Thursday, 2012-01-19

*** otep has joined #mer00:04
*** tilgovi has joined #mer00:11
*** bigbluehat has quit IRC00:12
*** dionet has quit IRC00:14
*** akira_tsukamoto has joined #mer00:18
*** tilgovi has quit IRC00:30
*** sonach has joined #mer00:41
*** norayr has quit IRC00:44
*** IanWizard-Cloud is now known as chicken_00:51
*** puro is now known as plate00:51
*** chicken_ is now known as IanWizard-Cloud00:52
*** tilgovi has joined #mer00:59
*** sonach has left #mer01:01
*** slx has joined #mer01:08
*** swerden has quit IRC01:12
*** sonach has joined #mer01:21
*** lg_quassel has quit IRC01:24
*** losinggeneration has joined #mer01:25
*** mlfoster has quit IRC01:29
*** tilgovi has quit IRC01:35
*** kimitake is now known as kimitake_idle01:43
*** tilgovi has joined #mer01:58
*** KaIRC has quit IRC02:02
*** n-zZ has quit IRC02:11
*** n-zZ has joined #mer02:11
*** peavey has quit IRC02:22
*** peavey has joined #mer02:26
*** phaeron1 has quit IRC02:36
*** csslayer_ has joined #mer02:49
*** berndhs_950 has joined #mer02:50
*** csslayer has quit IRC02:52
*** npm_ has joined #mer02:53
*** npm has quit IRC02:53
*** sandroandrade has quit IRC02:55
*** ito has quit IRC03:08
*** singler has joined #mer04:13
*** kthomas_vh_ has quit IRC04:30
*** dcthang has joined #mer04:36
*** beford has joined #mer04:38
*** kimitake_idle is now known as kimitake04:46
*** onekenthomas has joined #mer04:47
*** onekenthomas has quit IRC04:49
*** onekenthomas has joined #mer04:49
*** pironato has quit IRC05:31
*** stepiro has joined #mer05:32
*** berndhs_950 has quit IRC05:46
*** cxl000 has quit IRC05:47
*** leinir has joined #mer05:50
*** _keistom is now known as keistom05:56
*** plate has quit IRC05:57
*** sonach has quit IRC06:00
*** sonach has joined #mer06:01
*** arc_mat|tp has quit IRC06:04
Stskeepsmorn06:11
*** plate has joined #mer06:14
*** leinir has quit IRC06:16
*** shanem has quit IRC06:17
_av500_jo06:17
*** stepiro has quit IRC06:18
*** stepiro has joined #mer06:18
*** rdqfdx has joined #mer06:23
*** sonach has left #mer06:31
*** shanem has joined #mer06:32
*** leinir has joined #mer06:32
*** cxl000 has joined #mer06:50
dm8tbrmooo06:51
Stskeepsmoo dm8tbr06:52
Stskeepsdm8tbr: could you restart merbot or forcibly end the meeting?06:53
dm8tbr*nod*06:54
*** vakkov has joined #mer06:54
dm8tbrStskeeps: I think those meeting notes wont be available or will be damaged06:55
Stskeepsthat's ok06:55
Stskeepsyou can btw log in on the bot in /msg06:55
Stskeepsand force a meeting to end06:55
*** stepiro has quit IRC06:55
dm8tbrah, there was an 'OR'06:55
dm8tbrsorry, woke up 10min ago06:55
Stskeepshttp://meetbot.debian.net/Manual.html#supybot-admin-commands06:55
Stskeepsit's okay, i have a killer headache this morning too so i'm not very lucid06:55
Stskeeps:P06:55
*** stepiro has joined #mer06:55
dm8tbrwas already wondering why you want me to do such a brutal 'reboot' :)06:56
vgrademorning07:08
*** thomashc has quit IRC07:16
*** beford has quit IRC07:20
*** pohly has joined #mer07:21
*** lamikr has quit IRC07:23
*** lamikr has joined #mer07:24
*** leinir has quit IRC07:27
vgradeanyone seen this mic error before?, http://fpaste.org/b8VJ/07:29
*** berndhs has joined #mer07:29
vgradeF15 host, git mic, bootstrap created07:29
berndhsF14s had a real interesting special purpose memory for radar tracking07:30
berndhsand some strange cross-bar comm thingy to get it to correlate tracks07:31
*** beford has joined #mer07:32
*** beford has joined #mer07:32
*** berndhs has quit IRC07:38
Stskeepsvgrade: remake your bootstrap07:40
*** Alison_Chaiken has quit IRC07:41
*** lamikr has quit IRC07:46
vgradeStskeeps, its for someone on #active07:49
Stskeepswell, remake his bootstrap07:49
Stskeeps:P07:49
*** lamikr has joined #mer07:49
vgradehe made it yesterday07:50
vgradeif he adds libpcre to his bootstrap mic runs07:50
Stskeepsodd07:50
vgradeyea07:50
vgradeI'll get him to rebuild the bootstrap again anyway, thanks07:56
*** harbaum has joined #mer08:11
vgradesage, Failed to build transaction: xorg-x11-server-Xorg conflicts with xorg-x11-server-Xorg-setuid. Which one is required for N95008:11
*** arc_mat|tp has joined #mer08:11
*** norayr has joined #mer08:11
Sagevgrade: -setuid08:11
vgradethanks08:12
Sagevgrade: the sgx driver should bring that automatically in btw.08:12
timophStskeeps: didn't manage to try the sb2 stuff yesterday since I fell asleep ~6 in the evening (lesson: don't watch black adder if you're tired)08:14
Stskeeps:nod:08:15
Stskeepsi was pretty out of it too, still a bit sick08:15
Stskeepsthe good thing about having a fever: my mind is more concentrated, so i just cut a rpmlint run on ARM from 26x to 6x native X86 time :>08:16
timoph:)08:16
vgradeSage, this is a build someone on #active is doing. N950 nemo plus Plasma Active.  Looks like both packages are being pulled by mic08:16
w00tStskeeps: !08:17
vgradeSage, http://fpaste.org/YV1i/ , --excludepkgs on the non-setuid worked08:19
*** stepiro has quit IRC08:19
*** stepiro has joined #mer08:20
Sagevgrade: mesa-libEGL ?!?08:20
Sagevgrade: also remove xorg-x11-drv-evdev, xorg-x11-drv-fbdev and xorg-x11-xauth08:21
Sagevgrade: and mesa-dri-swrast-driver08:21
vgradeSage, thanks missed that08:21
Sagethose 5 away at least08:22
vgradeno sorry old kickstart08:22
vgradebut probably still have xauth08:22
vgradethanks08:23
Sagewell that is just extra shouldn't cause that problem though08:25
vgradeok i'll get the guy to remove the xauth and try again without the --excludepkgs08:28
Sagevgrade: any change you could get the new .ks file. Hard to help without that :/08:29
*** bergie has joined #mer08:29
*** mord has left #mer08:30
*** veskuh has joined #mer08:30
vgradeSage, will do when the guy is back online, thanks. I noted also http://mer.bfst.de/logs/%23nemomobile/%23nemomobile.2011-11-10.log.html#t2011-11-10T15:24:4808:31
Sagevgrade: yes, but that is already fixed long time ago08:32
vgradeSage, ok08:32
Sagevgrade: if you need excludepkgs then something is really wrong somewhere08:32
Sageand I would appraciate the info as it might be somethign wrong in Mer core and I would like to get it fixed.08:33
vgradesure, will ping you when the guy comes back08:33
Sagethx08:34
*** phaeron has joined #mer08:39
SageStskeeps: could we add latest-prerelease link to http://releases.merproject.org/releases/ ?08:40
Stskeepsmaybe08:40
*** slx has quit IRC08:40
SageStskeeps: the only thing with that would be that it should point to latest when that is newer than pre-release08:40
Stskeeps:nod:08:40
Sagewould just ease the testing image builds08:40
