Saturday, 2011-11-19

cxl000 sage depmod -a /lib/modules/%{version}00:03
*** berndhs has quit IRC00:03
cxl000sage %post: /sbin/depmod -a -F /boot/System.map-%{version} %{version}00:04
*** berndhs has joined #mer00:06
*** jjmarin has quit IRC00:08
*** fotis has quit IRC00:09
*** csgeek has quit IRC00:20
*** gabrbedd has quit IRC00:28
*** sandroandrade has joined #mer00:45
*** tilgovi has quit IRC00:59
*** mlfoster has quit IRC01:04
*** afiestas has joined #mer01:07
*** afiestas_ has quit IRC01:07
*** stefanopi has quit IRC01:17
*** stefanopi has joined #mer01:19
*** himamura has joined #mer01:26
*** berndhs has quit IRC01:31
*** NIN101 has quit IRC01:48
*** KaziKluBey has joined #mer01:57
*** bigbluehat has joined #mer01:59
*** M4rtinK has quit IRC01:59
*** leinir has quit IRC02:03
*** KaziKluBey has quit IRC02:07
*** bigbluehat has quit IRC02:16
*** arcean has quit IRC02:17
*** DocScrutinizer2 is now known as DocAvalanche02:36
*** sandroandrade has quit IRC02:55
*** berndhs has joined #mer02:57
*** wicket64 has quit IRC03:13
*** king_aoeu has quit IRC03:23
*** jvd_ has quit IRC03:28
*** smoku has left #mer03:43
*** dl9pf_ has joined #mer04:03
*** dl9pf has quit IRC04:03
*** berndhs has left #mer04:06
*** DocAvalanche is now known as DocScrutinizer04:46
*** GeneralAntilles has quit IRC05:07
*** kimitake_idle has quit IRC05:11
*** GeneralAntilles has joined #mer05:13
*** kimitake has joined #mer05:16
*** sebsauer has joined #mer05:21
*** tilgovi has joined #mer05:31
*** tilgovi has joined #mer05:31
*** crevetor has joined #mer05:39
*** sebsauer has quit IRC05:40
*** sebsauer has joined #mer05:41
*** tilgovi has quit IRC05:44
*** king_aoeu has joined #mer06:01
*** sebsauer_ has joined #mer06:02
*** sebsauer has quit IRC06:03
*** crevetor has quit IRC06:14
*** phaeron has joined #mer06:15
Stskeepsmorn06:21
*** cxl000 has quit IRC06:21
*** stefanopi has quit IRC06:24
*** cxl000 has joined #mer06:25
*** stefanopi has joined #mer06:26
*** cxl00Op has joined #mer06:27
*** beford has quit IRC06:33
wmarone_Stskeeps: is there a new location for the mer gitweb?06:35
Stskeepshttp://gitweb.merproject.org/gitweb06:36
Stskeepswhere did we forget to edit the link?06:36
wmarone_let me find it06:37
wmarone_http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Contribution06:37
wmarone_first link06:37
* Stskeeps fixes06:38
Stskeepswe're basically moving services off my machine, setting things up properly etc, so there's some fallout like that :)06:39
wmarone_ahh06:39
Stskeepsgot a proper professional IT infrastructure now, so06:40
wmarone_makes sense to use it :)06:40
Stskeeps_Thomas: slashdot comments does make one quite good suggestion: using your stick as a replacement for android emulator06:49
Stskeepsas the android emulator is slow like hell06:50
wmarone_Stskeeps: are the n950 adaptation patches available in a git repo? I've found the srpms up on OBS, but I'm guessing that's a product of some other process?06:52
Stskeepswmarone_: got a build.pub.meego.com account_06:53
Stskeeps?06:53
wmarone_not at this time06:54
Stskeepsok, prod lbt / x-fade for one, but you can fetch files anyway in https://build.pub.meego.com/package/files?package=kernel-adaptation-n950&project=CE%3AAdaptation%3AN950-N906:54
Stskeepswire up accept4, cgroup* is the important ones i think06:54
wmarone_ok06:55
Stskeepsand then some kernel config settings06:55
* Stskeeps kicks off next mer release07:05
cxl00Opmorning07:09
Stskeepsmorn07:10
cxl00OpDo you know where wifi mac address is hiding on the n810?07:12
Stskeepsit's in the CAL07:15
*** sebsauer__ has joined #mer07:16
*** sebsauer_ has quit IRC07:17
cxl00Opmmm. I have not been able to find a matching sequence to my mac. maybe it store as an offset.07:17
Stskeepsi thought slono made a 'open' wlan-cal07:17
cxl00OpHe  drops in to briefly for me to catch07:19
Stskeepshttps://github.com/slonopotamus/opendsme/blob/master/src/open-wlan-cal.c07:20
cxl00Opthanks google has found it07:20
*** wubudubudubudu has joined #mer07:22
wmarone_hmm07:22
wmarone_the 2.6.32.9 for this thing diverges in ways I don't like07:22
wmarone_some of the cgroup patches are looking for things that don't exist in it...07:23
wmarone_maybe I'm applying in the wrong order07:23
wmarone_hm07:24
*** asdfafew has quit IRC07:25
*** sebsauer__ has quit IRC07:31
*** sebsauer__ has joined #mer07:32
*** rdqfdx has joined #mer07:34
* wmarone_ is confused as to why chunks keep failing merge07:37
*** KaziKluBey has joined #mer07:39
*** maour has joined #mer07:44
*** jvd_ has joined #mer07:49
wmarone_there are prior patches I am missing, it seems07:51
Stskeepswhat version are you on exactly?07:52
