:34
*** InformatiQ has quit IRC12:34
Stskeepsokay, any chance you can see logs from the fakeobs itself?12:35
Stskeepsit should throw an exception or the likes12:35
*** M4rtinK has joined #mer12:36
*** ZiQiangHuan has quit IRC12:38
eocanhahmmm... now I called python by hand passing the relative path to the script and it works. It should be something related to the path.12:38
eocanhaI'll have a look into it. Thanks!12:38
lbtfyi ... mic seems to be unhappy on 1st run
lbtthis happened for each image variant .... just FYI12:40
lbt too fyi12:42
lbtjust in case you hit it12:42
*** parancibia has joined #mer12:42
Stskeepsdid you add rpm --rebuild db12:43
*** tanuk_ is now known as tanuk12:43
lbtbut mic 0.6 may not need it12:43
Stskeepsand rm -rf /var/lib/rpm/__* ?12:43
Stskeepsbefore rebuild12:44
lbtwhen I check the root the /var/lib/rpm/ has no __db files12:44
lbtit's not important right now...12:45
Stskeepsgive me .ks so i can try?12:45
lbtit's in that url dir listing12:46
lbtI didn't yet run it locally12:46
lbt(in a mer mic)12:46
*** niqt has joined #mer12:47
*** tomeff has joined #mer12:48
Stskeepsthat's a really odd looking .ks, fwiw12:51
*** sonach has quit IRC12:53
*** csslayer_ has quit IRC12:54
Stskeepsthis is on a ssse3 machine though12:55
Stskeepsbut with i486 chroot12:55
*** ZiQiangHuan has joined #mer13:00
lbtwhy do you say it is odd?13:01
Stskeepswell, it doesn't look like one of those that kickstarter makes, hence odd13:02
Stskeepsnothing syntaxically wrong though13:02
Stskeepsalso, double @Mer Core13:02
lbtyes, I know why13:02
lbtI plan on redoing the cheetah template13:03
*** lynxis_ has joined #mer13:03
lbtit mandates stuff13:03
lbtlike a partition for a rootfs13:03
*** ZiQiangHuan has quit IRC13:04
lbtalso when we do inheritance and such we'll de-dupe groups and packages13:04
Stskeepswell, rootfs mandating doesn't sound insane..13:04
Stskeepskeep in mind this translates into a fstab13:04
lbtrootfs mandating a partition size for a fs image?13:04
Stskeepsyeah, okay, that's a bit useless13:05
Stskeepsstill, "free space" indicator on target fs?13:05
lbt*g* ... OK , that could be useful13:05
Stskeepsi think mic is supposed to say if it won't fit13:05
lbtit's also perfectly reasonable for each 'config' to depend on a group13:05
lbtso if we look at inheritance more like requires than includes13:06
lbtanyhow ... bbiab .... walk+fresh air13:06
Stskeepssounds like a plan13:06
* Stskeeps is wrapping up work and switching to afternoon mode13:06
*** M4rtinK has quit IRC13:07
* alterego has a go at the mer platform sdk.13:10
alteregoHow come the SDK only has .ks files for x86 and atom? :(13:14
Stskeepsbecause the sdk only runs on there atm13:14
alteregoOh, SDK13:14
Stskeepsthe images you get from mer itself13:14
alteregoRight, I'm being an idiot ;)13:14
alteregoI was getting confused with actual images ;)13:14
*** vivijim has joined #mer13:14
Stskeepshmm, does anyone know where to get harmattan SDK sources?13:15
alteregoWhat sources in particular?13:15
Stskeepswell i'm curious how they're building the parts13:15
alteregoHmm, do you still have pmo?13:15
Stskeepsnot usable in mer if it has to be fetched through there13:16
alteregoUnlike previous versions, it seems that harmattan SDK stuff isn't as open. Well, isn't open at all. :/13:16
alteregoI suppose some things you can get from the sdk repository for harmattan platform sdk.13:16