*** DocScrutinizer has quit IRC08:47
*** DocScrutinizer2 has joined #mer08:47
*** tbf has joined #mer08:48
*** mdfe_ has joined #mer08:49
*** trbs has joined #mer08:50
*** slx has joined #mer08:51
*** slx is now known as swerden08:52
phaeronmorning08:55
Stskeepsmorn phaeron08:55
lbtmorning all08:55
phaeronlbt: I created lots of toplevel dod08:55
Stskeepsphaeron: i think i can report by now i don't see any ill effect of transparent prjlinks08:56
lbtphaeron: ta08:56
phaeronStskeeps: cool :) so maybe make it the default thing ?08:56
Stskeepsphaeron: i would certainly motivate you to try an upstream it for fame and fortune08:56
phaeronlbt: added a message about it on homepage08:56
phaeronStskeeps: :)08:56
phaeronStskeeps: did you see today's email about cross compilation on opensuse ml ?08:57
*** kimitake is now known as kimitake_idle08:57
Stskeepsyes08:57
Stskeepsi responded08:57
Stskeepsmy own bloody fault for not talking about it08:58
Stskeepstheir idea isn't half bad but it's stupid to do two seperate solutions when we can do it with one :P08:58
phaeronnot too late , it's still an RFC, no code08:59
Stskeepsyea08:59
phaeronhmm didn't get your answer yet08:59
Stskeepshttp://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2012-01/msg00064.html08:59
*** singler has quit IRC09:02
*** sonach has joined #mer09:05
*** jonnor_work has joined #mer09:08
*** shanem has quit IRC09:14
*** mdavey has joined #mer09:15
*** dazo_afk is now known as dazo09:16
*** onekenthomas has quit IRC09:17
SageStskeeps: first oddness with new prerelease: http://pastie.org/3212377 (armv7l)09:20
*** stepiro has quit IRC09:20
*** stepiro has joined #mer09:20
Sagethat happens on post scripts in mic09:21
*** phaeron has quit IRC09:23
*** stepiro has quit IRC09:23
*** stepiro has joined #mer09:25
*** tpn|zzz is now known as tpn09:27
*** M4rtinK has joined #mer09:30
*** beholder has joined #mer09:31
*** notmart has joined #mer09:32
*** notmart has joined #mer09:32
*** slaine has joined #mer09:33
*** stepiro has quit IRC09:34
*** stepiro has joined #mer09:35
*** beford has quit IRC09:36
Sagegrr... got my N900 totally messed with systemd and udev hacking :)09:37
Stskeepsbetter your system than a end user09:39
Stskeeps:P09:39
SageI'm having bad feeling about that 2.7.x python update09:40
Stskeepsi need to review it with working logs09:40
Sagemainly because I have seen so many hardcoded python 2.6 lines09:40
Stskeepsthat's good to get weeded out though09:40
Stskeeps:P09:40
*** afiestas has quit IRC09:43
lbtSage: grep -r09:44
Stskeepsmorn lbt09:44
*** toscalix has joined #mer09:45
lbtmorning (again) :D09:45
*** swerden has quit IRC09:45
*** sonach has left #mer09:47
* lbt thinks nook may be a good ARM kernel and sample HA09:47
*** slx has joined #mer09:48
Stskeepsoh true, you have a nook too09:48
lbtarm kernel is fine-ish ... just %files skip firmware - which only exists due to strange module selection09:48
*** afiestas has joined #mer09:48
lbtyaml needs BR for uboot adding too09:49
lbtand I found a limitation of the mis-placed lua macro due to interpretation order09:49
lbtminor though09:49
*** slx is now known as swerden09:51
*** norayr has quit IRC09:52
*** afiestas has quit IRC09:53
*** stepiro has quit IRC09:53
*** stepiro has joined #mer09:53
slainenice09:54
slainewas thinking of picking up a nook too09:54
*** afiestas has joined #mer09:57
Stskeepsnook color, not tablet :)09:59
slainenod10:01
*** Dinnouti has quit IRC10:01
slainethough the tablet would be nice once it's opened up10:02
*** stepiro has quit IRC10:05
*** stepiro has joined #mer10:06
*** Dinnouti has joined #mer10:06
*** beford has joined #mer10:08
StskeepsSage: http://suihkulokki.blogspot.com/2012/01/cubox.html10:14
*** vakkov has quit IRC10:14
*** mdavey has quit IRC10:16
*** mdavey has joined #mer10:16
*** sandroandrade has joined #mer10:16
*** phaeron has joined #mer10:17
mdfe_good morning10:22
Stskeepsmorn mdfe_10:22
*** stepiro has quit IRC10:23
Sagelbt: grep -r ?10:23
lbtpython2.610:23
*** stepiro has joined #mer10:23
Sagelbt: ah, yes10:25
lbtmaybe just log this as a blocking bug/task - find dependencies on py2.610:25
mdfe_Sage: Did you every detect a problem with mic-image-creater by creating raw mmc images? I have the effect by building raw images the remote rpm repositories are not stored inside the image.10:25
*** jonnor_work has quit IRC10:25
mdfe_s/every/ever/10:26
phaeronmdfe_: maybe it is a missing --save-repo option to the repo line in the ks10:26
mdfe_hmm, good hint10:26
Stskeepsi'll have to postpone qtwebkit 2.2.1 to next mer release, 2.2.1's acting up10:27
Sagemdfe_: you are missing --save repo option10:27
mdfe_thx10:28
mdfe_:)10:28
phaeronhttp://wiki.meego.com/Distribution/Create_image_based_on_new_RPM#Modify_ks_file_to_add_the_repo10:28
SageStskeeps: I guess x-loader and/or u-boot needs fix with the new toolchain as well?10:28
phaeronlooks like it is just --save10:28
phaeron?10:28
StskeepsSage: possibly, yeah10:28
Sagetested panda first time on new toolchain and it fails10:28
Sagekernel has the patch10:28
*** lizardo has joined #mer10:29
Stskeeps:nod:10:29
Stskeepsit just needs a proper CFLAG10:30
StskeepsS10:30
lbtphaeron: could you cast your eye over http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptation_Guide/Step_by_step10:30
SageStskeeps: that same option to CFLAGS than kernel had?10:31
Stskeepsyeah10:31
SageStskeeps: http://pastie.org/3212650 ?10:34
Stskeepsaye10:34
Stskeepsyou probably want " "'s10:34
*** stepiro has quit IRC10:35
Sagetrue10:35
*** stepiro has joined #mer10:35
*** singler has joined #mer10:37
phaeronlbt: ok , will do10:38
*** smoku has joined #mer10:39
lbtta10:39
slainelbt, nicely done10:48
lbtty10:48
slaineone question, is the "Make an Image" section url correct ? Referring to meego.com servers, http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/builds/trunk/latest/repos/oss/ia32/packages/10:49
*** stepiro has quit IRC10:49
*** stepiro has joined #mer10:49
Stskeepsyes, we don't yet have bootstrap tools set on mer10:49
Stskeepsit's in our backlog10:50
lbthttps://bugs.merproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10410:50
slainegrand, I thought that was the case, but just wanted to double check10:50
*** stepiro has quit IRC10:50
*** stepiro has joined #mer10:51
slaineI don't know about phaeron, but that was exactly the kind of getting started checklist I was looking for.10:51
*** fcorrea has quit IRC10:53
phaeronlbt: I thought we should use the new "mic"10:56
lbtwe will10:57