wmarone_2.6.32.9, after passing through Google and B&N's hands07:52
Stskeepsok07:53
Stskeepsi think the important thing first is trying a bootup with the proper kernel configs07:53
Stskeepssec07:53
Stskeepshttp://wiki.meego.com/User:Vgrade#MeeGo_Kernel_Options , CONFIG_AUTOFS4=y, DEVTMPFS, CGROUPS, SYSVIPC is important07:54
wmarone_ok07:55
Stskeepsyou have fbcon i assume?07:55
Sagemorning07:55
wmarone_should, if not I can turn it on07:56
Stskeepsmorn sage07:56
wmarone_need to clean up a bit first07:56
Stskeepswell, fbcon or serial port is useful :)07:56
* Sage ponders why his Xorg on panda segfaults now07:56
Stskeepssetuid?07:56
SageI have it now yes07:56
StskeepsSage: http://pastie.org/pastes/2887234/text will be next Mer release07:57
Sageok07:59
Stskeepsi'll try to get the imncoming patches tested as soon as i can08:00
SageI have some updates on my TODO but haven't had time to do those yet.08:01
Stskeeps:nod:08:01
Sageso much stuff to do and well most of those are not fixes for breaks just updates08:02
Stskeepsyeah, i have so many items i'm starting to do actual day plans :P08:02
* Stskeeps ponders how to add .gitignore the easiest08:03
*** stefanopi has quit IRC08:04
dm8tbrSage: I wonder if your panda adaptation could help arc_mat, he's been fighting with pvr and xorg for a couple of days now08:04
*** stefanopi has joined #mer08:04
Sagedm8tbr: well I had working thing but shomehow it broke :)08:08
*** himamura_ has joined #mer08:09
*** himamura has quit IRC08:11
Sage\o/ finally I'm again in place where I have network and ssh on panda with new image :D08:14
* Sage is trying to rebuild the image he had so it can be published :D08:14
SageStskeeps: http://pastie.org/2887280 <- any ideas?08:17
*** sebsauer__ has quit IRC08:17
SageI'm pondering if I'm missing some xorg package08:18
Stskeepsxorg.0.log is probably beter08:18
Sagehttp://pastie.org/288728808:19
*** king_aoeu has quit IRC08:19
phaeronSage: can you fire some test promotions , just did the upgrade08:20
Sagehttp://pastie.org/2887284 <- could someone do the same on n900 or n950?08:20
Stskeeps   307.224] PVR:(Error): PVRSRVOpenDCDevice: Error - 138 returned [95, /bridged_pvr_dc_glue08:20
Sageah, btw, I don't have display connected maybe that08:20
* Sage moves his panda 08:21
*** kiviluoto has quit IRC08:21
*** kiviluoto has joined #mer08:21
*** arc_mat|tp has joined #mer08:23
StskeepsSage: i think i saw same error from arc_mat|tp actually08:23
Stskeepsthe OpenDCDevice08:23
Sage\o/08:24
Sageit was jut that I didn't have hdmi connected to display08:24
Stskeepsinteresting08:24
Stskeepsarc_mat|tp: you had  307.224] PVR:(Error): PVRSRVOpenDCDevice: Error - 138 returned [95, /bridged_pvr_dc_glue08:24
Stskeeps too?08:24
dm8tbrand that is also the main difference between the panda and an archos gen9 device. on a gen9 you usually don't have hdmi connected but want to use the internal display08:25
Sageok, so only problem is the x-loader and then I would have image build properly08:25
*** himamura_ has quit IRC08:28
Sageand again the picture in my tv isn't properly aligned08:29
Sageabour 4 inches on the left over the screen08:29
SageStskeeps: does this look about right https://build.pub.meego.com/package/view_file?file=x-loader-compile.patch&package=x-loader-omap4panda&project=home%3Asage%3AMer%3AAdaptation%3Apandaboard&srcmd5=f081f5407f208f49a01eae43a34f884808:30
Stskeeps:nod:08:31
Stskeepsit does08:31
*** kimitake is now known as kimitake_idle08:33
*** toscalix has joined #mer08:33
Sagewhat about this https://build.pub.meego.com/package/view_file?file=eabi-compat.patch&package=x-loader-omap4panda&project=home%3Asage%3AMer%3AAdaptation%3Apandaboard&srcmd5=f081f5407f208f49a01eae43a34f8848 :)08:33
Stskeepsyou will go to hell, i think08:33
Sage:P08:34
Sageu-boot has similar hack08:34
Stskeepsscary08:34
Sagethe thing is that this x-loader I have should work but it doesn't compile without those 2 patches08:36
cxl00Opwmarone_ ou will akso want TMPFS_ACL and FANOTIFY08:39
* _av500_ waves from berlin08:40
Stskeepshow's berlin this morning?08:43
_av500_inside the icc, balmy08:44
dm8tbrwhat's in the ICC this weekend?08:49
dm8tbrah catholic schoolgirl ball ;)08:50
_av500_right08:51
_av500_actually baidu fanclub meetink08:51
dm8tbryeah, that too08:51
dm8tbrhttp://www.google.com/events/developerday/2011/berlin/ and http://www.ksliebfrauen.de/index.php?option=com_events&task=view_detail&Itemid=&agid=337&year=2011&month=11&day=1908:52
Sageok, x-loader still stops to "reading bootsector" thing09:06
_av500_sector 63 bug09:06
Sage_av500_: where was the patch for that09:07