Sage_lbt: About the macros and spectacle, so you propose that we would have Name: # >> macros1 # << macros1 and after all other things before %setup # >> macros2 ? Would we remove macros then or leave that in place?13:21
* alterego tries to build latest nemo image.13:30
*** Siosm has joined #mer13:30
Stskeepsmight need to install qemu-usermode-static13:30
alteregoIn host or chroot?13:30
Stskeepsin the sdk13:30
*** Siosm has quit IRC13:31
alteregozypper can't find it13:31
Stskeepsok, rpm -i
alteregoAnd where are the basic mer .ks files kept?13:33
Stskeeps is an older one13:34
Stskeepsif you get a error about -kbd, remove it13:34
alteregoIs "@Mer Connectivity", ofono, bluetooth, etc?13:36
alteregoAnd QtMobility?13:36
alteregoAh, no qt-mobility.13:36
* alterego has a play.13:36
Sage_X-Fade: sync ping13:41
lbtSage_: I think I'd like to see a macros2 before setup as I think macros in << setup are only expanded at %prep time13:41
lbtalterego: latest ks will have qemu-u-static13:42
Sage_lbt: sound ok to me13:42
lbtSage_: otherwise yes13:42
lbtI'd say re-use macros as macros113:43
lbtso as not to change things too much - so the visible effect would just be Name: shifting up13:43
*** cybette has left #mer13:46
*** bigbluehat1 has joined #mer13:50
*** cybette2 has joined #mer13:52
Sage_lbt: :nod:13:54
*** parancibia has quit IRC14:04
Sage_lbt: so should macros 2 be before or after %prep? And If those are inside %prep maybe call those MacrosPrep ?14:05
*** mdavey has quit IRC14:05
*** mdavey has joined #mer14:05
*** cybette2 has quit IRC14:06
Sage_lbt: <- is there some reason for them to state that all macros should be here?14:07
alteregoIt'd be nice to have all the .ks files listed somewhere.14:07
*** Chat1198 has joined #mer14:08
alteregoMaybe even with a "compatibility chart", say, exo, N8x0, N900, n950, n9, etc, etc.14:08
*** Chat1198 has joined #mer14:08
lbtSage_: macros2 before prep14:10
lbtSage_: the mandriva thing probably wont work for lua14:11
lbtlua is the only reason for our 'oddness' AFAICT14:12
Sage_should # >> macros2 tags be hidden if there is not content, those are quite rarely used14:14
lbtyes if the docs are better :)14:15
lbtit took me forever to find the <<post ones....14:15
*** himamura has joined #mer14:16
lbtI think a simple fully populated example in the docs would help14:16
alteregoHrm, can't build the i586 connectivity image.14:20
alteregoSomething about
*** jargon- has quit IRC14:22
Stskeeps-A i68614:27
*** lynxis_ has quit IRC14:27
alteregoIs that okay to use for the Exo?14:29
Stskeepsexo is atom14:29
*** norayr has quit IRC14:29
Sage_lbt: there is file in spectacle git btw :)14:42
Sage_maybe something we should provide with spectacle if that is not provided with it atm.14:42
lbtyeah - this is the point of autodoc.meego.com14:42
lbtBOSS should run a doc publish on various process steps14:43
lbtlike a release or a promotion14:43
lbtto ensure that docs in a package are easily viewed in a consistent location14:44
lbtI'd like to see or something14:45
Sage_oh, ok. Well need to see the output of that spectacle version to fix it properly14:45
lbtof course .. in the meantime cut'n'paste to the wiki is cool - or link to the github page or something14:45
*** andre__ has quit IRC14:46
Sage_lbt: Macros2 for you14:47
* lbt adds mxr to the infra todo-list too14:47
lbtneat - thanks14:48
*** jargon- has joined #mer14:49
lbtnb ... for newbies ... Do NOT Edit the Auto-generated Part!  \n Edit only between # >> and # << lines.14:50