*** stepiro has quit IRC10:57
phaeronotherwise , did a minor edit for the formatting at the bottom10:57
lbtty :)10:57
phaeronvery cool. I have some device I'd like to try on actually :)10:58
*** stepiro has joined #mer10:59
SageStskeeps: hmmp... uxlaunch should probably depend on xorg-x11-server-Xorg11:02
Stskeepspractically yes11:02
Stskeepstheoretically..11:02
Stskeeps:P11:02
Sage[  313.170532] uxlaunch[3104]: No X server found!11:02
Sageit fails without :)11:03
lbtis mic3 called mic?11:05
Sagethere is no mic311:05
Sagethere is just old mic2 and new mic11:06
lbtwhat about super-new mic11:06
lbtor super-old mic11:06
Sage:P11:06
*** Free-MG has joined #mer11:06
lbtand tizen is using "meego image creator" ...11:06
StskeepsSage: ok, so practicaly..11:07
Stskeeps:P11:07
Sage[  627.233123] omapdrm omapdrm.0: failed to allocate vram11:07
Sagehmmp11:08
*** tilgovi has quit IRC11:08
Sagepanda11:08
Sagewith cmdline: console=ttyO2,115200n8 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootfstype=ext3 rootwait rootflags=barrier=1 earlyprintk vram=32M11:09
SageStskeeps: copying first new core image to n900 atm. lets see how it boots11:10
Stskeepsok11:10
*** jonnor_work has joined #mer11:14
vgradeSage, http://fpaste.org/uqw2/ is the latest ks, still has xauth and evdev11:14
Sagevgrade: remove --excludepkgs=xorg-x11-server-Xorg11:16
Sagevgrade: as well as those two xorg packaes11:16
Sagevgrade: and add --save on the plasma repos11:16
vgradeSage, ok will pass that on11:21
SageStskeeps: hmmp. N900 image doesn't seem to boot to UX with new core11:22
Sagecan see the systemui infos though so only home is down I guess11:23
StskeepsSage: uh-uh11:25
StskeepsSage: and you used our repos built against new core i presume?11:25
*** stepiro has quit IRC11:26
Sageyes, although some of my images went bad on creation time so need to redo and recheck all11:27
*** stepiro has joined #mer11:27
Stskeepsok11:27
Stskeepsso it might just be a fluke11:28
*** Free-MG has quit IRC11:29
Sageyes11:29
Sagemy pandaimage went totally bad it didn't include x-loader at all11:29
Stskeepsout of space?11:29
Sageand n900 image seems a bit odd as well so lets see11:29
Sageno11:29
*** beford has quit IRC11:30
Sagealso xorg was missing from my panda image test11:30
Sagemcompositor crashes11:32
SageWARNING: void MIMPluginManagerPrivate::_q_onScreenSubViewChanged() Cannot switch to "nemo-keyboard.qml" "" because it is not enabled11:32
* Sage moves to mer11:32
Sageerr... nemomobile11:32
Stskeepsi guess a reference with old core would be good too11:33
Stskeepsso we can see whats' core and what's nemo11:33
*** leinir has joined #mer11:46
*** leinir has joined #mer11:46
*** singler has quit IRC11:52
*** leinir has quit IRC11:54
*** singler has joined #mer11:57
*** KaIRC has joined #mer12:02
Stskeepswe still have a non-booting new core image, or?12:03
*** stepiro has quit IRC12:03
Sage?12:04
*** stepiro has joined #mer12:04
Stskeepsie, if you still have problems12:04
*** thomashc has joined #mer12:05
Sagemy panda image didn't get Xorg up but that is probably because adaptation. N900 gets Xorg up but it crashes it seems.12:05
Stskeepsok12:05
Sageso yes12:05
Stskeepscomparison with old core needed then12:05
Sagemy mic changed as well so that might cause issues as well12:06
*** norayr has joined #mer12:06
Stskeepsok12:06
*** mdavey has quit IRC12:07
*** stepiro has quit IRC12:09
*** tpn is now known as tpn|off12:10
*** stepiro has joined #mer12:10
bergieStskeeps: hi12:12
bergieis http://fosdem.org/2012/schedule/track/open_mobile_linux_devroom final?12:12
lbthey bergie12:13
lbtcan we add more to the summary text?12:13
Stskeepsbergie: there's technically space for two more, AFAIK12:13
bergielbt: yeah, Stskeeps has the editing account12:14
bergieStskeeps: ok, so if some last-minute talks come up12:14
Stskeepsbergie: right12:14
Stskeepstechnically three if i count 11.00-11.30 too12:14
lbtis it only talks?12:14
lbtor would a round-table work?12:14
Stskeepsif you mean the kind where we eat steak at, maybe12:14
lbt*g*12:14
Stskeepswe can do other forms but i don't know if it will work in a 74 people room12:15
Stskeepsbergie: i think the lineup is pretty nice, looking around at other devrooms12:15
lbtyeah... OK12:15
bergieStskeeps: agreed. Would've been nice to have something on webOS, GNOME Mobile, Android12:16
bergiebut this is not a bad start :-=12:16
*** dcthang has quit IRC12:16
bergie:-) even12:16
Stskeepseven embedded devroom seems suspiciously devoid of android talks12:17
Stskeepswell12:17
Stskeepsok12:17
Stskeepsone or two12:17
bergie"License issues in Android" ;-)12:17
*** mdavey has joined #mer12:18
vgradeSage, still have Xorg conflicts with http://fpaste.org/9WnZ/ . No rush, looks like you have your plate full atm12:19
Sagevgrade: the excludepkgs is still there12:20
Sagevgrade: after removing that please share the error log while doing build12:20
Stskeepsbbl ~hour12:21
*** stepiro has quit IRC12:22
*** stepiro has joined #mer12:23
*** ZiQiangHuan has joined #mer12:26
*** stepiro has quit IRC12:32
*** stepiro has joined #mer12:32
vgradeSage, http://fpaste.org/HvyZ/12:34
Sagevgrade: have any plasma active x86 image around?12:35
Sagewhat does "rpm -e xorg-x11-server-Xorg" show?12:35
vgradeSage, not with me. Will look later12:36
Sageit seems that something depends on xorg-x11-server-Xorg12:37
Sagevgrade: also you might want to try out the mic instead of mic2 from https://github.com/jfding/mic12:37
*** sonach has joined #mer12:45
*** ZiQiangHuan has quit IRC12:47
*** sigkill_ is now known as s1gk1ll12:48
vgradeSage, http://pastebin.com/WSxUutg412:49
*** dijenerate has quit IRC12:50
Sagevgrade: ok well not that then12:50
Sagevgrade: well, try commenting out most of the stuff in %packages section and see what package brings the conflict12:52
*** sonach has left #mer12:55
*** dijenerate has joined #mer12:58
*** cmazieri has joined #mer13:00
*** ZiQiangHuan has joined #mer13:03
*** tbf_ has joined #mer13:05
*** sonach has joined #mer13:06
*** xnt14 has quit IRC13:06
*** tbf has quit IRC13:08
*** xnt14 has joined #mer13:09
lbtsonach: ping13:11
*** ZiQiangHuan has quit IRC13:13
*** akira_tsukamoto has quit IRC13:16
*** sandroandrade has quit IRC13:17
sonachlbt: pong13:25
sonachlbt: I have a question to ask,13:25
lbtsure ... fire away13:26
lbtbtw, I was going to mention http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptation_Guide/Step_by_step  ... for you to take a look at13:26
sonachI generated bootstrap using: sudo mic-create-bootstrap -n trunk -k rpms -r http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/builds/trunk/latest/repos/oss/ia32/packages/ -o /home/zhanghui/Mer/buildrootfs/cache/mer-bootstrap13:26