*** vgrade100 has joined #mer09:07
Sageapparently it is not on the tree I'm using09:07
Sagehttp://gitorious.org/x-loader/x-loader09:07
_av500_grep the code for 6309:07
_av500_im on dead slow 1g atm09:08
Sagehttp://pastie.org/288742109:09
SageI would say that I have the patch as there doesn't seem to be reference to that09:09
_av500_yeah you should09:10
Sageother ideas?09:10
Sageis there a debug option in x-loader that could be compiled in?09:11
_av500_printf?09:11
Sage:P09:11
dm8tbr_av500_: 1G, as in C-netz resurrected and 1k2 dialup? ;)09:12
_av500_i guess catholic school girls are not to be tempted by looking at j.bieber pics...09:15
*** araujo has quit IRC09:16
SageLOL09:26
Sageenabled -DDEBUG option for x-loader and now it boots :D09:26
Stskeepsexcellent09:27
Stskeepsreverse heisenbugs++09:27
SageOk, building yet another image to test that everything works out of the box now09:28
*** M4rtinK has joined #mer09:29
*** swer has joined #mer09:30
Stskeepsi'm working on BOSS a bit/gerrit process, so we can get proper build logs out09:30
*** slx has quit IRC09:33
*** swerden has quit IRC09:34
*** wmarone_ has quit IRC09:38
*** wmarone has joined #mer09:39
_ThomasStskeeps: We're planning to make that bridge so you can use the stick instead of the android emulator, yes09:41
*** wmarone has quit IRC09:43
*** wmarone_ has joined #mer09:43
Stskeeps:nod:09:44
Stskeepsphaeron: you might know.. how do i get what is in the mouseover in "unresolvable" via osc?10:13
phaeronStskeeps: there's a function in python-buildservice10:22
phaeronStskeeps: can you give me a url to one , so I can show you10:22
Stskeepshttps://build.pub.meego.com/package/show?package=gtk-lucid&project=home%3AMartinK%3Aharmattan i guess10:23
phaeronStskeeps: http://pastie.org/288761310:30
Stskeepsah, clever10:30
* Stskeeps bookmarks10:30
phaeronStskeeps: osc.core.get_package_results if you don't want to depend on python-buildservice10:31
SageStskeeps: there isn't git in mer-core?10:44
Stskeepsnot atm10:44
phaeronSage: still busy ?10:44
Sagephaeron: a bit yes, why?10:45
phaeronjust wanted a smoke test after the process/participants upgrade10:45
SageI can do couple of SR's to PandaBoard if you want10:46
*** MystX has joined #mer10:49
phaeronthanks10:50
SageSR 315210:51
Sagethere is problems in those most probably though10:51
*** MystX has quit IRC10:51
phaeronand I see a problem in one of the participants too10:52
*** petterw has quit IRC10:58
phaeronSage: ok fixed the participants11:05
Sageok, will fix the problems and resubmit11:12
*** NIN101 has joined #mer11:17
*** stefanopi has quit IRC11:18
*** stefanopi has joined #mer11:18
lbtmorning11:22
lbtwmarone_: ping11:23
Sagelbt: phosts gone again11:34
lbtI just saw11:35
lbtAdam found some errors on the machines last night11:35
lbthe brought 3 6 8 back11:35
lbtbut clearly something has gone wrong11:35
*** arcean has joined #mer11:36
lbtmmm looks like my fault - 02 is oom11:36
lbtwhich I'm guessing is due to me changing die("umount tmpfs failed: $!\n"); to warn("umount tmpfs failed: $!\n");11:37
lbttmpfs is definitely flakey11:37
Stskeepsyou're actually unmounting it?11:38
Stskeepswhy?11:38
Stskeeps:P11:38
*** vgrade100 has quit IRC11:41
Sagephaeron: 315311:42
lbtstandard bs_worker code11:42
lbtin 2.311:42
phaeronSage: at review11:43
*** vgrade100 has joined #mer11:43
lbtStskeeps: otherwise you could probably leave things lying around for the next build11:43
lbteg change a file in /etc that's not overridden as it's a config file ?11:44
Sagephaeron: :nod: accepting review lets see how rest goes11:45
Sagephaeron: No permission on review by user bossbot11:45
Sagephaeron: can't review the thing11:45
Stskeepslbt: uh.. your tmpfs is actually inside the kvms or what are you doing11:49
Sagehmmp11:50
* Sage ponders how to get audio working on panad11:50
lbtStskeeps: no, it's outside. I'm using the OBS config TMPFS="y"11:51
lbtwhich is clearly a bit buggy11:51
Stskeepslbt: oh, that's a new feature?11:51
lbtyes11:51
lbtI saw it in the code which is why I waited for 2.3 to enable it11:51
Stskeepsi personally have kvm's in sparse image files in a tmpfs11:51
lbttmpfs only allocates on use AFAIK ... so does the sparse image  help?11:52
Stskeepsand razing the image files each time + mkfs11:52
lbtOK11:52
lbtor .... mkfs tmpfs each time :)11:53
lbtwhich should be 100% fine!11:53
lbtI am suspecting something as dim as /etc/mtab != /proc/mounts11:53
lbtI dropped some debug code in the worker and "mount" shows no tmpfs mounted. I really will have to look closer but it makes sense to fix it upstream11:55
lbtSage: OK - some workers back but vanishing instances again :(11:57