lbtand possibly include an http to the wiki page in the comments14:50
* Stskeeps sends eglibc 2.15 for a tiny evaluation run14:51
Stskeepswe'll be trailing the ubuntu eglibc, hope that's okay14:52
lbtI hate it when Denise asks me something, I say "sure" and then 5mins later wonder what I agreed to....14:52
Stskeeps(close to linaro toolchain)14:52
Stskeepslbt: i've considered to have my n950 record all voice convo14:52
lbtusually my buffering handles it14:52
*** jluisn has quit IRC14:54
lbtfrom what I recall eglibc/glibc sounds a bit like a wayland/Xorg/Xfree86 decision ... we'd be an early adopter of an evolutionary new area14:55
Stskeepsdebian has been using eglibc for ages14:55
*** jluisn has joined #mer14:55
Stskeepsin 200914:56
Stskeepsi wouldn't call that evolutionary new area14:56
lbtin arm or in x86 ?14:56
lbtOK - so it's a no brainer then.14:57
Stskeepsi do want regression testing though14:57
lbtOTOH you know how fickle those debian types are14:57
Stskeepsthe n9 also uses it14:59
* lbt off ... bbiab14:59
*** jargon- has quit IRC15:03
Sage_mdfe_: is there source tarball of peregrine somewhere available?15:06
Sage_or was it jbos who was pushing it?15:08
Stskeepswas jbos15:08
Sage_the last version I tried is 0.7.2 and latest seems to be 1.1 or soemthing15:09
*** rlinfati has joined #mer15:11
*** xmlich02 has joined #mer15:11
Stskeepssounds like a good upgrade15:11
rlinfatiwhere i can found the last version (git?) of mer-sdk-chroot ?15:12
Stskeepsrlinfati: is very recent15:12
rlinfatias mer-sdk-chroot the file inside the tarball of the sdk15:12
Stskeepsah, sdk-chroot yo mean15:13
*** dijenerate has quit IRC15:13
*** dijenerate has joined #mer15:14
rlinfatii edit my local version to support a) bind mount all less the home, b) correct the ssl cert copy from the host ( ubuntu 11.10 )15:14
rlinfatiand i wanna "commit" the changes.15:14
Stskeepsthink this is it15:15
*** lynxis has joined #mer15:15
rlinfatiStskeeps, thanks15:15
*** mdavey has quit IRC15:15
lbtrlinfati: no need15:18
rlinfatilbt,  ohh, ok, but anyway you need change the line that copy the ssl certs from host to the chroot to "cp -aL /etc/ssl/certs ${sdkroot}/etc/ssl/"15:23
rlinfati-L is because in ubuntu are a lot of symlink broken in the chroot15:24
rlinfatiand the certs need be in /etc/ssl/certs/ and not in /etc/ssl/certs/certs15:24
lbtOK - if you'd like to send me a pull that's fine15:25
*** mlfoster has joined #mer15:30
*** leinir has quit IRC15:33
*** macmaN_ has quit IRC15:47
*** lynxis has quit IRC15:49
*** leinir has joined #mer15:52
*** lynxis has joined #mer15:55
*** macmaN has joined #mer15:59
*** rlinfati has left #mer16:05
*** drussell has quit IRC16:06
*** drussell has joined #mer16:07
*** drussell has quit IRC16:16
*** drussell has joined #mer16:16
*** harbaum has quit IRC16:25
*** slaine has quit IRC16:30
* Stskeeps starts work on mds2.16:35
*** tpn has joined #mer16:41
*** berndhs has quit IRC16:44
Stskeepsphilosophical question: should there be a i586 / i486 cross compiler16:46
*** niqt has quit IRC16:48
wmaroneI can't think of a reason why, honestly16:48
wmaroneI don't know of any current platforms that fall under those bounds, certainly anything generally available is i686 or better these days...16:49
Stskeepswell, in this case, i486 = non-atom, i586 = atom with ssse316:52
Stskeepsit was in terms our platform sdk16:52
Stskeepsany news on nook?16:52