sonachThe bootstrap was generated successfully.13:27
sonachWhen I build my image: sudo mic-image-creator --config=mer-core-armv7l-base.ks --format=fs --bootstrap=/home/zhanghui/Mer/buildrootfs/cache/mer-bootstrap --cache=rpms --outdir=/home/zhanghui/Mer/mer-base-rootfs --arch=armv7l13:27
*** stepiro has quit IRC13:28
sonachI met erros: Error: failed to create image : Failed to find group 'Mer Base' : Unable to find pattern: Mer Base13:28
sonachCan you give me some suggestions?13:28
*** stepiro has joined #mer13:28
lbtcan you paste your mer-core-armv7l-base.ks to pastebin13:29
sonachhow to paste it to pastebin?13:29
lbthttp://pastie.org/13:29
lbtcut'n'paste in there and it's visible (but fyi it is public so don't use for confidential things if they come up later)13:30
sonachlbt: http://pastie.org/321337713:31
sonachthis ks file was just downloaded from StsKeeps's webpage...13:31
lbthmm that has Mer Core, not mer Base13:33
sonachOn my platform, the bootloader and kernel is ready. So What I should do first is to generate Mer rootfs with special file system. and test this Mer rootfs.13:34
lbtso the .ks should have "Mer Core" in it13:35
sonachOK,13:35
lbthttp://releases.merproject.org/~carsten/mer-core-i586.ks13:36
SageX-Fade: sync ping13:37
lbtthis page:  http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Category:About  is going to have links to pages about important information13:37
sonachlbt: I saw this Category:About.13:37
lbtso from there the Kickstart page has that link in it13:37
lbtI'm still organising that13:38
lbtso if you see things missing - or confusing - *please* yell :)13:38
*** akira_tsukamoto has joined #mer13:39
*** stepiro has quit IRC13:39
sonachlbt: OK. Now new errors: Error: failed to create image : Unable to download from repo : Error: Unresolved dependencies, transaction failed.13:39
lbthehe13:39
sonach?13:39
lbtthat's a laugh :)13:40
lbtso did you just add Mer Core ... or did you use the new ks?13:40
sonachI see:) Maybe I make a stupid mistake?13:40
Stskeepscan i see the .ks?13:40
sonachWhy should I use the new ks?13:40
lbtStskeeps: http://pastie.org/321337713:41
lbtI think sonach has changed Base to Core13:41
*** stepiro has joined #mer13:41
Stskeepsyes13:41
Stskeepsit should be13:41
*** dionet has joined #mer13:42
sonachI only want to generate a Mer rootfs as simple as possible. So I use StsKeeps' mer-core-armv7l-base.ks.13:42
lbtyes, that makes sense13:42
lbtI've not tried one that minimal13:42
Stskeepsyes, give me a moment13:42
Stskeepsthat .ks yesterday was an example :)13:43
lbt*g*13:43
sonachSo other problems with mer-core-armv7l-base.ks?13:43
*** ZiQiangHuan has joined #mer13:44
*** stepiro has quit IRC13:46
sonachlbt&Stskeeps: another information about the error: http://pastie.org/321345913:46
Stskeepsah13:46
*** stepiro has joined #mer13:47
Stskeeps--pkgmgr=yum13:47
Stskeepsadd that to the command line13:47
sonachhehe, In the origin mic-image-creator, the "--pkgmgr=yum" was there; I deleted it according to wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Image_Creation:)13:50
*** ZiQiangHuan has quit IRC13:51
sonachI will try it now,13:51
*** stepiro has quit IRC13:51
sonachAnd my workstation is Ubuntu11.10. Does it matter?13:52
*** stepiro has joined #mer13:52
Stskeepsshouldn't matter too much13:52
Stskeepshttp://stskeeps.subnetmask.net/mer-core-armv7l-base.ks i just tested with mic-image-creator -f raw --save-kernel --arch=armv7l --record-pkgs=name --cache=tablet-cache --outdir=tablet-os --run-mode=1 --config=mer-core-armv7l-base.ks --pkgmgr=yum13:53
lbtso yum?13:53
sonachStskeeps: After adding "--pkgmgr=yum", the error doesn't occur any more:)  Why should add this option(--pkgmgr=yum)?13:53
Stskeepsit's historical, they wanted to switch to another package manager to do it, zypper, but it was too buggy13:54
Stskeepsthe development versions had that as default13:54
SageStskeeps: only thing that is shown during image build with new core is http://pastie.org/3213504 (didn't see you comment on the matter yet)13:54
Stskeepsurgh13:55
*** stepiro has quit IRC13:55
Sageshows on all, armv7l, armv7hl, and i58613:55
Stskeepsa lot of those/13:55
Sageonly those 2 :D13:55
Stskeepsin practice, boardname should be stripped13:55
lbtso, Stskeeps... before you do that... is Mer sticking with yum for images13:55
Stskeepslbt: i'm unsure what 'mic' uses.13:56
*** stepiro has joined #mer13:56
lbtuntil then?13:56
Sagelbt: mic uses both yum and zypper, however I would recommend yum for now13:56
Sagehave had bad experiences with zypper in the past13:56
sonachStskeeps: another question. I want to build Mer rootfs to yaffs2 file system? But mic-image-creator seems not support this "--format"?13:56
Sagewe probably should update the zypper to the newer version with only upstream stuff and check again then13:56
lbtI'll update some of the dpcs13:56
Stskeepssonach: ok, just make it to -f fs13:57
Stskeepssonach: i would advise you to look into ubifs as well13:57
Stskeepssonach: -f fs will give you a directory with an image in it13:57
StskeepsSage: we should probably switch to http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/prelink-cross13:59
SageStskeeps: boardname.armv7hl: W: unstripped-binary-or-object /usr/lib/libboardname.so.1 <- in boardname build rpmlint13:59
StskeepsSage: ok, that's a bug then13:59
sonachStsKeeps: Now I build the rootfs successfully. with the directory "meego-mer-core-armv7l-base-1.2.90.20120119.2151". So it is the result of "--format=fs"?13:59
Stskeepssonach: if you used --format=fs, then yes13:59
SageStskeeps: in boardname package?13:59
StskeepsSage: yes14:00
Sageok, I'll file one14:00
StskeepsSage: prelink should obviously parse DWARF-4 too, but that's actually not supposed to be on a device14:00
mdfe_Stskeeps: hi, could you point me to the URL of the published mer next repos?14:00
Stskeepsmdfe_: http://releases.merproject.org/releases/0.20120120.0.1/14:01
*** ZiQiangHuan has joined #mer14:01
mdfe_thx14:01
sonachStsKeeps: I will try to tar the rootfs to yaffs2 using the vendor's tool(I think the vendor may offer this kind of tool in the SDK ). Maybe that will work:)14:01
mdfe_and the second dot indicates the next repo?14:01
Stskeepssonach: yes - a modern file system like ubifs much recommended though, for NAND installs, but let's see how it works :)14:02
Stskeepssonach: it's possible to add yaffs2 support to mic probably14:02