lbthere's the crash in a dead worker instance : http://pastie.org/288788411:59
lbthere's the debug addition : http://pastie.org/288789412:00
lbtie it runs 'mount' before issuing the umount12:00
* Stskeeps doesn't know12:04
phaeronSage: hmmf12:05
*** andre__ has joined #mer12:10
*** andre__ has joined #mer12:10
Stskeepslbt, phaeron: i don't suppose ruote support instrumentation - ie, report metadata about process12:14
Stskeepslike "moved to expression X at timestamp Y"12:15
Stskeepsand logging this elsewhere12:15
phaeronthere is a trace participant that can be enabled in the engine12:15
phaeronSage: can you decline that request and make another one ? sorry12:15
lbtlook for "engine noisy"12:15
lbtthen /etc/init.d/boss log12:16
Stskeepslbt: my motivation is to graph our actual use of infrastructure, so we can see graphically there's a fast feedback to merge requests12:16
lbtyou will need to edit the boss.rb12:16
lbtoh12:16
phaeronyeah the trace participant12:16
lbtyes12:16
Stskeepslbt: ie, "we have reduced our median time to QA a request to 4 hours from 3 days.."12:17
lbtI'd be more tempted to simply make an auditing participant for now12:17
Sagephaeron: sure a moment12:18
lbtright now cobs seems dead :)12:18
lbtah ... the OBS_Light virus12:19
Sagephaeron: 315512:20
* phaeron throws a fit12:21
SageI was able to accept review or at least I think so12:22
phaeronyeah was referring to another process12:22
phaeronSage: yes , now it is trying to setup build trial12:24
*** xmlich02 has quit IRC12:25
*** arcean has quit IRC12:28
*** leinir has joined #mer12:34
*** peavey has quit IRC12:43
*** Foxi352 has joined #mer12:46
Foxi352Hi floks. Googled a lot for Maemo5 on N800 i found Mer project. I understand that Mer was there, disappeared and now it back. Old project worked on N800, an "new" Mer Project is >= N900 only. Is that correct ?12:50
ali1234no12:53
phaeronSage: I think all is ok now12:53
lbtFoxi352: Mer is aimed at a wide variety of devices12:53
lbtFoxi352: but Mer itself is quite minimal - no apps12:54
lbtyou probably want the Nemo distro (which doesn't hit the N800 yet AFAIK)12:54
Foxi352It's based on Meego ?12:54
lbtit grew out of MeeGo's ashes :)12:54
lbtcloser to MeeGo than Maemo12:55
Foxi352Like Phoenix :-)12:55
lbtindeed12:55
Foxi352ok, that means if course apps compiled for OS2008 won't run on Mer ..12:56
lbtyes12:56
StskeepsFoxi352: http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptation/N8x012:56
Foxi352hmm, that pen up / down inversed with pointer up / down looks funny, but not very usable ;-)12:57
lbtStskeeps: and without powerpvr (or llvm?) ... nemo is going to be hard12:57
Stskeepslbt: i'm kinda curious about llvmpipe12:59
lbtas per the gnome shell accel mentioned in phoronix?13:00
phaeronSage: any projects where you want to handle a package named "package-groups" ?13:00
lbtphaeron: you just know that's the wrong solution then :)13:00
phaeronlbt: name based ?13:01
lbtStskeeps: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=gallium3d_llvmpipe&num=1 ?13:01
phaeronlbt: yes enhancement is being implemented based on Provides:13:01
Sagephaeron: Didn't have time to setup any those yet. But pretty much all projects under CE should handle those13:01
phaeronSage: ok I guess we revisit this once Provides: is supported so we don't do the work twice13:02
Stskeepslbt: yes13:03
lbtOK - I've lost 3 physical workers which I need to get console to to reboot - but the rest should be OK now13:04
lbtluckily Ronan is compiling obslight for 11.10 and 11.10 just crashes again and again and again - so it was exposing a race on umount tmpfs13:05
phaeronlbt: do we have kiwi support in cobs ?13:05
lbtabout 1 build in 10 would fail to umount and either kill the worker instance or, with my help, oom the phost to death13:06
*** araujo has joined #mer13:06
lbtphaeron: I haven't done anything to disable it but I think you need config permission13:06
lbtI wonder if mic3 will use kiwi13:06
phaeronthe version after mic2 is mic13:07
phaeron:D13:07
*** vgrade100 has quit IRC13:08
phaeronlbt: I just wanted to build the mint appliance somewhere other than localhost13:10
phaeronthe light obslight :D13:10
*** vgrade100 has joined #mer13:14
ScriptRipperStskeeps lbt: have dropped a version of QEMU into comm OBS13:17
ScriptRipperin my home13:17
ScriptRipperstill working on it, seems some patches did not apply13:18
ScriptRippernext drop will work13:18
Stskeepscool13:18
lbtScriptRipper: thanks13:18
ScriptRipperits QEMU 1.0 rc 2 based13:19
ScriptRipperStskeeps lbt: be carful before we supply it, the argv 0 fix wrapper needs some caution in build script13:20