*** bigbluehat1 has quit IRC16:52
wmaroneother things came up, no time to dig into it16:52
*** smoku has quit IRC16:53
*** croc has quit IRC16:56
*** tpn has quit IRC16:58
*** NIN101 has joined #mer17:02
*** M4rtinK has joined #mer17:09
lbtmic really really sucks at handling interruptions or errors17:11
*** araujo has quit IRC17:15
Aardwhy? standard python error handling, 'blow up as spectacularly as possible'17:15
Stskeepstimoph: saw my pasties earlier?17:18
*** araujo has joined #mer17:18
*** befr0d has joined #mer17:24
*** jstaniek_QFridge has quit IRC17:25
lbtand ... wtf.... when it crashes it rm -rf's the cache17:26
Bostikexception handling, HC way;    try: do_stuff; except: raise17:26
*** M4rtinK has quit IRC17:37
*** vandenoever has left #mer17:40
*** lynxis has quit IRC17:41
*** andre900 has joined #mer17:44
*** dazo is now known as dazo_afk17:47
*** andre900 has quit IRC17:48
lbt,.... and now it's trying to tar up /proc and /sys .... so how's that working for ya?17:49
*** kimitake_idle is now known as kimitake17:53
*** andre900 has joined #mer17:56
*** xmlich02 has quit IRC17:56
mdfe_Sage_: could we talk about peregrine tomorrow?17:57
*** mdfe_ has quit IRC17:57
*** xmlich02 has joined #mer17:59
*** Vicks has joined #mer18:03
*** bigbluehat1 has joined #mer18:05
Stskeepshello Vicks18:07
*** andre900 has quit IRC18:11
*** dijenerate has quit IRC18:12
lbtStskeeps: /etc/mtab...18:13
lbtit's not present in the sdk which I think is causing issues18:14
Stskeepslbt: ln -s /proc/mounts /etc/mtab wasn't it18:14
lbtit should be, yes18:14
lbtor /proc/self/mounts18:14
lbtjust trying to recall which package makes it and why it's not in SDK18:15
Stskeepsthat's a good question18:16
lbtnot filesystem18:16
Stskeepscarsten@monster:~/home:Admin:eglibc/glibc$ rpm -qf /etc/mtab18:17
Stskeepsfile /etc/mtab is not owned by any package18:17
Stskeepson my fedora18:17
lbtbtw.... mxt18:17
Stskeepsmic bug?18:17
lbtmxr even18:17
Stskeepsmxr reminds me a bit too much of the microsoft hack18:18
*** dijenerate has joined #mer18:18
Stskeepsand i think we might be having better use of our time and resources atm18:18
*** jonnor_work has quit IRC18:18
lbtit's *very* much on the back burner ...18:18
lbtbut I'm just looking at the gitweb tarballs and cursing that I can't browse inside....18:19
*** Alison_Chaiken has joined #mer18:19
lbtand then I look at my todo list and think ... if I leave this alone I'll get to the git task quicker....18:19
lbtlogging a bug that sdk has no /etc/mtab symlink18:20
Stskeepsi don't think mer images has either18:20
Stskeepsfeel free to check18:20
lbtWe can move it in triage - I *know* the SDK doesn't have - and the fix will be the same18:20
Stskeepsso, <identifier>:<git reference>:<subdir within tree that contains a packages.xml for this port/variant>  -- Core:master:armv7l -- Core:v0.20120109.1:i586 .. makes sense?18:24
Stskeepsi'm doing mds218:24
*** Vicks has left #mer18:24
lbtare you planning to extract on demand?18:25
*** tpn has joined #mer18:25
Stskeepsi'm planning on accessing it straight in the git18:25
Stskeepsas i can through the git interface18:26
lbt*nod* that's what I meant18:27
Stskeepsie, no checkouts18:27
lbtno, no need18:27
lbt<identifier> ... mer-core18:29
Stskeepsyes, for instance18:29
lbtor Core:xxxx:<subdir> ->  mer-core/<subdir> in gitweb18:30
*** lynxis has joined #mer18:30
Stskeepsit looks up in mappings.xml which packages-git it corresponds to18:30