Stskeepsmdfe_: http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Process#Version_numbers14:02
mdfe_awesome, great work :)14:03
Stskeepsexcept the thursday stuff14:03
lbtStskeeps: that's something we may need to put in the SDK14:03
Stskeepslbt: mm14:03
lbtfs support14:03
sonachStskeeps: So the yaffs2 is not supported for the moment?  Anyway, I should look into the vendor's docs to make clear whether ubifs is supported.14:04
Stskeepssonach: well, we don't support generating it directly from mic2, but it's normally OK to just take output of '--format=fs' and then make it into yaffs214:04
Stskeepssonach: if you run into any problems with mer because it runs on yaffs2, that's a bug :)14:05
*** bigbluehat has joined #mer14:06
sonachStskeeps: OK. I will test it carefully:)14:06
StskeepsSage: so, a couple of potential things that could have blown up a working prerelease: DRI2 protocol update, qt4.8.014:07
StskeepsSage: so if we can somehow test if GLESv2 still works that'd be good14:07
Stskeepsand perhaps a sample non-compositor qt/mtf app14:07
Sagehmmp... something is wrong that is for sure14:07
SageStskeeps: so egl test?14:09
Sagedid we have a package for that14:09
Stskeepsnot yet, but test widgetsgallery first?14:10
SageI'll change to xterm mode first and lets see if Xorg comes up with that14:10
Stskeepswith ok14:11
Stskeepsok14:11
Sageyup, xterm starts fine to Xorg14:11
Sageso not all is broken14:11
Stskeepsmy fear is a bit that our GLESv2 driver is tied to dri2 protocol14:11
sonachlbt: IN http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Image_Creation_For_Beginners, I see "Another language version of this page ". I think it is not necessary for the moment:)14:11
lbtsonach: thanks - I'm editing that page at the moment - I'll delete it14:12
lbtit was copied from the meego wiki14:12
*** stepiro has quit IRC14:15
*** stepiro has joined #mer14:15
*** beholder has quit IRC14:15
*** thomashc has quit IRC14:16
*** stepiro has quit IRC14:24
*** stepiro has joined #mer14:24
lbthttp://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Image_Creation_For_Beginners updated14:31
*** stepiro has quit IRC14:35
*** stepiro has joined #mer14:35
*** norayr has quit IRC14:38
*** stepiro has quit IRC14:38
*** stepiro has joined #mer14:39
sonachlbt: Maybe I will test "http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptation_Guide/Step_by_step" sometime later. Now I don't need to package bootloader,kernel and rootfs into one image. Thanks for your work anyway:)14:40
sonachlbt: Now I just burn bootloader, kernel and rootfs into different locations on the NAND flash.14:41
lbtyes, this kind of thing is very device specific14:41
lbtyou may eventually need to package the kernel into the rootfs for lib/14:42
lbtif you do things like --save-kernel are useful to ensure rootfs and kernel match14:42
sonachlbt: Yes. I think "make modules_install" will copy drivers to /lib.14:43
sonachlbt: What's "--save-kernel " used for? I14:43
lbt*nod* .... a lot of what I'm trying to do is make it easy to support the company as you move to a larger development team14:43
Stskeepssonach: means that it takes the /boot/vmlinuz* and saves it besides the image14:44
Stskeepssonach: very useful for flashing a kernel14:44
lbthe types faster than me :)14:44
*** dazo is now known as dazo_afk14:45
sonachStskeeps: I don't understand... why "very useful for flashing a kernel"?14:47
*** akira_tsukamoto has quit IRC14:47
sonachAnd takes the /boot/vmlinuz* to where?14:48
Stskeepssonach: ok, normally, we would have the kernel inside the image14:49
Stskeepsthat is, in /boot/14:49
sonachhmm14:49
*** dazo_afk is now known as dazo14:49
Stskeepsthis option makes mic copy the file in /boot/ and distribute it alongside the image14:49
Stskeepslike in http://repository.maemo.org/meego/Nemo/0.20120105.1.NEMO.2012-01-19.1/images/nemo-handset-armv7hl-n950-testing/14:50
sonachI see:)14:52
sonachStskeeps and lbt: thank you for help. See you tomorrow:) Now it's 22:53 of Beijing Time:)14:53
Stskeepssee you, have a good night14:53
lbtgood night sonach :)14:53
Sagebtw, --save-kernel will be renamed to --copy-kernel in mic14:53
*** singler has quit IRC14:53
*** vivijim has joined #mer14:54
StskeepsSage: ok14:54
Sagecurrently mic doesn't have --save-kernel and maintainer says copy-kernel is better name and I agree14:54
sonachSage: "--save-kernel will be renamed to --copy-kernel in mic" in later version of mic?14:54
Sagehowever if someone has even better suggestion feel free to suggest14:54
Sagesonach: yes mic (Different thing than mic2)14:55
sonachSage: but we usually use mic2 not mic, is that right?14:55
Stskeepsyes, but we're probably moving to 'mic' as recommended :)14:55
Sagesonach: mic2 isn't maintained anymore so you should probably change to mic at somepoint as well.14:55
Sagesonach: upstream is at https://github.com/jfding/mic14:56
Stskeepswe'll be providing this in the mer platform sdk14:56
sonachSage: I just do "apt-get install mic"... So this is  mic2?14:56
Sagesonach: not sure about that, there should be --version in the cmdline14:57
lbthttp://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Category:Mic214:57
Sagewith mic it just says 0.x14:57
sonachmic-image-creator --version:  0.24.1414:58
lbtnotice links to "mic installation", explanation of stupid naming and links to git repos etc14:58
lbt(missing links that is :)14:58
Sagesonach: that is mic214:59
*** afiestas_ has joined #mer14:59
*** afiestas has quit IRC14:59
lbt<sarcasm> as the 0.24 version clearly shows </sarcasm>    :D14:59
Sagehow much lag there is on http://www.mail-archive.com/mer-general@lists.merproject.org/maillist.html ?14:59
Sagelbt: ;)15:00
StskeepsSage: ~half hour15:00
Sageok15:00
sonachOK. Maybe I should download mic's src from git and build it on my own:)15:00
*** sonach has left #mer15:01
lbtsonach: not usually a good idea15:01
*** stepiro has quit IRC15:01
*** stepiro has joined #mer15:02
Sagelbt: well in case of mic I have seen that as the best idea always, but well depends how well you know the content :)15:02
lbtyeah, but it's insanely hard for us to support15:02
lbtthe correct solution (which we're working on) is for Mer to have a proper platform SDK and Tools repository.15:02
*** niqt has joined #mer15:04
Sagelbt: :nod:15:04