ScriptRipperit needs new binfmt handler init13:20
ScriptRippere.g. change13:21
*** cxl00Op has quit IRC13:30
*** arc_mat|tp has quit IRC13:33
*** Foxi352 has left #mer13:35
Stskeepslbt, phaeron, Sage: https://review.merproject.org/143 , bottom comment :)13:49
lbt*g*13:50
Stskeepssome of the logs are 404 but i think it's related to OBS overload13:52
*** himamura has joined #mer13:53
Stskeeps......14:01
Stskeepsfucking obs14:01
Stskeepsremotebuildlog against a unmodified localdep package == 40414:02
*** NIN101 has quit IRC14:02
* Stskeeps hopes obs 2.3 fixes some of these things14:02
*** berndhs has joined #mer14:12
*** jjmarin has joined #mer14:40
lbtStskeeps: where is mer's spectacle14:46
Stskeepswe don't have it packaged atm i think14:47
Stskeepsi just use git14:47
*** vgrade100 has quit IRC14:48
lbtok14:48
*** vgrade100 has joined #mer14:49
Stskeepsi'm intentionally not taking the utils side of things on my shoulders, so if anyone wants to start organising a utils obs project..14:50
lbtwhich? sages14:50
Stskeepswell, mer:tools or something14:50
lbtI meant which git repo14:50
Stskeepsoh, err14:51
Stskeepsnot sure, i use mainline14:51
lbtI'm doing a tools wiki page14:51
lbtbecause every time I try to contribute I fall over something not working right14:51
lbtI am looking at a super complex package right now14:52
lbt.... ce-backgrounds14:52
lbtand ... epic fail14:52
lbtpackaged spectacle is older than in obs14:52
lbtso it doesn't want to work14:52
*** tagunil has joined #mer14:53
Stskeeps:nod:14:53
*** phaeron has quit IRC14:54
lbtI'm going to make a /mer directory structure too ... we can assume contributors have /mer pointing to the right place14:55
lbtnot the LFS.... the MFS14:56
Stskeeps /mer ?14:57
* Stskeeps doesn't understand14:57
*** kimitake_idle is now known as kimitake14:57
lbtyeah ... I'm fed up of writing examples and documents that have some long winded "go to the root of your tools area"14:57
*** xruxa has joined #mer14:57
lbtcd /mer14:58
xruxajoin #nemomobile14:58
lbtcd /mer/tools/spectacle14:58
lbtcd /mer/tools/fakeobs14:58
*** NIN101 has joined #mer14:58
* w00t hands xruxa a /14:58
Stskeepslbt: hmm14:58
Stskeeps:P14:58
Stskeepslbt: not sure i like, polluting root is a bad thing14:58
lbt*cough* /obs14:58
Stskeepsi don't agree with that either14:59
Stskeeps:P14:59
lbtoh, I thought you did that in your 10 easy steps page?14:59
xruxawhats up with that weekend work?14:59
Stskeepsxruxa: this is unpaid14:59
Stskeeps:P14:59
lbtxruxa: who's working ?14:59
lbtwe're playing ... it just looks the same14:59
xruxathat explains ;)15:00
* Stskeeps ponders idly15:00
Stskeepsso, what is a Mer 1.0?15:00
Stskeeps(in your thoughts)15:03
xruxa??? nemomobile :No such channel15:04
Stskeepsxruxa: /join #nemomobile15:04
Stskeepsshould work15:04
xruxaoookay, so I failed to type that right three times ;)15:04
w00tStskeeps: what's the point of a 1.0?15:13
w00tdate based releases ftw15:13
w00t:P15:13
Stskeepsw00t: i think some kind of stability approach would be good ;)15:13
* Stskeeps ponders idly15:13
w00tof course - we should be incrementally getting better (more stable) :)15:13
lbtI tend to agree with w00t15:14
lbtyou may want to have something semantic though15:14
Stskeepswell, we probably will have to do invasive changes at times15:14
lbteg Mer 1 = X15:14
lbtMer 2 = Wayland15:15
lbtor named15:15
w00tStskeeps: can't you do those invasive changes outside mainstream, and just not merge them back until they're ready?15:15
Stskeepsw00t: okay, as an example, toolchain upgrade will cause a boatload of merge requests15:15
w00tyup15:15
Stskeepsso we need a sane structure to do interdependancies15:16
Stskeepsand well, is it feasible to never let quirks slip by?15:16
w00tit's not entirely feasible, sure15:16
w00tbut keep in mind the amount of manpower you actually have15:16
Stskeeps:nod:15:16
*** NIN101 has quit IRC15:16
lbtversions have numbers ... and higher implies better15:17
lbtcodename + date seems reasonable15:17
lbtand codename can be changed a fair amount15:17
* Stskeeps needs a damn whiteboard..15:18
lbtso if base is 1.0 then call it Mer Black ... then if you change the toolchain or deprecate X or something reasonably radical ; spawn Mer Agean15:19
lbtrealistically that's 1.0 and 1.115:19
lbtbut with less implied improvement15:19
Stskeepsthink vendor approach as well15:20
lbtI am15:20
lbtit doesn't make Mer Black "old"15:20
Stskeepsi'm inclined to think that some people panic at the thought of incremental releases15:20
Stskeepser, rolling15:20
lbtheh... release an iceberg every now and again then15:21