lbtso I want to move from tarball in git to something else18:30
lbtso Core2 could have a different mapping18:31
*** vivijim has quit IRC18:31
lbtso I wonder if the mapping could specify the extractor18:31
lbteg raw-git for now18:31
lbtyeah ... you don't need to worry then18:31
*** eocanha has quit IRC18:31
Stskeepsi'm still not sure if pristine-tar is the best way or a _service kind of think with dist-files, freebsd style18:32
*** andre900 has joined #mer18:33
Stskeepsbut that's for the future18:33
lbtmmm dinner is ready .... bbl8r18:35
lbtglad I sorted mtab ... really held me up :)18:35
*** NIN_ has joined #mer18:39
*** NIN101 has quit IRC18:41
*** tpn is now known as tpn|dinner18:49
*** andre900 has quit IRC18:49
*** VlAleVas has joined #mer18:52
Stskeepshello VlAleVas18:54
VlAleVasHi! I have a few questions. First of all: what is difference between Mer and Tizen?18:54
StskeepsVlAleVas: you can actually put Mer on a device is one :)18:55
Stskeeps(at the moment)18:55
VlAleVasSuch a great feature =)18:56
StskeepsVlAleVas: perhaps it's better to talk about what you're looking for in Mer, or Tizen18:56
Stskeepsit's easy to get down to details about what Mer does better, what Tizen does better, but i'd much rather just sway you by showing what Mer is instead18:56
*** jluisn has quit IRC18:56
*** vivijim has joined #mer18:57
VlAleVasIs Mer web or native based?18:57
VlAleVasP.S: sorry for my English, I`m from Ukraine18:58
Stskeepsit's fine18:58
*** andre900 has joined #mer18:58
*** drussell has quit IRC18:58
StskeepsMer is a Qt/QML/HTML5/javascript core, the system is a typical linux base system, coupled with the Qt framework, so if you want to make a native UI in C++, you can, or if you want to make a product that's exclusively HTML5 apps, or QML interfaces, you also can do that18:59
*** jluisn has joined #mer18:59
Stskeepsso, i'd say both :18:59
Stskeepskeep in mind that Mer is the engine, vendors/companies put UI on top (Qt/C++, HTML5, QML, OpenGL) and put it on one or more devices with hardware adaptations19:00
VlAleVasThanks... Which devices are supported now?19:01
Stskeeps is a good start19:01
Stskeepsarchitectually we support X86 (atom, non-atom), ARMv6 ARMv7, MIPS19:01
Stskeepsbut the hardware support level varies from device to device19:01
*** croc has joined #mer19:02
*** dionet has joined #mer19:02
VlAleVasVirtual Box — I like this device :-)19:02
Stskeepsso do i :)19:03
bigbluehat1Stskeeps: I think you need to build a bot that replies to every chat with "keep in mind that Mer is the engine…etc" :)19:03
Stskeepsbigbluehat1: given enough talent in the community we'll have a nice intro video19:03
bigbluehat1good idea!19:04
VlAleVasSounds cool!19:04
StskeepsVlAleVas: so, are you approaching this as a developer, or a employee of a company wanting to make devices, or a user interface project or hardware porter?19:05
Stskeepsout of curiousity, of course19:05
*** jluisn has quit IRC19:05
*** M4rtinK has joined #mer19:07
VlAleVasI am not a developer, but it is my goal. Do you need translation in Russian?19:08
StskeepsVlAleVas: translations are likely to be in the user interfaces - for example Plasma Active. maybe at some point we will have handbook/manuals that need translation to russian to help russian developers use Mer better19:09
StskeepsVlAleVas: anyway, i have to go for a while - feel free to hang around and learn more about Mer. if you have any additional questions, feel free to ask here or on the Mer mailing list,