*** stepiro has quit IRC15:06
*** afiestas_ has quit IRC15:07
*** stepiro has joined #mer15:07
*** ZiQiangHuan has quit IRC15:10
*** afiestas has joined #mer15:14
*** Free-MG has joined #mer15:16
*** niqt has quit IRC15:19
*** niqt has joined #mer15:20
*** cmazieri has quit IRC15:27
*** sigkill_ has joined #mer15:28
*** phaeron has quit IRC15:30
*** mlfoster has joined #mer15:31
*** s1gk1ll has quit IRC15:32
*** bergie has quit IRC15:38
*** stepiro has quit IRC15:39
*** lizardo has quit IRC15:39
*** stepiro has joined #mer15:39
*** stepiro has quit IRC15:43
*** stepiro has joined #mer15:44
*** harbaum has quit IRC15:45
*** vivijim has quit IRC15:45
*** bigbluehat has quit IRC15:50
*** lamikr has quit IRC15:51
* Stskeeps ponders idly on 'apt' in devel:tools:building on build.meego.com15:54
Stskeepsno, i will not package ruby bindings..15:55
*** niqt has quit IRC15:56
*** lamikr has joined #mer16:00
*** sigkill_ is now known as s1gk1ll16:03
*** lamikr has quit IRC16:03
*** niqt has joined #mer16:04
*** stepiro has quit IRC16:07
*** stepiro has joined #mer16:07
*** veskuh has quit IRC16:09
*** tomeff has joined #mer16:10
*** niqt has quit IRC16:10
*** niqt has joined #mer16:12
*** stepiro has quit IRC16:15
*** stepiro has joined #mer16:16
*** leinir has joined #mer16:18
*** niqt has quit IRC16:19
*** sandroandrade has joined #mer16:21
*** smoku has left #mer16:22
*** bigbluehat has joined #mer16:23
*** stepiro has quit IRC16:25
*** stepiro has joined #mer16:26
*** stepiro has quit IRC16:30
*** stepiro has joined #mer16:31
*** arcean has joined #mer16:33
*** stepiro has quit IRC16:35
*** stepiro has joined #mer16:36
Stskeepslbt: ping16:39
lbtpong16:39
*** bigbluehat has quit IRC16:39
Stskeepslbt: want a chroot with a draft 'platform sdk' (mic, osc, etc)?16:40
Stskeepsjust to try it out16:40
lbtsure16:40
lbt.ks ?16:40
Stskeepsworks too, sec16:42
lbt(quicker download here :) ... still at 1.5mb)16:42
Stskeepshttp://releases.merproject.org/~carsten/mer-core-i586-sdk.ks16:43
*** Alison_Chaiken has joined #mer16:43
lbthey Alison_Chaiken16:43
Alison_ChaikenHey lbt.   How long we getting to use MeeGo OBS?   Should I get a personal OBS?16:43
lbtAlison_Chaiken: unknown at the moment16:44
lbtwe're planning on putting up a Mer c.obs16:44
lbtI'm talking to people16:44
lbtStefan has offered to provide some HW16:44
Alison_ChaikenYou can ge a personal OBS though, right?16:44
lbtsure ...16:44
Alison_ChaikenI mean at OpenSUSE's site?16:45
Alison_ChaikenLike Launchpad has?16:45
Stskeepshttp://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/OBS_Setup16:45
lbtdamn he's quick today16:45
Stskeepslbt: i have useful information enabled by F1..F1016:46
Stskeeps;)16:46
lbt*g*16:46
* lbt usually has the tab open - ETOOMANYTABS though16:46
lbtI'm hoping that  http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Category:$concept will work16:47
lbthttp://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Category:Obs does16:47
lbtso that works for mic, mic2, spectacle, spec, image16:47
lbtand kickstart and kernel16:48
*** stepiro has quit IRC16:49
*** stepiro has joined #mer16:49
*** swerden has quit IRC16:49
*** leinir has quit IRC16:50
*** slx has joined #mer16:50
*** stepiro has quit IRC16:53
*** leinir has joined #mer16:54
*** stepiro has joined #mer16:54
*** harbaum has joined #mer16:57
*** leinir has quit IRC17:00
*** leinir has joined #mer17:00
*** andre__ has quit IRC17:02
*** leinir has quit IRC17:03
*** leinir has joined #mer17:06
*** leinir has joined #mer17:06
*** harbaum has quit IRC17:06
*** phaeron has joined #mer17:08
*** jabis has quit IRC17:08
*** AIN2 has joined #mer17:10
*** stepiro has quit IRC17:10
*** stepiro has joined #mer17:11
*** tpn|off is now known as tpn17:14
*** vivijim has joined #mer17:18
*** singler has joined #mer17:20
*** jabis has joined #mer17:23
*** slaine has quit IRC17:24
*** stepiro has quit IRC17:25
*** stepiro has joined #mer17:26
*** stepiro has joined #mer17:26
*** stepiro has quit IRC17:29
*** stepiro has joined #mer17:30
*** beford has joined #mer17:32
*** singler has quit IRC17:35
*** shanem has joined #mer17:35
*** mdavey has quit IRC17:37
*** stepiro has quit IRC17:37
*** stepiro has joined #mer17:38
*** stepiro has joined #mer17:38
*** mdavey has joined #mer17:40
*** s1gk1ll has quit IRC17:40
*** paulsherwood has quit IRC17:41
*** kimitake_idle is now known as kimitake17:41
*** IanWizard-Cloud has quit IRC17:41
*** tpn has quit IRC17:41
*** s1gk1ll has joined #mer17:42
*** ALoGeNo has quit IRC17:45
*** paulsherwood has joined #mer17:46
*** stepiro has quit IRC17:47
*** stepiro has joined #mer17:47
*** IanWizard-Cloud has joined #mer17:52
*** IanWizard-Cloud has joined #mer17:52
*** IanWizard-Cloud has joined #mer17:52
*** tpn has joined #mer17:55
*** vakkov has joined #mer17:55
*** araujo has quit IRC17:59
*** lizardo has joined #mer18:02
*** phaeron has quit IRC18:04
*** mdfe_ has quit IRC18:04
*** gimli has joined #mer18:05
*** gimli has joined #mer18:05
*** Alison_Chaiken has quit IRC18:07
*** tomeff1 has joined #mer18:09
*** phaeron has joined #mer18:11
*** tomeff has quit IRC18:13
*** afiestas has quit IRC18:13
*** stepiro has quit IRC18:18
*** stepiro has joined #mer18:19
*** stepiro has quit IRC18:23
*** stepiro has joined #mer18:23
*** bigbluehat has joined #mer18:32
*** araujo has joined #mer18:38
*** araujo has joined #mer18:38
*** paulsherwood has quit IRC18:39
*** paulsherwood has joined #mer18:40
*** mdavey has quit IRC18:47
*** stepiro has quit IRC18:48
*** stepiro has joined #mer18:48
*** DocScrutinizer2 is now known as DocScrutinizer18:53
*** stepiro has quit IRC18:54
*** stepiro has joined #mer18:54
*** harbaum has joined #mer19:17
lbtkernel config checkerhttp://pastie.org/321503819:20
lbtkernel config checker http://pastie.org/321503819:20
*** dazo is now known as dazo_afk19:20
*** swer has joined #mer19:21
*** mdavey has joined #mer19:23
*** lpotter has quit IRC19:28
*** stepiro has quit IRC19:32
*** araujo has quit IRC19:33
*** stepiro has joined #mer19:33
*** HazardousWaster has quit IRC19:33
*** HazardousWaster has joined #mer19:35
*** HazardousWaster has quit IRC19:37
*** HazardousWaster has joined #mer19:38
*** capisce has joined #mer19:38
*** notmart has left #mer19:39
*** Anssi138 has quit IRC19:45
* Stskeeps is reading up on MIPS architectures and ABIs19:46
lbthttp://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/ARM19:48
lbthttp://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/MIPS19:48
Stskeepsi think i understand why the rt-rk people did a o32 ABI port now19:48
*** pohly has quit IRC19:48
Stskeepsalmost no STBs use 64-bit processors19:49
*** Venemo has joined #mer19:49
Stskeepsand N32 abi doesn't work on 32-bit19:49
Stskeepsdespite it's name19:49
* lbt doesn't know whether to laugh or cry :)19:50
*** Venemo has quit IRC19:51
Stskeepsyeah..19:51