*** NIN101 has joined #mer15:21
w00tStskeeps: realistically, won't they be snapshotting releases *anyway*?15:23
w00t(that is, not just upgrading blindly...)15:23
Stskeepssortof15:23
w00tthe same way you don't upgrade a toolchain blindly15:23
Stskeepsyeah, the way you, erm, don't15:23
w00t(haha)15:23
* Stskeeps ponders about meego 1.315:23
Stskeepsi was not pleased to get told about issues while being drunk at a music festival15:24
w00tmm?15:29
w00toh dear..15:29
w00tdid someone upgrade the toolchain and bail?15:30
w00t;)15:30
Stskeepsi didn't :P15:30
jonnoris MeeGo 1.3 still planned? :s15:30
Stskeepsno15:31
Stskeepswe slipped release schedule by at least 2 months by now15:31
StskeepsMer is the closest thing15:31
vgradewalks in after county bowling trials for the boys15:33
Stskeepswb15:33
Stskeepshow are their games going?15:33
vgradeboth played well today, Alex made the county team :)15:33
vgradegood to get out for a while15:34
*** tagunil has quit IRC15:34
Stskeeps:)15:34
vgradelooking at g9 now15:34
*** M4rtinK has quit IRC15:35
ScriptRipperlbt Stskeeps qemu build finished in my home under openSUSE:Tools:Deploy, have also debian version build15:35
Stskeepsok15:35
* Stskeeps adds to todo to take a look at that15:36
ScriptRipperI will now setup for aggregate to check if pkgs build for Mer15:36
ScriptRipperneed to know build script version because of init_buildscript15:37
ScriptRipperor I need to replace it also in my test15:37
*** Venemo_N950 has joined #mer15:46
*** phaeron has joined #mer15:46
*** jjmarin has quit IRC15:46
lbthmmf ... Lenovo just panic'ed after 20hrs sitting quietly on the desk....15:48
Stskeepsbtrfs related?15:48
lbtdoesn't look like it15:49
*** disco_stu_droid has joined #mer15:51
*** phaeron1 has joined #mer15:51
*** phaeron has quit IRC15:53
*** disco_stu has quit IRC15:55
*** disco_stu_droid is now known as disco_stu15:55
*** vgrade100 has quit IRC15:56
*** M4rtinK has joined #mer15:59
Stskeepslbt: hmm, i just thought of an interesting potential scenario16:09
Stskeepsthat traditional non-localdep doesn't catch, like trunk:testing16:09
lbthttp://www.flickr.com/photos/96141280@N00/6363547567/in/photostream/lightbox/16:10
Venemo_N950is there a Mer-based image yet with a UX targeted on netbooks? eg. the s10-3t16:10
lbtVenemo_N950: nemo ?16:11
Stskeepspackage Z uses package Y which happens to #include package X's header. we introduce broken package X. package Y rebuilds, but returns same result, so package Z doesn't trigger16:11
Stskeepswhen Z is triggered next time, it takes X's package into use and breaks16:11
StskeepsVenemo_N950: not terribly16:12
StskeepsVenemo_N950: i'm pondering what would be a good qt netbook ui though16:12
lbtStskeeps: which shows the need for more than just "ship it if it builds" testing :)16:12
lbt"package Y rebuilds, but returns same result" ... so package Y simply passes-thru the headers or something?16:13
Stskeepsyeah, #include <stdio.h> as a brutal example16:14
Venemo_N950Stskeeps, I'm not sure there is one yet at all :)16:14
Stskeepslbt: this doesn't happen in localdep because it uses more resources and actually rebuilds the entire tree, because it can't compare with the linked repo's binaries16:14
Stskeepsie, X modified will always trigger Y which will always trigger Z16:16
lbtah16:16
lbtso this is also a badly defined dependency16:17
Stskeepsyeah16:17
lbtZ actually depends on X16:17
lbtbut assumes X if Y16:17
Stskeepsthough16:17
lbtwhich is legitimate16:17
Stskeepsmost packages actually state Requires: glibc-devel (as a brutal example) in their devel headers16:17
Stskeepsso i guess we'll only see this scenario for preinstalled packages16:17
Stskeepsif there's a requires: it would trigger16:18
lbtand if Y lies and declares provides X then .... fail16:18
Stskeepsmm16:18
Stskeepswell that rarely happens :P16:18
Stskeepsthe reason i'm pondering it is that i'm looking at adding functionality to bs_worker to compare against the linked repo16:19
Stskeepsas to make QA tests easier on the OBS16:19
lbtyes16:20
lbtdon't "alternatives" provide things via a proxy16:20
Stskeepshmm?16:20
lbtnm - not really a development situation16:21
Stskeepsbasically it asks OBS for buildinfo16:21
Stskeepsto get the old package16:21
Stskeepsso the question is if buildinfo for a localdep project == .. ? :)16:21
Stskeepsif=what16:23
*** crevetor has joined #mer16:30
Stskeepslo crevetor16:30
*** leinir has quit IRC16:31
lbtphaeron1: ping16:50
phaeron1lbt: ?16:51
lbtcan I sensibly copypac home:iamer:CE:Utils:Devel  kickstarter  Mer:Tools:Testing16:51
phaeron1I don't think that's the correct place to get it from16:52
Stskeepsget from sage's if anything16:52