*** jluisn has joined #mer19:12
VlAleVasOK, thanks!19:13
*** simon_arcomivi has joined #mer19:13
*** andre900 has quit IRC19:15
simon_arcomivihello:) simon here, I have a question about mcompositor19:15
*** andre900 has joined #mer19:16
simon_arcomiviin die .desktop file I exchanged the mcompositor with another application, so mcompositor does not start anymore. It is still starting. the strange thing is that ps -A does not show it.19:17
simon_arcomiviso i am confused.19:18
*** tpn|dinner is now known as tpn19:18
*** jluisn has quit IRC19:19
Sage_lbt, Stskeeps: /etc/mtab is symbolic link that is created by systemd19:21
*** jluisn has joined #mer19:22
Sage_because sdk doesn't have systemd running the link is not there19:23
Stskeepssimon_arcomivi: ps aux doesn't show mcompositor?19:24
Stskeepssimon_arcomivi: can i see your /etc/sysconfig/uxlaunch and ls -l /usr/share/xsessions ?19:25
Stskeepstimoph: good to see they're taking arm seriously, a lot of server gains to be done19:26
*** talavis has joined #mer19:28
*** Venemo_N950 has joined #mer19:29
simon_arcomiviStskeeps: ps aux does not show mcompositor19:29
Stskeepsok, let's take a look at your uxlaunch config and xsessions then19:30
simon_arcomiviStskeeps: in my /etc/sysconfig/uxlaunch is all commented out19:30
*** lynxis has quit IRC19:31
simon_arcomiviStskeeps: and in /usr/share/xsessions there are 2 .desktop files ...19:31
Stskeepsok, default.desktop contents19:31
simon_arcomividefault.desktop links to X-MEEGO-HS.desktop19:31
Stskeepsok, and X-MEEGO-HS shows the right application?19:32
simon_arcomiviX-MEEGO-HS shows to the right application, not to mcompositor, the strange thing is...19:33
simon_arcomivithat my application starts at the very beginning and than...19:33
Stskeepsand then gets taken over by the nemo interface?19:34
simon_arcomiviblack screen appears with a message bubble "battery not charging" and mcompositor starts.19:34
simon_arcomivithis is strange.19:34
Stskeepsah :)19:34
Stskeepsyou're misunderstanding, it's meegotouch-home that starts19:34
Stskeepsremove the things from /etc/xdg/autostart19:34
Stskeepsthere is some things like systemui, meegotouch-home, to remove19:34
Stskeepshopefully we'll have platform SDK in a proper state soon so you can do your own totally custom image19:35
simon_arcomiviStskeeps: ok, no problem, i will start with this, let me try it out.19:35
simon_arcomiviof course, uxlaunch launches all those .desktop files, stupid me!19:36
Stskeepsi got confused by the same thing at one point too19:37
Stskeepsand i even know the uxlaunch source :P19:37
* timoph too19:37
Stskeeps*** note for the logs: "insert your own homescreen" tutorial. lipstick perhaps.19:37
*** Venemo_N950 has quit IRC19:38
simon_arcomiviStskeeps: thank you for the hint...19:39
timophbtw, how's lipstick nowadays?19:40
*** Free-MG has joined #mer19:40
*** Alison_Chaiken has quit IRC19:42
Stskeepssimon_arcomivi: np, looking forward to see a demo :)19:44
*** lynxis has joined #mer19:44
simon_arcomiviI am working on it :]19:44
*** jluisn has quit IRC19:48
*** andre900 has quit IRC19:50
*** jluisn has joined #mer19:50
*** Venemo_N950 has joined #mer19:50
*** andre900 has joined #mer19:51
*** lynxis has quit IRC20:02
*** lynxis has joined #mer20:02
*** befr0d has quit IRC20:03
*** mlfoster has quit IRC20:04
*** andre900 has quit IRC20:06
*** lynxis has quit IRC20:07
lbtSage_: OK - ta20:07
Stskeepstimoph: we need to clone w00t20:08