StskeepsABIs == crazy stuff19:51
*** araujo has joined #mer19:51
*** araujo has joined #mer19:51
*** Venemo has joined #mer19:51
*** Venemo has quit IRC19:51
*** Venemo has joined #mer19:51
*** beford has quit IRC19:51
*** harbaum has quit IRC19:59
*** onekenthomas has joined #mer20:01
*** stepiro has quit IRC20:02
*** Venemo_N950 has joined #mer20:02
*** Venemo_N950 has quit IRC20:02
*** Venemo_N950 has joined #mer20:02
*** onekenthomas has quit IRC20:02
*** stepiro has joined #mer20:02
*** onekenthomas has joined #mer20:03
*** Venemo_ has joined #mer20:05
*** Venemo_ has quit IRC20:05
*** Venemo_ has joined #mer20:05
*** Anssi138 has joined #mer20:05
*** stepiro has quit IRC20:05
*** Venemo_N950 has quit IRC20:05
*** Venemo has quit IRC20:05
*** stepiro has joined #mer20:06
*** tpn is now known as tpn|food20:08
*** Venemo_ is now known as Venemo20:20
*** tbf_ has quit IRC20:29
*** tpn|food is now known as tpn20:32
*** dionet has quit IRC20:32
*** tbf has joined #mer20:36
*** norayr has joined #mer20:39
*** Venemo_N950 has joined #mer20:43
*** Venemo_N950 has quit IRC20:44
*** vivijim has quit IRC20:45
*** bergie has joined #mer20:46
*** norayr has quit IRC20:46
*** beford has joined #mer20:49
*** thomashc has joined #mer20:52
*** norayr has joined #mer21:03
*** lynxis has joined #mer21:05
*** raignarok has joined #mer21:06
*** lizardo has quit IRC21:09
*** norayr has quit IRC21:11
vgradelbt, checker looking good21:14
lbtyeah ... a bit tricky to get parsing to work21:14
lbtgood enough thogh21:15
vgradedid you stick in the PA3 meeting21:15
lbtno21:16
lbtseemed not to be something I could contribute too21:16
vgrademostly focused on PA3 features, a little bit on system integration21:17
lbtyeah ... UI level21:17
vgradeI proposed a task of getting more device support as they only run on exo/wetab and a couple of tegra tablets atm21:18
vgradetasks have gone to mailing list for discussion21:18
vgradealso a task of systemd work21:18
lbtsystemd?21:18
vgradeI don't think they have done anything to port things to systemd21:19
vgradestartup/shutdowm,sleep etc21:19
lbtI See21:19
w00twith a capital S21:21
w00tfor emphaSis21:21
w00t:-p21:21
vgradethey have a task which schdules things on startup which should really be done by systemd I think.  They are mostly working against the MeeGo 1.2 sysv stuff but there is talk about moving over to Mer exclusively21:21
lbt:21:21
*** tilgovi has joined #mer21:21
*** norayr has joined #mer21:29
*** stepiro has quit IRC21:31
*** stepiro has joined #mer21:31
*** tpn is now known as tpn|study21:33
*** vakkov has quit IRC21:33
Sagevgrade: can systemd support services that are started by user? Mainly meaning that UX level stuff should mainly run as user not as root and I'm not sure if systemd can do that21:36
lbtit can run things that do "su"21:37
lbtbut I guess "logged in user" is hard21:37
lbtalso you'd lose any .profile environment21:38
*** Free-MG has quit IRC21:38
w00tSage: isn't that what uxlaunch is for?21:38
lbtw00t: where's the uxlaunch manpage?21:39
w00tdoes mer have manpages?21:40
w00tanyway, I think there's one in the source tree21:40
lbtwe really should have an equivalent, yes21:41
lbt(seriously)21:42
jonnor_workSage, systemd can also be used as a session manager21:42
lbtphaeron: here :)21:46
phaeronlbt: ok uploading the files to obs21:47
lbtso I want to keep the kernel .spec simple21:47
lbtthe downside is 1 package : 1 kernel rpm21:47
lbtso to make a joggler HA and a kvm HA and a nook HA we need 3 packages in the obs21:47
lbtkernel-adaptation-{nook,joggler,kvm} ...21:48
lbtthe .spec should be the same though21:48
lbtthe yaml and the .config will vary21:49
lbtthe issue is to change the .spec to keep it in sync21:50
lbtany ideas?21:50
lbthmm21:50
lbtwe build-depend on mer-check-kernel21:50
lbtthe .spec can have a template version #21:50
lbtand we can put that in the BR and compare and complain21:50
lbtyeah, I like it21:51
phaeronthat doesn't solve the multiple packages issue21:51
lbtno - but it alerts you to being out of sync21:51
lbtand it can be set to error21:51
*** trbs has quit IRC21:52
*** bigbluehat has quit IRC21:52
lbteg http://pastie.org/321579721:54
lbtthe /usr/bin/mer_verify_kernel_spec is part of mer-check-kernel package and it'll put a sane message out21:54
phaeronwell it's a good idea. should save some time by failing early21:56
*** bergie has quit IRC22:02
*** Venemo has quit IRC22:05
csdblbt, the way we solved multiple kernels is by having a separate file which gets included by the specfile22:06
csdbthis file is a config file that just picks the kernel target to be built22:06
lbtyeah22:06
lbtI thought about it22:06
csdbthat way the specfile is the same across multiple pkgs, just the .cfg file changes22:06
lbtdo we really need multiple kernels built for one package?22:06
csdbwe don't. 1 kernel == 1 package22:07
lbtOK22:07
csdbbecause we have a number of internal variants, having 1 pkg for all kernels doesn't scale22:07
csdbwe started with that and migrated away from it22:08
lbtso kernel-adaptation-{nook,joggler,kvm}22:08
lbt?22:08
lbt(just to be clear)22:08
csdbsure :)22:09
lbtso the problem I see is that the yaml may vary22:09
lbteg ARM has a BR on uboot-panda-*22:09
lbtx86 doesn't22:09
lbtthat directly changes the .spec22:10
lbtbut only the 'autogen' part22:10
csdbbut you can have %if in the specfile that gets triggered by the target22:10
lbtI'm looking for a way to keep the non-autogen up to date22:10
lbtyou can22:10
lbtbut also Mer has no kernels22:10
lbtso we ship a suggested packaging out22:11
lbtand try to make life easy22:11
lbtsee https://build.pub.meego.com/package/files?package=kernel-adaptation-sample&project=home%3Albt%3AMer%3ASample%3AHA22:11
*** shanem has quit IRC22:11
lbthave a quick look at the spec and yaml22:11
lbtquite tiny really22:11
phaeronwhy is the bootstrap done from meego22:11
lbtcsdb: and I want to avoid complexity for the "getting going" phase too :)22:12
lbtphaeron: bug22:12
* csdb never got into spectacle22:12
lbt#10422:12
lbtcsdb: yeah ... Stskeeps likes it and I'm not unhappy with it22:12
csdbunderstood, but how does this fit with the kernel adaptions ?22:13
lbtit's a bit lacking in conditionals22:13
lbtOK22:13
csdbDo you want the sample to support multiple targets?22:13
lbtno22:13
lbthowever we may improve the .spec22:13
csdbsomeone can certainly pick up the sample and tweak it for 1 target and be done22:13
lbteg we're going to start using a 'get_verison_from_changes' macro22:14
lbtyeah22:14
csdbis that what people will be doing, or will most people be using > 1 target?22:14