Stskeepshe's been working on kickstarte16:52
Stskeepsr16:52
lbtnot on c.obs16:52
lbtwell, search returns phaeron1 and mcfrisk_16:53
*** Venemo_N950 has quit IRC16:53
lbtI got sage's git clone git://gitorious.org/~sage/meego-developer-tools/sages-kickstarter.git kickstarter16:53
phaeron1http://build.meego.com/package/show?package=kickstarter&project=devel%3Atools%3Abuilding16:54
lbtOK16:54
lbthttp://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Tools16:54
lbtFYI16:54
lbtphaeron1: that's not sage's though16:56
phaeron1I am not sure where he packages it16:56
lbtOK - you were next sanest choice :)16:57
* lbt cries17:00
lbtspectacle manages to only install itself for python2.617:00
lbt<deep breath> .... once more down the rabbit hole17:00
lbtI think people taking shortcuts are the biggest reason opensource sucks17:02
berndhspeople take just as many shortcuts in closed source :)17:03
lbtit wasn't a comparitive17:04
*** berndhs has quit IRC17:04
*** berndhs has joined #mer17:05
*** arcean has joined #mer17:07
*** zmc has joined #mer17:11
Stskeepslbt: how do we deal with non-squeeze vms?17:12
Stskeepsjust starting to form obs2.3 setup in my mind and contemplating if it's just easier to start from scratch and do it right17:12
*** afiestas has quit IRC17:12
lbtI suggest that it is17:12
Stskeepsis there obs 2.3 appliances yet? (not for our setup)17:13
lbtno, 2.3 isn't final yet17:13
Stskeepso17:13
Stskeepsk17:13
Stskeepshow did you deal with armv7el / armv8el scheduler name in obs 23?17:13
Stskeeps2.317:14
Stskeepsi'm seeing notions it's been renamed17:14
lbtno changes for us17:14
Stskeepsah, just 'recommended'17:15
lbthttp://pastie.org/288905017:15
phaeron1Stskeeps: I made an obs2.3 + boss vm17:16
Stskeepsah, clever17:16
Stskeepslbt: xenflavour?17:16
lbtkiwi is nice17:16
Stskeepsyes, but we're on kvm :P17:16
lbtbut yeah17:17
*** afiestas has joined #mer17:17
lbtthat's straight out of meego17:17
*** leinir has joined #mer17:17
Stskeepsok17:17
Stskeepslet's look at obs tomorrow then, i need to verify we can resurrect mer with just a fakeobs dump anyway17:18
lbtI need to port the mk_11.4 vm maker script - quite short17:18
Stskeeps:nod:17:18
Stskeepsi'm just figuring that if i'm going to be fixing the localdep 'issue', it might as well be on 2.317:19
lbtthat's what I thought about so many things17:19
lbtreally got painful in the end17:19
lbtyou can run the kiwi thing on monster17:20
phaeron1Stskeeps: http://susestudio.com/a/rKRt4v/mint_appliance-32bit if you are interested. you can download the kiwi source , or I can upload the kiwi stuff somewhere17:20
phaeron1lbt: ^^17:20
lbtthen when we make a suse VM we can bootstrap there later17:20
phaeron1bbl17:21
lbtphaeron1: mmm17:21
*** norayr has joined #mer17:23
Stskeepslbt: odd question, how much was the mer tshirts per piece?17:23
lbtI got them on a special - let me see now17:26
lbt£5-1017:26
Stskeeps:nod:17:26
lbtbbiab17:33
Stskeeps=== Difference to previous patchset ===17:37
StskeepsYou can use "Old Version History:" dropdown to get diff according to previous patchset.17:37
Stskeeps^ for those who wondered17:37
*** tomeff has quit IRC17:37
*** tomeff1 has joined #mer17:37
*** king_aoeu has joined #mer17:43
*** Kiranos_ has joined #mer17:57
*** Kiranos has quit IRC17:57
*** Milhouse has quit IRC18:04
*** Milhouse has joined #mer18:06
*** crevetor has quit IRC18:07
*** csgeek has joined #mer18:27
*** vetsin__ has joined #mer18:30
*** vetsin__ is now known as vetsin_18:32
*** pdanek has joined #mer18:35
*** pdanek has left #mer18:38
*** vetsin_ has quit IRC18:39
*** vetsin_ has joined #mer18:39
*** phaeron1 has quit IRC18:42
*** vetsin_ has quit IRC18:44
*** vetsin_ has joined #mer18:46
*** berndhs has quit IRC18:47
Sagelbt, Stskeeps, phaeron: the kickstarter from my git clone yes. That is only one that works with the nemo .ks files atm.18:50
*** vetsin_ has quit IRC18:51
lbtSage: I'm just trying to organise tools18:52
lbthttp://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Tools18:52
lbtabout to push up a new package for spectacle (that supports python 2.7)18:52
lbtI put my  mic2 in there18:52
*** vetsin_ has joined #mer18:53
lbtmmm ssd based local builds are sweet :)18:54
*** toscalix has quit IRC18:54
*** vetsin__ has joined #mer18:57
*** kiviluoto has quit IRC18:58
*** vetsin_ has quit IRC18:58
*** vetsin__ is now known as vetsin_18:58
*** kiviluoto has joined #mer18:58
StskeepsSage: glib2 seems to cause gamin gstreamer poppler to break, though not sure with what (bug in OBS..)18:59
Stskeepson i586, so should be easy to check19:00
xruxaEvening guys. Is anyone trying to get GPS working on N900/N950?19:01