* w00t agrees20:11
*** kimitake is now known as kimitake_idle20:16
*** VlAleVas has left #mer20:17
*** lynxis has joined #mer20:19
*** sigkill_ has quit IRC20:21
*** s1gk1ll has joined #mer20:25
alteregoI should probably get more involved.20:27
Stskeepsw00t -and- alterego20:27
* Stskeeps hides the biovats20:28
alteregoI could do with a clone. Some one to do my paid work for me so I can do what I actually want to do ;)20:28
alteregoLuckily my list of stuff I need to do is going down for a change :D20:29
w00tnp: weird al yankovic - i think i'm a clone now20:29
Stskeepsyeah.. i'm looking forward to my daily routine changeover at end of this month, what will i do with all that free time..20:29
* Stskeeps glances at reddit and widelands20:29
w00ti think i'd probably spend mine doing the same as i already spend my nights20:30
w00t(well, except tonight, which is involving reinstalling my stupid laptop)20:30
Stskeepsadd on top of that, that i have like 3 weeks to myself in march20:30
Stskeepsso much hacking..20:30
timophgit clone w00t20:30
Stskeepsso much pizza possible20:30
timophdidn't work20:31
w00tblackberry sdk reinstalled: check, next up.. debian VM and scratchbox :(20:31
*** vivijim1 has joined #mer20:35
* lbt iterates mic again...20:37
*** jstaniek has joined #mer20:40
*** lynxis has quit IRC20:41
lbtStskeeps:  line 43 ... when I run this I get :  Failed to cache rpm database (1).20:43
Stskeepsyes, will explain tomorrow20:44
Stskeepsnow sleepytime20:44
*** kimitake_idle has quit IRC20:51
*** jluisn has quit IRC20:54
*** jluisn has joined #mer20:55
*** lynxis has joined #mer21:00
*** jluisn has quit IRC21:03
*** jluisn has joined #mer21:05
*** Venemo_N950 has joined #mer21:05
*** cxl000 has quit IRC21:11
*** mlfoster has joined #mer21:13
*** pohly has quit IRC21:19
*** jluisn has quit IRC21:19
*** jluisn has joined #mer21:21
*** tsdedst has joined #mer21:22
*** jluisn has quit IRC21:25
*** dm8tbr has quit IRC21:28
*** vivijim has quit IRC21:29
*** MerBot has joined #mer21:46
lbtno shit... I have a nice sb2 epiphany and MerBot pisses off :)21:47
lbtso for the record21:47
* lbt wonders ... is sb2 cross version of rpm built for ssse321:47
lbtyep - copied /usr/share/scratchbox2/modes/obs-rpm-install to /usr/share/scratchbox2/modes/obs-rpm-install-lbt and removed the rpm from fs_rules.lua - so now it uses the arm rpm I guess and it works (kinda)21:47
dm8tbrsorry, had to do some maintenance21:49
*** NIN_ has quit IRC21:54
*** notmart has quit IRC21:55
*** himamura has quit IRC22:06
*** bigbluehat1 has quit IRC22:11
*** talavis has quit IRC22:24
*** Free-MG has quit IRC22:28
*** cxl000 has joined #mer23:05
*** jstaniek has quit IRC23:25
*** M4rtinK has quit IRC23:25
lbtdm8tbr: hey, no problem - I did sound rather annoyed but wasn't :D23:25
*** trbs has quit IRC23:26
*** mlfoster has quit IRC23:34
lbthmmm problems building a fully populated image with cross-mipsel-gcc ... it seems mic is more piccy about arch - so zypper ar mer-mipsel-cross-tools ; zypper in cross-mipsel-gcc    is fine but  sudo mic create fs  /maemo/obs/build/Mer_Core_i586-i586-sdk-kickstarter-configs/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/src/kickstarts/mer-sb2sdk-i486-chroot.ks -o . --arch i486 --release=0.23:47
lbt20120209.0.1   isn't23:47
lbtbed then ...23:48
lbt(oh, I've gone back to i4/586 in image names as suggested)23:54

Generated by 2.11.0 by Marius Gedminas - find it at!