lbtI expect 1 or 222:14
lbtnot 1022:14
lbtbut I want to notify people that "hey, there's another version of the boilerplate"22:14
csdbIf most are going to use > 1 target, then maybe it's better to have a more complex sample that can deal with configurable packages per target22:14
lbtwe actually don't know22:14
csdbok, then I think the simple sample is the way to go22:15
lbtindeed22:15
lbtand this script allows us to notify people of changes22:15
lbtbut it's not massively intrusive22:15
csdbbut you might even want to make your sample already have the target_hw on everywhere that matters22:15
csdbsuch as Name:22:15
lbtName *defines* target_hw22:16
lbtat the moment22:16
csdb ahhh22:16
lbtline 6522:16
csdbso if you wanted to create 2 targets, you'd copy kernel-adaptation-sample pkg to e.g. kernel-adaption-target1 pkg, rename all files to kernel-adaptation-target1, edit kernel-adaption1-target1.yaml to change the Name: line and hope for the best22:19
lbtyes22:19
*** ALoGeNo has joined #mer22:19
*** ALoGeNo has joined #mer22:19
lbtand I do that and it works for arm and x8622:19
csdband then if you want to do a 2nd one, you have to do the same sequence again22:20
lbtyes22:20
lbtwhich is essentially osc copypac A B22:20
lbtso not hard22:20
csdbwell, there is file renaming involved which copypac won't take care of22:20
lbttrue22:21
csdbmaybe just drop the -sample from the yaml and spec files22:21
lbtspectacle :)22:21
lbtI think22:21
lbtI may check that22:21
lbtyeah22:21
csdbok .yaml, .spec, .config and .changes files all have kernel-adaption-sample basename22:21
lbtit uses the Name:22:22
lbtthis is a spectacle requirement22:22
* csdb still doesn't like spectacle22:22
* lbt is not a fan but this is a few minutes easy shell work for something that's about to take hours and hours of .config hacking :)22:23
lbtso optimising it too much is not useful22:23
csdbagreed22:23
csdbnot a big deal if 1 or 222:23
lbtand if you have more... feel free to do your own thing22:23
lbtand we can offer that as a complex-sample too22:24
*** shanem has joined #mer22:25
*** tpn|study is now known as tpn|zzz22:32
*** toscalix has quit IRC22:33
*** GeneralAntilles has quit IRC22:33
*** jonnor_work has quit IRC22:34
*** mlfoster_ has joined #mer22:34
*** Dinnouti has quit IRC22:35
*** raignarok has quit IRC22:35
*** mlfoster has quit IRC22:36
*** mlfoster_ is now known as mlfoster22:36
*** AIN2 has quit IRC22:36
*** plate has quit IRC22:36
* phaeron is still at the get it to compile step22:39
lbt:)22:40
lbtin the chroot ?22:41
phaeronyeah22:42
*** GeneralAntilles has joined #mer22:42
phaeronI mixed up bz2 with gz22:42
* lbt added ncurses to permit menuconfig...22:42
*** tilgovi has quit IRC22:43
*** sandroandrade has quit IRC22:43
phaeronlbt: missing a step on how to add the kernel repo to the ks ?22:44
lbthmm22:45
lbtyeah22:45
*** rdqfdx has quit IRC22:51
*** tilgovi has joined #mer22:58
*** buckle has joined #mer23:04
*** mlfoster_ has joined #mer23:06
*** norayr has quit IRC23:08
*** mlfoster has quit IRC23:09
*** mlfoster_ is now known as mlfoster23:09
*** tomeff1 has quit IRC23:14
*** gimli has quit IRC23:14
*** tomeff has joined #mer23:15
*** tomeff has left #mer23:16
*** tbf has quit IRC23:19
*** tbf has joined #mer23:19
*** tbf has quit IRC23:19
*** plate has joined #mer23:23
*** jabis has quit IRC23:28
*** jabis has joined #mer23:29
lbtStskeeps: for the am .. wondering about making some kind of mer-config.rpm ... combining meego-rpm-config mer-kickstarter-configs and my mer-kernel-check ...  keeps the package count down and given it's all managed in git and even a bit related it may make sense23:32
IsoIs Mer ready for my ExoPC or not? I mean, ready for a daily use, without hacks?23:39
lbtIso: you misunderstand Mer23:40
IsoAh?23:40
lbtMer is a base platform for use by vendors to build products23:40
IsoOh, my bad.23:41
lbtthere are 2 doing ExoPC work23:41
IsoWhat should I use then?23:41
lbtNemo and PlasmaActive23:41
lbtand neither is ready for "average consumers" yet23:41
IsoDo you have a preference for one?23:41
IsoWhat is missing?23:41
lbtNemo comes from the MeeGo community space and focuses on handset23:42
lbtPA is more kde/tablety23:42
lbtboth are worth a look but only if you want to get your hands dirty23:42
lbt#nemomobile and #active are the chans you want23:43
IsoThat’s neat, thanks (:23:43
lbtnp .. have fun23:43
IsoBut then I have another question, what OS should I use for my tablet?23:43
lbtthose are both based on Mer23:43
IsoGot that, but what if I want something relatively stable?23:44
lbtno clue - some normal distro?23:44
*** swer has quit IRC23:46
IsoStable and tablet-friendly : d23:46
IsoI tried Ubuntu, Arch and Android (Vega v2 x86 build) so far23:47
IsoArch with KDE, because I was not able to build KDE Contour on it… for some mysterious reasons.23:47
IsoAnd MeeGo, of course.23:47
lbtI honestly don't know - it depends what your needs are23:48
lbtif you just want to rowse the web then Nemo/PA are fine23:49
*** jabis has quit IRC23:49
IsoYes, that kind of stuff…23:49
IsoI’ll give it a loo.k23:49
IsoThanks (:23:49
lbtnp...23:50
lbtif you don't find what you want then you have to help make it happen :D23:50
*** stepiro has quit IRC23:50
IsoI know that!23:50
IsoBut I’m not sure to be good enough to help…23:51
*** stepiro has joined #mer23:51
lbtthat's rarely a problem if you *want* to help and you don't mind hard work23:51
IsoYep.23:52
lbtget Nemo or PA installed and see what you think23:52
phaerongiving the kernel config a spin23:52
lbtcool - bear in mind the provided sample is for Joggler23:53
phaeronyeah I toggled a lot of stuff23:54
phaeronadded a make oldconfig in the prep section ..23:54
lbtno23:55
lbtdon't do that23:55
IsoWhy is there 3 different images for PA? Mer, Meego and Balsam?23:55
Isoare there*23:55
lbtgo into the chroot and make menu/oldconfig23:55
lbtthen copy that out23:55
lbtmake sure you have an export ARCH=x8623:56
phaeronlbt: I did , still complains about needing oldconfig23:56
lbtmmm23:56
lbtit kinda can't23:56
lbtif it does then your chroot ENV != build ENV23:56
lbtand that's bad23:57
lbtIso: PA builds on all 3 - I think they may move to just Mer - not sure23:57
IsoOk, gotta try Mer then23:58
IsoThank you so much lbt!23:58
lbtnp23:59
phaeronmm I skipped the x86 because I want 64bit kernel.. (can run 32bit userspace). and then osc build forces 32bit so options change ?23:59

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.11.0 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!