w00ti wonder if that's related to the liblocation symbol resolution error i saw .. somewhere19:02
* w00t forgets now19:02
Stskeepsxruxa: n900 is easy, n950 is a nightmare19:02
w00tStskeeps: oh?19:02
xruxaStskeeps: lets get N900 done then :)19:02
* xruxa would love to see the Maps on N900 to actually get position lock19:03
Stskeepsxruxa: we basically need to rebase the location-adaptation-rx-51 and make a special qt mobility build..19:03
*** ljp_ has joined #mer19:03
Stskeepsw00t: we only have like alpha n950 one  and i'm not sure we have legal approval for it19:03
*** lpotter has quit IRC19:04
w00theh19:05
*** vetsin__ has joined #mer19:07
*** vetsin_ has quit IRC19:08
*** vetsin__ is now known as vetsin_19:08
*** vetsin__ has joined #mer19:13
*** vetsin_ has quit IRC19:14
*** vetsin__ is now known as vetsin_19:14
*** vetsin__ has joined #mer19:16
*** berndhs has joined #mer19:17
*** vetsin_ has quit IRC19:18
*** vetsin__ is now known as vetsin_19:18
*** vetsin__ has joined #mer19:22
*** tagunil has joined #mer19:23
*** vetsin_ has quit IRC19:24
*** vetsin__ is now known as vetsin_19:24
*** vetsin__ has joined #mer19:27
*** vetsin_ has quit IRC19:28
*** vetsin__ is now known as vetsin_19:29
*** vetsin__ has joined #mer19:33
*** vetsin_ has quit IRC19:34
*** vetsin__ is now known as vetsin_19:34
*** lpotter has joined #mer19:35
*** ljp_ has quit IRC19:37
*** vetsin__ has joined #mer19:37
*** vetsin_ has quit IRC19:38
*** vetsin__ is now known as vetsin_19:39
*** stefanopi has quit IRC19:39
*** stefanopi has joined #mer19:40
*** lynxis has joined #mer19:42
*** vetsin__ has joined #mer19:43
*** vetsin_ has quit IRC19:44
*** vetsin__ is now known as vetsin_19:44
*** trbs has joined #mer19:44
*** vetsin__ has joined #mer19:47
*** vetsin_ has quit IRC19:49
*** vetsin__ is now known as vetsin_19:49
*** vetsin__ has joined #mer19:53
*** vetsin_ has quit IRC19:54
*** vetsin__ is now known as vetsin_19:54
*** lynxis has quit IRC19:56
*** vetsin__ has joined #mer19:57
*** vetsin_ has quit IRC19:59
*** vetsin__ is now known as vetsin_19:59
*** araujo has quit IRC20:01
*** lynxis has joined #mer20:02
*** vetsin__ has joined #mer20:03
*** vetsin_ has quit IRC20:04
*** vetsin__ is now known as vetsin_20:04
*** araujo has joined #mer20:05
*** vetsin__ has joined #mer20:08
*** vetsin_ has quit IRC20:08
*** vetsin__ is now known as vetsin_20:08
*** phdeswer has joined #mer20:09
*** vetsin_ has quit IRC20:14
*** Clark008 has quit IRC20:16
*** lynxis has quit IRC20:16
*** phaeron has joined #mer20:24
*** Venemo_N950 has joined #mer20:30
*** Venemo_N950 has joined #mer20:30
*** lynxis has joined #mer20:41
*** norayr has quit IRC20:42
*** norayr has joined #mer20:46
*** zmc has quit IRC20:53
*** tilgovi has joined #mer20:58
*** maour has quit IRC20:59
*** tilgovi has quit IRC21:01
*** tomeff1 has quit IRC21:06
*** tomeff has joined #mer21:06
*** tagunil has quit IRC21:16
*** jargon- has quit IRC21:27
*** Clark008 has joined #mer21:34
*** afiestas has quit IRC21:36
*** tarantism has joined #mer21:45
*** smoku has joined #mer21:50
*** smoku has left #mer21:50
*** smoku has joined #mer21:51
*** himamura has quit IRC21:57
*** tilgovi has joined #mer22:07
*** niqt has joined #mer22:15
*** lynxis has quit IRC22:31
*** lbt has quit IRC22:32
*** lbt has joined #mer22:32
*** lbt has quit IRC22:32
*** lbt has joined #mer22:32
*** pdanek has joined #mer22:33
*** phaeron has quit IRC22:33
*** pdanek has quit IRC22:38
*** pdanek has joined #mer22:38
*** pdanek has left #mer22:39
*** tomeff has quit IRC22:41
*** pdanek1 has joined #mer22:43
*** pdanek1 has left #mer22:43
*** beford has joined #mer22:44
*** tomeff has joined #mer22:45
*** tagunil has joined #mer22:52
*** stefanopi has quit IRC22:53
*** stefanopi has joined #mer22:54
*** leinir has quit IRC22:55
*** king_aoeu has quit IRC22:55
*** stefanopi has quit IRC22:58
*** stefanopi has joined #mer22:58
*** pdanek has joined #mer22:59
*** pdanek has left #mer22:59
*** DocScrutinizer has quit IRC23:00
*** DocScrutinizer has joined #mer23:00
*** zmc has joined #mer23:00
*** Venemo_N950 has quit IRC23:02
*** afiestas has joined #mer23:04
*** rdqfdx has quit IRC23:17
*** andre__ has quit IRC23:18
*** afiestas_ has joined #mer23:25
*** afiestas has quit IRC23:25
*** digie has joined #mer23:28
*** digie has quit IRC23:37
*** berndhs has quit IRC23:39
*** pdanek1 has joined #mer23:44
*** tilgovi has quit IRC23:45
*** niqt has quit IRC23:45
*** smoku has left #mer23:47
*** berndhs has joined #mer23:47

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.9.2 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!